Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Duel Hams: Duelists of the Clubhouse ❯ one hell of a duel pt. 2 ( Chapter 29 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Last chapter, many duelists were starting to get used to the newly enforced ban list. Two of which were Hamtaro and Boss, who had just finished modifying their decks. But not long after, Boss was challenged by Rufus and then Max. But being the good friend that he is, Hamtaro stepped in to help out Boss. As these two were about to get things started, Seifa and Noretu show up and get in on this duel, but they weren't alone. Pepper soon showed up, along with a friend who looks similar to one of Necrophade Black's own and all eight of them went Duo Duel style.
 
Of course, this duel is being watched by many in the fun park, including Petal and Cappy, who somewhat explains the set-up of this interesting new style of dueling. Despite being new to this style, Kylia and Pepper managed to start things off quite well, as did Hamtaro and Boss. But a suprising move by Rufus and Max quickly changed the outcome of the duel. Despite only being in the second rotation of the duel, scores have been affect fairly: Boss is currently trailing in the duel with 4500 life points, Hamtaro's looking in better shape with 7300 life points; Rufus has 5900 life points, but two monsters that can hold their own. Max on the other hand has 7600 life points and currently holds the Chaos Command Magician, which is the stronges monster on their side of the field; Seifa, like Hamtaro, has 7300 life points, while his partner Noretu has yet to take damage and holds the strongest monster in play, Valkyrion the Magna Warrior; Lastly are Pepper and Kylia who have no monsters in play. Pepper has 5500 life points while Kylia has 6600 life points. Though each of the girls have only two cards in their hand, they are lucky as it is now their turn. So let's return to the dueling action.
 
====================================================
 
Kylia was a bit scared, but Pepper showed no fear at all. This is bad, if we don't get any monsters on the field, we're gonna be at everyone's mercy. thought Kylia. But I don't have anything that can defend against that Magna Warrior.
Pepper laughed, "Hoo wee, this is a fun duel." she said happily.
"How can you say this is fun, we're in trouble?" asked Kylia.
"I've learned a new style and I'm going pretty well for my first time. It's like losing your virginity."
"But I haven't had sex yet."
"I went your dueling virginity. When you have your very first duel, you're losing your dueling virginity, Kylia. The point is to relax and have fun when you duel."
"But..."
"Girl, you've got a lot to learn. It reminds me of when I teamed up with Penelope in the last tournament. She was so worried for most of the duel, but I showed her that even worried duelists can be great as long as you relax.
 
"Duels should be thrilling, not scary. Even if things look bad, you gotta pull through."
"Hurry up and draw!" yelled Seifa. "I have conquest to deal out and you're keeping me from making my move."
"Relax already, I need to help out my girls." Pepper shot back at Seifa, then turned to Kylia. "Come on, we have to show all the girls out there that we can hold our own. Trust me, we'll be okay."
Kylia looked into Pepper's eyes. "Okay, let's do it." said Kylia.
"Alrighty then, let's have our draw."
"About damn time." said Noretu.
Pepper and Kylia draw. "One monster in defense position for me." said Kylia.
Pepper looked at her hand. "Okay, let's have a little fun. I summon Amazoness Swords Woman (1500/1600)." Pepper made her play.
What is she doing, that Amazon can't stand up to Valkyrion. She's nuts! thought Kylia.
"Anything else you wanna do this turn, girlfriend?"
"No, I'm good."
"Same here. And now you can have your turn, Red."
Hey Rufus, did Pepper use that broad against you last duel? asked Max in preminition.
No. Rufus answered in preminition. But as beefy as this one is, she's probably just as annoying as the Amazoness Fighter.
"You wenches are a joke, especially the Amazon weilding one." said Seifa.
"Leave her to me, take the magical bitch down." said Noretu.
"I do owe her for last turn." Seifa draws with Noretu. "Before we get down to business, I will activate Hand Destruction."
"What the hell...." said Hamtaro.
"Hand Destruction is more sensible than Card Destruction. This spell has each player discarding two cards instead of the whole hand." Seifa explains.
"But I only have one card in my hand." said Rufus.
"Then discard it and draw two more, you even get to choose the two cards... if you have more than them."
"You guys have to give up your hands, while I get to choose. Ha ha." teased Hamtaro.
 
With the exception of Hamtaro, everyone discards their hands and draw two new cards. Hamtaro was choosing which two cards to give up. "Will you just discard two cards already?" asked Boss.
"Fine, damn." Hamtaro answered and chose his cards to discard, then draws his two cards.
Seifa laughs. "The insanity continues, because one of my discarded cards is special summoned to my side of the field." he says.
"Again?" asked Kylia.
"Yes, again. Now I will attack with Beiige, Vanguard of Dark World (1600/1300). I will also set one card face down."
"I'll set a card face down as well." said Noretu.
"Now let me attack first so nothing goes wrong."
"Go for it."
"Beiige, attack Kylia's face down monster." Seifa's new monster attacks Kylia's.
"You messed up this time." said Kylia as she reveals her monster (900/1400). "And when Ancient Lamp is attacked while face down, I can redierect your attack at one of your own monsters." Beiige is bounced off the Ancient Lamp and ends up attacking Zure. But the Vanguard of Dark World is destroyed in the process. "That's what we like to call, 'Take that!' Red."
Seifa was now angry <7100>. "You will pay for that, wench. Zure, destroy her Lamp!"
"Crud." and Kylia watched as her lamp was cut in half.
"You attack now." Seifa told Noretu.
"Valkyrion, attack that Amazoness Swords Woman!" Noretu ordered and his monster attacked.
"Reveal Magical Arm Shield." Pepper plays her trap. "This trap lets me take one of your monsters, Gigantes for example, then just wait and see."
 
Pepper's trap grabs Noretu's Gigantes and pulls it back, just in time to catch the sword of Valkyrion the Magna Warrior. "My Gigantes..." Noretu was stunned.
"And since this was your monster, you lose the life points." said Pepper.
"That's not right."
"Take it up with Pegasus. Gigantes is your monster, so it's only proper that your life points get affected."
"Tch, whatever. I guess I can let it slide <6400>..."
"Now everyone has taken damage." said Hamtaro.
"Speaking of damage," said Seifa. "Goldd, bare your axe into Kylia's life points."
"You're zero for two. I activate my Spellbinding Circle, ensnaring your Wu-Lord and protecting my life points."
Seifa saw his monster trapped. "I am beginning to grow impatient with you, wench."
 
Meanwhile, the spectators also got quite impressed with Pepper's and Kylia's showing. "Not bad, the girls are holding their own." said someone.
"Those were some nice moves." said Petal.
"Well, Pepper is a former champion." said Cappy.
Back duelside, Seifa and Noretu weren't too pleased with the way our girls have defended themselves. "At first, I found you girls feeble, but now you two are becoming irritating." said Noretu.
"Don't get mad because you guys ended up hurting yourselves." said Kylia.
"It serves you right for disrespecting us." added Pepper
"Whatever, that was just dumb luck." said Seifa. "Our turn is over."
"Since this turn is at an end, my Magical Arm Shield returns Gigantes." Pepper explains and returns Gigantes to Noretu. "Okay Hamtaro, y'all get to move now."
Boss and Hamtaro draw. "Hamtaro, let me move first before you summon." said Boss.
"I don't get your plan, but I have your back." said Hamtaro.
"I summon the Time Wizard." and Boss summons his monster (500/400).
Upon seeing this monster, everyone except for Hamtaro and Kylia burst into laughter. I hope you know what you're doing, Boss. thought Hamtaro.
Time Wizard? Kylia was confused. I don't mind having a duelist who uses the Time Wizard, but that's better off fused with Baby Dragon.
 
Boss wasn't too happy. "Knock it off, the Time Wizard's powers should never be mocked." he warned.
Everyone stopped laughing. "Time Wizard, you're a joke." said Rufus. "That is the worst spellcaster in Duel Monsters, one that was taken out of the decks of duelists years ago."
"He's got a point there, Boss." said Pepper. "No one uses the Time Wizard anymore.... at least not outside of fusion."
"Nonesense." said Max. "The Time Wizard is never used. No serious duelist has Time Wizard in their deck. And to think that I lost to you and you had this? I no longer respect you as a mage from this moment onward."
"Anyone who uses the Time Wizard is desperate." said Noretu.
"People will use more desperate measures than that." corrected Seifa. "Only fools use the Time Wizard."
"It saddens me that my Time Wizard is laughed at, but I expected the latter of you to mock him." said Boss. "But you would mock him as well, Pepper?"
"Not even I use the Time Wizard anymore." Pepper said. "I always ended up getting hurt by it, so I simply let it sit and collect value."
"No faith, no faith at all. Time Wizard may not look like much, but his powers are more than some of the greatest cards in the game. Making him a dangerous mage to use."
"You got that right, dangerous and foolish." said Noretu.
"Need I remind you that every mage in my council, despite their ATK/DEF points or powers, is respected by me. Time Wizard, begin Time Roulette!" Time Wizard's coin appeared and landed in Boss' paw, then he tossed it into the air. "Time Roulette, tails!"
 
The eight duelists saw the coin tossed into the air. When it hit the ground, it bounded back into the air. One bounce later, the coin spun on the ground and finally came to a stop.... the coin had landed properly. "Yeah, tails never fails." said Boss.
"He actually got it." Seifa was shocked.
"That's what I was going to say." said Noretu.
"Okay Time Wizard, do your stuff." said Boss and Time Wizard floats to the center of the field. The clock-like mage spun his staff around and his arrows started gong.
"TIME MAGIC!!!"
 
Time Wizard's magic causes the area to become windy, very windy. Seconds later, a black hole appeared above high him and the various light and darkness of space blankets the sky as things began getting pulled into the black hole. "No way, Time Wizard affects the entire field?!" yelled Noretu.
"Don't look at me, I don't use the damn thing!" yelled Seifa.
"I'm glad I don't have any monsters on the field!" yelled Kylia.
"Hoo wee, this wind is worse than a twister!" yelled Pepper.
The black hole drew in all opposing monsters on the field. And when the black hole was went away, Time Wizard was the only face up monster left standing. He even landed on the ground in the middle of the field in a dynamic pose. "As long as time exists, my powers will never fade away." said the Time Wizard. "Chronos has punished your disbelief and made believers of the rest. This is the power of time, a power that no living being can escape." and Time Wizard returned to Boss.
Kylia's Spellbinding Circle was destroyed. Time Magic.... I guess it still gets used. she thought.
 
Spectators were still shocked to see Time Wizard's effect come in. "I take back the laughing from that guy's Time Wizard." said someone. "The card really pulled through for him."
"He just got lucky," said someone else. "Time Wizard's effect is all based on chance."
"There was no chance about it." Everyone looked to see Cappy. "The Summoner has nothing but skill in his deck, that's why he's one of the best in all of Forbidden Brown. Just wait and see, I bet he's got more up his sleeve."
"You better be right for your sake, shorty." someone in the crowd shot at Cappy.
 
Meanwhile duelside, Boss was content at his Time Wizard. "Okay Hamtaro, how about some backup?" he asked.
"You go it." Hamtaro answered. "First, I'll flip up my face down Familiar Knight (1200/1400), then I'll summon Getsu Fuhma (1700/1200). Time to throw down, Brown style. Getsu Fuhma, attack Seifa directly."
"Hit Kylia directly, Time Wizard." Boss ordered.
Both monsters went after their targets. "Reveal Magician's Circle." Kylia played her trap.
"I'll chain to that, Gateway to Dark World." said Seifa. "With it, I will bring back Goldd, Wu-Lord of Dark World in attack mode." Seifa's monster returns to defend him again.
"Anyway, now for my card. Each players special summons a spellcaster from their deck with 2000 ATK points or less to their field in attack mode." Kylia explained her trap.
"That sucks, I don't have any spellcasters in my deck." said Noretu.
"Neither do I," said Seifa, "but Goldd is much better. He's also stronger than 2000 ATK, so it doesn't matter what you fools summon to the field."
Oh, it'll matter all right. thought Hamtaro.
"I will call out Magician's Valkyria to battle the Time Wizard." said Kylia (1600/1800).
"I'm so glad I added a spellcaster to my deck, especially since the Magician of Faith I had from the gate is now banned." said Pepper. "My girl ain't much, but shell do. I summon Ebon Magician Curran (1200/0)."
"I would bring someone out, but my mage was just recently banned." said Rufus.
"Don't worry, I'll make up for you." said Max. "Gemini Elf, I summon thee (1900/900)."
 
I really need to get those girls... thought Pepper.
"My deck only holds one spellcaster, Frontier Wiseman." said Hamtaro as he summons (1600/800).
"Time Wizard, return." Boss said and his monster came back. "It's too bad you aren't powerful enough to face that monster."
"Then I will fight in his place." Boss heard someone say.
"Hmm?"
A beam of red light shot out from Boss' deck, stunning him and every other duelist. I don't get it. Hamtaro thought.
"This is new." said Seifa.
"You said it." said Noretu.
"What's all this about?" asked Max.
"Something tells me we're gonna find out." answered Pepper.
The light then took the form of a mage wearing red and donning red and gold armor, with matching staff (1700/2200). "Magician's Valkyria, you're no match for me." he said, then charged towards Kylia's side of the field.
"Which mage is that?" asked Rufus.
"I've never seen him before." said Max.
"Who is that?" asked Kylia, then she saw her monster destroyed.
This new monster returned to Boss' side of the field. "You know, I was trying to wait until more drastic measures before you came up, but it doesn't matter now anyway." he said.
"Who is this mage?" asked Max.
"This is another new member of my coucil, the Dark Red Enchanter." Boss explains. "When he's summoned to the field, he gains two spell counters. And every spell counter he has gives him an extra 300 ATK points (2300 ATK). And since his power is stronger than Magician's Valkyria, Kylia loses life points."
"Dark Red Enchanter...." Kylia trailed off <5900>.
 
"Getsu Fuhma, continue your attack." said Hamtaro and his monster went after his target again.
"Fool," Seifa said. "Goldd is much stronger than your monster, Getsu Fuhma will be destroyed. Goldd, brandish your axe and cut his monster down to size!"
Getsu Fuhma and Goldd, Wu-Lord of Dark World collide, kicking up dust in the process. When the dust settles, Seifa's monster is still left standing and Hamtaro's life points take a hit <6700>. Seifa laughs, "I told you this would happen." he told Hamtaro. "When will you learn that moves like that will never take out my strategy." Seifa's monster is then destroyed, bringing a look of disbelief on his face. "Impossible..."
"Getsu Fuhma may have been weaker than Goldd," Hamtaro explains, "but he can destroy any fiend or zombie he battles at the end of the damage step. Sure, that move costed me life points and the life of one of my soldiers, but his bravery will be rewarded. Up yours to the Logic of Dark World, Seifa."
"No more cotton candy sunflower seeds for you, Hamtaro." said Boss.
"Anyway, I still have two monsters to do battle with. Familiar Knight, send that sword of your Noretu's way."
Noretu takes the cut. "It's about time I started gettin' hurt." he said <5200>.
"Frontier Wiseman, take away some of Rufus' life points." Hamtaro continued his attack.
"That's right, attack me." said Rufus, then took the blow <4300>.
"Got anymore tricks left, buddy?" Hamtaro asked Boss.
"Not this turn." Boss answered.
"Then that's it for us."
 
Rufus and Max draw. "I activate my face down Dark Calling." said Rufus.
"Dark Calling?" asked Boss.
"It's another form of Dark Fusion, but I remove fusion materials from play instead."
"So it's like Miracle Fusion.... Since you activated a spell, my Dark Red Enchanter gains a spell counter." Boss explained. "Remember, each spell counter gives him an extra 300 ATK points (2600 ATK)."
"I will be removing Elemental Heroes Avian and Wildheart in my graveyard from play and fuse together Evil Hero Wild Cyclone." A black tornado appeared on Rufus' side of the field, then it subsides and reveals the next monster in Rufus' arsenal (1900/2300).
"Okay, that guy isn't so bad." said Kylia.
"Penelope, you better be watching this if it's up on the big screens." said Pepper.
"I will sacrifice my Gemini Elf and summon my Dark Magician Girl to the field." Max made his play. "Hey Rufus, those Rexchus look all high and mighty sitting over there talking smack."
"Too true, so I think I will damper their spirits with my Wild Cyclone!" said Rufus. "And before you start resorting to your face down card Seifa, don't waste your time. When Wild Cyclone attacks, his power keeps you from activating spell or trap cards, so don't expect your Logic to pull a rabbit out of your hat."
"Shit...." said Seifa. He is hit with a black gust of wind seconds later <5200>. "I will make you suffer for this."
"Not likely. When Wild Cyclone deals battle damage, he destroys all your face down spell and trap cards. But I wonder.... due to the magnitude of this duel, if the effect will target your ally as well? Wild Cyclone, Black Hurricane!"
 
Using its effect, Evil Hero Wild Cyclone used its wings to create a black hurricane. But not only was Seifa's face down card destroyed, both of Noretu's face downs were destroyed as well. "My cards..." Noretu trailed off.
"Hit him now." said Rufus.
"Right." said Max. "Dark Magician Girl, attack Noretu's life points with Dark Burning!" and his monster follows orders.
Noretu takes a shot <3200>. "Boss, we better do something next move, or those two may come after us." Hamtaro whispered to Boss.
"Right." Boss whispered back.
Max, here's the plan. Rufus said to his partner in preminition. On the next turn, I will attack the Time Wizard. After that, it'll clear that side's face down spells and traps. Then you can finish the Summoner and hit Hamtaro's monster, whichever you choose.
Gotcha. Max replied. We leave the girls alone until they provoke us into battling them, especially since they seem to be of no problem for the time being.
"Now to finish things up." said Rufus. "I will set one card face down and turn things over to Max."
"Nothing here for me to do, so it's on the girls." said Max, ending the turn for his team.
Pepper and Kylia draw. "Okay Curran, it's time to put that whip into action." Pepper said.
 
Ebon Magician Curran went to work with her whip. First the whip cracked Rufus and Max <4000> <7300>, then the whip cracked Boss and Hamtaro <3900> <6100>. "So how should I play this turn out?" asked Kylia.
"You could get a monster on the field, for starters." answered Pepper.
"Right. One monster in defense mode and a card face down. That's all I can do this turn."
"Curran, you've done well. So I will now sacrifice you and summon Cyber Prima." Pepper's new monster appears on the field (2300/1600). "When my Cyber Prima is summoned, she destroys all face up spells. No more Card Trader for you."
"Whatever, I don't need it anyway." said Seifa as he saw his spell destroyed.
"Kylia, I respect you defending yourself, but you should've summoned in attack mode with that monster. I'm taking this free shot towards Noretu's life points." Cyber Prima attacks Noretu.
"I hate this shit..." Noretu said after taking the blow <900>.
"Be lucky the other one isn't attacking, or you'd be out of the duel." said Seifa.
"I wasn't expecting Wild Cyclone to destroy my cards."
 
"You probably weren't expecting to be the first one to lose either, I bet." said Pepper.
"I still have 900 life points, bitch." Noretu retorts.
"Well hopefully you can do something with the draw you get, because I doubt that Hamtaro or Boss will have pity on you. Now draw."
Seifa turned to Noretu. "You better not lose first." he said.
"We'll see." said Noretu as he draws with Seifa. "Now it's payback time! I remove six of my graveyard's rock monsters from play and bring out the heavy artillery. Behold the Megarock Dragon!" Noretu's monster appeared with a roar (?/?). "For each of the six rocks I removed from play, Megarock Dragon gains 700 attack and defense points (4200/4200). I'll set the last card in my hand down, then turn things over to my partner."
"Well, you just might last after all." said Seifa. "I will set my cards face down this turn."
This is new, I've never witnessed a turn where Seifa actually takes to defense like this. Maybe it has something to do with that Evil Hero over there... thought Noretu.
"Are you going to attack, or what?" asked Seifa.
Noretu checks the field. "Yes. Megarock Dragon, destroy the Cyber Prima."
Noretu's monsters fires many rocks into the sky, which came crashing down on Pepper's Cyber Prima, destroying the monster and taking a nice chunk of her life points <3600>. "Man, that's gonna leave a mark." said Pepper.
Noretu laughs. "Let's see you stand up against me now. We're done with our turn." he says.
 
Boss and Hamtaro draw. "I think I will save another turn for Time Wizard in another duel, so I'll sacrifice him and place this monster face down." said Boss.
"I will defend with both of my monsters." said Hamtaro as he switched his monsters to defense mode. "I will also set a card face down."
"I'm going after the leader." said Boss. "Dark Red Enchanter, attack the Dark Magician Girl." and Boss' monster went off.
"I knew you couldn't resist." said Max. "So I reveal my Magical Dimension spell card."
"Crud..."
"We all know how this works..."
"Not me, I haven't the slightest clue." said Pepper.
"Okay then, I will explain to the stupid amazon. This dimension sacrifices my Dark Magician Girl, then I take a spellcaster in my hand and special summon it to the field. Afterwards, I will destroy the attacking Dark Red Enchanter." Max's Dark Magician Girl leaves the field. "Now I'll special summon in attack mode a new face of mine, Ice Master!" Max's new card appears on the field and the Dark Red Enchanter is destroyed (2500/2000).
"So much for the Dark Red Enchanter." said Rufus. "Now if you two are done over there...."
"Yeah, we're done." Boss said.
Rufus and Max draw. "I'll move first," said Max. "I summon Cold Enchanter." Max's new monster appears on the field (1600/1200). "Now I will now have my Ice Master place an ice counter on Kylia's monster." This effect resolves. "That ice counter will help because my Cold Enchanter gains 300 ATK points for each ice counter on the field (1900 ATK)."
"Moving onto other things, it's time for the attack." said Rufus. "This one's headed your way, Summoner. And once I clear the way, my partner will pick up the pieces. Wild Cyclone, attack his face down monster."
 
Boss can't activate spells or traps.... not good. thought Hamtaro.
The attack hits, but it's blocked. "Not on this turn, Rufus." said Boss. "My Neo Aqua Madoor stops your plans cold (1200/3000)."
"Crap, I lost life points <2900>."
I should've known that Boss had something that would save him. thought Hamtaro.
"Not even Ice Master can stop Neo Aqua Madoor." said Boss. "And since you didn't inflict battle damage, our spell and trap cards are safe."
"No matter, I can still take out Hamtaro's monsters." said Max. "Ice Master, freeze his Frontier Wiseman."
"Aw man." said Hamtaro as he saw his monster destroyed.
"Cold Enchanter, destroy his Familiar Knight."
And Hamtaro's second monster was destroyed. "I'm going to gamble with this and activate my Familiar Knight's effect. Now each player can special summon a level four monster from their hand. And the effect designates a four star monster, not a monster four stars and under."
"Works for me," said Kylia. "I'll play Dunames Dark Witch in attack mode (1800/1050)."
"I play Amazoness Chain Master in attack mode." says Pepper (1500/1300).
"I summon Blast Magician in defense mode." said Max (1400/1700).
"I can't summon, lucky you." said Rufus.
"How about you?" Hamtaro asked his partner.
"Not high enough." Boss answered.
"I'll attack with Blindly Loyal Goblin (1800/1500)."
"We're done, it's on the ladies now." said Rufus.
 
With the scores going lower and lower, this match seems almost complete. And what exactly do Noretu and Seifa have in store. Find out next time... and someone's about to lose.