Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Fate of Stone ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1

Seto Kaiba, unsung hero and duelist, gave a speech to the success of his tournament and the successful destruction of the three god cards. Most of his audience and fans were starting to doze off and his younger brother, Mokuba, leaned against the wall, his eye lids getting heavy. Duelists from the tournament and fans and friends alike had crowded the main hall of the Kaiba Estate to listen to the concluding ceremony to the tournament and to party into the night as Seto had invited them too. Among the crowd was Yugi Motou, 2nd best duelist in the world and Joey Wheeler, another of the best. Another among them, a top ranked duelist who was quickly rising to the top, leaned lazily against a side wall, sipping a glass of red wine and watching Seto give his speech. Her name was Ravanna Mazalina but she was known to everyone else as Raven Maza. She'd joined the tournament late but had proved to be a very tough duelist to beat. She had gone undefeated up until the point where she had dueled Yugi Motou. The stakes had been high and without the help of her Dark Magician she hadn't been able to work with her deck. Her Dark Magician had gone missing only hours before her duel with Yugi. She was still looking for the runt who had stolen it from her.

Ishtar Malik slipped over to the table and grabbed a glass of wine and glided over to her side. "Do you think he'll ever shut up?"

She smiled at him. "Once he realizes that he's putting everyone else to sleep, sure he will." She finished off her wine and set the glass back onto the table. "So, how does it feel?"

"Pardon?" He lowered the glass from his lips, his eyes scanning the faces in the crowd.

"How does it feel to be yourself again?"

"Oh. Wonderful." He smiled and glanced at her from the corner of his lavender eye. "I'm free and I have my own mind back. I don't have to fight Mariku anymore."

"That's good." She said faintly and narrowed her eyes at a shadowed figure gingerly poking at another's deck. "Weevil, I should have known."

"What?"

"He's the one that stole my Dark Magician." She whispered. "Look, he's going after something in Joey's deck now." She slipped through the shadows until she was behind him. "Weevil you little insect-crazed sneak!"

Joey looked over his shoulder and glared. "What are you doing Weevil?"

"Uhh..."

"Why don't you tell him, Weevil? And while you're at it I would like you to return my Dark Magician and appologize. No, wait. Get on your knees and lick my boots while you're at it." Raven placed her hands on her hips, waiting.

"He's the one who stole your Dark Magician?" Yami Yugi glared at Weevil, his deep voice rumbling with thunder. "For shame Weevil."

Seto's speech had ended and most were filtering into the grand ball room for the party. Raven glared at Weevil.

"Do it Weevil...now!" She snarled and glared. Finally, after a heavy sigh, he handed over her Dark Magician. Once he was back in her deck the power of her Millennium bracelet took over and her red robed and armored Dark Magician materialized behind her. He had dirty blonde hair and lovely but hard brown eyes. She smiled. "Now," She scooted her boot closer. "Bend down and kiss it. Then say you're sorry."

"Wait!" Tea giggled. "I want this on film." She set up her camera and smiled. Weevil redened with his humiliation and bent forward, kissing her boot.

"Good." Raven grinned. "Now do the same for Joey's shoe."

"But-"

"Now!"

Weevil glowered at her then did the same to Joey. Satisfied, Raven hauled Weevil to his feet and half dragged him to the door. "Now get out of here and don't come back!" She chuckled and patted her hands clean.

"Good job, Raven." Joey smirked. "It's too bad you got to him before I did or I would have beat him into a bloody pulp."

"Right Joey." She patted his shoulder and walked down the long, wide hall towards the grand ball room. The others followed her and she made note to pay special attention to Malik. He seemed to be a rather favorable companion and apparently had his eye on her as it was already. Not that she wasn't interested in him. He had that looks, the intelligence and the all around nice guy attitude so why not take a shot?

"Jensea!" Raven smiled and hugged her friend. "You did good in the tournament."

"Thanks." Jensea smiled at her and then looked over to where Seto Kaiba had entered the room, teenie bopper fans surrounding him. "I wish I could rip their hair out."

"Rrrreeeow..." Raven giggled and patted her shoulder. "Then go shove them out of the way."

"Riiiight." She looked at her friend's face. "You're serious!"

"Yeah." Raven nodded. "Go on. You can't score any points if he's surrounded by whores." Raven nudged Jensea forward and then made her way towards the DJ deck, climbing up and gently thumping Mokuba's nose. "Got any good tunes?" She picked up the CDs and flipped through them. "Here," She said and handed one to him. "Let's crank this party up shall we?" Mokuba smiled mischieviously and placed the CD into the player. Raven jumped down, grabbed Jensea and a few other girls they knew and gathered at the center of the dance floor. The crowd backed up to watch them when their curiosity overcame them.

>This goes out to all the women in the world! Especially her!<

Everyone clapped and cheered when the music began and the girls began to dance to "Da Dip". Malik licked his lips a bit as he watched. Seto's attention was caught as well. Malik set his drink down and made his way towards the group of girls. He came up behind Raven and placed his hands on her hips, dancing with her. Jensea giggled. Raven sure knew how to reel them in. Raven turned and placed her hands on his shoulders as they danced, smiling. Joey blinked.

"Okay, since when does Malik know how to dance like that?"

"Centuries of practice, I'm sure." Tea mumbled. "That is so sickening."

Yami poked her shoulder. "I do believe you were dancing like that the other night."

Mai grinned and grabbed Joey's arm. "Let's join them. It looks like fun!"

Raven smiled. "Get him Mai." She looked back up at Malik. "I didn't think a guy like you knew how to dance like this. It's quite the surprise."

"You'll find I'm full of surprises." Malik grinned, his hands squeezing her hips gently.

"I think I'm going to like these 'surprises' of yours." She turned, her back against him, dipping with him again. Jensea giggled and looked around after the song had ended. Now where was the bathroom?

Raven nudged her. "Don't you think you should go after him?" She was talking about Seto who had slipped out onto the back private balcony. "Now's your chance."