Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ The only opinion that matters! ❯ The Prologue. Hey cool, tuna! ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: I'd like to dedicate this fic to my three cats. They will be valuable resources for me in my attampt to make this story accurate.

Prologue

I have come to a firm decision. I am not moving.

I don't see any reason to move. It's nice here under the bed. I have my own little nest of blankets. However, perhaps the most important thing is the fact that I'm hidden away from all these PEOPLE!

How stupid can they get? Day after day, I've stayed in the same place. I never move except when they're gone. But they just do not get it. They put their faces right up to the edge of the bed and make silly noises in an attempt to get me to move. I tell them, via hissing and icy stares, that I have no intention of obeying a bunch of morons. They eventually leave, but they always come back and repeat the whole process. The only good thing about them is that they keep my food dish full and my litter box clean.

These people really make me miss my Person. I wonder when he'll come back. Every night, he sleeps on the bed and I sleep under it. That's why I am under the bed. Maybe if I stay in MY place, he'll go back to HIS place. But now I'm starting to think it's not working. I've been here for longer than I can count. I realize that maybe he forgot. I might have to ignore him when he finally gets back.

Oh jeez, the people are back. Hey, they have tuna! I can never pass up an opportunity to have tuna!

------------------------------

They tricked me! Those idiotic humans outsmarted me! I came out to get the tuna, but they grabbed me and put me in a cat carrier. I would have tried to escape, but I had the tuna to eat.

The people took me to a place I'd never seen before. Some people were in the room having an argument. I couldn't understand what they were saying. I'll just record their meaningless sounds for the heck of it:

"Well, of course he'd hide under the bed. His whole life has been turned upside down. He's probably terrified!"

"It's a CAT! Cats don't think like us. They just like ignoring people for the heck of it!"

Like I said before, I have no idea what any of this means. I did learn to understand most of what my Person said, but that was after years of listening to him. I looked around the room, just in case my Person was in this new room. He wasn't. I was really beginning to get ticked off at him.

I went to sleep because I had finished the tuna and there was nothing else to do.

-------------------------------

When I woke up, I found myself in yet another room. This time, I did recognize where I was. This was where the Other Person lived. She was the only other human I trusted.

The two people from before were in this room, too. And they were still saying meaningless things.

"I don't see how this would help her. She won't respond to anything! What makes you think that the cat would do any good? If anything, it would remind her of what's happened over the past few days!"

"Well, we have to do all we can. She'll quit her job if she doesn't snap out of it. We already have our hands full finding one replacement dorm leader. Can you imagine what it would be like looking for TWO of them?!"

"I really think we should just leave her alone. But I guess I can't convince you of that. Take the cat if you must!"

And with that, one of the people walked over to me and scooped me up. I couldn't understand! Why didn't they just leave me alone? What did they say? Where was my person? And WHERE WAS MY SUPPER? I growled and hissed as loudly as I could, but the person just ignored me.

------------------------------

I was losing count of just how many different places I had been in. Hopefully, they'd leave me alone now! There was a nice comfy bed in here. I knew it was comfy because it was the Other Person's bed. I'd been on it before.

The Other Person was on the bed, but she was asleep. I curled up in a patch of sunlight and wondered if I'd ever see my Person again. Something must have happened to him. He was a human, but he wasn't stupid enough to just up and leave like that. He'd been my Person for years. I couldn't even remember what my life was like before.

Wait, I did have a vague memory. I strained to remember it in greater detail...

---------------------------------

To be continued as soon as I can find time to do it! As is usual with my fics, I'm not sure how well everyone will like the concept. However, I don't think anyone else has written anything similar. I hope it'll turn out okay!