Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ A loss in time ❯ All alone, there's nobody home.... ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
loss in Time
Chapter 1:
All alone, there’s nobody home

‘RING!!!’ The bell that signalled the end of the school day finally rang, all the students of Domino High began emptying outside glad to be free of the stuffy classrooms…After all the others had gone one lone girl slowly made her way outside…She was the new transfer student, the end of her first week & she still hadn’t made any new friends, not that she hadn’t tried…Anyone that had seemed remotely nice had been scared away by her eyes, they were two completely different colours, so that kinda freaked people out, she was also very quiet & subdued, Yuna Bevell had always been like that, it was how she’d been brought up. Her parents owned a big company called ‘Bevell corp.’ so they were never home. Yuna had no friends, well no REAL friends anyway. She had learned to live with it though…Yuna, was no fool, she was a genious, could be anything she wanted to be, if she tried, she didn’t though, a few good marks wouldn’t make her parents notice her….
Yuna got in the limo awaiting her exit from the school grounds & lent back in her seat, closing her eyes & for a moment, relaxed & closed her green & blue eyes….dosing slightly.
“Miss Bevell?” Yuna opened her eyes & looked at the driver how was looking at her though the review mirror.
“Yes?” She asked simply, Yuna never asked peoples names anymore, she’d given up on that as her mother fired & hired people so often there was no point.
“Would you like to go anywhere before heading home today? I hear that there’s a pretty good Egyptian exhibit at the museum…” He said as he stoped for a red light. Yuna thought for a moment, she’d always had a fascination with Egypt, but she had homework & training…
“Well, I have quite a lot of home work tonight, plus training, but perhaps before dinner I will go & see it…if you would remind me?” Yuna put on a small & rare smile for the driver as he seemed nice, he nodded.
“No problem Miss, I’ll wait out side the house at 5 o’clock for you & ask Mr. Jefferson to remind you..” He gave her a smile & a wink & went back to concentrating on the driving…..
When Yuna got home she didn’t bother to call out ‘I’m home’ as normal kids her age did when they got home, there was no point, there was no-one there to greet her except the butler Mr. Jefferson & the maids. She went straight upstairs to her room & did her home work, then after that, she got changed into her training gear & went down to the gym.
“Yuna….how are you today?” Asked her instructor, Auron.
“Same as always Auron, same as every other day when you ask me that..” She replied as she always did, it was like a daily ritual now…
“well in that case, we should continue from yesterday…” He said getting down to business & taking out his practice sword, Auron was a master blades-man & was her sensei, Yuna was on her way to becoming a blade master in her own right, she was perfect with normal Katana, but she excelled with the long sword.(Fast forward to the end of training) Yuna had a shower, got changed for going to the museum, amazed that she hadn’t forgotten.
Mr. Jefferson opened the door for her & the limo driver opened the limo door for her to get in. When she did she found a small pamphlet about the exhibit next to her on the seat…
“I thought you might want some information on what it is you’re actually going to see…” He told her starting the limo & driving out the gates… Yuna nodded & began looking through the pamphlet the exhibit looked fascinating…by the time she’d finished looking at it they’d arrived… “I’ll wait here Miss, you just take your time, your parents are going to be away all night at a party so you’re the only one eating at home…..” He trailed off as he got out to open the door…when he did Yuna smiled slightly again & nodded…
“Thank you, I really hope my mother doesn’t fire you, your good at your job…” Yuna said sincerely before she walked away… >I don’t know what it is about that guy, but he seems to know me really well……Maybe I did find a friend today?< She thought making her way up the stairs to the museum…
Yuna did take her time as the driver suggested, there really was no point hurrying home to an empty home, when you were completely alone….
She was walking past a large tablet when a pictogram caught her eye, there were two people on it, from the title next to it, it was an ancient Pharaoh & a High Priest that had got into a very large battle…As Yuna was studying this a light began shinning out of a symbol that looked like the eye of Horus, the light landed on Yuna & she froze, not knowing what to do…Suddenly she felt herself getting sucked toward the tablet, Yuna blacked out…When she awoke she found herself in the middle of the desert…..(end of chapter one…..)