Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ Nine Month Rollercoaster Ride ❯ Chapter Six: Moment ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

NINE MONTH ROLLERCOASTER RIDE
AN: Last real chapter… after this, there may be a possible epilogue. Now, I don't own YGO GX, as Kazuki Takahashi and 4Kids does. I just own all original characters. Here we go!
 
 
Chapter Six: Moment
 
SUMMARY
 
Bastion then told him, “You better get in there. Alexis needs you.” Jaden just nodded, and so did Syrus and
Chumley as Jaden made it into the room Alexis and the doctors were in.
 
END SUMMARY
 
“AHHHHHHHH JADEN!!!!” Alexis screamed as the pain got stronger. “IT HURTS!!!!!”
 
And this is the point where you guys came in… Now where did the time go while I was giving you, the audience partial commentary? Well… anyway… with my daughter about to be born, I better get to back to Alexis before she starts wondering where Adriana's dad is. Enjoy the rest of this chapter!
 
Outside the room, the boys were waiting, but they were no more anxious than Syrus, who was pacing as if HE was the father, and not Jaden. Atticus just told him, “Hey… Don't worry about it. I'm sure Jaden and Alexis are ok right now.”
 
“I'm not worried.” Syrus said, while the others just looked at him like if he was lying. “Well just a little.” He admitted.
 
“So, anybody got any money for a grilled cheese?” Chumley asked. Nobody acknowledged it. “I'll take that as a no.” He said.
 
Inside the room though, Jaden's anxiety, although muted, was high. “Don't worry Alexis… the worst will be over soon.” Jaden said as the doctor injected a painkiller into her back.
 
Now you're probably wondering, “Why don't the dad-to-be have a camera in hand?” Hey… isn't my commentary good enough? I'm just kidding. I didn't think that the hospital would allow it, so I probably thought best to play it safe and not bring one. Oh… I gotta get back to my wife here.
 
“That's it, we see the head. Come on Alexis, one more big push on three.” Doctor Green said. Of course, he was there because his shift was starting. “One, two… three!” Alexis breathed, then pushed, and a second and one loud howl later, there she was; her and Jaden's new daughter.
 
As soon as I saw her, I thought, `Oh my. She's mine?' I then, inwardly, made a promise. As long as I live and breathe, I'll always find time for Alexis and our daughter. Oh. Doctor Green's calling me. Guess he wants to know what we're gonna name her. I'll get back to all of you later!
 
“Congratulations you two. It's a girl.” Doctor Green said. “Have you guys decided on a name?”
 
“Yeah.” Jaden said, as he cut the cord.
 
“Adriana Alexis Yuki.” Alexis replied. While the afterbirth was being expulsed and Adriana was being weighed, cleaned up and wrapped in pink blankets, Jaden used the extra bit of time to go back out into the hallway right after Doctor Green gave him the weight.
 
“So Jay, what's your new arrival?” Syrus asked.
 
“Yeah Jaden. Boy? Or girl?” Bastion asked as well.
 
“It's a six pound five ounce baby girl.” Jaden answered.
 
“Great.” Atticus said.
 
“Yeah.” Jaden replied. “I guess I better get back.”
 
“You should.” Chazz said, as Alexis' girlfriends walked towards them. A few seconds, Jaden walked out again, holding Adriana.
 
“Oh… She's beautiful.” Jasmine said.
 
“Yeah.” Mindy replied, as Jaden gave her the new arrival. “She's got Alexis' hair and your eyes, Jaden.” She observed.
 
“I agree, Jaden.” Atticus said, as he got a glimpse of his new niece.
 
“Hopefully she won't get your brain, Slacker.” Chazz said, not resisting the urge to throw in a joke.
 
“Chazz!” Jasmine yelled, playfully bopping her boyfriend's shoulder. Jaden took Adriana back gently from Mindy after a few seconds, and showed off to Syrus.
 
“Here's your new goddaughter.” Jaden said, as he gave her to Syrus for him to hold.
 
“She's cute.” Syrus said.
 
“Well… I gotta give her back.” Jaden said after 20 seconds. Syrus gave Jaden back his daughter and Jaden walked back ever so slowly to Alexis, cradling Adriana in his arms ever so carefully.
 
“Jaden?” Alexis asked as Jaden gave their daughter back to her so she could feed her.
 
“Yes?” Jaden asked back.
 
“Promise me right now, you won't leave us.” Alexis said.
 
“You have my word.” Jaden replied, as he gave Alexis a peck on the lips.
 
At that moment, I realized then and there, life could not have been better than this. I felt like now, I had everything I wanted other than duelling: a great home, good friends like Syrus, Bastion and even Chazz. Heck, he even surprised Alexis and me with his ability to bow out gracefully when the priest asked if he wanted to object to our wedding. But then I realized, you could take away my love of duelling, but you can't take away family. I realized it now, I may have loved Alexis before Adriana came into our lives, but now, I loved my wife a lot more, maybe not as much as I love my daughter, but excuse me if I'm sounding a bit corny, but I knew I would be with them forever.
 
END CHAPTER
 
 
Well… Just the epilogue to do… R&R!