Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Perfect World ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Atemu x Mahaado, dark and twisted! Title: Perfect World Summary: To know about darkness, wouldn’t you need some experience in it? And there must be a reason why he’s called the Dark Magician… Notes: Er, stole lots of things from Full Metal Alchemist, guess that makes this a crossover, hai? AEAU. I know Yami’s real name, but Mahaado doesn’t, so he calls him Yami, er, Prince. Chapter 1               He was perhaps twelve, no, younger, slightly, when the Prince fell ill. He was so ill that the Pharaoh could not cure him. So all he could do was watch helplessly, helplessly as the life drained from that frail body. He did not cry, though Mana did, and while the sickness sapped his Prince’s strength, he dug furiously through the books and studied, searching for a solution, any solution, to save his friend…           & nbsp; He found one.             Of course it had a price, all things had a price, didn’t they know anything, foolish, foolish men? Didn’t they know that no knowledge could be hidden forever?             Didn’t they know of equivalent trade?             To battle with Ka, one must use one’s Ba to support that Ka, or if one is more skilled, one can give one’s heka to the Ka as well…           &nb sp; But to join Ba and Ka, ah, that was a forbidden ritual.             And to create Ba… that was trespassing in the realm of the gods. But it didn’t matter. Nothing did. He had found a way, and he would use it.             It wasn’t easy, not for a child, but Mahaado was no mere child, he was a Priest-in-training. But even that might not count for much, if not for…           &nbs p; If not for the Ring…           &nb sp; The Ring was beautiful, so beautiful, and his master, the priest he was apprenticed to, was a fool. Priest Donkor did not know the true power of the Ring…           &nb sp; But the Ring called to him, and it whispered in his mind with a voice Priest Donkor was deaf to. It whispered of certain spells that could be used, despite their price.             And Mahaado listened, and learned, and never told…            &n bsp;  Pharaoh Akunumkanon sighed as he watched the Healers work over his ailing child. Oh, they were the best healers in his kingdom, and of that he had no doubt, but how he hated seeing his son suffer so…             ; There was a timid sound of footsteps. The Pharaoh raised an eyebrow. Priest-in-training Mahaado, his son’s faithful friend…           & nbsp; Mahaado peeked in, blue eyes landing upon the Pharaoh as he paled and hastily went on his knees.             “Pharaoh, Life, Health, Strength be to you for Ten Thousand Years!”           & nbsp; “Rise,” The man said tiredly. Only then did the bone-deep weariness of keeping vigil by his son’s bedside take its toll. He swayed slightly, but righted himself.             Perhaps… a short rest to clear his mind… and rest…. Yes, he had been sitting by his son’s side for almost a week… and there was much to be done…           &nb sp; “Keep watch over my son, Mahaado.”            ;  “Yes, my Pharaoh…”          &nbs p;    The Pharaoh left, leaving his son and the Healers were too busy bowing and flustering to pay much attention to the Prince, and there were other patients to tend as well, and besides, hadn’t Pharaoh insisted they leave?             Thus, no one was watching when the Priest-in-training drew a piece of reddish crystal, glowing with unearthly light, from his clothing and held it to the prince’s lips. “Here, my Prince…”              The mouth opened and teeth chewed, and eyes opened, amethyst tinged with surprise. “Mahaado, what is that?”           &n bsp; “I have more,” Mahaado smiled, opening his hand, upon which rested more, slivers of ruby and black, delicious… the Prince’s eyes settled on them greedily and within moments, had consumed all of them…           &nb sp; He felt power coiling in his body, dark and sweet and delicious like the gem-like candy he had eaten…           &n bsp; And the violet color washed from his eyes and replaced them with wine and blood… and as Mahaado helped him stand he felt a sympathetic vibration within his friend’s skin, electricity arcing and dancing and wonderful…           &nb sp;   “The Prince has awoken!”              “The Prince!”              Akunumkanon stirred sleepily, snapped out of the nap that had hit him almost as soon as he had left the Healers. What? The Prince?             Was something wrong with his son?             &nb sp;           He placed the Puzzle around his neck and rushed down the hall to the Healer’s Chambers, fully intent on putting them all to death if they had killed his son…           &nbs p; Only to find his son standing, and glory be to Osiris, and to Ra and Isis and Horus, the sickness had faded from his son!             Mahaado smiled a secret smile as the Pharaoh embraced his son, and if no one remembered that Yami’s eyes had once been violet, well, who would care?             Who would?             He didn’t.                It was wonderful, this new ability of his. His father attributed to it as a gift from the gods, but Yami knew better. He wasn’t a fool.             The stones were warm inside of him, healing the small injuries he acquired day to day… and he knew that Mahaado felt the same.             They were human, still, only… not. Slightly higher, better healing, sharper in some ways, Mahaado’s power was a knife-blade instead of a candle flame now, and his own skills in gaming had improved…            ;  Yes, soon, very soon….            & nbsp;  He found his workroom in disarray and a trembling girl. Mana. His friend, and now his apprentice, now that he had become Priest of the Sennen Ring…           &nb sp; “Mana…”         & nbsp;   “I’m sorry, Teacher.” The girl looked afraid. “But I thought it was just candy, and it would not hurt if I had a piece… but then, I couldn’t stop!”
         &nbs p;  Ah… so she had eaten the rest. There had only been four, five pieces. Not much of a loss. He and Yami had already finished most of it…             ; They had more chance than she, but no, he did not feel anger. Perhaps she would be useful in the future, and not only as a friend.”              “Did you enjoy them?”           &n bsp; Mana blinked in surprise, she had expected a lecture from her stern teacher. Although he was only a few years older than she, he had always been so mature for his young age… and so serious…              But she could not lie. “Yes.”          &n bsp;  “Then perhaps this is one aspect of magic you can manage not to screw up. Tomorrow, we will make a fresh supply…”              Better safe than sorry after all…   End Chapter 1 Completed 10/6/05               ;