Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Duel Hams: Duelists of the Clubhouse ❯ the duel of DEATH ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The next day, training duels were being held. The hams participated in and watched these duels and some of them were quite interesting. "I'll say this for you, it's gonna take more than clouds to stop my Dark Magician." said Boss.
"I fear no mage, not even with my current deck, Boss." said Bijou.
"Well, we'll see what you think of this. It's time to play a favorite spell of mine, and Mahad's at that fact, Dark Magic Attack."
"Lovely."
"Okay Mahad, do your stuff."
"Of course," said the Dark Magician. "Dark Magic Attack!"
As the Dark Magician unleashed his spell, all of Bijou's set cards were destroyed, which created a lot of smoke on Bijou's side of the field. "Man, that's a lot of smoke." said Cappy.
"Yeah." said Pashmina.
 
Suddenly, a storm whipped up, clearing the smoke from Bijou's side of the field. This storm looked familiar, only had sparkles to it. "Sorry, but you spell comes with a price, mon ami." said Bijou.
"That's quite the Mystical Space Typhoon." said Boss.
"Right idea, wrong spell." Bijou smirked. "Zis is my Diamond-Dust Cyclone which I chained to your spell."
"Diamond-Dust Cyclone?" Boss saw this shiny storm engulf and destroy his Dark Magician. "Hey, my mage.... he's gone."
"Oui, yes. Diamond-Dust Cyclone can destroy one monster with at least four fog counters on it. Also, for every four fog counters, I get to draw a card."
"Then you draw twice since Mahad had eight fog counters on him."
"Bingo." Bijou drew two cards. "And since only one fog counter remains on ze field, on my Cloudian - Nimbusman to be exact, his attack is now lowered to 1500 (1500 ATK)."
"No matter, I'll still attack you. I'll summon my Gemini Elf (1900/900), now attack her Nimbusman."
The magic from Boss' monster destroys Cloudian - Nimbusman. "Oh well <1000>, but as you've seen yesterday, Nimbusman isn't destroyed in battle." and with that said, Cloudian - Nimbusman forms again.
"No matter, Nimbusman is still too weak to harm my Elves, so it your move."
Bijou draws. "And here is where we get going, I summon Cloudian - Altus (1300/0). When summoned, Altus gains a fog counter for each Cloudian on ze field, which means two." Two fog counters attach themselves to Cloudian - Altus. "And since two more fog counters are on ze field, Nimbusman gains 1000 more attack points (2500 ATK). Moving on, I play Double Summon. Now I'll summon again, but I'll bring out another monster. Say hello to Cloudian - Acid Cloud."
 
At this time, a green cloud appeared on Bijou's side of the field, then took form of a monster (500/0). Boss was a bit confused, "I don't get it. There's a Poison Cloud and an Acid Cloud?" he asked.
"Of course. Now Acid Cloud kicks in and gets a fog counter for each Cloudian on ze field, and three are here." Three fog counters attatch themselves to Cloudian - Acid Cloud.
"Lovely, now your Cloudian - Nimbusman gains another 1500 attack points." said Boss.
"Good, you're paying attention (4000 ATK)." said Bijou. "Time to, for better use of ze words, rain on your parade. Nimbusman, blow away Boss' Gemini Elf monster."
"Crap." With one blow, Boss lost his monster and a huge amount of life points <1500>.
"Your turn, Altus. Direct attack." Bijou continued her attack on Boss, lowering his life points some more <200>. "Now I attack with Acid Cloud for game." and that's just what happened.
Boss sighed. "Well, I lost to new monsters, but I am very impressed with such dueling skill that you've shown."
"I knew you were going easy on me."
 
====================================================
Now before I go on with this story, I'll take this time to clear things up. Someone who's been reading this story got a bit confused on how the writing is going on with the duels. This means that there are at least twenty readers (whether they just be plain readers, or reading duelists) that don't get how the dueling system works. So let's explain what's going on now so no further confusion goes on:
 
Duel gameplay goes from step by step, from Draw Phase, to end Phase and everything inbetween. Now let's discuss the gameplay as it's written. In the game, played in real life, mind you, summoning only happens in attack mode, unless otherwise specified. So let's say I want to summon... oh... Thunder Nyan Nyan, this of course is anounced, then followed by: (1900/800).
The numbers given "(1900/800)" are the stats of the card. Meaning that Thunder Nyan Nyan has 1900 attack points and 800 defense points. If you were watching the cartoon, the stats in question would appear in a box near the monster, that's what those numbers represent. Her card actually read the stas like so: ATK/1900 DEF/ 800 as it tells how strong the monster is. "ATK" means attack and "DEF" means defense, but instead of writing out those capped initials, I use the Parentheses "()" instead, then place the numbers accordingly, and the forward slash "/" seperates the ATK and DEF points.
 
Now let's say a stronger monster needing an offering is summoned. The term "sacrifice", or "tribute", or some other synonym is used, then the monster(s) is played. "One monster in defense mode" refers to when a monster is "set" on the field face down (in defense mode) as is the ruling of the game. Now let's say a tricky monster is played, like Hamtaro summoning Total Defense Shogun. Hamtaro would say, "I sacrifice (insert monster here) and summon Total Defense Shogun in defense mode (1550/2500)." Since TDS (Total Defense Shogun) is a monster of six stars, you must sacrifice one monster (token).
But why is Hamtaro summoning this monster in defense mode when you can only summon in attack mode? Because of TDS's effect, which places it in defense mode when summoned. So summoning this monster in defense mode is the exact same thing, since the effect of the card is still taking place. Also not the stats at the end of the sentence; Hamtaro isn't saying this, but this is what is shown in that box that appears next to the monster when summoned, just like on TV.
When a monster is special summoned, it can be placed in either attack or defense poisition (or mode), unless a card specifically says otherwise, like the spell card The Shallow Grave which says to special summon in face-down defense position. There are times when the hams special summon and not say "special", but that's queue to how they are using the card a majority of the time.
 
Life points are also counted. When matters concerning life points occur, I use the greater-than, less-than symbols "<>" to denote them. At the beginning of duels, the life points start at the default 8000, unless otherwise stated (in the cartoon the default star was 2000, then went up to 4000 where it is now) or in certain instances, 10,000 life points. There are times where instead of life points, I use the rule of taking so much damage, but the damage is still "<>" denoted. I myself don't mention the full life score until one of the following effects happen: effects concerning life points take place (like how Cloudian - Ghost Fog affected Bijou last chapter); or when life points go up/down.
When points change (whether life, ATK, or DEF), the denotes will apply. Sometimes monsters are summoned with stat changes, like when Bijou played A Legendary Ocean on the Water elemental Cloudians. For example, the stats of Cloudian - Sheep Cloud are (0/0), but when summoned after A Legendary Ocean is played the stats are (200/200). When "(700/900, 3000/1200, 2600/1800)" occurs, each monster is affected. When monsters of the same name (or same stats) change properly, "(800/0xX)" occurs as "X" being the number of monsters. So for example, three Blue-Eyes White Dragons are on the field and Luminous Spark is played, each Blue-Eyes is affected the same way and the stat change "(3500/2100x3)" occurs.
 
Then there's speech (and this is to the readers who are slow at understanding):
 
"Speech is normal and quoted."
"Speech with emphasys is underlined."
"Dynamic placement of speech is bolded."
Italicised speech is thought.
 
Now that you're up to speed,
back to the story.
 
====================================================
 
Penelope and Pashmina went over to Bijou. "Wow, you still have it." said Pashmina.
"You're amazing." said Penelope.
"Now now, I'm not all greatness." said Bijou.
"Stop being so modest, Bijou." said Cappy. "You've only had that deck of new cards for two days and you're weilding them like the other deck you have."
"He's right," Penelope added, "not too many duelists can adapt to monsters that are just two days old, let alone make a deck with them in two minutes."
"Zis is my bond with each Cloudian monster." said Bijou. "Plus, I'm starting to like zem already." A Cloudian - Smoke Ball appears next to Bijou.
"Please, don't make me laugh."
 
The hams turn to see Kirika and Noretu. "You don't honestly think that those clouds can beat me, do you?" asked Kirika.
"Cloudians aren't so bad." Bijou said.
"Go get your real deck and face me."
"I broke down my original deck and left zem in safe keeping. Now if you like, I will duel my Cloudians against you."
"Bitch, be serious." said Noretu. "If you can make a deck of new cards in two minutes, you can make a deck of old cards in the same amount, if not less than the same time."
"You really have a lot of nerve trying to run a show you can't produce." Oxnard approaches aside Penelope. "This is a public park, so unless you have something encouraging to say... then kick rocks."
Noretu laughed. "Kick rocks, that's a good one. To tell you the truth, you really aren't too tough, Deckbreaker."
"Don't you have other hamsters to bother, get lost already."
"You aren't so bad outside of your Duel House, are you? No matter, you wouldn't be able to win a duel against me anyway."
"Whatever..."
"So you say. Come on, Deckbreaker, proove me wrong... or right." and Noretu began to laugh.
 
"Just go away, already." said Cappy.
"Don't interfear, let your Deckbreaker speak for himself." said Kirika. "Matter of fact, I'm game. We'll join forces and Duo Duel you losers."
"Duo Duel?" Bijou was confused.
"Duo Duel, or Double-Team duel." Kirika cleared up.
"That means both of us, game on." said Oxnard.
"Hey, what are you..." Bijou tried to explain.
"She wants to face your Cloudians, like you said. Don't go back on your word now, Bijou."
"Fine, let's get our duel over with."
 
And for the first time every, a Duo Duel was about to commence. "It's time to get whooped on, Fool Hams." said Noretu.
"I hope you two are ready for this." said Kirika.
"This duel may sound different," Oxnard began, "but don't expect to-"
"Be quiet." Bijou cut Oxnard off.
"What's your problem?"
"Zis duel style is new, so you better explain before any moves are started."
"Don't worry, you'll be filled in as we go." said Noretu.
"Time to duel." said Kirika.
 
Duo Duel match. The rules will go as follows: "Time to be schooled, kiddies." Noretu and Kirika say, then both of them draw.
"As you can see, both of us drew at the same time. Once both teammates draw cards, both players move accordingly." explained Noretu.
"Ladies first." said Kirika. "I'll set two cards face down and summon Gellenduo." Two odd slime beings appear, one pink and the other green, both with a halo going around them (1700/0).
"I'll play Beta the Magnet Warrior." Noretu makes his move (1700/1600). "I will now place one card face down."
"This shouldn't be too hard for you to do." said Kirika. "Also note that no attacks are made until all sides have made their first move. Speaking of which, this pretty much ends our turn."
Oxnard smriked. "It's pretty much a modified two-on-two duel, works for me." he said.
"Zen let's get started." said Bijou.
"Diaha!" Bijou and Oxnard yell, then draw.
"Well Bijou, ladies first." said Oxnard.
"Good." said Bijou. "I'll begin with Summon Cloud. Since I have no monsters, I can special summon a Cloudian. And I'll bring out Cloudian - Ghost Fog in defense mode (0/0), zen summon a second Cloudian - Ghost Fog. I'll set one card down and finally play Lucky Cloud."
"I'll place two cards down and summon the Mystic Swordsman." Oxnard announced his play (900/0). "I'm good."
"Since I summoned two Cloudians of ze same name, I draw two cards due to my Lucky Cloud." Bijou explained her card effect and drew. "Your move."
 
"Are we gonna practice this style of dueling?" asked Cappy.
"Hell yeah." Boss answered.
Kirika and Noretu draw. "Now I'll activate my face down Rock Bombardment trap card." Noretu said, then began to search his deck. I'll simply discard my Moai Intercepter Cannons from my deck to my graveyard and deal damage."
After this happens and Noretu shuffles his deck, rocks fall from the sky and hit both Bijou and Oxnard <7750, 7750>. This brought protest from the others who were watching. "What the hell, why did both of us get hit?" Oxnard wasn't too pleased.
"Effect damage will hurt both members of one side, unless something speciically targets them, like the Chain Energy card that 'Dino Girl' over there has." Noretu explains as he points at Pashmina.
"I'm glad you like my cards..." said a sarcastic Pashmina who rolled her eyes.
"Moving on with our turn," said Kirika, "I'll play Harvest Angel of Wisdom (1800/1000). Next I'll reveal my face down Ultimate Offering trap <7500>. We all know it lets me summon again, so here it comes. I'll now sacrifice my Gellenduo..." Kirika's monster is then offered. "I'll now take this time to tell you that Gellenduo is the Fairy-type version of Kaiser Sea Horse. I'll now bring out a high level Light fairy, Vanity's Ruler (2500/1600)."
"2500 ATK on a high level monster, not bad." said Oxnard.
"Zat fairy poses a problem for your Mystic Swordsman, and I'm not talking about its strength." warned Bijou. "As long as she controls Vanity's Ruler, we can't special summon monsters."
"Very perceptive, Bijou." said Kirika.
That means I can't level up my Mystic Swordsman. thought Oxnard.
"Remember, destroying those Ghost Fog monsters negates damage and distributes those accursed fog counters." Kirika warned Noretu.
"And that's why Lightning Vortex was created." Noretu announced his play. "I'll discard this and destroy all of Bijou's monsters."
 
Lightning falls from the sky and destroys Bijou's Cloudians. "Har, har, har, no more fog." Noretu continued to chuckle.
"Reveal Michizure." Bijou said as she activated her trap. "Time to destroy one monster, and I'll take Vanity's Ruler... or rather, my Ghost Fog will." Cloudian - Ghost Fog appeared from Bijou's graveyard and destroyed Vanity's ruler. It then returned to the graveyard.
"No matter, I still have a monster left." said Kirika.
"Speaking of which," said Noretu, "Beta, attack the Mystic Swordsman." Noretu's monster goes in for the attack.
"Reveal my Book of Moon." said Oxnard, "I'll now use my book to flip down your Magnet Warrior."
Beta the Magnet Warrior is flipped down. "Harvest Angel.... I can attack Bijou directly, but if the Deckbreaker powers up that Mystic Swordsman... I won't pass this chance up. I want you to target the Mystic Swordsman." said Kirika.
"You sure about zat?" asked Bijou.
"What's that supposed to mean?"
"You're going to attack my partner instead of me, especially when I have no monsters? I guess I should be thankful..."
"Then be thankful. Harvest Angel, destroy the Mystic Swordsman."
Oxnard lost his monster <6850>. "I guess you didn't want Bijou after all..." said Noretu.
"With the way this duelist weilds Kuriboh, yeah right. I know about traps when I see... and hear them." said Kirika.
Too bad you didn't attack my anyway. thought Bijou.
"I got nothing left this turn." said Kirika.
"I'll place one card and one monster face down," said Noretu. "Our move is over."
 
Bijou and Oxnard draw. "You may move first zis time." said Bijou.
"One monster in defense mode and one card face down." Oxnard made his move. "Bijou?"
"I'll by using my Summon Cloud again and bring out my Cloudian - Sheep Cloud in defense mode (0/0). I'll now place a card down and we're done."
Kirika and Noretu draw. "Flipping time, baby. First, I'll flip back up my Beta the Magnet Warrior. Next, I'll flip up my Dice Jar..." Noretu had a smirk on his brow. "I saw how well you rolled against Petal last tournament when you used your Agido, Bijou, so let's see if you still have such good luck with the dice." A six-sided die was given to Noretu and Bijou.
"Be careful, Bijou!" yelled Cappy.
"Worry not about me, Cappy." reassured Bijou. "I saw how you dealt with your encounter with a Dice Jar, so I'm well aware of what might happen."
That's right. Boss thought. Roc Solid used the Dice Jar against Cappy last tournament. I would be concerned for Bijou, but Noretu pointed out her skilled rolling against Petal.
 
"Time to gamble for life points." said Noretu. "Dice roll."
"Dice roll." said Bijou.
Both duelists roll the dice. As each duelist rolled, Bijou hoped for the best. Bijou's die stopped first, "I roll a '3'." said Bijou.
Noretu's die stopped, then he laughed at the result. Everyone else gasped in horror, "I win with a '6' on the die." Noretu said and laughed.
"Shit..." Bijou swore under her breath. Not long after, a giant die fell from the sky, landing on top of Bijou. The face on the die reads '-6000' in response to the Dice Jar's effect <1750>.
"Ouch..." Cappy trailed off.
"Ouch indeed." said Noretu. "Now I'll sacrifice my Dice Jar and set this monster face down, then I'll set this card face down as well."
"I'll summon Nova Summoner (1400/800)." Kirika made her move. "Are you ready to attack?"
"I am." answered Noretu. "Bijou's life points are almost gone, so I'll leave her alone. Beta, attack the Deckbreaker's face down monster."
Oxnard's monster was attacked, but it was soon flipped up. "My Old Vindictive Magician will see that your Beta is destroyed." Oxnard said and his monster destroys Beta the Magnet Warrior, then it too is destroyed.
"Harvest Angel, direct attack on the Deckbreaker."
Oxnard takes the direct shot. "That was decent." he said <5050>.
"Nova Summoner, destroy the Sheep Cloudian."
Nova Summoner fires a beam, that splite Cloudian - Sheep Cloud in two. "And now my Cloudian Tokens defend my life points (0/0 x2)." said Bijou.
"Your move." said Noretu.
Bijou and Oxnard draw. "It's time to turn zis duel around." said Bijou.
"You said it." agreed Oxnard.
Both duelists look at their hands... "You want first, or should I?"
"I'll go. Come on out, Drillriod (1600/1600)."
"I'll sacrifice both of my Cloudian Tokens and summon Cloudian - Nimbusman (1000/1000). Since two monsters were tributed for my Nimbusman, he gets two fog counters. And each fog counter on ze field gives him 500 ATK points (2000 ATK). Attack when you're ready."
"Sure thing, Bijou. Drillriod, attack Noretu's monster." Drilliod goes in for the attack.
"I'll back that attack up with my face down Mystical Space Typhoon, to destroy that trap card you have."
"I'll block that with Magic Drain." said Kirika.
"Oh poo, I don't have any spells to discard." Bijou felt a bit sad.
"No matter, his monster's still going down." said Oxnard.
"Not exactly, Because my Mirror Force want a say in this." said Noretu as he activates his trap, destroying Drillroid.
"Nimbusman, attack her Harvest Angel of Wisdom." Bijou went in for the shot."
Kirika lost her monster. "It's about time you did something." she said <7300>.
"I did somezing, and it counts."
"You're right, it does count. Since my monster died in battle and went to the graveyard, I can add my Magic Drain to my hand from my graveyard." Kirika resolves this effect.
"I would like some more cards." said Oxnard.
"Same here, which is why I'll now play Card of Sanctity 2."
"Sweet, that works for everyone." said Noretu.
 
All duelists draw until each of them have six cards in their hand. "I hope this gave you better cards than me, all I can play is my Cloudian Squall spell." said Bijou.
"Well then, let's do it like this... Card Destruction." said Oxnard.
Upon hearing this, Noretu laughed. "Fool, you really messed up." he said.
"Nice bluff, tough guy."
"Really, well let me show you then."
"I hope you have something good, because this hurts me." said Kirika.
"Don't worry, this'll be real good."
As Kirika and Noretu discard their hands, two monsters appear on Noretu's side of the field (1500/0).
"Elephant statues....." Oxnard trailed off.
"Aw man, I'm having flashbacks." said Cappy.
"Good, or bad?" asked Bijou.
"Not pleasant ones, especially with those guys."
"Isn't that the Elephant Statue of Disaster?" asked Sandy.
"No, it's two Elepahnt Statues of Disaster." Bijou answered.
"Crap, I messed up bad." said Oxnard.
"That's right." said Noretu. "I heard about this monster from the tournament. Apparently some Roc Solid used it, so I figured I would grab some as spare cards. Now Beastmaster, won't you do us the honor of explaining these statues to everyone, Kirika has no idea on how they work?"
 
Cappy sighs, then begins to explain. "The Elephant Statue of Disaster, when discarded to the graveyard by your opponent's card effect, deals 2000 damage to the opponent."
"And since two of them were discared by you, Deckbreaker, you lose a lot of life points. So my Elephants, how about some rain?"
The Elephant Statues of Disaster sprayed water from their trunks high into the air. "I can't watch this...." Said Cappy as he turned away.
"Turn around and face it, Cappy." said Boss. "Even if it is going to be painful to watch."
Cappy turned around. "Of course, Boss..."
As the rain fell, it turned into flaming meteors that buried Oxnard <1050>. Noretu laughed as Oxnard. "Some deckbreaker you are, you've broken yourself and your teammate." said Noretu. "It's sad that you managed to win against us... but then again, you didn't duel me anyhoo. Not that it mattered, I'm beating you now anyway."
"Are you okay, mon ami?" asked Bijou as she helped Oxnard out of the rubble.
"I'm gonna feel that one tonight." Oxnard answered. "I did enough for the turn, so it's all on you."
Bijou looked at her hand. "I'm done as well."
"Too bad I'm not." said Noretu. "It's time to play the Destiny Board." and Noretu's trap was activated. "Since this is the end of your turn, I can pull a letter of this message. And I will pull Spirit Message 'A' and play it on the field from my deck." Noretu resolves this effect and shuffles his deck.
"Hold on a minute." said Maxwell. "Something's wrong with your message."
"There's nothing wrong with my Destiny Board, except that it's not fully spelled." Noretu cleared up the confusion.
"Actually, your Destiny Board trap card is all wrong."
"Not really."
"Really, really."
 
Maxwell searches his cards. "Maxwell's right, the Destiny Board trap card has an 'F' on it, but yours has a 'D' instead." said Sandy.
"Yeah, I have the same card right here." and Maxwell shows his Destiny Board trap card, which has the "F" on it.
Kirika and Noretu draw. "True, the Destiny Board has an 'F' on it, but this isn't the game release." said Noretu. "The version you have is fine, but the version I have..." and Noretu spells out the Destiny Board.
The hams were shocked. "It spells, 'DEATH'...." Pashmina trailed off.
"Exactly." Noretu said and began to laugh. "The common verson of the Spirit Message spells 'FINAL', but the original version of this message spells 'DEATH', just like it spells now."
"Please tell me you have something to stop that." said Bijou.
"Believe me, I wish I did." said Oxnard.
"Too bad." said Noretu. "Since Bijou is using the new monsters, I can't say that she's been beaten. You on the other hand, Deckbreaker, I can say is beaten. Destiny Board, kill them!"
 
The spirits that spelled out the Spirit Message began to swirl around, then they created one huge spirit that ended up passing through Oxnard, then Bijou. Once both of their life points hit Zero, Bijou and Oxnard fell to the ground. Pashmina and Boss ran over to Bijou and Oxnard, all the while as Noretu and Kirika were laughing at the gang. "What a waste, such a pitiful dueling strategy for a two minute deck. And I was told to worry about you, Bijou." said Kirika.
"Let's go, they have hamsters to attend to." said Noretu as he began to walk off.
"Right." Kirika walked off with Noretu.
"You're gonna pay for what you did to them." said Hamtaro.
"And who's gonna stop us, a loser duelist like you?" questioned Noretu.
"Get real, Seifa gave you your proper beatdown." said Kirika. "You better go home to cry because your skills are so bad."
"One down, three to go. Your defeat will come, 'Dino Girl'... oh yes, it'll come."