Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Teaming Up with the Superfriends ❯ The Super Clones ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Recap: The Noxium Crystal had returned to earth. Through a sneaky trick, the Legion of Doom got it from the Hall of Justice. It was found that the crystal had a flaw. It could only shoot a beam at one Superfriend at a time. The evil sorcerer fixed that flaw. To keep Yugioh away, the evil sorcerer transported Yugi to a place with created Noxium crystal affects. That didn't keep Yugioh away for long though. Thanks to some good quick thinking from Yugi, the crystal is destroyed forever.
/ is Yugi mental talk
// is Yugioh mental talk
' is thoughts





Chapter 7: The Super Clones

A few days have passed since the Noxium Crystal nightmare. Thanks to Yugi's judgment of time, the crystal was destroyed never to threaten the Superfriends again. Batman and Robin, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Black Falcon and Hawkman patrolled different areas of the world while the other Superfriends remained at the Hall of Justice. Yugioh was currently watching Yugi sleep because it was night in Metropolis.
"Yugi may be young, but he has the wisdom and judgment of an Indian elder," Apache Chief said.
"He continues to amaze me," Yugioh said. I would've never thought that he would be this wise and mature at his young age. He's only 15, whereas I'm truly 5,000 years older because I was a spirit inside an item," he added.
"Ah, an amazing thing indeed," Apache Chief said.
"Can you tell us about it?" Flash asked.
"Sure. I don't like to talk about it though because I was an evil ruler then. I was sealed in an item called the Millennium Puzzle for my great evil power. But I lost my memory over time. When Yugi solved the puzzle five thousand years later, I had no memory of anything. It was when all the Millennium Items and the three god cards were gathered that my evil memory returned. My evil memory created a third being who trapped me in my own mind. As Yugi said, my friendship and love for him is what allowed me to overthrow my evil self for good," Yugioh responded.
The other Superfriends were very fascinated by his story. Suddenly, the Trouble-alert went off. Superman turned it on.
"Superfriends, this is an emergency. Our geologists have reported that the fault line has somehow been damaged. We have gotten numerous earthquakes and tsunamis. We don't know how much longer we can last," President Yang said.
"Don't worry sir. We'll handle it," Superman said. "Samurai, you and I will handle this."
"Roger Superman," Samurai said before they streaked for Japan. "This must be the Legion of Doom's work. The fault couldn't have naturally damaged itself," he added.
"I agree Samurai, and that's why we need to get there fast," Superman said.
They arrived in an hour and saw the ground break apart and buildings start to crumble. Another tsunami threatened to crash onshore. Samurai blew it back with only seconds to spare.
"Superman, see what you can do to fix the fault. I'll stop the tsunamis," Samurai said.
"On my way Samurai. Good luck," Superman said. He then went underground to fix the fault. He flew through layers of rock. Half an hour later he found large rocks in the lava. Upon closer inspection, he noticed that the rocks were broken off. He looked at the fault and saw the broken marks in it.
"So this is what the Legion of Doom did. I have to act fast. I'll have to meld the fault back together with my heat vision," Superman said. He picked up the broken pieces of the fault and put them back into place before melding them with his heat vision. He worked all along the fault line and repaired it in half an hour.
Above ground, the earthquakes stopped, and the seas calmed down. The ground closed back up, and Superman came up from a sewer manhole.
"Great job Superman," Samurai said.
"Let's head back to the Hall of Justice," Superman said.
They streaked back to the Hall of Justice and arrived in an hour.
"Nice work you two," Apache Chief said.
Meanwhile under the murky waters of the swamp, the Legion of Doom was hard at work. They only damaged the fault as a way of keeping the Superfriends occupied. What they had in mind was far more sinister. They were currently working on exact clones of the Superfriends. They enhanced Yugi's clone because the original was just an ordinary human being. Yugi's clone had wide crimson eyes that were far from innocent and childlike.
"This is bound to cause mass confusion and chaos. Except for Yugi's clone, the other clones look like and have the same powers and abilities as the Superfriends. They were unaware that the Noxium Crystal experience was to get hair or DNA samples as well as destroy them," Scarecrow said.
When the clones were ready two hours later, they did a double take. Yugioh's clone had black wings and fierce crimson eyes.
"Why does the Pharaoh's clone have black wings and red eyes when the original has white wings and violet eyes?" Cheetah asked.
"I can answer that. Even though this is a clone of Yugioh, it's an evil clone. Yugioh himself was once very evil like us. Even though he still had violet eyes, his wings were blacker than anything making them a perfect match for his evil heart. I sensed that there were two sides to him, an evil side and a good side. The evil in him greatly exceeded the good. It was Yugi who helped the good in him vanquish the evil," the evil sorcerer responded.
"That's too bad. He could've made an excellent addition to our team if he stayed evil," Luthor said.
"I agree Luthor. Having a powerful evil ruler on our team would've been an assured way of world domination," Sinestro said.
"The clone is only a minor setback. The world will only be able to tell two clones from the originals," Grog said. "The other eleven will be hard to distinguish."
The other members agreed. Being able to tell two of the thirteen clones apart wouldn't make much difference.
"We have to find a way to keep Yugioh away. Unfortunately, he can tell the original from a phony," the evil sorcerer said.
"We'll find a way. Now let's test our clones out by sending one of them to destroy the White House," Giganta said.
"The Batman and Robin clones will do because the originals are in another country," Braniac suggested.
"An excellent suggestion. It will be done," Luthor said as he gave the Batman and Robin clones their orders.
The evil sorcerer created a copy of the vehicles the Superfriends used. The Batman and Robin clones got in the bat jet and zoomed for Washington D.C. They arrived in half an hour and attacked with a barrage of missiles.
President Cleveland(A/N: Not Grover Cleveland so not to get confused) was in his office when he heard the explosions and felt the building shaking. "What's happening?" he asked.
"The Legion of Doom must have control over the dynamic duo because they're attacking us," the Secretary of Defense responded.
"Call the Superfriends immediately," President Cleveland said.
One of the generals sent an S.O.S call to the Superfriends. At the Hall of Justice, Flash was by the monitor when the S.O.S. came in.
"It's an S.O.S.," Flash said as the others in the Hall of Justice came over to the monitor.
"Superfriends, we need your help. Batman and Robin are attacking us here at the White House," the general said.
"There's something terribly wrong. They wouldn't do that of their own free will," Apache Chief said.
"We still need to help the general regardless," Yugioh said.
The others agreed, and Superman and Yugioh sped for Washington to help. They arrived in half an hour an soon saw the attack on the White House. Superman got between the bat jet and the building to prevent any more missiles from hitting the already heavily damaged building.
"Fire our surprise missile Robin," the Batman clone said.
"Roger," the Robin clone said. He fired the missile, and it made direct contact with Superman.
Superman suddenly started to feel weak. "That must have been a Kryptonite missile," he said.
"That's right Superman," the Batman clone said as he watched Superman plummet to the ground.
"Superman!" Yugioh cried as he dove after Superman. He soon caught Superman and flew down to the ground. After putting Superman down, Yugioh concentrated and removed the Kryptonite from him.
Superman soon regained consciousness.
"Are you all right?" Yugioh asked.
"Yes Yugioh, thank you," Superman responded.
Yugioh then flew up for round two. It was then that he sensed something very wrong about Batman and Robin. He could literally feel the darkness in their hearts. 'I should've known. They're clones,' he thought. "Why are you here you here you Super fakes?" he asked. He made sure that he asked it loud enough for Superman and the others nearby to hear.
"Our creators sent us do destroy this building, and we will not fail them. They will rule the world, and you won't be getting in our way this time Pharaoh," the Robin clone responded.
The jet then rocketed back to the Hall of Doom, for now. Yugioh landed and walked over to the damaged building where Superman was talking to the President.
"How did you know that they were clones?" President Cleveland asked.
"I have very highly alerted senses. I can sense who can be trusted and who can't as well. Basically, I can sense a lot of things. As you witnessed, in the Noxium Crystal incident Superman, I could sense that Yugi was in serious trouble," Yugioh responded.
"That will come in handy to us all. Now we know why the Legion of Doom has been so quiet. We'll all have to be on our gaurd now. Any one of us could be set up for something," Superman said.
"Let's head back to the Hall of Justice for now," Yugioh said as he magically repaired the White House.
Superman nodded, and they streaked for the Hall of Justice. When they arrived, all the other Superfriends were present.
"We heard about the attack on the White House," Batman said.
"There was no way we did that. We were in Africa," Robin said.
"We know now that you and Batman didn't do it Robin. Yugioh sensed that what we thought was you and Batman were actually clones," Superman said.
"It must be the Legion of Doom's work," Hawkman said.
"Precisely Hawkman, and that's why we have to be on heightened alert now. I can tell you from the clones, but there's no doubt that the Legion of Doom will attempt to keep me distracted somehow," Yugioh said.
The others nodded, as they remained in the Hall of Justice the rest of the night. The next morning, Yugioh awakened Yugi and told him what happened.
"Are you saying that there are clones of all of us?" Yugi asked.
"Yes Yugi," Yugioh responded.
"But your clone should be easy to tell apart. No matter how hard the evil sorcerer tried, your clone always had black wings," Yugi suggested.
"You're right Yugi. However, being able to tell one clone apart won't help too much here because we all been cloned," Yugioh said. "I want you to stay near me at all times Yugi because the Legion of Doom will most likely do something that involves you to keep me from telling the clones from the originals."
Yugi nodded. He knew that this really wasn't the time to protest. His choice to have privacy could really be a grave mistake now. They went outside, and Yugioh scooped up Yugi. Just because they had a grave situation on their hands didn't mean that they couldn't have a little fun. Yugioh then spread his wings and took off into the air.
"I would never get tired of this," Yugi said as he enjoyed the feeling of the open air as well as the view of the city.
"I wouldn't either," Yugioh said.
The flight was peaceful for two hours. Then Yugioh hovered in midair. Yugi felt Yugioh's arms get tense.
"What is it?" Yugi asked.
"Trouble," Yugioh responded.
"What kind of trouble," Yugi asked.
"Clone trouble," Yugioh responded.
Sure enough, they heard cackling. It grew louder the closer the clones came. They could soon make out the black wings of Yugioh's clone. As the clones got closer, Yugi and Yugioh could make out the Yugi's clone was also being carried. Upon coming even closerm, Yugi and Yugioh both made out that both clones eyes were crimson instead of violet, and that Yugi's clone's eyes were far less innocent. Yugioh could also sense that the clone was not as ordinary as Yugi was.
"What do you want?" Yugioh harshly asked.
"We knew that you would take your little friend for a flight so we decided to intercept you here," Yugioh's clone responded.
Yugioh took his arm from under Yugi's knees and swung Yugi to his back. Yugioh then put an invisible electrical field over Yugi. //I've put an electric field over you. I made it undetectable to our clones. Don't worry, because the field won't hurt you// He made sure to block his mental conversation from the clones since they had a mental link as well. //Make sure to block your mental conversation with me from the clones//
/Okay/ He made sure to block that from the clones.
"All I have to do is take your friend off your back. You weren't thinking," Yugi's clone said.
Yugioh's clone flew in for Yugi's clone to take Yugi off Yugioh's back. Upon trying to even touch Yugi, Yugi's clone felt a big jolt of electricity. The clone screamed in pain from the painful shock.
"Who wasn't thinking?" Yugioh asked smirking.
"You made it so that I wouldn't sense that. You tricked us," Yugioh's clone said angrily.
"That's just about the size of it," Yugi said smiling.
Yugi and Yugioh's clones growled in anger and prepared for an aerial battle.
"Just stay calm Yugi. The electrical field will protect you and keep you on my back," Yugioh said.
Yugi nodded as the clones made the first move. Yugioh's clone launched a stream of water at the invisible electrical field, hoping to damage Yugi. Yugioh just looked on with annoyance.
'Does he really believe that will work?' Yugioh thought.
The clones were shocked to see the electricity evaporate the water like heat would.
"How is that possible?" Yugi's clone asked.
"Did you honestly believe that I would let you hurt Yugi? Even though I put an electrical field over him, I took the precaution of making it shock proof for him. Nothing you try will harm Yugi because I encased my magic into the electricity," Yugioh responded. Then he waved his hand in an arch over his head and created a blue arch that increased in size until it covered him and Yugi.
Then the full-size arch disappeared along with Yugi and Yugioh. They reappeared at the Hall of Justice, and Yugioh removed the electrical shield off Yugi. He bent down a little; enabling Yugi to just let go of his neck. Then he stood back up.
"What happened?" Wonder Woman asked.
"Yugi and I were intercepted by our clones. I'm not the only original that can be told apart after all. Yugi's clone has crimson eyes that hold everything far from innocence in them," Yugioh responded. "However, that is still not an overall good thing."
"It isn't indeed. With thirteen of us and only two distinguishable clones, the odds are ar from our favor," Aquaman said.
Meanwhile at the Hall of Doom, the Legion of Doom were scheming of a way to separate Yugioh from the other Superfriends so he wouldn't foil their plans this time.
"We need to keep Yugioh away from the others. He can foil our plans even if we do split the clones up," Cheetah said.
"Cheetah's right there. He has the capability," the evil sorcerer agreed.
"It seems that the only way to distract him is to do something to his little friend. Every time we did something to the boy, Yugioh was the first one to act," Braniac said.
"An excellent observation Braniac. That's exactly what we'll do," Luthor said. "Any ideas evil sorcerer?" he added.
"Yes. I'll send Yugi to my world. In my world, everything is evil. Even the plants and animals all have evil instincts so thing is to be trusted unless an alliance is made. Since Yugi and Yugioh are far from evil, they will immediately be targeted. Since Yugioh can't be harmed, he'll have to focus on keeping his friend safe. To add on to the already dangerous situation, I'll have their clones there as well," the evil sorcerer responded.
"Excellent, do it right away," Sinestro said.
"With pleasure," the evil sorcerer said smirking. He focused some of his power through his crystal ball.
At the Hall of Justice, Yugi suddenly disappeared.
"What happened now?" Batman asked.
"The evil sorcerer responded," Yugioh responded.
"That's right Pharaoh. This portal that you now see leads to my world. I'd hurry if I were you because you or he won't be able to trust anything there. To add onto the danger that your friend is already in, your and his clones are also there waiting for him," the voice of the evil sorcerer said as the portal was on the Hall of Justice's ceiling.
"one of us can go and help while you stay here," Superman offered.
"No Superman, my or Yugi's clone will not hesitate to use your weaknesses against you. It's too dangerous for any of you. I'm the best choice Yugi has to get out alive," Yugioh declined as he flew up and through the portal before it closed. He arrived in the air a few moments later.
It was ver dark in the evil sorcerer's world. Of course Yugioh didn't have to worry about it because he had nocturnal sight that even an owl wouldn't have in a world of this kind of darkness. To his great relief, Yugi didn't move from his spot. Yugioh landed next to Yugi.
"Are you all right?" Yugioh asked.
"Yes, but I can't see anything. I can't even see you," Yugi responded.
"That will be rectified right now," Yugioh said.
The next thing Yugi saw was a medium-sized ball of light hovering just in front of Yugioh. Then Yugioh sent it a few feet above them and in front of them to light their path and move as they moved. The ball gave a two-mile radius of light due to how bright Yugioh created it. He made sure to make it look like a normal house light to Yugi so Yugi wouldn't be blinded by the intense brightness. They knew that they had to make it out of the world if they were going to help put a stop to the clones once and for all.





Well here's chapter 7. Sorry it took so long. I had printer trouble. Preview for Chapter 8: Danger Zone: Yugi and Yugioh travel through the world and encounter some dangers that they've never faced before as well as the common extreme dangers they've already faced. All the while, the Superfriends are having trouble with the world because no one can tell them apart from their evil clones.

Oh and I really need your votes on the poll I created. The sequel won't be decided by only two votes. I'll prove my point by saying that I haven't even started on the sequel yet because I don't know what to write. I've already counted two strikes against you guys on that part. As you all know, one more strike, and you're out. In this case, the out is out of luck for reading the sequel to this story. I'm only asking for ten votes, which is not hard. The sequel REALLY depends on YOU. Just like I discontinued one of my stories, I won't write a single word of this story's sequel unless I get enough votes. Ten is all I'm asking YOU for. Once and for the last time, Which former Kids WB cartoon do you want to read in a crossover with Yugioh: Batman, Superman or The Batman/Superman Adventures?