Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Vampires Surround Me ❯ Chapter 1- My life is a hell hole ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The most common misconception about my kind is that we sleep in coffins. I mean, who the hell thought that load of bullshit up? And crosses, don't even get me started! Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to keep up my `normal life' at home. How would I be able to go to Church each Sabbath day? And I can go out in sunlight. I'm just more sensitive than most people. And a little more paler. And you can't forget, I have no pulse. That's why I can't get close to men. At least, men that aren't my kind. I should probably start at the beginning so you understand clearly.

On this particular afternoon, I had been to market. Mama had asked for me to pick up a few items for dinner. This was also a way for me to meet with my dearest Malik. As I meet him in an alleyway, I give him a kiss on each cheek. He wishes that I would give more but, alas, I must torture him like this. I do so enjoy this game.

"I have been with you for how long? And all I ever get is a peck? When will I get more, beloved?" My Malik complains. I push him up against the wall and run my hands through his long blonde hair. "Soon. But I doubt it would do good for both our images if we were caught together. And as soon as we make it to Egypt, we'll have hundreds of years to ourselves." I said, teasing his lips with my own soft, pouty lips. Before we can get any further, I pull away. A moan of complaint is all I hear from Malik. "I have to go. Mama is expecting me to buy some items for dinner. I shall see you again on Friday at the Princess's Ball, won't I?" I asked. "You shall, M'Lady." Malik said bowing. He kissed my hand, walked back a few steps, and disappeared into thin air. Quickly, I gathered the stuff Mama has asked for.

When I arrive home, it is pure chaos. Mama is yelling all over the house for me. A maid comes running to me as soon as I walk in the door. "Mistress Marianna, your mother has been yelling for you for over an hour, she has." The young girls said, grabbing my hand and dragging me off to the kitchen. "Where have you been, girl?! It has been over an hour you've been gone! `Twould not take you that long had you not been dallying!" My mother yelled. She grabbed my chin and pulled my face to close to hers. "Who've you been seeing, girl? Tell me now and you might be spared from your father's wrath! Come now, I smell it on your breath." She said, so close now that I could smell the ale laced on her breath. "Mama, please! You've been at the pub again, haven't you?" I asked. "Don't you change the subject, girl!" My mother yelled. "I'm sorry, Mama. `Twas just the merchants. I got carried away because I couldn't find all the items you needed." I said, hoping she'd calm down. It worked and she let my face go. I felt bruises form on my face from her grip on it for so long.

End Chapter 1