Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ The New Hero: Gladiator's Assault ❯ Encounters: Kensei Found Out! ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Last Time: "You won't win the duel even if you attack and destroy our monsters we have four thousand more life points then you." Mako cackled."Yes but his effect let's me reduce my opponent's life points by the higher value either attack or defense points and it's level times fifty. Go Tiamat, attack the Overdragon!" Tiamat plunged under the field and dragged Veronica's monster with it. (Mako/Veronica's LP: 0) The holograms vanished and the fog began to grip the losing team."Time for the punishment, finish us if you want, we lost fair and square." Mako said with difficulty. Just as Steve was about to say something both Veronica and Mako disappeared, the fog going with them."Guys! We need to get Lucas to the infirmary, NOW!" Jessica yelled. Greg picked Lucas up, held him up by his shoulders, and began to well... drag him out of the building."He gonna be ok?" Steve asked from the back of the party."None of us are real medical experts, Mako's gotten us with those whips alot. This of course also including that we only had to take one, he took four. Sort of alot for one person to take on, especially after our little fracus." Greg said with a grimace.
and
"Okay, but I'm changing it up a little, Dichaeri gets replaced by Alexander. (2400/600) One of my Raquels however is being replaced by my most powerful Gladiator!" Lucas pointed to the sky where a shrill eagle cry pierced the tension. "Meet the most powerful Gladiator Beast in the game: Gladiator Beast Octavius!" (2500/1200) a yellow eagle with massive arms and legs wheeled around the arena before landing behind Lucas. A handsome lion with mechanical wings and full plate armor flew down right behind it. Rafael drew back when he saw them, their presence terrified him as they could probably rip his own monsters apart effortlessly. "Now Octavius' effect destroys Gravity Axe." Lucas pointed as Octavius flew up and began to flap his wings, causing a strong wind to rip apart the hologram of the card. (2500/1000) Rafael ended his turn and Lucas drew what he knew would be the last card of the duel."I activate Heavy Storm to destroy all of our spells or traps, next I activate my equip spells Armaments of the Gladiator Beasts-Gladius and they go onto my Octavius." (3100/1200) "Then I activate Wild Nature's Release to make Alexander a three thousand point beatstick right alongside Octavius at thirty one, and I activate Double Attack, discarding another Octavius giving the one one my field two attacks. Now Alexander attack Grarl!" Alexander grabbed Grarl's wrists and threw him into the stands where several students frantically jumped out of the way to avoid the flurry of pixels. (Rafael's LP: 2400) "Now Octavius attacks Tryce!" Octavius picked Tryce up by his shoulders and began flying up into the sky, when it hit the top of the arena it dropped Tryce who fell to the ground and exploded in a splash of pixels which resembled water as it had fallen head first. He then turned to Backup Guardna, and in a similair fashion the purple monster fell into the ground. (Rafael's LP: 700) "Raquel finish this, attack!" Raquel slashed across Rafael's chest, the force of the attack lifted Rafael off of the ground and threw him off of the platform.
and
"I activate my trap, Mask of Darkness, this immediately ends your turn when a Cryptal Beast is destroyed." Mike said as he drew a card to begin the turn. "This has been a great duel, I've learned quite a bit, now it's time to end this, I summon Cryptal Beast El Chupacabra. I activate the effect of El Chupacabra, I drain half of Girodo's attack and add it to his!" (3050/1800) (1250/2500) "Now I'm not going to finish it, I'm taking on Yamoto. Go El Chupacabra, Vampire Dog Strike!" the blue-gray dog raced across the field, it took down Yamoto and drained it of it's life as Ben's Life Points trickled down to 0. (Mike's LP: 900) (Ben's LP: 0)

Encounters: Kensei Found Out!

Three weeks after the announcement that Horus Kensei would be scouting talent...

Lucas didn't trust Kensei at all. You just can't take somebody seriously if they're wearing a business suit and high top sneakers. He recently got a girlfriend, Crystal, she didn't seem to change her attitude. She held Lucas' hand, rather then just simply sitting with him. He thought the relationship was going well so he kept doing what he was doing.

"I don't trust Kensei." Lucas said as he enjoyed his lunch with his friends, and recent girlfriend.

"We know you haven't quit talking about it!" Ben shouted as he picked his tray up to throw away the garbage.

"Why don't you trust him, Lucas?" Crystal asked, she was currently waiting for Lucas to finish his meal, which he'd been eating similar to the way a lion does shortly after the kill.

"You just can't take a business man wearing high tops seriously." he replied as he began ripping into a small plate of chicken wings. Each one begging not to be the next to die. At that precise moment the chancellor's voice began to speak over the public announcement system. Lucas began glaring around as if he was expecting someone to take his food. Pieces of chicken hanging out of his mouth.

"Attention students, in all the excitement of the beggining of the year, we've forgotten to pick the new Kaiser!" he chuckled. "In order to pick a new Kaiser, we'll be holding a tournament spanning over the entire island, starting today all third years will duel until one remains. That student will become the new Kaiser. Thank you!" and with that people began erupting from their seats, randomly challenging other students. Lucas and his friends decided that it would be best to finish and get out ASAP.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In front of the main academy a half an hour later...

Two second year girls stood facing each other one was in red, the other in yellow. Both of these girls had brownish-blonde hair, both at about mid-back length. One had beautiful, gracefuly etched features, the other while equally beautiful was more tough, her hair flowing down her back like a waterfall. She was the first to speak, her voice was cheery and charismatic as she issued the challenge to the Slifer Red girl.

"Nikki, it has been a while since we last dueled, has it not?" she asked. The one called Nikki, whose hair was pulled back in a ponytail nodded.

"It has." she replied in a shy voice. The other girl's duel disk activated immediately.

"Then how 'bout it? Right here right now!" the other girl responded.

"I don't know Anika, I have to meet Ben and..." Nikki began, but was cut short when Ben, Lucas, Rafael, and Mike all appeared in the crowd.

"What? My duel senses were tingling." Lucas explained when he saw the faces of his two friends. When Nikki made eye contact with Ben she began to blush furiously. the red on her face almost melting into the red on her uniform.

"Looks like someone's got a crush on Benny boy!" Lucas said as he nudged Ben's arm. Ben slapped him across the face, sending him reeling backwards.

"You idiot! We've been dating for a while now!" Ben yelled as Lucas regrouped.

"You've met up with your boyfriend now let's duel!" Anika said as her duel disk whirred to life. (Anika's LP: 4000)
Nikki nodded as her own duel disk activated. (Nikki's LP: 4000) "I'll start with one monster face down and two cards face down, turn end." Nikki said, Anika closed her eyes and concentrated before she drew.

"Hey Ben, is Nikki Japanese or American?" Lucas whispered.

"Both, her father's American, her mother's Japanese. Why do you ask?" Ben replied.

"No reason, just couldn't tell." Lucas replied as Anika started her move.

"I summon Amazoness Blowpiper (800/1500)!" A muscular woman in a green tube top and mini skirt blinked out of her card and drew her blowpipe and shot a small barrage at the face down card.

"You've attacked Aussa the Earth Charmer (500/1500) and she let's me take control of your Blowpiper." Nikki said as the Amazoness disappeared from Anika's field and reappeared on Nikki's. It was soon joined by a small girl with brown hair, brown eyes, huge glasses, and a staff with a grey-black orb on the end of it. Anika pulled two more cards out of her hand and set them face down on her field. She nodded to Nikki who drew a card, sending her field into motion. "I sacrifice Aussa and your Blowpiper to special summon from my deck Familiar Possessed Aussa (1850/1500) in attack mode!" The Amazoness monster disappeared into Aussa's staff. The sudden burst of energy caused the tiny spellcaster to grow. Her hair and clothes enlongated, her glasses began to fit better, and she began to show more womanly features. "Next I summon Familiar Possessed Hiita (1850/1500)! Also in attack mode!" Another beautiful teenaged girl appeared alongside the earth spellcaster. She had fiery red hair that was about shoulder length, similar clothes as her earth counterpart, and a staff that ended in a pointed red jewel. "Attack her life points directly!" Nikki commanded. As her monsters raced across the field one of Anika's cards flipped face up.

"Sorry, but Ultimate Offering gives me an extra normal summon for every five hundred life points spent, combined with Life Absorbing Machine I'll gain half of that back. I spend one thousand life points to summon two Amazoness Paladins (1700/300 x2)!" (Anika's LP: 3000) Two muscular women in white chieftess outfits appeared from their cards and faced the two spellcasters. "And they gain one hundred for each Amazoness on the field including themselves. (1900/300x2) Nikki recalled her monsters and set one card face down. Anika began her turn and gained back her life points. (Anika's LP: 3500)

"I summon Amazoness Fighter (1600/1500) in attack mode!" a very muscular woman wearing what could most accurately be described as a green bikini charged onto the field. Had she not looked like some one who could easily tear your arms clean out of the sockets many guys would be drooling over her almost completely exposed chest.

"Yup, good clean card games." Lucas said as he began to become very interested in a bug about to crawl over his shoe.

"My two paladins will obliterate your two spellcasters, and my fighter will attack you directly!" the paladins shot beams of white light into the spellcasters who exploded instantly. The Fighter, after making a dramtic charge across the field merely flicked Nikki lazily in the forehead. Nikki rubbed the spot lightly, but didn't pay it much mind. (Nikki's LP: 2300)

"Dude I just realized something!" Rafael exclaimed.

"What?" Lucas asked.

"Two things; One: AmazonessFighter looks like a friggen bondage slave. Look at those black leather bands around her stomach! Two: muscular women are kind of cute!" Rafael exclaimed again with giant pink hearts in his eyes. Everyone sweat-dropped and backed away slowly.

"Ok, I activate Spirtual Avatar Rebirth! This let's me special summon all of the Familiar Possessed monsters you destroyed last turn, at the cost of five hundred life points. So come on back Familiar Possessed Aussa and Hiita!" (Nikki's LP: 1800) Both of Nikki's monsters were revived from their respective elements. "Next I summon Familiar Possessed Eria! (1850/1500)" a beautiful girl with long flowing blue hair formed out of a puddle off to the side of the field. She was desssed in blue and white similar to the way her sisters. She shook her head and her hair sparkled brilliantly. "Next I activate the field spell Elemental Waterfalls! This gives all of my monsters a five hundred point boost!" (2350/1500 x3) All at once they leveled their staffs at the three Amazoness monsters. "Eria and Aussa attack your two paladins, and Hiita attacks your Fighter in that order." three beams of light, one red, one blue, and one black collided with the three Amazoness monsters one after another.

"Because of my Fighter's effect I don't take damage from her battle." Anika proudly announced. (Anika's LP: 2700)

"Alright my turn and I set one monster face down and end my turn." Anika declared with an almost too satisfied smirk. Nikki drew cautiously, somehow she sensed a new monster underneath her rival's card.

"I summon Familiar Possessed Shayde (1850/1500-2350/1500) in attack mode!" a girl with pitch black hair appeared from seemingly nowhere. She had very pale skin, but that didn't diminish her beauty. Her clothes were very different, she wore all black, her staff ended in a purple jewel, and she wore all sorts of black make-up on her face. "Shayde attacks your face down monster with Darkness Burst!" a black beam shot from the tip of the jewel into the face down card which shattered leaving a savage looking turtle in it's place, the turtle however vanished instantly.

"You destroyed Amazoness Turtle (0/2000), when this little guy gets destroyed it instantly ends the battle phase!" Anika said as a face down card appeared behind Nikki's monsters. Anika drew bringing her up to four cards in hand. "I activate Premature Burial and two Spell Copy Machines, now at the cost of twenty four hundred I can special summon my Amazoness Fighter (1600/1500), Blowpiper (800/1500), and Paladin (2000/300)! Next I normal summon Amazoness Tiger (1100/1800) and this kitty gains four hundred attack points for every Amazoness monster on my field bringing him to thirty one hundred (3100/1800)!" a giant bengal tiger with a scar across it's right eye jumped out from behind Anika and in front of the Amazoness monsters. (Anika's LP: 300) "Amazoness Tiger attack Shayde now!" the tiger gracefully leapt into the air toward the gothic spellcaster. Nikki waved a hand over her face down card which revealed a trap of Shayde casting some sort of spell.

"Spiritual Darkness Art Maharagi! This let's me sacrifice Shayde so I can destroy all of the spells and traps you have ending your combo!" Shayde dissolved into pure darkness and destroyed all of Anika's spells and traps. The three Amazoness monsters all returned to Anika's graveyard.

"I'll recall my tiger and end my turn." Anika had already accepted defeat. Life Absorbing Machine did not give her 1200 life points back since it went to the graveyard. Nikki drew and immediately ordered the attack. Hiita shot a fireball which collided with Anika, knocking her down to her knees. "Good duel." she whispered.

"Yes good duel indeed ladies!" Kensei applauded as he made his way through the crowd.

"Thank you sir." both girls bowed.

"How does this guy keep showing up after a duel?" Lucas asked himself.

"Probably just some sort of luck." Ben replied.

"I'm gonna follow this guy around, see if I can figure somethings out about him." Lucas responded. He then went to find a hiding spot ignoring Kensei's talking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ten Minutes later...
Lucas had been following Kensei for ten minutes now, he had to go back to whereever he was staying for something soon right? When Lucas felt like giving up he saw Kensei walk into the electronics control room just off of the main academy. He followed him in, keeping quiet and remaining low. After a series of turns through the building Kensei stopped in front of a shiny metal door, it slid open and Kensei (with Lucas following) went into a room filled with monitors which depicted students dueling through what Lucas could only assume were security cameras.

"I know you're there." Kensei said. Lucas covered his mouth and ducked down, he'd wondered how Kensei'd caught him. Shortly after this Lucas heard a muffled sound coming from a head set that Kensei was wearing. Lucas exhaled and kept listening.

"I don't care how you do it just get it done. There are two people in this school who use them now find both of them and do what you can to make them join me!" he was practically yelling now.

'Who are these people? Why does he want them to join him?' Lucas thought as he kept listening to the conversation.

"If we don't bring Him the duelists that He selected then the whole plan will be ruined! Mako and Veronica were loses, but your brothers are clearly able to take these students! You're pros for God's sake!" Lucas had heard enough so he snuck out and met up with his friends, dinner was soon anyway.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At the Ra dining hall...

Lucas had invited Nikki, Steve, and Mike over for dinner that night. It was mainly because he knew that Slifers were mistreated, and Obelisks could do basically anything. Tonight the master chefs of the Ra dorm prepared a huge buffet of foods from around the world! It was so delicious smelling that it took the combined effort of Ben, Mike, and Rafael to restrain Lucas. When he finally calmed down they let him load his plate with food then they forced him to sit down before he could gorging.

"Where does all that food go?" Nikki asked as this was the first time she'd watched him eat ever.

"He has an anime stomach, he can eat as much as he wants without gaining or losing weight, isn't that right?" Crystal stated. Lucas nodded and continued plowing though the small mountain of food, occasionally stopping to drink. "Hey I forgot my silverware, would you get me some, Lucas?" Crystal asked. Lucas immediately got his girlfriend some silverware. Ben made a noise that sounded like a whip cracking.

"Be nice, it's cute that he does things for his girlfriend." Nikki defended.

"Anika my sweet, how's life going! I've been longing to see you since we last parted!" Rafael appeared from nowhere.

"Just no, Raf, just no..." Lucas shook his head. Anika blushed a little, but managed to hide it as she looked over at the love-struck guy.

"That doesn't work for Brock, it won't work for you." Mike dragged Rafael away from the table by his ear.

"Why don't you leave me be!" Rafael was furious now.

"It's a matter of safety, your sideburns could put an eye out!" Mike and Rafael began to argue about why Rafael should behave.

"Attention duelists!" an announcement came over the loud speakers. "All hail the new Kaiser of Duel Academy, Valon Miyamoto!" the voice boomed, the dining hall erupted into thunderous applause.

"Thank you" Valon had a British accent similar to Jeremy. "As my first act as Kaiser I would like to personally thank Mr. Kensei for taking time from his pro dueling career to scope out the duelists. Second, mid-terms are around the bend, I encourage all of you to sharpen up before the written test. Third and finally, in regards to last week and the rumors of "Shadow Games" going on at this school a paranormal investigation squad will be checking around looking for students who've had activity in Shadow Games. If they stop you please comply without resistance. Thank you and I'm out." the announcement ended and everyone got back to their meals.

"I've heard of that guy, uses some sort of armor deck." Anika commented.

"Weird isn't it? Duelists all around the island use decks just like the Oricalcos motorcycle gang from way back when Yugi Moto was King of Games." Mike added. Everyone instantly looked over at Rafael.

"What?" he asked.

"You use an Oricalcos' minion deck." Crystal said with a little spite in her voice.

"Guardians are awesome monsters, don't take it as "Oh my God he's some sort of next gen. Oricalcos user!" that's just stupid." Rafael defended. Everyone backed off.

"Mid-Terms are coming up, think we'll have to duel each other or what?" Lucas changed the subject.

"Well the head duelists, the seniors in the dorms Ra and Obelisk, will face the hopefuls of Slifer and Ra based on dorms. It's basically a big promo duel. Not very far from the ordinary. Jessica explained.

"Ok, now to my next questuion. What're we gonna do about the paranormal investigators? Steve, Crystal, even myself, we've all been involved with Shadow Games. If they find any of that activity in us we could be expelled." Lucas said with deep concern.

"We merely explain that we were victims of the Shadow Games that Mako had started." Crystal attempted an answer.

"He disappeared, how're we gonna explain that?" Lucas shot back.

"At any rate we need to make sure that they understand that we didn't do anything." Steve added.

To be continued...

Next time: Things have begun to settle down, but something weird is happening, a strange black clad person is roaming the school. He seems harmless, but he isn't someone anyone would want to mess with. Check it out in: Harbinger of Darkness: Wrath of Red-Eyes.