Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Hunters and the hunted ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sakura's POV

I motioned for the five of us to split up and take different routes. The vamp gang also split up leaving 15 of them following us.

Syaoran: Why are we running. Just let get out and freaking kill the basterds!

I heard him growl impatiently. I knew he was impatient and frustrated but he had to understand.

Syaoran's POV

Sakura: We have to lead them away.

Syaoran: Away from what?

Sakura: People

Syaoran: Why?

Sakura: because….

Syaoran: Because what? I asked in exasperation. This was getting annoying why won't she give ma a straight answer? For the first time we got in this car she turned to face me. We stared at each other eye in eye. I felt as if I could get lost in those eyes those amazing emerald eyes.

Sakura: Because people are ignorant. They live their lives day in and day out without the knowledge that there are merciless creatures of the night almost like the devil himself roaming the streets looking for their next victim. Some of these vile things are so heartless they just kill for fun. They complete their day by hearing the pitiful scream of those who are tortured. If people ever they find out the truth like some have they can't handle it. They will be traumatized for life and possibly lose there sanity.

Syaoran: Yes but…

Sakura: But what? There aren't any buts

Syaoran: But what if they aren't all bad? Please just hear me out for one second….

I was desperate for her to listen that they weren't all bad. Not all of them are merciless creatures. Some were once people turned against their will. Ones that are suffering just as we are some that turn into vampire hunters. Some like myself.

Sakura: No! Vampires are the bringer of nightmares, the keeper of souls. They are the foul creatures, which prowl the ally tops at night pouncing on unsuspecting victims. Then ruthlessly slaughter them just for the pleasure of it. And you want me to stop! Well then I believe you can go to hell.

I just sat there gaping as she turned her attention back to the road. Her eyes were glazed over showing signs of anger and revenge. Even a bit of fear. But most of all hatred. Every vibe in her body was giving of the most intense hatred that I have ever felt. It was so concentrated I could taste it in the air. I shuddered at the thought of what could have caused so much hatred. I Knew I had to find out but not now. Later much later.

Sakura: I'm sorry about snapping at you before. Let's just say that the vampires and I have a history O.K.?

She flashed me a smile and her voice sounded livelier than it did before. I knew she didn't want to talk about it so I changed the subject.

Syaoran: How much further do we have to go?

Sakura: Now should be good. Get ready to fight, just give me a sec too….

She never got to finish that sentence because at that moment BANG! 10 fireballs hit them and the car flipped, roll and down the road. Until they came to abrupt stop when the car hit the brick wall with a sickening thud.

Syaoran: Sakura! Sakura!

I called out desperate for an answer. I was replied with a faint groan from my right.

Syaoran: Thank god your O.K.! Come on Sakura we have to get out of here before they come.

I half dragged half-carried Sakura and myself out of the car and leaned against the brick wall that was the cause of our sudden stopping.

Syaoran: Are you…Puff… al…..Puff….. right??

I managed to get out. She replied with a nod. I could see her head had a big gash and blood was oozing down her face. Her pants were ripped and there were some nasty scratches on her arms and legs.

???: Sakura Kinomoto we meet again I see.

The voice sounded like death himself so cold yet piercing. I looked up for the owner of the voice and met two cold stone eyes of a vampire leader.