Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ The only opinion that matters! ❯ The Box ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5 (finally!)
 
 
A/N: This chapter is an evil filler of doom! I'm sorry, but I just wanted to put something up.
 
One note: The “Hey, what's in there...?” line in this chapter is paraphrased from The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. I thought that line would be funny, considering Daitokuji's situation.
 
Disclaimer: I own nothing, so I stick my tongue out at the lawyers! :p
 
 
 
 
BACK TO PHARAOH'S FLASHBACK...
 
Life seemed to return to normal for a while. It was really hot out, so I stayed in the new house for most of the time.
 
My Person was up to something, though. I just knew it. He spent a lot of time scribbling on pieces of paper. As far as I was concerned, paper was only good for shredding. However, I never got a chance to chew up THESE papers. When my Person was done with them, he always put them some place where I couldn't find them. But I wasn't too concerned. It was too hot to chew on stuff anyway.
 
One morning, my suspicions were proven. My Person was up to something.
 
---------------------------
 
It was way early in the morning. I hadn't even asked for breakfast yet! I was just sleeping and minding my own business when I was rudely awoken by a scraping sound. My Person dragged something big into the bedroom. The scraping sound was due to the fact that the big object was being dragged against the uncarpeted floor.
 
I decided that, rudely woken up as I was, I absolutely HAD to check out this object! I jumped off the bed and crossed the room.
 
The object turned out to be a box. Now, I had seen boxes before. There was my litter box, of course. Sometimes my Person would bring home cardboard boxes for me to play in. And of course, rice crackers came in boxes.
 
This box was not like any of those. For one thing, it was really, really big. I was quite sure my Person could have fit in it if he wanted to. Also, this box smelled funny. It smelled a bit like wood, a bit like my Person, and a bit like a bunch of nasty chemicals.
 
I decided that I did not like the box. I turned my back on it. However, that was far from the last I would see of The Box.
 
 
 
My Person finally noticed that I was awake and fed me. I went back to sleep until my Person picked me up some time later.
 
“Come on, Pharaoh, we've got to move this thing before the tour group arrives!” he said. I yawned.
 
We went outside. It was as hot as ever. My Person was holding me in one arm. In his free hand, he held a rope which was attached to The Box.
 
Since it was still very early in the morning, not many people were outside. In fact, only one Person was outside. He was attacking the grass with a pair of big scissors. I couldn't see the point in that. If the grass was gone, what would the people eat if they got a stomachache?
 
The Cutting-Grass Person said something to my Person. Since I didn't know the Cutting Grass Person, I didn't understand what he said. However, I'll record it anyway. It was something like:
 
“Hey, what's in there? A dead body or something?” He was pointing at The Box.
 
My Person laughed as if he thought that statement was funny. However, he tightened his grip both on me and the rope. He said something back (I don't remember what) and we set off again.
 
We left The Box in a big, dark room. For some reason, My Person took several minutes to do the simple act of leaning The Box against the wall.
 
`Well, that was weird!' I thought to myself when we finally got home. That thought was banished quickly from my mind when I saw the comfiness that was My Person's bed. I was asleep in just a few seconds!
 
 
 
BACK AT THE PRESENT...
 
The Other Person was talking again. I didn't think the things she was saying made much sense, but I decided to just let her talk.
 
When she saw I was back on the bed, she said, “But of course, we didn't get to talk much the first time we saw each other...we got to know each other more when those students toured the campus. Do you remember that day, Pharaoh?”
 
Oh, I did all right. I wished I didn't. For months I had been trying to forget that horrible day! Now I was reliving it....
 
A/N: The next chapter will be about a group of students touring Duel Academia before taking the test to get in. They are allowed to bring family members, and their bratty younger siblings will torment poor Pharaoh, who just wants to be left alone!
 
It will be a light and humorous chapter, to contrast with this one, which I turned out a bit darker than I had originally planned!