Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Duel Hams: Duelists of the Clubhouse ❯ changing the game ( Chapter 27 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Howdy wasn't getting too much progress on his deck. "Man, this sucks. It's hard trying to duel with this deck, I want my cards back." he said. "But in order to get them back, I'll probably have to face Jam and win. He did say if he was beaten, we could get our cards back." He continued to walk on his way. "And look at that, the one who can solution my problems." and Howdy ran towards Pegasus.
Hmm... I have quite the problem on my hands, stuff is going out far too quickly as planned. Pegasus was lost in thought.
"Pegasus!" Howdy yells.
Pegasus turns to see Howdy. "Well, Howdy boy. And to what do I owe this encounter?"
"Let's just say you need to come up with more monsters for certain types of cards." Howdy began. "You've got some interesting card types, but they have only a few cards that are good while the others of the same type suck."
"Yes, it's hard making good plant-type monsters. But I do have some new ones coming out."
"Plants will always suck, I'm referring to the lack of thunder monsters in the game. You have some good ones, but thunder is only great in certain cards... some are nice, but thunder needs more power to them. Make some more ass-kicker thunder monsters."
"What's wrong with The Creator and Sanga?"
"You need more powerhouses in thunder, only four level seven thunder monsters, one of them fusion, and a guy can only do so much with the crappy ensemble of low level thunder types."
"You should learn how to make do with what's in the game."
"You should put more time into thunder monsters instead of adding more grace to staple types. Listen to the ones who make you rich for a change."
 
Pegasus wasn't happy with Howdy at all. "You've got a lot of nerve talking to me in such a rude manner. Especially coming from someone who doesn't have a deck based on thunder-type monsters."
"Any decent duelist can't make a deck of thunder monsters, because the lot of them suck. And you can only do so much with the Battermen cards, you know."
"And what if I don't make more thunder-type monsters?"
"Then there's gonna be hell to pay."
Pegasus took a look into Howdy's eyes, he was serious. He then smirked and started to walk away. "I make more monsters based on the current ones that duelists are using. But I haven't run into any decent duelist in the thunder type-"
"Stop walking away and deal with this problem." Howdy cuts off Pegasus.
Pegasus turned around at a safe distance to Howdy. "Problem, yes." he responds to Howdy. "In fact, let's settle this problem right now." and Pegasus removes his coat, showing off that duel armor again.
"Whoa, I wasn't expecting that." Howdy admits.
"Ready your duel disk, boy. Because things are earned and not given."
"Fine by me." and Howdy activates his duel disk.
Pegasus activates his duel armor. "I'll do you like this, win a duel against me and I will make more thunder monsters to your liking. Hell, I'll even let you see the production of the monsters and lend them to you for sanctioned play. But lose and you will surrender your current deck and duel with one that I give you."
"Deal."
"Then let's begin... And for your sake, you better give it everything you can muster. I want no complaints when you lose."
"Same here, and I'll go first."
"Go ahead."
 
Both Pegasus and Howdy draw their hands and Howdy his sixth card, beginning this duel. You will rule the day you disrespect me like that, Commander Charge. Pegasus thought. The deck I have on me now is a deck that only few have faced, but only two have beaten. Only Duelist Ham and Jam were able to counter this deck, let's see if you can join their ranks.
"Time to get it on." said Howdy. "I'll set one card face down and summon Thunder Nyan Nyan (1900/800). Your Move."
Pegasus draws. "I'll set one monster in defense position and three cards face down. Your move."
Howdy draws. "I'll summon Elemental Hero Sparkman (1600/1400). Time to get rid of your monster, but ladies go first."
Thunder Nyan Nyan drums on her drums and a bolt of lightning falls from the sky and onto Pegasus' monster. As this happens, the monster is revealed. "Is that a.... sponge?" asked Howdy.
"I like your sarcasm." answered Pegasus. "This is my Giant Germ. And since you've sent it to the graveyard, this oversized pathogen takes 500 of your life points." The Giant Germ explodes, sending its spores straight at Howdy and damaging his life points in the process <7500>. "But that's not all. Using its effect, I can special summon more in attack mode, but I will only bring out one (1000/100)." Pegasus shuffles his deck.
 
"Lovely, now I can damage your life points. Sparkman, attack!"
And Pegasus saw his second Germ destroyed <7400>. "Keep in mind what my Giant Germ does."
Howdy took some more spores <7000>. "Eh, give and take to me."
"Yes, and I will get my third Giant Germ." Pegasus plays his last Giant Germ, then shuffles his deck.
"My turn's over."
Pegasus draws. "I'll switch my giant Germ into defense mode, then reveal my favorite card. It's time... for Toon World!" And Pegasus now has his favorite card active <6400>. "Ah, how I love my Toon World. Now, it's time for me to begin having some fun. But first, I'll set one dard face down and end my turn."
Howdy draws. "Sweet. It'll cost me a little life, but at least I'll have lead in the end. Sparkman, attack his last Giant Germ." Howdy saw the last Giant Germ get destroyed by Elemental Hero Sparkman's electricity, but the spores still took their toll on Howdy <6500>. "If this is your way of actually dueling, then you're nuts. I'll win this duel easy, despite your sad attempts at a stall deck."
"Oh no......" Pegasus said sarcastically."
"Now, let's have some lightning. You know what to do, Nyan Nyan." Thunder Nyan Nyan begins drumming.
"Reveal my Fires of Doomsday."
 
Pegasus activates his quick-play spell as the lightning came down. But instead of hitting Pegasus, the bolt of lightning was engulfed in black flames, then appeared two beings on Pegasus' side of the field (0/0 x2). "What the hell are those?" asked Howdy.
"Doomsday Tokens." Pegasus answered. "When these two come out on the field, I can't summon for the turn. Which makes sense to only summon them on your opponent's turn anyway. They appeared from my Fires of Doomsday spell."
"They don't look like much."
"No, but they do come to defend me. And speaking of which, you did destroy one." One of the monster tokens is destroyed.
"Stall decks.... my turn's over."
Pegasus draws. "I'll sacrifice my Doomsday Token, and in doing so, you must summon a dark monster, like my Toon Dark Magician Girl." and the first of Pegasus' many caricatures appears on the field (2000/1700).
"Toon Dark Magician Girl... why haven't you made a Toon Dark Magician?"
"Because I don't know how to animate his incredible power. Luckily for you, my toon can't attack you this turn. So I'll hand things over to you now."
Howdy draws. "Since you want to bring out new cards, I think I will bring out a new card too. Allow me to introduce to you, The Calculator." Howdy's new monster appears on the field (?/0). "The Calculator is a newcomer to my Full Charge Assault, and a very tricky individual to boot. The bad news is that my Nyan Nyan and Sparkman can't touch the 'Dark Magic Understudy', but that's where this monster comes into play."
"Is that so?" Pegasus sounds somewhat impressed.
"Take a look at the forehead screen of my monster, more importantly, the 'x300' shown. The ATK points of The Calculator increases by the total level of all my monsters times 300. Counting itself, the total level of all my monsters is ten, giving The Calculator 3000 ATK points, more than enough to put your toon in her place (3000 ATK). Calculator, let's subtract some of Pegasus' life points." Howdy's monster fires bolts of lightning from its fingers at Toon Dark Magician Girl.
"Reveal Negate Attack."
 
Pegasus' trap card warps space and the attack comes to an end. "Hmf, so you saved her this round, you won't do it again." said Howdy.
"Perhaps," said Pegasus, "but are you done?"
"Two cards face down and that ends my turn."
Pegasus draws. "Now, let's see what you've got. Howdy boy, I think I'll give you a hand as I play Card of Sanctity 2. Let's have some more cards, unless you're stopping it."
"Why, it helps me out as well?" Both players draw until their hands have six cards in them.
"Now, I'll summon Dark Crusader." and Pegasus summons another new monster (1600/200).
"Not this time, reveal my Bottomless Trap Hole." Howdy plays his trap.
"Good card, but I have one better, Dark Illusion. This trap card negates your attempt to target my monster and destroys your trap."
"Whoa, nice play."
"Now to activate the effect of my Dark Crusader. I will now discard this card from my hand, and in return...." Pegasus' monster reacts to this (2000 ATK). "400 extra ATK points for my Dark Crusader. But there's more, because I discarded Broww, Huntsman of Dark World. And his effect lets me draw a card once he's discarded to the graveyard by a card effect." Pegasus draws. "I'll set these three cards face down and end my turn."
Howdy saw what was going on. That Dark Crusader is bad news if Pegasus can discard cards to boost its strength. he thought. But what makes that effect deadly was that he discarded a Dark World monster, who chain when discarded by card effects. In addition to playing Card of Sanctity 2, he probably has more Dark World monsters in his hand and that can mean big trouble if Sillva and Goldd are discarded. Even with that boost, The Calculator is still stronger than both of those monsters, but the three face down cards he just set may be traps.
"Tick, tock, Howdy boy." taunts Pegasus. "Don't be scared to move."
Howdy draws. "Since you want to boost up monsters, I will do some boosting myself. I play Blue Thunder T-45." A spacecraft flies in and appears on Howdy's side of the field (1700/1000). "And since this monster has four levels, The Calculator gains more ATK points (4200). I'll now place Thunder Nyan Nyan and Elemental Hero Sparkman in defense mode and end my turn."
"You should've attacked this turn."
"Yeah right, so I can fall for your traps? No thanks."
"The sad part is that you already fell for my traps."
"Excuse me?"
Pegasus draws. "And here we go, I'll summon Ryu-Kishin Clown (800/500)."
"I should be scared of that? What a waste."
 
"Howdy, that's your last spoken piece of shit. So I will begin with the ability of my Clown. When summoned, he can change the battle position of a face-up monster on the field, like your Calculator."
Howdy switches The Calculator into defense position. "Go on."
"Not it's time for me to reveal my Crush Card Virus."
"Crush Card.... oh shit."
"Damn right, and I needed a dark monster with 1000 ATK points or less to sacrifice, which my clown fits naturally." Ryu-Kishin Clown soon dies, dispersing the virus.
Elemental Hero Sparkman and Thunder Nyan Nyan begin choking. "My monsters.... they're too strong....." Howdy's Blue Thunder T-45 crumbles away and turns into fodder, then his two human monsters are destroyed soon after. "Not good, Crush Card affects strong monsters."
"That's right, Howdy boy. And this effect lasts for three turns, making all of your monsters on the field and in your hand with 1500 or more offense points disease ridden and they are sent to the graveyard."
"My hand too?"
"Yes, now let's see what's in your hand."
"Here, look." Howdy shows his hand to Pegasus.
"Well, that only leaves you with two cards. One spell and your Batteryman AA." Pegasus chuckles.
"Tell me about it." and Howdy discards all of his hand except for those two cards.
"But look, my Crush Card has also taken its toll on your Calculator. With those lovely levels gone, The Calculator doesn't pose much of a threat at all."
"Lovely." (600 ATK)
"The perils of the sword are dangerous. Speaking of which, I'll discard for Dark Crusader. But the card I discard is one that will leave its mark on you as well, it's Sillva, Warlord of Dark World (2400 ATK)."
 
After Dark Crusader boosted up, Pegasus' discarded monster appeared on the attack (2300/1400). I knew he had another Dark World monster. thought Howdy.
"It's time to attack you Howdy, so I hope you can stop him."
"Not like I can."
"You're right, you can't. Sillva, you attack first." Sillva goes in for the attack.
"I play Sakuretsu Armor."
"And this is where I'm going to Chain my Deck Devistation Virus."
"Fuck, you're kidding me!"
Sillva, Warlord of Dark World is effected by Pegasus' second virus, which in turn sickens The Calculator and the Batteryman AA in Howdy's hand. "Look at that, I made you waste a trap card and got rid of your monster at the same time." said Pegasus. "If this is how you planned on getting your way, you certainly need to learn how to approach things better."
"I can't believe this shit." said Howdy.
"Don't get mad because you're the bitch of my cards. Now for my Toon Dark Magician Girl to attack you with Dark Toon Burning."
Howdy took the shot <4500>. "Man, those virus cards are nasty."
"And I'll discard the last card in my hand to boost my Dark Crusader even further (2800 ATK). And so you know, I discarded the Dark Magician, which boosts my Toon Dark Magician girl also (2300 ATK). Your turn."
"Right."
"And remember that you're under both Crush Card and Deck Devistation Viruses. So if you draw a monster, it's destroyed no matter what its ATK points are... and I get to see the card as well."
Howdy draws the card. "Take a look, it's a trap, which I plan on setting down."
"Well before you do, I will activate my Eradicator Epidemic Virus."
Howdy was shocked. "Another Virus?"
"Oh yeah. So let me explain all of them to you: Crush Card Virus requires a dark monster of 1000 ATK points or less, which destroys all monsters on my opponent's side of the field, in my opponent's hand and when the opponent draws for three whole turns after activation; Deck Devistation Virus requires a dark monster of 2000 ATK points or more, which destroys all monsters on my opponent's side of the field, in my opponent's hand and when the opponent draws for three whole turns after activation; and finally is my Eradicator Epidemic Virus. This one targets spell or trap cards, whichever one I choose, that my opponent has active or set on the field, in their hand and when they draw for three turns after activation. But it requires a dark monster of 2500 ATK or more."
"And Dark Crusader is 2800 ATK points, more than enough to use the virus."
 
"Having one of the Virus cards is troublesome, two of the Virus cards is problematic, but all three virus cards.... that combination is fatal."
Howdy discards his trap card and his set trap card on the field. "That deck... it's.... it's illegal."
"I assure you, only one copy of each virus is in this deck. But what this deck is... it can be described in two words."
"Burn deck."
"No, BLACK PLAGUE! Your cards are all just about disease written, you can only play spells at this time."
Howdy fell to his knees. "Decks like that should be banned.... even though it's perfectly legal... my Assault, it couldn't do anything, nothing at all."
"You still have a move to end."
In two turns, Toon Dark Magician Girl will wipe out the rest of my life points. And since I can't play monsters in that two turns to defend myself, I'm pretty much done like dinner. Howdy thought. What are the odds of me pulling a spell that can save my ass in two turns? Dammit, this isn't fair... and Howdy begins to cry.
"Does this mean I can move now?" asked Pegasus.
"There's no point in that, I've already lost." Howdy answered.
"If you're going to surrender, then drop to all fours and bark like a dog. Bark and howl like the obedient dog that I've turned you into... That's how you can surrender to me."
"You're mad, I won't ever do that."
"Then stand up and finish your move. Get up, already!"
I...... I....... Then Howdy did it, he began barking and howling like a dog. He felt hurt, but he felt he had no other choice. He knew he lost, so he decided to take it this way as to stomach his pride.
Pegasus shook his head. "I can't believe you actually did this. I expected you to stand and take your loss like a real man. But since you want to act like a dog instead of a duelist, then I'll put you down like the dog that you are." He draws his next card. "Giant Orc, come forth (2200/0)."
 
Howdy saw Pegasus' newly summoned monster. "I knew I wouldn't last two turns."
"Then how come you didn't stand to face it, even with no other monster to defend yourself?"
"Because It's against my pride. I did this to swallow my pride instead of being stubborn and facing this loss the hard way."
"There's a difference in swallowing pride and what you've done in not standing up, losing dignity. 'One should never sacrifice dignity over pride, for this is the action of fools.' Now my monsters, put him down!"
Both of Pegasus' monsters atack Howdy while he's down on all fours, ending the duel. Pegasus shook his head in disgust at Howdy, "I expected you to duel with your dignity, even Jam dueled with his dignity and managed to survive my plague. Because he refused to lose his dignity, he managed to win the duel. No duelist who duels with my deck will bark like a dog. But since you would rather give up your dignity instead of your pride, you will not spread this Black Plague. I will lend you the deck that you will use tomorrow, just as we agreed."
"I guess so. I'll make sure to never forget what I've learned from you after all."
"You have a lot more to learn than just not to disrespect your opponents. I already know where to find you, so I'll see you then."
 
Pegasus went into the restricted area of the fun park. There was a specific booth he had with a camera and a live screen. In a way this pains me to do, but I must keep these duelists on their toes. he thought as he typed on the computer. Even now, I must continue to make things interesting... and with the challenge of the Blue-Eyes in effect, things will only continue to get interesting. After the typing, one mouse click was all that was needed and everything is set in stone. Meanwhile, Cappy and Petal are enjoying their outing. "It's good that we managed to get away from Sparkle, now we can have our personal time together." said Petal.
"You said it." agreed Cappy.
But when these two take a seat, they saw that the monitor in their view, as well as every monitor in the fun park, showed Pegasus' mug shot. "Greetings again, fellow duelists. It is yours truly, Pegasus J. Crawford." the card creator began. "One thing that I must do is keep on my toes, and hearing about so many recent events has only added to quite the quick development of this incredible game. And as such, I must keep you on your toes as well, just as you've kept me on mine.
 
"And now to my point. I wanted to save this for later, but the game speaks for itself... or at least it does to me. With that, I am now going to make sure that all of the strategies are changed. And to do so.... the ban list must be altered." Every monitor in the fun park pans into the ban list. "This ban list goes into effect immediately. So before you as duelists buy any additional cards, you better look at this list. And if you can't reach a monitor, I have this ban list updated on my website... Let the madness begin!"
"It's out already, this is waaaaay too early." said Cappy.
"Who cares, I just saw something I've been waiting for." said Petal.
"Heke?"
"Monster Reborn is back in the game."
"You're kidding me."
 
Boss and Hamtaro were checking out the ban list as well. "Breaker's banned again? No fair!" said Boss.
"So is the Magician of Faith." added Hamtaro.
"And we have problems...."
"Why do you say that?"
"Jinzo is now open season."
"Oh shit....."
And the new ban list reads as follows:
 
Forbidden Cards
 
Black Luster Soldier-Envoy of the Beginning
Breaker the Magical Warrior
Butterfly Dagger-Elma
Call of the Haunted
Change of Heart
Chaos Emperor Dragon-Envoy of the End
Chaos Sorceror
Confiscation
Cyber Jar
Dark Hole
Delinquent Duo
Exchange of the Spirit
Fiber Jar
Graceful Charity
Harpie's Feather Duster
Imperial Order
Last Turn
Last Will
Magical Scientest
Magician of Faith
Makyura the Destructor
Metamorphosis
Mirage of Nightmare
Obelisk the Tormentor
Painful Choice
Pot of Greed
Raigeki
Ring of Destruction
Sinister Serpent
Slifer the Sky Dragon
Snatch Steal
The Forceful Sentry
Thousand-Eyes Restrict
Time Seal
Tribe-Infecting Virus
Tsukyomi
Victory Dragon
Winged Dragon of Ra
Witch of the Black Forest
Yata-Garasu
 
One card only
 
Advanced Ritual Art
Brain Control
Card Destruction
Card Trooper
Ceasefire
Chain Strike
Crush Card Virus
D.D. Warrior Lady
Dark Magician of Chaos
Defender of the Forest, Green Baboon
Destiny Hero - Disk Commander
Dimension Fusion
Elemental Hero Stratos
Exodia (all pieces)
Fissure
Future Fusion
Giant Trunade
Gold Sarcophagus
Gravity Bind
Heavy Storm
Level Limit-Area B
Limiter Removal
Magic Cylinder
Marshmallon
Megamorph
Mind Crush
Mirror Force
Monster Reborn
Morphing Jar
Mystical Space Typhoon
Neo-Spacian Grand Mole
Night Assailant
Nobleman of Crossout
Ojama Trio
Overload Fusion
Premature Burial
Raiza the Storm Monarch
Sangan
Scapegoat
Smashing Ground
Snipe Hunter
Spirit Reaper
Swords of Revealing Light
The Transmigration Prophecy
Torrential Tribute
Trap Dustshoot
Treeborn Frog
Twin-Headed Behemoth
Ultimate Offering
United We Stand
Wall of Revealing Light
 
Two cards only
 
Book of Moon
Cyber Dragon
Destiny Hero - Malicious
Foolish Burial
Mage Power
Magical Stone Excavation
Light and Darkness Dragon
Manticore of Darkness
Mask of Darkness
Necroface
Reinforcement of the Army
Royal Decree
 
Hell is about to break loose.....
 
===============================================
 
As I've mentioned before, fellow readers/duelists, I go by this very list. It's the "Advanced Format" of the game and for us humans, it goes into effect March 1, 2008. Now if you'll excuse me, I have decks to change.