Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ The only opinion that matters! ❯ Shiny Floor! ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: Geez, has it really been that long since I last updated this? I guess time flies when one is bored to death reviewing for final exams!

The Other Person is Ayukawa Emi.
Ayukawa Emi’s dub name is Fonda Fontaine.
Therefore, the Other Person is Fonda Fontaine.

Does that make sense? I really thought I was being hinty enough with my hints before!

The basketball scene in this chapter is one of the first elements of this story’s plot I thought up. I think I had it pretty much planned out before I even wrote the first chapter!

Disclaimer: One of these days I just need to spend a good hour just thinking up good disclaimer jokes. But as of now, I have pretty much run out of jokes. Therefore, suffice to say that I own absolutely nothing but this story.

MEMORIES

The days passed by, as they tend to do most of the time. I got to know some of the People who spent time in the big room with me and my Person.

There was the Person who had saved me from the evil children. Therefore, I called him the Nice Person. He was the one who had written on the walls. And he kept doing it, even though the Grass-Cutting Person kept painting over it. But since I didn’t pay any attention to walls, I liked this Person.

Then there was the Person I had sat next to the first day in the big room. He was the Quiet Person. I liked rubbing his legs.

The girl who gave me the chocolate was all the way on the other side of the room. It would definitely be under my dignity to walk all the way across the room just to see her, so I didn’t know her as well. My name for her was the Cookie Person. She had two friends I called the Annoying People, because they had irritating voices and talked too much.

There was another Person who usually sat next to the Quiet Person. He usually minded his own business and had his head on his desk. But sometimes he would snore even louder than my Person had done before. When this happened, I would meow really loudly until he woke up. This made everyone laugh. I didn’t get it. But anyway, I called this Person the Snoring Person for that reason.

Finally, there was the Computer Person. He was the one who had sat next to me and worked on his laptop that one day. The main thing about him was that he muttered to himself a lot. Of course, I didn’t know what he was saying, but I knew it wasn’t important enough to merit my attention.

Those were the ones who paid the most attention to my wonderful, perfect self. There were many, MANY more people in this room, but they weren’t important enough to give me special names.



But of course, the most important new Person was the Other Person. But I really didn’t see much of her. My Person explained to me that the Other Person was busy with her own job. Like I cared about what SHE did! Okay, maybe I cared just a tiny little bit. But not much!

One day, My Person picked me up and said that we were going to go visit the Other Person in her classroom. Of course, he didn’t call her the Other Person, but that’s really beside the point.

The scenery outside was the usual. The Grass-Cutting Person was painting over the walls for about the hundredth time. I crinkled my nose. I could smell the horrid wet-paint smell even from the rather large distance I was from it!

Then we went into a room that was even bigger than my Person’s big room. The floors were really shiny. I started chasing the lights that I could see reflected off the floor’s surface. It was so amazing how they always moved when I did! I was sure I could play this game all day and not get sick of it.

The Other Person saw that we were in the room. She said to the group of People in the room, “Okay, you get extra free time today! Judai, could you get the free-time stuff out of the equipment room?”

The Snoring Person walked through a door that was at the back of this big room.

Then the equipment was brought out, and I was in heaven. Forget the lights-there were so many games I could play with these! One game in particular caught my interest. Some People had taken a big orange ball and were bouncing it up and down just so I could chase it! Sure, they seemed annoyed when I caught it, but I was sure they were just pretending. After all, who could be annoyed with me?

Soon, however, my attention was diverted by something else. The Other Person seemed to be standing AWFULLY CLOSE to my Person. I was outraged. How dare my Person get so close to somebody who wasn’t ME?

I had to fix this problem immediately. I walked over and got between them. There! Now I was closest!

But then I was nudged aside as they got even CLOSER! I was about to go back in and fix this again when the Quiet Person suddenly ran up.

“Ayukawa-sensei!” He said in an uncharacteristically loud voice. “Come over here quickly! Manjoume dunked and he broke the backboard and there’s glass everywhere and some people got cut and...”
The Other Person cut him off with, “Well, I guess that’s what I get for leaving you guys to your own devices!” With that, she ran to the other side of the room.

Apparently, this was my Person’s cue to leave.

I spent some time mourning the lack of a shiny floor where we lived, but I soon was cheered up when I got my tuna!

A/N: That was not the complete basketball scene. I also had a bit in there about Manjoume’s favorite basketball player. It is an actual basketball player, so I decided not to put that part in this story. I may post this “cut-scene” on LJ, though.