Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Duel Hams: Duelists of the Clubhouse ❯ duel of the dragon lords ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

After the white out, Jam woke up to find that he was in a land of red sand. "This isn't familiar ground at all." he said as he looked around. Suddenly a loud roar was heard. "What was that?" Jam's answer was soon shown as he saw a gold and black dragon flying in the sky. Needing nothing more, he followed this dragon. You lead and I will pursue. he thought as he ran after the dragon. After a long run, Jam found himself at what appeared to be a temple, where he saw the flying dragon vanish. As he walked up to the temple, he noticed stone effigies of many dragons. Interesting. he thought as he entered.
 
Once inside, the door slammed shut behind him. "Whoa.... not zesty." Jam shook his head. "No return, I guess... And onward I go." As he ventured further, more dragonic effigies appeared along the walls. Still, Jam pressed on through the temple where he came upon a room. After entering, the door slammed shut behind him. "Okay, this is becoming to original." Jam said. He then stepped into an area that was in the form of a circle. But in doing so, the Five God Dragon Card reacted and was removed from his fusion deck. "My dragon...."
"So, you are the one known as the true Dragon Lord." a vioce said unto him.
Jam turned to the direction of this unfamiliar voice. "Wherever you are, show yourself." he responded.
"As you wish."
 
Then, across from him appeared that same gold and black dragon. It soon entered the area where Jam stood and these grounds began to activate. "You might want to explain yourself." Jam said.
The dragon stood before Jam and began to explain. "I am the Felgrand Dragon, the Dragonic Lord of Dragons."
"A Dragon Lord of Dragons, impressive."
"I will not have another being with my name, for I am the true Lord of Dragons. However, if you feel that you are worthy of this name, then you will prove it to me in contest."
"O-kay, so you want a duel. Fine, but why is the Five God over there?"
"If your are worthy of my name, then you will face me without this dragon. Now let this duel commence."
 
With this, Jam began his duel against Felgrand Dragon. "Well than, Felgrand Dragon... uh, could I call you Felgrand?" Jam began.
"You may." the dragon spoke.
"What is the point of this duel?"
"So that you have proven to the dragons themselves that you are, who you are believed to be. And I will not be ruled by one who is unworthy."
"Well, you've got me all wrong."
"We shall see. I will begin with Card Destruction."
"Lovely."
Both duelists discard and draw new hands. Felgrand continues. "One monster in defense position and that ends my turn."
Jam draws. "I summon Cyberdark Edge (800/800). Edge, activate Dragon Dive." Jam's monster goes into his graveyard. "When summoned, Cyberdark Edge and dive into my graveyard and search out a low leveled dragon of three stars or lower and attatch iself to it. But only one dragon exists like that, my Exploder Dragon." Cyberdark Edge retrns to the field attatched to Exploder Dragon. "The 1000 ATK points of Exploder Dragon are added to the ATK of of Cyberdark Edge (1800 ATK), now I will attack directly."
"What?" and Felgrand Dragon takes a direct shot.
"When attacking like this, it only damages for half of its strength, so you only lose 900 life points."
"Interesting." <7100>
Felgrand draws. "I activate Foolish Burial. This spell allows me to send one monster in my deck to the graveyard." Felgrand resolves this effect. "Next, I will flip summon my Spear Cretin (500/500). When flipped, Spear Cretin allows us to special summon a monster from our graveyard in attack mode, or face down. I will bring out Darkblaze Dragon." Felgrand's monster appears in a flash of fire (1200/1000).
"That's not so bad." said Jam.
"Wrong," Felgrand clears up, "for when Darkblaze Dragon is summoned from the graveyard, it's ATK and DEF double (2400/2000)."
"O-kay, I'll defend with this monster." Jam places a monster face down.
"I will now sacrifice Spear Cretin for Horus the Black Flame Dragon."
"You've gotta be kidding me..."
 
But Felgrand Dragon wasn't and there stood Horus against Jam (2300/1600). Okay, that's not cool. thought Jam.
"Darkblaze Dragon, attack Cyberdark Edge." Felgrand commanded.
And Jam's monster was attacked <7400>. "Well, that hits, but as you can see, Exploder Dragon was destroyed. Which makes my monster return to its original attack points (800 ATK)." Jam said.
"Horus, destroy his Cyberdark Edge."
"Sweet...." and Jam lost another monster <5900>.
"One card face down and now it's time for Horus to level up."
This is not happening....
But it was. And for the first time in his life, Jam was now facing the full power of Horus the Black Flame Dragon (3000/1800). "I guess this is how it feels to finally face you, Horus. The very feeling of those whom I've dueled in the past and used Horus on, I now feel what they have felt."
"As you should." said Horus. "Now, you must learn to face what you have once made others face. But know that this is only the beginning."
Jam draws. "So much for using spells.... One card and one monster in defense, and that's my turn."
Felgrand Draws. "I play Mystical Space Typhoon on the card you just set."
"Damn." Jam saw his Mirror Force trap card destroyed.
"Darkblaze Dragon, attack the monster he just set." Felgrand commanded and the monster was destroyed (700/800).
"When my Troop Dragon dies in battle, I can replace it with another in my deck." said Jam as he began searching for another Troop Dragon.
"No matter, Darkblaze Dragon deals piercing damage."
"Man, this is unreal..." <4300> and Jam places his second Troop Dragon on the field.
"Horus, destroy his face down monster." Felgrand continued his attack and Jam lost another monster.
Jam draws. "I know I can play this, Card of Sanctity 2."
"Yes, I need cards as well." and both duelists draw six cards. And his end is now complete. Felgrand Dragon was ready to win.
"Now I'll play Double Summon."
Felgrand looked upon Horus. "What say you, should this spell pass?"
"I will allow it." the Black Flame Dragon answered.
"Now I have two summons this turn. I have no choice, so let's go for broke. I sacrifice my Troop Dragon and summon the White Horns Dragon."
 
With this, the White Horns Dragon appeared before Jam (2200/1400). "I know this is a random wager here, but I get to remove spells in your graveyard from play."
"No matter, there are only three of them." Felgrand said.
"Well remove all of them from play, White Horns."
Three spells lifted from the graveyard of the Felgrand Dragon and their power was taken from the game. Jam continued. "With three spells removed, my dragon gains 900 extra ATK points (3100 ATK)."
"Not like it will help you, reveal my Bottomless Trap Hole."
"No, not my White Horns..." and it was gone. Jam shook his head, "White Horns, I... forgive me."
"You have one summon left." reminded Horus.
Jam looked at his hand. "I place one card face down and summon Gray Wing to end my turn." and Jam ended his move (1300/700).
Felgrand draws. "I play A Wingbeat of Giant Dragon."
"And I thought this duel couldn't get any worse..."
"Darkblaze Dragon, return to me and destroy his defenses." With this play, Jam's three face down cards were destroyed and his Gray Wing was left alone to face Horus. Felgrand continued his move. "Summoning Herald of Creation (1800/600). I will use her effect and discard a card in my hand, so I may return a high powered monster from my graveyard to my hand." This effect was resolved. "Now I will place one card down and attack with my Herald of Creation."
"This is gonna hurt." said Jam as he saw his dragon destroyed <3800>.
"Horus, direct attack!"
Yup, Horus hurts. The blow from Horus knocked jam against the barrier of the dueling field, then he fell to his back <800>.
"This is the so-called true Dragon Lord, what a shame. Now move."
This is bad. I have a spell I can't activate and a monster that won't survive. Normally, any regular duelist would just quit after this, but I still have my draw phase. Well, here goes. Jam draws. "I'll set this card down and place one monster on the defense and that's my turn."
"What a shame, it seems that I was wrong about you after all...." Felgrand draws. "Snipe Hunter in attack mode (1500/600). Now I will activate this monster's Snipe Blaster." A six-sided die appears. "Once rolled, the result will determine what I can destroy. If the result isn't a '1', or '6', you can kiss your face down trap goodbye. Snipe Blaster, activate." Felgrand Dragon discards a card, then rolls the die that results in a "5". "Snipe Blaster, destroy his set card, then destroy his face down monster."
 
In one shot, Jam's monster and set card were destroyed. All that was heard was the cry of his fallen Petit Dragon. "Herald of Creation, attack for the win." and with a blast from her scepter, Jam lost the duel.
Even in defeat, with closed eyes and all, Jam smiles. "Sometimes, it feels good to lose." he said.
The Felgrand Dragon was appauled. "This is your power, your power that many have lost to? Horrible." it said. "You are not worthy of being the true Dragon Lord, and you will never be this title in my eyes."
"Maybe not in your eyes, but I'm content with it. Despite my loss to you, I still am a great duelist."
"True, but from this day forward, you are no longer the Dragon Lord. Now I will return you to your present world, in your present time. Your memory of this duel will be purged from your mind, but you will remember that you no longer have the title of Dragon Lord, because you lost it in a duel."
 
 
After this, all things fade to white.