Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ The only opinion that matters! ❯ The Tour of DOOM! ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]





BACK TO FLASHBACKS


Later that day, I was woken up AGAIN. I had decided that this was a really bad day for me.

My Person unceremoniously scooped me up and hauled me outside. He was still holding things in his other hand, but it wasn’t The Box this time. It was a big stack of papers.

I had thought it couldn’t get any hotter than it had gotten this morning. I was wrong. I couldn’t see why anyone would want to be out in this heat, much less that big group of people that was currently walking in the gate.

My attention was temporarily diverted from these people when I saw the Other Person. She was struggling to put up a HUGE piece of paper on a wall. I found this quite entertaining.

I could have sat and watched her for hours and remained amused. However, my Person just HAD to ruin my fun by going over and helping. My source of entertainment was gone in just a couple of minutes

After the big sheet of paper was hung up, my Person and the Other Person started handing my Person’s pieces of paper to the people I had previously seen walking through the gate. There was nothing more for me to observe, so I went off in search of some shade.


-------------------------


I found my shade relatively easily. There were two small children in this shade, but they weren’t paying any attention to me. I curled up on a patch of grass.

Alas, my comfort would not last. Soon, the littler of the two children squealed, “Look, Ayame! A kitty! Let’s pet him!”

I didn’t know what they were saying, but evidently their sole purpose in life was to torture me. They touched my perfectly clean fur with their nasty, sticky hands. They screeched in my ear. They even pulled my tail!

Such rudeness could not go unpunished! I lashed out with one of my paws.

The touching immediately ceased, but the squealing got louder.

The littler child ran off and said, “Big brother! We were petting a nice kitty and it hurted me for no reason!”

The bigger kid remained in the shade. Finally, she said, “You are in big trouble, kitty. Cho went and got our big brother. He’s big and tough. He’ll show you who’s boss!”

I didn’t care what she was trying to say. I finally had my peace and quiet!


---------------------------


I should have known that I would be soon woken up for, what, the tenth time that day? The younger of the children was back, along with a bigger person.

Fortunately, this bigger person did not touch me. He seemed to be scolding the smaller People. All three of them walked off.

I couldn’t help but notice one thing about the Nice Person. He had marks all over the backs of his hands. They smelled like ink.

I met many people that afternoon, whether I liked it or not. There was a nice girl who gave me a chocolate cookie. I’d throw up later, but it was definitely worth it for the chocolate.

There were two boys about the same age as the Nice Person. One was saying, “Just because I go here does NOT mean I’m going to give you a full tour!” I couldn’t decipher the exact meaning, but he sure sounded angry.

There was a Person who didn’t notice me at all He just sat near me, reading one of my Person’s sheets of paper.

These are just the ones I remember off the top of my head. I’m sure there were many more.


--------------------------------

It was getting dark by the time I realized I hadn’t seen my Person in hours. Fortunately, he came to get me soon enough. The Other Person was with him. However, she soon went to her own house.
When we got home, my Person fed me and almost immediately afterwards fell asleep. He still didn’t snore one bit.

I curled up in my bed, fervently hoping that tomorrow would just be a normal day


A/N: One of the reasons I took so long to update is a timeline issue. When I wrote this, I forgot to allow time for Fubuki’s capture I think I’m just going to say he was kidnaped while attending summer school. I can imagine him as a person who’d need the bonus credits!