Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ Life in the Pro League, or Lack Thereof! ❯ Tetsusaiga vs Camera People ( Chapter 18 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: I don’t own Yu Gi Oh or GX.



Day Two-5:30 AM

Ha! Ryo had outsmarted the camera crew!

He had set his alarm clock to 5:30 so he wouldn’t be surprised by them again at six!

Well, there was still some time before then, so he’d go get some breakfast before changing out of his pajamas.

So Ryo walked into the living room...

Only to find the whole camera crew sitting there, drinking tea, and reading old newspapers.

One of the finally broke the silence with, “Oh, there you are! We’ve been waiting since four!”

Oh great. They were obviously demons who didn’t require sleep!

Day Two-8:00 AM

As if they hadn’t got enough footage of boring stuff the day before, the crew filmed everything again today!

Well, maybe he could hide in his room when they arrived at his family’s house.

Day Two-10:00 AM

The subway ride over was so full that there was no room for any camera equipment.

For once in his life, Ryo was thankful for the existence of prodding-sticks.

But on the other hand, taking the subway meant he didn’t have his bike. There would be no means for ESCAPE!

Well, Ryo would have to think about that later, because they had reached their stop.

Day Two-11:00 AM

After the crew filmed the front of the house for about 9000 years, Ryo was finally allowed to open the door.
The door was unlocked, since Mrs. Marafuji was expecting them.

There was no barking from Tetsusaiga. Instead, a series of loud slobbering and crunching sounds filled the house.

Not even visitors could distract Tetsusaiga from his food.

Something must have tipped Tetsusaiga off to their presence, for he suddenly ran into the living room, barking while still having his mouth full. The bits of food that kept falling from his mouth detracted somewhat from the fierceness.

But Tetsusaiga was not really intending to be fierce. To him, more people in the house meant more people to greet!

And he tried to do so, as the camera people clung onto any available furniture in a futile attempt to escape.

But of course, as soon as Mrs. Marafuji walked into the room and put Tetsusaiga’s muzzle on, they just HAD to film him as he sat there mournfully!

Ryo, meanwhile, had finally managed to sneak up to his room.

Day Two-Noon

It couldn’t last.

No sooner had Ryo escaped than his mom was calling everyone down for lunch.

Mrs. Marafuji actually LOVED the attention. Anything that let her prove her cooking skills was fine with her.

Plus, she delighted in finding the most embarrassing stories possible from Ryo’s childhood (even though Ryo was certain that Sho had actually done most of those things).

Tetsusaiga COULD have bothered the crew for scraps, but no. He spent the whole meal drooling on Ryo’s knee.

Day Two-1:30 PM.

Time for Sho’s interview.

He did NOT want to participate.

In fact, he locked his door and then piled all his action figures against it.

Ryo knew that Sho would have much rather spent the weekend at school. However, the crew had wanted to interview everyone they could get their hands on!

Sho opened the door only when Mrs. Marafuji promised that he could have a bowl of his American cereal afterwards.

Ryo decided to walk Tetsusaiga-or rather, to get walked by Tetsusaiga. He just hoped that his arm wouldn’t be too sore after wrenching Tetsusaiga away from other dogs, squirrels, and random pieces of litter.

Day Two-3:00 PM

When Ryo finally got back, Sho was at the table, a heaping bowl of cereal before him. In fact, it was so heaping that it was really testing the definition of “bowl of cereal”.

Mrs. Marafuji was already getting started on dinner. Ryo spent the rest of the afternoon being sent to the store to pick up ingredients that were not in the house.

Day Two-6:00 PM

The dinner was uneventful, except for one thing.

“NO! BAD DOG! I’m so sorry; I thought we had trained him out of this! BAD DOG!”

Well, Ryo had to admit that peeing on the enemy’s notebook was a rather obscure military tactic. But anything that could help win the war against the camera crew was fine by him!

Day Two-8:00 PM

Poor Sho couldn’t get a break.

Now they were forcing him to duel against Ryo, and he was about to lose four turns in.

Thankfully, Tetsusaiga ran in right then and sat on the dueling mat.

Good. Tetsusaiga didn’t like the camera people either. Or maybe he was just being stupid.

Day Two-9:00 PM

Bedtime.

Next day, Ryo would be forced to see Sakura again. In fact, they would have to go on a DATE while the crew filmed the whole thing.
Ryo was still fervently hoping for that tsunami/earthquake/asteroid.