Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ King Me ❯ A Prolong Dream ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yoku: My first attempt at writing an AU cross-over fic with Yu-Gi-Oh as the main theme. Please be gentle with me. Read and review when you get the chance of finishing it. I really want to know if the story sounds alright.
 
Disclaimer: the series and games added in this fanfic belong to their respectable owners, mainly in this chapter Yu-Gi-Oh is not owned by me nor does Final Fantasy… I could never have the chance nor will of making this all up. If you don't believe me then you're more than happy to research on these shows and game consoles, but I do own some of the OCs that are being played…
 
Notes:
Italics = Japanese talking, flashbacks, and dreams
Bold = talking and sound effects
Bold and Italics = places
 
Honorifics (ones that used in the story, for now):
-chan: used to express endearment, mostly towards girls. It is also used for little boys, pets, and even among lovers. It gives a sense of childish cuteness.
-sama: this is one level higher than “-san.” It is used to confer great respect
 
King Me
 
Summary: [AU X-over] A dream becoming true. The faith in one-self dimmed. The future became corrupted, her life began to change.
 
- -
 
Chapter 1: A Prolong Dream
 
Darkness, the whispering seed of one's forgotten light.
 
A dream igniting the flame.
 
The faith in one-self dimmed.
 
All thoughts began to cease, a vision began to blur.
 
Nightfall the only connection fell.
 
With the dark clouds flooding the atmosphere hoards of daemons stepped forth. Blood dripped down their mouths, their fangs held bodies of dead corpse. Their claws dug deep within the Planet, a growl and snarl blew forth.
 
A lone girl stood upon a cliff watching the war, she moved her gaze towards the remaining soldiers. Sympathy held within her blue orbs. She saw them move their mouths as they yelled. She began to wonder if they can see her. Crossing to them slowly she had stopped when two daemons approached her. Fear threw at her, frozen. It lunged, she screamed but no sound came out. Her eyes held at the gruesome face of the creatures until it stopped dead; her line of vision blocked the corpse, with it a fabric fragment replaced her vision. The blue-eyed girl slowly moved her gaze.
 
A man, the thought came at her. His left arm hid behind his dark blue cloak his other stood out, a katana in hand, blood dripping down his sword. With a quick swipe the blood disappeared as he looked over his shoulder. He moved his mouth but she heard no sound. The wildness of his blue eyes danced narrowing them in place.
 
That's when it happen a sword sliced his right shoulder, the katana he held dropped. A `clang' echoed as though she was in a single room. Wide-eyed the man staggered the sword still attached in his flesh, he half turned. She saw his profile and one word slipped from him before her own vision died down.
 
“…you…”
 
A jolt, the girl flew from her bed the covers slid off her in the process; blowing out a small gasp while it passes through her parted lips. A tick of a clock came to her senses. Resting a cooling palm on her forehead she fell back with her eye lids slowing rolled shut.
 
Beep beep be—
 
She slammed the snooze button on her alarm clock a frustrated voice broke in her. Throwing her sheets completely off, she landed on two feet and sprang up walking towards her closet getting ready for the day.
 
“Anzu! You better hurry it up or you'll be late for school!” a call came from somewhere in the kitchen.
 
The female sighed after walking out heading straight out the door and into the bathroom. “Alright!” she called out slamming the bathroom door.
 
 
Mazaki Anzu trotted into the kitchen her pink and blue uniform dressed her figure. Blue eyes perked with morning shine her shoulder length hair brushed and swayed.
 
“Morning,” she smiled heading towards her father giving him a quick peck on the cheek.
 
The man smiled from behind his newspaper. “Morning Anzu…” His grey blue eyes shined with affection the black tips of his hair pulled to the side.
 
She continued to smile and headed towards her mother who was cooking from behind the heated stove. Her long brown hair rested on her right shoulder an apron slung around her neck.
 
“Morning mom.”
 
Her mother turned and greeted her while turning off the stove. “Morning Anzu-chan. Do you want any breakfast before you leave?”
 
Anzu shook her head. Shoulder length brown hair had fanned out as she did so.
 
“No thanks,” she grabbed a piece of bread and chewed on it. “I'll be going now,” she said between bites.
 
“Wait a minute Anzu,” her mother commanded her as her father laid down the paper.
 
Their daughter blinked with confusion etching her features. “What's up?” she questioned pulling out her book bag.
 
Her parents looked at one another a smile gracing the older woman's lips. “Anzu you know how it'll be your eighteenth birthday pretty soon…”
 
“Yeah,” she blinked walking up to them.
 
“Well we decided,” she motioned towards her father, “to give you your present a little early.”
 
“Wha…” Anzu watched her mother pull out a string from her apron pocket and showed it to her.
 
“It's my mother's,” the older woman replied, “and we want you to have it…” she grabbed hold of her daughter's hands and placed the item in her grasp.
 
Anzu awed at it. A single crystal pendent twirled around the silver chain. Its golden light flashes bits of color, reflecting off the kitchen window. It had a small cat's eye decorated in the center of the pendent. The top laced with small diamonds the tip pointing down.
 
“T-this… it's too much,” she managed to shake her eyes away.
 
Her mother smiled. “It's never too much for our darling daughter,” she leaned holding her against her chest. “Besides, it's tradition,” she pulled back at arm's length.
 
“Speaking of traditions,” her father pushed himself up crossing to the girl's, “there is another gift we wanted to give you.”
 
“Dad, this is—” he silenced her by placing a finger to her lips.
 
“Now, now… as I was saying—uh,” he blinked turning to his wife, “what was I saying again dear?” he playfully asked.
 
The girls laughed. “You were saying how there was another gift in mind.”
 
“Ah yes,” he nodded to himself his eyes filled with playfulness. “I'm sure you're thinking that your mother and I are giving you way too much of a gift but that also applies to the responsibility you now have. Well more responsibility,” he added with a smile. “You'll be eighteen pretty soon and you're not a little girl anymore,” he reached in to his coat pocket and pulled out a silver watch, “this was my father's it has been passed down to father to son from generations to generations, but,” he paused looking down at Anzu who was resting her head on her mother's shoulder. “As you can see we have no boys in this small home of ours minus myself since I am a man,” he stated causing the two women to laugh, “Anzu here…” he dangled the watch in to her open hands. “Happy early Birthday sweetie…” he kissed her on the top of her brown hair and pulled back.
 
Anzu smiled feeling too much pleased by her parents' actions. “Mom Dad… thanks…” she hugged them both.
 
Her parents both shared a warm smile until the time clock caught their eyes.
 
“Oh Anzu,” her mother broke away, “you better get going or you'll be late for school.”
 
Anzu quickly jumped letting a small curse from under her breath. “Uh, bye mom, dad!” she slipped the watch into her uniform pocket, hanged the pendent around her neck while taking hold of her book bag running out the door.
 
Her mother shook her head resting a hand on her cheek. “That girl…”
 
The man beside her chuckled and kissed her on the temple while holding his wife from behind.
 
- -
 
Sei - The World Beyond
 
Darkness enclosed the whole arena. The scent of blood flowed through each in every sense. Chills ran down spines, the foul of daemon corpses lay still with it the death of each and every honorable warrior. From the far end of the field a camp lay dormant. Guards walked about the front, back, and side fences guarding each and one them with close eyes. The shuffling of the armor clashed as they walked. Their weapons pulled in front of them warning bells rang in their minds.
 
From the center of the camp lay a much larger tent. The tent belongs only to the Commander in charge. His name was never spoken only to those who were close; some ignores the rules and calls him by name.
 
Barrels were stacked all around; weapons were pulled in close range. The wounded lay in their beds overcome by sleep, the blood and pounding in their veins continued to beat. Bandages were soon covered; the sleeping soldiers lay in their cots.
 
Daemons, the master mind of the human world lay awake. Those wait for the moment to strike some hid in their corners waiting for the bright of dawn to awaken. Their scaly forms reeks of blood, open wounds were never treated. Their black eyes glowed from the dark of day. Nails so long they mark the very Planet. Fangs poke out of their large form awaiting hunger to near.
 
A slice pieced through another daemon as it approached the camp; mostly those of the young wanting to fill its hunger. A young man spiked up hair fluttered in the cold wind drew back his sword wiping the daemon's blood off with a clean flick of his wrist.
 
His red cape flew in proportion of the wind, blonde bangs swaying to the side. He turned to his group with concern in his eyes.
 
“Everyone's alright?” His allies nodded their heads. `That's good…' he thought. “Alright, let's head back to camp,” he sheathed his sword on to his hip and journeyed onward.
 
“Yami!” a voice commanded him.
 
Yami weaved past his group meeting up with his usual friend. A young man with blonde hair and tainted color armor stood before him.
 
“Jounouchi…” his name was addressed walking up to him with a hand on the tip of his sword. “Is something the matter…?”
 
Jounouchi, the lower mark of a soldier lowered his gaze. “Something like that… It's the Commander…”
 
His heart skipped a beat. “What about?”
 
“He was wounded…”
 
Yami's amethyst eyes stood in shock. `That can't be…' he brushed past him. “Where is he located Jounouchi?”
 
The blonde warrior fell in to step with him. “In the center of camp… Shizuka is currently with him…”
 
Shizuka, the younger sister of Jounouchi Katsuya had stayed along with him. She had promised her older brother that she would stay out of the battles and help cure the wounded with her magic. She then had developed a major crush on the Commander after her stay within the war.
 
The two men encountered the tent and stepped inside. There in a single cot sat the Commander, his shoulder bandaged and the depths of his eyes held in contact with the dirt floor.
 
“Commander,” Yami walked up to him.
 
Blue eyes shined as he perked his chin up. The younger woman stared down at her lap. The dress she wore as cut clean, long auburn colored hair stationed her features.
 
The Commander ignored his address as he stood up wobbling in the process. Shizuka caught his action rising as well.
 
“Commander please lay back down,” she pleaded placing a hand on his arm.
 
The man pushed her away walking towards his accessories. Jounouchi had caught his sister in time glaring holes at the rude man. He needn't open his mouth or he'd be tasting the tip of the Commander's sword plunging at him.
 
“Give me the status of the battle Katsuya…” he soon replied clasping on his uniform covering his once bare chest.
 
The color blue rode along his shoulders as he slipped his arms into sleeves. Fixing his collar he clipped his cloak around him.
 
“So far… the daemons that we let loose have been pushed back, most have been killed at our hands…” he answered as he straightens on all twos.
 
“What of the men?”
 
“Many have died sir…” a soft gasp as heard from the single woman.
 
The Commander cursed under his breath. Fully adjusted he faced them; cold blue eyes voiced his emotions his brown bangs slightly clipped above his eyes.
 
“I want everything to be packed! Battle or no battle we're going to end this!” he waltzed past them flinging the curtains out of his path.
 
“Wait a minute!” Yami suddenly spoke. “How the hell, are we going to do that?!”
 
The Commander distanced himself them. Many of the wounded and some not so, had stopped their pace.
 
“There are others Yami,” he half-turned, “you do the math…” he added rather coldly.
 
They silently watched him take off. Jounouchi had shouted something towards the people while Yami stared off in to the distance. He clenched a fist and ran to where the Commander had taken off; wanting to get something off his chest.
 
Spotting him he shouted. “What happen back there?”
 
The tail of the man's blue cloak flew. For a mere second he pondered at the statement, wondering what he had meant.
 
“Nothing,” he soon answered not wanting to turn and face him. The wound he had received entered his mind.
 
Yami growled out of annoyance. “Do not protest. I know you… we've been friends ever since I could remember. Now answer me…” he tilted his chin. “What happen back there?”
 
There was silence amongst the two. The tall man turned walking away from him.
 
“Se—”
 
“Nothing, so just leave it at that…” he quickly stated.
 
Yami sighed watching as he disappeared around a corner. He waited then too turned but ceased doing so. A hooded clocked stranger stood a few steps away; the man felt for his sword.
 
The dark clouds are calling…
 
The warrior ignored the stranger's call. He unsheathed his sword and took aim holding his posture.
 
“State your name?!” the persona once again ignored his cry.
 
The one who lives lies of course…
 
`What…?'
 
There was silence between the two. Time seemed to have stopped. No sounds were kept clean all was mutely silent.
 
The one will come…
The one will conquer…
The one will die for the purest blood…
 
“What are you saying? Cease talking in riddles!” Yami commanded.
 
The stranger laughed the black hood still covered its countenance.
 
Do not be afraid… or the darkness will bind you… for the person you seek for is just around the corner…
 
A burst of wind blew hazardously while Yami covered himself, the sword still gripped in his hand. Eyes clenched tight, he waited for the wind to die down.
 
“Ugh…” he cracked an eye open.
 
A sudden stillness took form causing him to lower his arms down. His eyes lay before the empty space; he was shocked to say the least at the whole outcome. The person was out of clear view so was the camp that he was in.
 
“Yami, there you are,” Jounouchi's voice reached his ears.
 
“Jounouchi,” Yami turned his gaze towards his friend. “What's going on?” he fully faced him.
 
Katsuya blinked in confusion, perched on his dark-haired horse. “Why it's time to leave,” he gestured to the empty camp.
 
Yami stood shocked for a mere second. He then twirled about observing the deserted camp. The fires were put out; tents were pulled into cargo as did the barrels. Soldiers climbed on to their horses while some walked with weapons in hand. Everything seemed to flash at him, when he and stranger spoke it was only a few seconds and yet when he looked at the camp it looked like hours.
 
“What's the hold up?” the previous Commander hiked up his blue eyes held with impatience. No one responded as he rolled his eyes and handed Yami the reigns to another horse. “Come on… the sooner we head in to the next town the better,” he strolled off aided by his white mane horse.
 
Yami watched him leave then heaved his weight allowing being perched on his horse, ignoring the silent steps.
 
“How could this have happen, in a moment's time no less?” he mumbled, “and just what did the being mean…?”
 
“Yami!”
 
The man perked his attention away sighing in the process. He gave once last look at the camp and made way commanding his horse to walk off with the herd.
 
“Strange…”
 
- -
 
“Strange,” Anzu eyed the watch held in her open hand.
 
The pendent gleamed off its hinges the silver plate cast a small reflection.
 
“What's wrong?” a girl, who currently sat next to her, turned her attention towards her friend.
 
Anzu shift to her, “Huh? Oh it's just I can't seem to open this.” She gestured to her pocket watch.
 
The girl grinned, “Let me take a whack at it.”
 
“Kin,” her friend warned.
 
Kin held her hands up in defense, “Kidding, but no really I think I could open it up for you.”
 
Anzu silently eyed her. The two girls sat side by side together in the classroom chairs. Her friend Ozuka Kin shared a lunch with two other girls who were currently settled on the opposite side of the two. Kin's appearance altered with the same colored eyes as Anzu's. Her long brown hair was positioned to the left side of her, a blue ribbon danced in her long strand.
 
“Alright, but be careful with it,” she handed her the watch.
 
Kin smiled. “Don't worry… Careful is my middle name.”
 
“No it's not,” another female friend of theirs spoke aloud, lightly laughing.
 
Kin shot her a look, “Shush Lona.”
 
First name talked aloud, the girl appeared with a wide smile on her face. Short blonde hair ruffled towards the side of her while she laughed resuming her half eaten lunch. Kin gazed her eyes at the watch her forefinger tracing the smooth outline of the silver plate.
 
“This is really nice,” she mumbled her blue eyes seemed mesmerized. “Where'd ya get it?”
 
Anzu smiled remembering the morning's scene. “My dad gave it to me for an early birthday present…” she pauses, “um, Kin does your family have…” she racked her mind for the correct term.
 
“Have what?”
 
“You know family traditions…?”
 
Kin scratched the side of her chin. “Uh,” she gave her a confused look. “Well… yeah we do… I'm sure everyone does…” She looked at in the eyes. “Why do you ask?”
 
“No reason… it's just…” Anzu looked away collecting her thoughts.
 
Yui, another girl looked at her from the corner of her eyes. Her long black braids laid upon her shoulders, amethyst eyes glowed with a neutral look.
 
“Does that watch and pendent worth something?”
 
“Huh…?” all three girls turned their attention towards their monotone friend.
 
Yui closed her eyes for a tad second. “What I mean is…” purple eyes cast a glow staring her friends' faces. “Is it worth something of value towards your family…?”
 
Anzu blinked her words crossing to her. The pendent glinted from the classroom's lit window, an open breeze flew threw towards them. Countless conversation seemed hush to them.
 
“I'm not really sure…” she fingered the stone around her neck, looking away towards the watch in Kin's hand. “I mean… my parents talked to me about it sometime ago but that was ages…”
 
`Hm…' Yui took accounted for looked away from the necklace. “The light…”
 
“Huh…”
 
Purple eyes drifted else where in the room. “Never forget your light Anzu… we'll always be there with you…” she stated rather randomly.
 
“O-okay…” Anzu seemed to stutter not really sure how to respond.
 
“Don't mind Yui,” Lona slung an arm over her. “She likes to hand people riddles.”
 
“Lona!” Kin argued, “That's not really nice to say.”
 
Lona raised her hands. “I was just kidding…”
 
Yui gave her friend a small smile as did Anzu and lunch continued as planned, the watch placed back in Anzu's pocket. The conversation drifted heading into a new round of small talk.
 
 
A bell rang forth ending the day's lecture. Thousands of voices went by as students of Domino High were let out. It was mid-evening with the evening sun drifting down the horizon. Waves of red and orange lifted the atmosphere above the Earth. The city's street lights blinked on while the students exited out of the courtyard. Laughter rang from across the street. Passing building and brick color walls the view as pictured.
 
“Ha, ha, oh man…” a girl laughed while slinging her book bag as she twirled. “The way they pants him was so hilarious,” Lona cried pointing at a young man striding next to Kin.
 
The male growled. “Shut the hell up!” he urged, “I just want to get home and forget about this awful day.”
 
The group laughed.
 
“Aww…” his male friends mocked, “does Tai feel embarrassed about showing his bottom to everyone at school?”
 
The girls shouted looking red.
 
“Ah! Images!” Kin buried her eyes.
 
Lona laughed, “It burns!”
 
They continued to laugh again.
 
“But you know,” Anzu's eyes glinted with mischief placing a finger on her chin, “you do have one nice ass.” She smirked earning another round of laughter from her group of friends.
 
Tai blushed at her sudden statement while his other two male friends made it more difficult from him to turn away.
 
Features turned bright red he buried his face in his hands, the book bag strapped on his wrist. Tai was a tall boy with black hair. The side of was trimmed leaving it spiked, his bangs swayed to the left side of his face. The other two boys strolled along with them. Matsunaga, a smart boy with emerald eyes, walked along the concrete path. His blonde hair was spiked up then waved to the right of him; bangs covered the tips of his eyes. The other boy grinned with amusement. Brown hair was also trimmed and cut short with his hair also spiked like the rest of his male friends. Some of his bangs covered half of his eyes leaving his hazel eyes to dance before his countenance.
 
“Kamui,” Anzu resisted the urge to laugh, “leave him alone.”
 
Kamui the boy with brown withdrew from him chuckling while doing so.
 
“Finally!” Tai blew out. “Thank you,” he looked at Anzu with appreciation.
 
Anzu smiled while they continued to walk and talk. The group of friends passed by several stories, several brick walls, and cross walk until they reached their destination.
 
“Welp and this where we part ways,” Lona exclaimed dramatically.
 
“Aw don't worry,” Matsunaga, also known as Matt, spoke up. “There is always tomorrow,” he earned himself a smile.
 
“Ah yes, tomorrow…” Yui spoke in her monotone voice.
 
“Mah!” Lona resisted the urge to throw a punch. “Saturday! Yes! Thank Kami-sama it's finally here!” she shouted.
 
Kin smiled at her enthusiasm placing her hands on her hips. “If only you could for once act like when it's time for school,” she lightly laughed.
 
Lona gave a small cry. “No way!” she shook her head vigorously with hands clenched in front of her. “School is so boring!” she stressed the last syllable with hate.
 
“Whatever you say Lona…”
 
“It's the truth!”
 
The two argued. Anzu cleared her throat balling a fist in a gesture type way. She quickly earned her friends attention.
 
“As much as I hate to ruin this pathetic fight,” both girls rubbed the back of their heads sheepishly, “I'm just gonna go and say bye to you all of you now…”
 
“Aw, you're leaving?” Lona's voice spoke.
 
“Well duh,” she gave her `duh' look.
 
Lona blew a raspberry at her. “Fine, I'm gonna miss my shows anyways…”
 
Kin waved first after inching her way away from them. “Bye you guys,” she walked off in a different direction.
 
Kamui too spoke up, waving both his hands in the air his book bag limping. “Yeah bye!” he took off running grabbing hold of Kin's bag.
 
“Hey!”
 
Everyone watched her run off after him the two other boys soon followed after a farewell warning.
 
“You could so tell he likes her,” Lona replied with a side-glance.
 
“No I don't!!” came a quick reply from the boy.
 
The ladies laughed bidding farewell. Yui had silently stayed behind watching Anzu from the corner of her eye. She took a step forward her dark jacket fluttered in the evening wind.
 
“Anzu…”
 
“Uh… yeah?” she lowered her arm down after waving bye.
 
She fully faced her. “Don't forget what I said… Alright…?”
 
Completely bewildered at her statement she agreed nevertheless. “Alright…”
 
Yui offered her one last smile before drifting away from her. Her form soon disappeared around the corner. Anzu endured before shifting her weight. Alone on the walk she stretched her arms over her head passing many corners of the neighborhood memorizing her street. The sun had slowly sunk behind the clouds as did the houses she continued to pass. Her crystal pendant jingled along her neck, the colors radiation off her. Cream colored hand reached inside her blazer pocket where her other gift lay. Lightly taking it out, she peered at the plate rather closely.
 
“Is it worth something of value towards your family…?”
 
The question came at her. Anzu shook her head after stopping her casual stroll. The street light above her flashed on.
 
“Oh course it is…” she mumbled. Pressing her fingers near the folds of the plate she struggled to pry it open. “Oh come on…” she fumbled a soft `tick' sounded. “It's not one of those locked lockets… So why-can't-I-open-it,” the watch slipped Anzu had quickly went to retrieve it before it fell.
 
She sighed in relief after slouching from her posture. The girl gave up rather quickly the dark clouds above sudden appeared. A dark perfume reached her senses. Anzu altered her gaze from the floor to sky.
 
`Smoke,' she thought her eyes focused on the huge dark grey cloud.
 
Something rang inside her. At first she took a couple of steps forward until she broke out in to a run. Turning a corner where her house she lay, she gave a loud cry.
 
Her home, her small family home was burning. Red flames engulfed the small area. Wicked crackles spit and broke. Her neighborhood stood silent as though a fire wasn't taking place.
 
With no thoughts in mind Anzu ran her grip on the watch fell on to the ground.
 
“Mom! Dad!” she nearly broke down.
 
A cloak figure blocked her path unexpectedly. Anzu tripped and fell a sweet melody played behind, wide-eyed.
 
Flames burn child…
 
Anzu sat still, frozen in place. Fear had picked itself. A bubble formed in the back of her throat.
 
The dark clouds will slowly burn you…
 
`What?' Anzu feared, not understanding a word he or she is saying.
 
The hooded figure raised a finger. The flames behind the form continued to burn the melody carried through.
 
It seeks the light…
The purest blood can only be helped…
Will you help it?
 
Anzu didn't know what to say. A final `tick' imploded from behind, the area around her became still. The flames stood, the rot of death blocked her senses. Blue eyes drifted, the crystal pendent gave its last glow.
 
She had nodded absent-minded; the cloaked stranger knew her answer.
 
Don't be afraid, the light is always there to guide you…
 
A blinding light flashed all around her as the melody lasted.
 
Strength is all you really need… Anzu…
 
Red flames vanquished and the Planet became animated again. The two forms was no where to be seen.
 
- -
 
Sunset Isle - Tavern of D
 
Wars the never ending… Many had fell victim to them, some decided to get out of them. Then some dies within the battles. Each and every warrior had fallen in to trap with their foes. Either tormented… either eaten alive… some continued to live.
 
The Commander was one. He had lost all hope in committing himself to save others. He did it only to save one person and that was his only brother. His only family… He fell victim to the obstacle at hand and lost him. The soul of his heart burn with hate… he had lost his light… He feels for no one other than himself but for the vengeance of his brother.
 
Emotionless blue eyes stood within the depths of his every core. No one dared to push him, not even the one he calls his best friend. They know their place and many people tramples upon them.
 
Tavern of D is very core of all warriors and knights alike to go and visit. Some goes to the board to check on hunting others go there for heavy conversation. There have been times of fun but in Sunset Isle it had suddenly changed.
 
It was over a year ago; the daemons had passed the gate of Sunset Isle and started to attack. No one was there to save it. Soon the World was lost. Nothing could have been saved minus the people who hid themselves well.
 
The daemons takes the humans soul and stories them as energy. As for the body… well they feast upon their flesh until they are rightfully full. It was vile and disgusting and no one really wanted that.
 
Over by the corner sat a long booth. The front door of the tavern was pulled open many warriors alike piled in. Shouts and mindless chatter was spoken some ignored the background.
 
An Egyptian woman and her brother sat within the Commander and his two men. One of them was the sister. Isis Ishtar and her brother Malik sat face to face with Yami and the Commander. Their eyes filled with grief.
 
The older woman of twenty-some lowered her gaze towards her beverage. A soft glow lifted around her exotic clothing, a satin veil covered the top portion of her black hair.
 
“The door of darkness is slowly leaking…” she silently whispered.
 
Her brother Malik gave her a worried look. “Sister…” blue solemn eyes admired him.
 
“I'm sorry but the owner isn't here right now,” the waitress replied after being stopped by their table.
 
“I see… well thank you,” Yami turned away after waving the woman off. “So what now…?” he turned to his friend.
 
The Commander fingered the ring of his mug. A hand supported the weight of his chin. He bore an indifference look on his face.
 
“Commander…” Shizuka voiced breaking the thoughts of the man's. “Is there something wrong…? You seemed to be awfully quiet recently…” she paused. “Well more quiet than usual…”
 
His azure eyes cast to the side. “It's nothing that concern's you Kawai…”
 
The woman flinted at the use of her last name one that was different than her older brother. Ever since her mother and adopted father gotten married it was then changed to Kawai and that was years ago.
“Commander…” Isis spoke her glow dispersed. “Just what exactly are you planning…? Obviously you and like the others have been fighting this war for ages now… Are you waiting for something to happen or—” she stopped.
 
“Hn…” this brought his attention. “Or what?”
 
The woman stiffened as she changed the subject. “Do you know the usage of darkness?”
 
“Darkness…?” he leaned a chin to his hand.
 
“The feeding of light… the lost of one's faith… the eternity swept of living in vengeance…” she cited a glow outlined her.
 
Her brother soon predicted that an outcome will arise. He turned his gaze away not wanting to hear more.
 
“The daemons are heading forth… are they not, Commander?”
 
“Hn…” the man closed his eyes, a chin to his hands.
 
The woman countered his answer, getting deep in his thoughts. “You were also wounded, correct?”
 
Blue eyes narrowed dangerously at her. Shizuka who sat near her brother brought clenched hands towards her chest.
 
“Yes, he—”
 
“Shut up,” he interrupted her. The Commander glared back at the older woman. “Just what the hell do you know anyways?” he leaned placing an arm on the counter. “You can't just waltzed up here telling me some sort of riddle and now you're—”
 
Isis silenced him, the glow around her faded. “I know Commander…” her blue eyes spoke the rest to him.
 
He scoffed pushing his arm away from her. “I don't need this…” he pushed himself out of the booth, walking out of the Tavern.
 
His allies watched his retreating form. The front door of the tavern closed shut the mess hall continued to pile.
 
The man strolled about the town leaving behind the building. His cape flew at him while the wind danced around. Soon with the changing seasons a new foe had came up along with a new Hero. Boxes and barrels a like piled around buildings some trees were forked upon the main road.
 
The sound of footsteps pounded behind him enclosing the man's thoughts. He quickly turned around and felt for his sword. He growled while cursing to himself, the warrior had left his weapon back at the tavern. A silhouette came at him and crashed into his frame. He grunted in pain after falling back on the hard concrete floor of the main road. Half rising he glared at the person hunched over him.
 
`It's her!' his blue eyes widen gawking at the figure.
 
The girl's brunette hair lifted unveiling crystal blue eyes. Her uniform was covered in dirt the brown of her hair parted her features. Wide-eyed she quickly jumped her eyes filled with fear. The Commander soon followed lifting himself up.
 
He grabbed hold of her by the shoulders. “What's wrong?” he asked with a bit of force.
 
“You have to help me!” Anzu pleaded.
 
The man lifted a brow not understanding a word she's saying. “What?”
 
“Please!” she abruptly looked behind her spotting a black being from afar she began to scream.
 
A name not said, her `savior' winced at her sudden action but averted his eyes ahead of him. `Heartless…' he thought coming to terms with the enemy.
 
Heartless, a small black creature able to form within the grounds lurched forward with many following. Stepping forward he shielded the girl from the small creature only to see many of them appear around the two.
 
`Shit,' he cursed eyeing the black crowd.
 
One of the creatures moved about and began to pounce straight for Anzu. Her blue eyes caught its movements and screamed again. She buried her face in the man's cloaked back his right arm shielded the side of her. Her savior caught her scream and pushed them both out the way while more Heartless formed and staggered towards them. He gritted his teeth and waited for impact but felt nothing. Eyes peeled open he sat up, the girl soon followed.
 
Another warrior or two fenced them from the front. Both forms were slim looking identically alike minus their outfits and hair styles.
 
“Strife… Leonhart…” their names were spoken.
 
The long-mane brunet looked over his shoulder at him. His blue eyes gleamed, a smirk played at the corner of his mouth.
 
“Kaiba…”
 
The young man's name soon mentioned; Anzu kneeled watching the final outcome.
 
TO BE CONTINUED
 
Yoku: Hope that didn't sound too crappy and yes as I said before this is my first attempt at writing an AU and cross-over fic. More series will be shown as will the rest of the Final Fantasy characters and another game we all know and love. Oh and I hope my notes and the way I wrote the story didn't confuse any of you readers.
 
Really hope that I don't make any of the characters OOC if so I'm truly sorry. The next chapter will soon be updated, so get ready for it. For a little overview the next chapter tells us more about the characters especially the role of Kaiba Seto and Mazaki Anzu. I can't wait to write it out!
 
Oh and also grammar and spelling will be fixed somewhere next week.
 
Till next time. Read and Review for me, I'd greatly appreciate the comments you all send me!