Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ The Field ❯ Chapter Four: The Draw ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

THE FIELD
ML: Been awhile since I added to this here fic, but what could I do?
 
Jaden: What happened?

ML: This and that, but mostly you and the gang saving Alexis from being seriously injured by the Gooners. Anyway, I don't own YGO GX, any teams from the Football League, or any characters from the mind of Demon of RHS. I do own all OCs. There. LET'S GO!
 
 
Chapter Four - The Draw
 
Kicks Sporting Goods, Greater Manchester, Monday, 8:00 AM
 
`Great.' Jaden thought. `Bad enough to work in a store in City territory, but traffic really stinks.' Of course, other than the usual customers wanting soccer gear for themselves, or for their kids, it had been a pretty slow day at work.
 
“Jaden, you ok?” Syrus asked, as he walked into the main store area from inventory.
 
“Yeah, you look out of it.” Mike replied.
 
“I hope Alexis is ok.” Jaden said.
 
“You know, you don't even know her.” Mike began.
 
“Yeah. I know you. Besides, you think more with your heart than your brains, bro.” Syrus continued. “Besides, what if she's a cop?”
 
“Hey, if she's a cop, we'll make sure she never walks into Old Trafford again.” Jaden answered. “But right now, we'll give her the benefit of the doubt.” Just as he finished his sentence, Alexis walked in.
 
“Hello guys.” She said.
 
“Hey.” They all replied. Jaden just asked, “What are you doing here?”
 
“Bastion told me you work here.” Alexis answered.
 
“Yeah. I mean, being a soccer fan ain't exactly a paid job.” Jaden said, wittingly.
 
“Neither is kicking an Arsenal fan's head in.” Alexis replied. “Anyway, I came to thank you for what you done for me at Emirates Stadium.”
 
“It's no big deal.” Jaden said. “Heck, we ALWAYS watch out for our friends.” After a few minutes, Alexis left the store. The boss walked in, and slapped something on the counter near Jaden. “What are those?” He asked.
 
“They're tickets for Manchester City vs. Aston Villa.” Ian, who was the owner of the store, and a huge City fan.
 
“Uh, you do know we're Manchester United fans, boss.” Jaden said, and began the whole “31 years” thing. (AN: 31 years was the last time Manchester City won anything, so hopefully I got it right.)
 
“Now wait a minute. I figured it would be a reward for the work you guys done.” Ian replied. “And besides, United aren't the real club here, City is.”
 
“Yeah, but which team was the one that won all those honours while you guys were having mostly down years?” Mike asked.
 
“Ok, ok, ok… don't take `em.” Ian said. “It's just that I'm planning something for the wife.”
 
“All right… I'll take Alexis, and see if she likes City.” Jaden replied. “You guys um… do whatever you want.” He said as he took the tickets.
 
City of Manchester Stadium, Tuesday, 8:30 PM
 
“City's pretty good.” Alexis said.
 
“Better keep it quiet, `Lex.” Jaden replied. “City fans aren't real appreciative of anything United.”
 
“How do you know?” Alexis asked.
 
“Let's just say that I've had to bail out my friends who ran afoul of angry City fans.” Jaden explained, as the game went on. It was 0-0 then, and it remained 0-0 all the way through the second half until Barton made it 1-0 in the last minute of stoppage time. Luckily Jaden and Alexis it back to the other side of Manchester without much trouble.
 
When they walked into the bar, however, Chazz wasn't happy. “Why were you at the COMS?” he asked.
 
“Hey, give them a break! Our boss gave Jaden the tickets to the game there!” Mike yelled.
 
“But still, they're nothing but delusional!” Chazz said.
 
“Then again, if they think this is their town, they're nothing BUT delusional.” Jaden replied. That pretty much shut Chazz up.
 
The Trafford, Friday, 5:30 PM
 
Jaden walked into the bar where the gang was waiting, as was Alexis. “Perfect timing, bro. The draw's about to begin.”
 
“Yeah Jaden.” Mike butted in. “You wanna know who we're gonna play?”
 
The TV answered that question. “Number eight.” One announcer said.
 
“That would be Manchester United.” The other one replied. He then continued, “Their opponents, number 15, Liverpool.” Chazz left as soon as it was announced.
 
END CHAPTER