Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ The Decisions We Make ❯ The Logic Behind My Actions ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yugi: That was some interesting chat.

Tala: I know.

Kai: *pouts* I wasn't in it.

Ryou: Maybe she'll put you in it next time.

Yami: I doubt there will be a next time.

Kai: Just great.

Ray: Speaking of which, where are the authoresses?

Malik: How am I supposed to know? They are your girlfriends after all.

Tala: Now how are we going to start the fic?

Bakura: Why doesn't someone start typing?

Ryou: Okay. Since this is my fic, I'll write it.

**************************************************

As Bakura was in the hospital, the others asked for my forgiveness as they knew it was only an accident. A couple of days went by and the former tomb robber was released from the hospital. We had set up a welcome back party and he loved the attention he was receiving, especially from a certain hikari. Once the party was over, we shared our first romantic kiss after professing our undying love. We promised never to harm one another as we slept comfortably in each other's arms. The End.

***************************************************

Bakura: Is that what you would like?

Ryou: *blush* Yeah.

Bakura: --U This was suppose to be an angsty fic.

Ryou: Um, I think I'll let Wing take over from here.

Everyone else: Good idea.

Wingzero: *enters the room* ^-^ Hi guys. *looks at the start of the update* O_O!!!! Okay, who's been writing without me?

Everyone except Ryou: *points to Ryou*

Ryou: -- Thanks a lot guys.

Wingzero: Maybe you should stick to cooking and I'll stick to writing.

Ryou: You think?

*BANG*

A loud crashed echoed throughout the entire house, followed by several Egyptian curses. I glanced over at the clock and realized it was too early in the morning to be woken up. Why was DS yelling at this time in the morning? I covered my head with my pillow but to no avail. I could hear her screaming from somewhere on the first floor, and can you guess who was sleeping on the first floor? If you guessed me, you were completely correct.

Groaning, I pulled myself away from my warm haven to find an irritated yami standing in the hallway. From the looks and energy she was putting off, she was really pissed and obviously didn't have her usual morning coffee.

"What is it this time?" I asked her, well more like mumbled.

"Tea has been hitting on my man," DS seethed with anger.

"So what else is new?" I yawned as I toddled over towards the kitchen and to the coffee machine. Since DS wasn't allowed in here, she hung out at the door.

"What do you mean by that?" She scowled, not being able to enter the room and pour herself a cup of freshly brewed coffee.

"Tea is a flirt," I answered her, measuring the exact amount of coffee to put into the machine. "She tried getting Yami to go out with her, but he flat out refused. It took awhile for the concept to sink through her thick skull. Then she went after Bakura, but he sent her to the shadow realm and we had to rescue her. Since then, she hasn't tried to hit on him. After that it was Malik, but Seto beat her to him. He warned her that if she should lay a finger on his Egyptian, she will be sent to the farthest boarding school for girls."

"Wouldn't that be expensive?" She asked.

"Not for Seto," I replied. The coffee machine started warming the water and a few drops of coffee dripped from the spout. "He doesn't mind the extra cost as long as she is away from us all. Personally, I wouldn't mind giving her to Tala."

"I wouldn't mind giving her to the high priest's Blue Eyes White Dragon," DS chuckled at the thought. "They can use her for target practice or something. I wouldn't recommend them eating her, because she'll give them indigestion."

"And cause the entire shadow realm to stink," I added as we both laughed our heads off.

"You started drinking coffee without me?" another hikari whined. She was trying to rub the sleep out of her eyes.

"You know we wouldn't do such a thing like that," DS said, trying to calm her hikari before we were in trouble.

"Oh okay," Wing entered the kitchen and headed straight for the coffee machine. She took one glance at the pot. "Omae o kuroso! Hurry up already!!!"

"Coffee takes awhile to," I started to say, but then found her sleeping on the kitchen table. How she was able to sleep in that awkward position amazed me. "Never mind."

"That's some talent she has there," DS said sarcastically.

Later that morning, we had to rush to arrive at school on time. Normally, we would walk to school, but we were unexpectedly late. It involved a rather nasty battle against the toilet and the toilet won. I don't know how it was clogged, but I suspect the working of a certain annoying dancer, because she dropped by earlier. She wanted to know whether Kai will be training here so she can get a good look at the blader.

Wing had enough of her so have the rest of us. She told her yami that she didn't have any problems if Tea took a permanent vacation to the shadow realm. With us being so late, we had to use another route, but as I was about to leave, Wing pulled up with a motorcycle. She tossed me a helmet and we were off. I never knew she knew how to drive this thing.

The others were waiting in the parking lot for us. They were about to head inside when they heard an approaching motorcycle. Malik, of course, tugged on his boyfriend's sleeve as he wanted to see the custom designed bike. Seto, being the nice one, allowed his koi to run over towards us once she had parked.

"I never knew you could ride a bike," Malik said, inspecting her ride.

"You never asked," she replied coyly. She had already removed her helmet and was taking out her backpack. I had my backpack on me as I was sitting behind her.

"Why don't you ride it to school?" I asked her, out of curiosity.

"School isn't far away," she informed me. "Plus, it saves on gas."

"Hey, that's a cute motorcycle," Tea squealed as she saw the piece of machinery.

"Motorcycles aren't cute," Wing growled at the annoying dancer. "They're cool."

"Whatever, I still think they're cute," Tea said, turning around to head into class.

"I think someone has a screw loose," Malik muttered under his breath.

"You're not kidding," I agreed with him.

The rest of us marched behind her. We didn't want to face another boring day of classes. It was bad enough we had to be in the same room as her, but we had to have worse teachers. Where did they get their teaching credential and who was the idiot that gave them it? I sighed as I watched yet another fascinating lesson.

/This is sooo boring./ I thought to myself or I thought so.

//I'd like to see you try being stuck in bed.//

/Bakura?/

//That's the name and don't wear it out.//

/..../

//What in Ra were you thinking?//

/I had enough of you and decided it was enough. I learned how to defend myself from someone who actually cares about me./

//Would it be that annoying yami and her equally annoying hikari?//

/They're not annoying./ I sent him a mental glare.

//They are to me.//

/Whatever. I'm sick of playing your games so you can have the entire house to yourself./

//What am I suppose to do with it?//

/I don't know and I don't care. I'll be living with Wing and DS until I can afford to rent an apartment of my own. Some place far away from you./

//You wouldn't?//

/Yes, I would. You know you have been a living curse ever since I received the Millennium Ring. You don't know how many times I've wished I never received this cursed item. You don't know how many times I wished that you could be more like Yami or DS. They seemed to care about their hikaris and were willing to risk their lives to save them, but no, you only care about yourself. You only look out for number one./

//........//

/Well.../

//Well what?//

/Say something./

//......... Of course I care about you. That's why I did all those things. My father taught me that by being weak you only open yourself up to attacks. He made me stronger through beatings and verbal lashing. I thought I could do the same for you.//

/That is one twisted way of showing you love someone./

//It was the only way I was raised.//

/I'm sorry./

//Don't be sorry. If anyone should be sorry, it is me. I never thought I was harming you when I beat you up. I was only trying to strengthen you.//

/Not all people are alike./

//You're telling me. That blast I felt was powerful. I never knew you had it in you.//

/I know. DS and Wing said it had something to do with my emotions. My powers were heightened when I was emotionally unstable./

//It would figure that hikaris would have a power surge when they are emotional.//

/What about yamis?/

//We rely on the shadow realm for the bulk of our power.//

/Bakura?/

//Yes, aibou?//

/Are you mad at me for sending you to the hospital?/

//Why would I be mad at you? That was one heck of an attack!//

I nearly fell over in my seat from that moment. Malik caught me before I anyone really noticed that I wasn't paying attention. I silently thanked him as I returned my gaze back to the board and started chatting with my darker half.

//You okay there?//

/Yeah./ I answered sheepishly. /You nearly gave me a heart attack with your comment. I wasn't expecting anything like that./

//You'd be surprised what I'm capable of.// Bakura gave a mental smirk over our connection. Suddenly, I felt a wave of anger. //Stupid orderlies.//

/Oh./ I took a breath of relief, because I thought he was angry at me. /Maybe you can train with me?/ I had a hopeful tone to my voice.

//After what you displayed, I would think you'd make a better partner than that pharaoh or his little brat.//

/I hope you're not referring to Yugi, because you know how upset Yami gets if you insult his hikari./ I gave him a warning look.

//I'm referring to his sister.//

/You're going to be in a world of pain if he ever found you bad mouthing his little sister./

//...... Good point./

/When can you be released from the hospital?/

//Soon I hope.//

/That's not specific enough./

//They say I could be out of here by this afternoon.//

/It's good to hear. I have to go now. Class has ended./

//You will contact me once you go to your next class?//

/So now you want to talk to me?/

//Better than being bored to death.//

/Very funny./

"So how was he?" Ray asked me as we packed up our belongings.

"How's who?"

"Your yami of course," Wing giggled me as she slapped me on the back, but not too hard.

"How did you know I was talking to my yami?" My eyes were wide.

"Your eyes were kind of glazed over," Malik answered. "It's nothing new to us."

"He's fine other than being 'bored to death,'" I quoted him on that. "I'll have to talk to you about it later when we don't have an audience." I motioned towards the other students, who were busy gathering their school supplies.

"I think that would be a good decision," Seto said. "We don't want them to think of us as psychos. Oh wait, one of us is one."

"Very funny," Malik said sarcastically.

"I was referring to the mutt," Seto corrected his lover.

"HEY!!!" Joey yelled before chasing Seto into the next room.

"Boys," I heard Wing mutter. She grabbed onto Ray's hand as he lead her out of the classroom.

Kai followed behind the couple with Tyson and Max goofing off behind them. Kenny brought up the rear with Dizzi. She complained about having to be turned off for the majority of the day, but he promised to make it up to her. Yugi and Malik were talking about their lovers. I sighed. Today was going to be a very long day.

During lunch, everyone gathered at the usual location. The atmosphere seemed brighter now that Bakura was communicating with us. In fact he was boasting that I could beat the pharaoh's hikari in a duel of magic. They thought he had flipped, but dropped it when I started to become really angry at them. Wing, Malik, and Yugi had managed to calm me down when they felt my energy rise.

"That was some interesting turn of events," Tristan whistled trying to be as innocent as possible.

"You said it," Tyson muttered with a mouthful of food.

"Shut your mouth!" Every one of us yelled at him, except for his blonde boyfriend. "Sheesh, you don't have to yell at me."

"Sometimes, it is the only way to get through to you," Kai said coldly. He was currently hanging out with Yami and Seto. They were arguing which was a better strategy.

Yugi and Malik watched to make sure no one became violent. They didn't need another person being sent to the hospital, because of an accident. I was making sure I kept my emotions in check as to not send someone to the hospital. Joey and Tyson were stuffing their faces with their food. Wing and Ray were chatting quietly amongst themselves. Every now and then, I could hear a giggle coming from their direction. Kenny was trying to finish typing up his paper, with Dizzi complaining about the long hours. She wanted us time, but he had to finish the project ahead of time. Yup, if you guessed they were a couple, you won a million dollars. Well, you may not have won a million dollars, but you get the satisfaction of being correct. Max was drooling over his boyfriend. It wasn't too hard to tell which one as he was almost on top of him.

"We're heading on a quadruple date, I believe," Tyson spoke up. "I think it is a quadruple date. Let's see, Ray is bringing Wing, I'm going with Max, Kenny is going with Dizzi, and we need to set Ryou up with a date."

"You don't have to," I said, blushing at the thought.

"Aw come on," Max said, giving him the trademark puppy dog eyes. Everyone backed off from those blue eyes of his. Man, he could give Yugi a run for his money when it came to those eyes.

"Fine, but I get a saying in who I'm taking," I consented.

"Alright!" Both Max and Tyson shouted as they high fived each other.

"So now what?" Joey asked once he finished stuffing his face.

"I don't know," was everyone's reply.

"Anyways, class is about to start," Tea said as she tried to flirt with Kai. She inched closer to him until she felt the glare of three crimson eyed people. Yup, you can guess who those three people were. If you guessed Yami, DS, and Kai, you were completely correct. The three were glaring at her so hard, you would have thought she was dead by now.

"I suggest you get away from MY boyfriend, you slut!" DS growled at the dancer.

"I'm not a slut," Tea huffed indignantly. "I haven't slept anyone."

"I'm not referring to that," DS said very coldly. "You'll flirt with any guy, regardless if he has a girlfriend or not. You make women look bad."

"I don't even think she's human," Wing said sarcastically.

"Hey, I was thinking the same thing too," Joey agreed with her. "Do you think she's an alien from outer space?"

"There is no such thing as extraterrestrial beings," Kenny scoffed.

"Hey, what about bit beasts and duel monsters?" Joey countered.

"Never mind," Kenny said, returning back to his laptop.

"You know it isn't nice to talk about people when they're around," Tea scowled. She looked like she was going to explode any second now.

"That's the purpose," Malik informed her.

"What?" Tea asked, completely confused.

"The purpose is for you to get angry and leave us alone," Seto filled the clueless dancer in. "So why don't you be a good girl for once and scram!"

"I don't have to take this, I'm going back to class," Tea said harshly. She spun on her heels to head back to the classroom, when she tripped over something or should I say someone.

Yugi had his innocent eyes that said 'Did I do that?'

Tea had the audacity to raise her hand to strike Yugi. Before she could even land the slap, two yamis, three pissed off hikaris, and one former high priest hit her with a powerful magic attack that sent her flying into the school's swimming pool.

"No body raises a hand against my aibou," Yami growled as he grabbed Yugi possessively.

From my link with Bakura, I could hear him howling with laughter. /You saw that?/

//Yeah that was a good one. Tell Yugi, I give him two thumbs up. I never knew the little guy had it in him.//

"Bakura wants to tell you he gives you two thumbs up," I relayed the information to Yugi.

"I would have never thought Bakura the type of person to be complementing someone," Yami shrugged off. "We'll have the meeting at the Turtle Game Shop."

"I'd say my mansion would be better," Seto offered. He received several blank stares from all of us. "It has a large enough capacity to hold all of us."

Later that afternoon, we had met at Seto's mansion. Wing had driven her bike towards our rendezvous. She didn't want to leave her bike here with that whacked out annoying dancer, who kept saying it was cute. Seto had volunteered to have his chauffer drive us to his mansion. I had agreed to going with him so that I wouldn't be a burden to Wing. Ray had gone with her on her bike as he wanted to spend more time with her. Tristan also went on his bike. He didn't want to leave it behind with Tea lurking around.

When we had arrived at the mansion, Seto had the waiters serve us snacks as we waited for the last people to arrive. I wonder what could have kept them. They were on motorcycle and should have been here by now. We waited for about a half an hour before they finally arrived. When they made their entrance, we were completely shocked who they had brought with them. In all of our excitement we completely forgot about my yami. He was dressed a new pair of clothes, probably loaned from Seto, Joey, or Tristan as our clothes were too small for him. Yami and DS came out of their soul rooms to join us when the four had arrived.

"What are you staring at?" Bakura demanded to know.

"Nothing," Joey said hastily, trying to cover his mistake. "We thought you wouldn't be out of the hospital this early."

"I would have sent a limo to get you," Seto shrugged. "But since you're already here, I don't need to."

"Okay now what?" Tristan asked the question that was on everyone's mind.

"How about we explain everything from the beginning?" Wing suggested. She sat on Ray's lap even though there were enough chairs for everyone to sit on.

Bakura started with how he was beating me in order to make me stronger. He explained that since it worked well on him, he figured that it will work well on me. His father beat him up almost every day, because he didn't want a weak son. I took over from there. After being beaten up for so long, I had enough of it and decided to do something about it so I had enlisted the aid of my friends. They were willing to help me and keep it a secret when I had asked them to. From there, I had improved in strength and you know what happened after that.

"I never knew," Yami gasped. His crimson eyes narrowed at Bakura but then they softened. "I know you were only trying to help him, but there are others ways than beating him."

"What do you propose then?" Bakura inquired.

"You could have trained your hikari like I did," DS replied. She had a smug smile on. "Look how she turned out to be."

"How was I supposed to know?" Bakura scowled. "It was the only way I have been raised."

"How sad," Yugi commented.

"I knew you were hiding something," Malik spoke up. "At first, I couldn't figure it out, but now all the pieces are fitting together."

"I guess," Bakura shrugged. "I know you aren't going to be welcoming me with open arms or anything. Do not give me one of those welcome back parties."

"Why not?" I asked him.

"I don't want everyone to make a fuss over me returning," Bakura answered.

"That reminds me, we still have to find you a date," Kenny spoke to me. "Tomorrow, we'll be having that quadruple date."

I noticed Bakura glare at the Bladebreaker's technician. What would he have against Kenny? It wasn't like he insulted the former tomb robber. He only reminded them that I don't have a date and they were going to find me one.

"You wouldn't mind if we come?" Yugi asked politely. His eyes became wide as he used the infamous puppy dog eyes on Yami.

The former pharaoh immediately looked away, not wanting to cave in. Fortunately, his hikari knew what he was going to do and was prepared to take action. When Yami had moved his head to a different direction, Yugi popped up there, giving Yami the full blast. "All right, all right. Just stop giving me that look."

"I'm sure Mai would want to come along," Joey said. "She keeps asking me when our next date is going to be."

"Not a problem," Ray said for us.

"What about us?" Malik said, tugging on Seto's sleeve. He grunted a response and the Egyptian beamed with joy.

"Since it's a group outing, I'm sure Serenity wouldn't mind coming with us," Tristan said nervously as he kept his eye on her older brother. When he saw the fire in Joey's eyes, he knew he had to run before the blonde strangled him. Fortunately, the yamis and Malik had pinned down Joey. Yes, even Bakura helped. He wanted Joey to become furious at Tristan.

"Joey, she's growing up," Ray spoke. "One of these days, she will be a woman and when that day comes, you'll have to let go of her and let her make her own decisions."

Joey knew he was right. "I guess so, but it's hard to think she's becoming a young lady. I still think of her as my baby sister."

"I know what you mean," Yami said sympathetically. "I'm having a hard time dealing with the fact that my little sister is growing up, but that doesn't mean I'll stop loving or protecting her."

"How thoughtful of you," DS said sarcastically.

"So who are you going to go with?" Tyson asked bouncing on the seat. It was amazing that he wasn't interrupting the speaker.

"I haven't decided yet," I contemplated who I could go out with.

"There's this girl I know from back home," Ray offered. "Her name is Mariah and she's with the White Tigers. They're the Chinese beyblading team."

"Why would he want to go out with that pink furball?" Tyson asked rather rudely.

"I don't know," Ray shrugged. "It was only a thought."

"Emily?" Max suggested.

"Too annoying," Kai said.

"I agreed," Kenny backed up their team captain.

"Me too," Wing said agreeing with the rest of them.

"Okay, those two are out of the question," I said. I noticed my yami more pissed off than ever. We were only talking about girls. What was his problem?

"Let's see who else do we know," Ray said thoughtfully.

"What about our next door neighbor?" Wing suggested. "She's a couple years younger than us. I've known her for awhile and I think she would be a perfect match for Ryou."

"What's her name?" I inquired as I became very interested.

"Her name is Hitomi," Wing answered. "She's the one with the long blonde hair and green eyes. You've seen her several times when you came over for training."

"Oh," I said. "I never knew she was your neighbor."

"I have her phone number," Wing said pulling out her cell phone. "You can call her later this afternoon if you would like to." She started pressing buttons.

"What's the matter Bakura?" I asked my obviously pissed off yami.

"Nothing is wrong," Bakura snorted. He went back to glaring at Wing, who was currently looking for a phone number.

"What do you have against my hikari?" DS growled at the angry yami.

"Nothing," Bakura scowled. He turned to look out the window.

"Bakura, why don't you ask him?" Malik suggested.

"Ask who?" Joey, Tristan, Max, and Tyson asked simultaneously.

"Ryou," Malik responded casually. When we gave him blank stares, he explained. "I've been watching Bakura this entire time. Whenever you mention about Ryou getting a date, he becomes very angry quickly. I know you must like your hikari, but you are afraid to tell him, because of the horrible things you've done for him, despite your motivation to do so."

"Whatever," Bakura said, not turning towards us.

"Is it true?" I asked. I had stood up and walked towards where he was sitting. I sat down very close to him and he started fidgeting in his seat.

"So what if it is?" Bakura said as if he was defeated. "It's not that you like me anyways, so why don't we just drop it."

"No," I whispered.

"Why?"

"Because," I started to say, but I couldn't find the right words. I leaned forward to give him a small peck on the cheek.

Those cheeks of his turned bright red as he blushed in front of the others. They wisely decided to remain quiet as Bakura was still volatile.

"I like you," I leaned towards him. "I have ever since I first laid eyes on you."

Needless to say, Bakura was speechless. Suddenly, I felt a strong arm snake around my waist and pull me towards him. He nuzzled my hair, not caring if the others were watching. After all, everyone present had a significant other. I smiled a genuine smile for the first time ever since I had received the Millennium Ring. Closing my eyes, I leaned into the embrace.

Wingzero: Well, there was a little fluff.

Bakura: I want more fluff.

Wingzero: I would never thought of you being the type, but next chappie will be the fluffiest out of this series and the last chapter as well.

Ryou: Yay, fluff. I've been waiting a LONG time for it. Too bad, it's only one chapter.

Bakura: I know and it's the last one.

Malik: Are you going to write one with me as the main char?

Wingzero: Um not yet.

Malik: Why?

Wingzero: Because I wanted to start a Yu Yu Hakusho fic starring Kurama!

Kurama: O_o What did ever do to deserve this?

Wingzero: You're a cutie, you know that?

Kurama: Okay.....

Wingzero: But not as cute as my Ray-chan.

Ray: ^-^

Hiei: Who are you going to pair him up with?

Wingzero: I was thinking Yusuke.

Yusuke: Mine! *huggles Kurama*

Kurama: *sweat drops*

Wingzero: I'll pair Kuwabara with Yukina and I don't know about Hiei.

Hiei: You're going to pair my little sister with that big ape?

Kuwabara: Hey!!!! *starts chasing Hiei with Wing's frying pan of death*

Wingzero: I was wondering where that went.

DS: -___________-;;;;

Wingzero: Oh crap! I'd better hide the knives! *runs off to the kitchen*

Ray: *ends the fic as the authoress isn't there to do it*