Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Duel Hams: Duelists of the Clubhouse ❯ one hell of a duel pt. 3 ( Chapter 30 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Much has happened last chapter, inclluding the appearance of some new cards. And with new cards came new twists. It seemed that things were beginning to look bad for Boss and Hamtaro, but Boss pulled out a blast from the past. "I summon the Time Wizard."
Of course, Boss' Time Wizard wasn't welcome with open arms, more like laughter. But with a little faith, Boss' Time Wizard came through and changed the game. But it wasn't the only change in the game, especially when the girls decided to be targeted... which they fended off multiple times. "Reveal Magician's Circle."
 
A lot of saves happened last chapter, in addition to a similar amount of life points being lost. Boss is now sitting at 3900 life points, while Hamtaro dropped to 6100 life points. Even so, he's currently in second place; Rufus has dropped to 2900 life points, while his partner Max stands at 7300 life points, making him the strongest duelist in the game; Pepper is just under Boss with 3600 life points, while her partner Kylia is at 5900 life points. She currently is in third; Seifa's not far behind Kylia with 5200 life points. Noretu is the one who's hurting the most, barely in the game with only 900 life points. After being spared from losing after having a demanding lead earlier in the game, it's time for him to bare down after taking so many hits. But as a last-ditch effort, Noretu pulls out a monster that even puts his Valkyrion to shame. "Now it's payback time! I remove six of my graveyard's rock monsters from play and bring out the heavy artillery. Behold the Megarock Dragon (?/?)! For each of the six rocks I removed from play, Megarock Dragon gains 700 attack and defense points (4200/4200)."
 
For some duelists, it's time to think strategically. And for Noretu, it's time to deal out as much damage as possible before losing the last amounts of his life points. Someone's about to be dropped, so let's get back to the action.
 
====================================================
 
Pepper and Kylia survey the field and things aren't looking good against them. Ever vigilant, Pepper simply looks like she's still got more fight left in her. "So what do you think, Pepper?" asked Kylia.
"It looks bad, but you're doing great." Pepper answered.
"How can you say that when we have to deal with so much?"
Pepper looks at Kylia. "You know, sometimes I wonder why you're being more stubborn than a mule..." she draws. "Kylia, despite you being freaked out at that's on the field, you're currently in third place out of everybody here."
Kylia looked confused. "I am?" she draws.
"Everyone except Hamtaro and Max over there have lower life points than you, including myself. And you're only 200 life points behind Hamtaro to make things better on your behalf. If you were to show some more courage when you dueled, you'll be able to see your real know-how."
"You know, Pepper," Boss began, "as much as I don't really want to say this.... shut the fuck up and move!"
"Jeez, you didn't have to word it like that." Pepper said.
"Save the girl talk for after the duel, people want to move."
"Agreed, I still have things to do myself." said Seifa.
 
"Come on, let's just move already." said Kylia.
"Yeah." said Pepper. "I'll switch my Amazoness Chain Master in defense mode, then I'll place this card face down."
"I'll flip up my Dancing Fairy (1700/1000)." Kylia made her play. "Dancing Fairy, attack Seifa's monster."
"What a thoughtful effort, too bad your pixies aren't strong enough." said Seifa as he reveals his monster. "Renge, Gatekeeper of Dark World blocks you pixie magic (100/2100)."
And that's just what happened. "Crud..." Kylia was now downed <5500>.
I'm glad I didn't attack that. thought Hamtaro.
"Lucky defense on that monster." said Pepper. "Doing anything else, girlfriend?" she then asked her partner.
"No, I'm done." Kylia answered
"I'm not," said Seifa, "reveal The Forces of Darkness. Now I can take 2 Dark World monsters from my graveyard-"
"That's my cue to chain Hero's Rule 2." Rufus cuts Seifa off. "This trap card negatescard effects that target cards in the graveyard and destroy them."
Seifa growled, then drew with Noretu. "I will play Miracle Dig." said Noretu. "When I have at least five monsters removed from play, I can return some to my deck. Three to be precise, my Valkyrion and Magnet Warriors Beta and Gamma will do for now." Noretu returns his monsters to the deck.
 
"Doesn't that weaken your Megarock Dragon?" asked Pepper.
"Nope." answered Noretu as he shuffles his deck.
"I will set this face down." said Seifa. "I'm all set for this turn."
"So I will go. Megarock Dragon, bury that Wild Cyclone!"
"Damn..." Rufus trailed off, then his monster was destroyed <600>.
"We're done with our move." said Seifa.
Boss and Hamtaro draw. "Are you summoning anything?" Hamtaro asked his partner.
"Nope, I'll stand pat." Boss answered.
"Well then, it's on me. Blindly Loyal Goblin, send Rufus packing."
Hamtaro's monster goes in and slashes Rufus directly, ending his time in the duel <0>. After his life points hit zero, Rufus discards his two cards and turrns his duel disk off. "Well, I lost..." he said. "However, I did manage to draw out the flaws of my deck."
"That's what you get for being cocky." said Hamtaro. "Now scram, you're no longer wanted in our duel."
"True, I still have more to tamper with as far as my cards go." and Rufus takes his leave. "This is your show, Max, so be sure to make your cards count."
"Well High Max, you're all alone in this duel." said Boss. "And soon you will be gone just like your partner."
Max laughed at Boss. "Keep dreaming, I've barely lost life points." he scouled. "Unlike 'Boulder Boy' over there, I won't be beaten so easily after having quite the lead."
"Well let's find out, High Max." said Hamtaro. "One card face down and it's on you."
 
Max draws. "Now I activate my Ice Master's effect to place an ice counter on Neo Aqua Madoor and boosting Cold Enchanter even further." he says and his monster follows suit (2200 ATK). "Next I play Hammer Shot, destroying the strongest monster on the field... the Megarock Dragon."
Yes, do it. thought Pepper.
A giant hammer falls from the sky and hits Noretu's field, kicking up dust in the process. Max laughs proudly at what he's done. "And soon, Someone else will be leaving the duel." he said.
"Not likely, I'm still around." said Noretu. The dust then settels to see that he revealed his face down card.
"A trap..." Max was taken aback.
"Not just any trap, Spiritual Earth Art - Kurogane. I sacrificed my Megarock Dragon before your spell hit, now I can take a low level earth monster and summon it to my field from my graveyard. I bring back Stone Statue of the Aztecs in defense mode (300/2000)."
"Well, aren't you getting clever." said Seifa.
"Not really." said Noretu as he picked up the giant hammer. He tosses it high into the air, then it comes crashing down on Max's Ice Master and destroys it in the process.
"No, my Ice Master...." Max says.
"Smooth move, dickhead." said Noretu with a laugh. "I made you destroy your own monster.
Max grits his teeth as he looks around the field. "I end my turn." he said angrily.
 
Pepper and Kylia draw. "First, I'll place my Dancing Fairy in defense mode, then equip them with the Horn of Light." Kylia explains her move. "This spell will boost the monster's defense by 800 points (1800 DEF)."
What is up with that face down card Max has on the field? Pepper thought. It's been on the field for a while now and he's yet to activate it.... I remember that one guy who had a spell face down and flipped it up after a while to deal damage to his opponent.
"Hey Pepper, you okay over there?"
Pepper snapped from her train of thought and turned to her partner. "Just thinking about something, I'm good." she answered, then took a look at her hand. "Okay, I will Switch my Amazoness Chain Master to attack mode, then play the spell card Amazoness Spellcaster. Of course, I need one of my girls to play it, which my Chain Master fits the bill perfectly. And for this turn, my spell will switch the ATK with my Amazoness Chain Master with one opposing monster. Now my Spellcaster, switch the attack points of Amazoness Chain Master and Cold Enchanter."
Pepper's spell went to work, switching the attack points of the two mentioned monsters. Hmm, I better be prepared to counter that spell if it arrives again. thought Seifa.
I guess I'm lucky that Max made me use my trap card, otherwise the bitch would've probably used that spell on my Megarock Dragon. thought Noretu.
I'm glad it's only the ATK points of her opponent and not the DEF points... thought Boss.
 
"Since you've played a spell, My Blast Magician gets a spell counter." Max explained.
"Kylia, ready to drop some monsters?" asked Pepper.
"Oh yeah." Kylia answered.
"Well let's get cracking." Pepper turned to face max. "Time to put up, or get beat up Max. Because ready or not, this wave's coming your way. Amazoness Chain Master, attack the Cold Enchanter."
"Dunames Dark Witch, attack the Blast Magician."
The girls have their monsters launch their attacks towards Max, taking out his monsters and some of his life points <6600>. Looks like I"ve underestimated this situation. thought Max.
"Okay, we're done for now." said Pepper.
Seifa and Noretu draw. "Are you ready, it's time for us to go back on the attack." Seifa announced. "I sacrifice my Renge and summon Sillva, Warlord of Dark World (2300/1400)."
"I will also exchange defense for offense." said Noretu. "I sacrifice my Stone Statue of the Aztecs and summon Granmarg the Rock Monarch (2400/1000)."
"Also, I will reveal my face down The Forces of Darkness. As I was saying, I will take 2 Dark World monster in my grave and add them to my hand." Seifa takes his monsters.
"Meanwhile, Granmarg kicks in and destroys a face down card on the field." Noretu continues his move. "So let's take out Max's face down card. I mean, you would've used it by now..."
 
Granmarg's fists hit the ground, sending a shockwave at Max's face down card destroying it. "Well, I guess that card wasn't so major after all..." Pepper said.
"Now to attack," said Noretu. "Granmarg, attack the Blindly Loyal Goblin with Rock Wave!"
"Sillva, attack Max's life points directly!" Seifa ordered.
Both monsters went in for the attack. "Damn, I can't stop this attack." said Max.
"Me neither," said Hamtaro, "but I can reeduce the damage I take with my Blast With Chain trap card. This trap counts an an eauip card that will boost my Blindly Loyal Goblin'a attack by 500 points." Hamtaro lost his monster, but he didn't lose that many life points <6000>.
Max however, took the full front of the blow <4300>. "My lead... it's gone." he said.
"Now I'm in the lead." said Hamtaro.
"For now, anyway." added Seifa. "Our turn is over."
"And now my play can come in." said Max.
"You have a play?" asked Pepper.
"Yes. The card that was just destroyed will now be revealed, now return to me Toy Magician!" and Max's monster stood on the field (1600/1500).
 
This stunned a lot of heads. "Wait a minute, your set card was a monster?" Kylia asked.
"The Toy Magician is a versitile mage," Max begins to explain. "I can set it as a monster, or in the spell/trap zone. And when it's destroyed while in the spell/trap zone, it's summoned at the end of the turn. But he also get the effect to destroy spell/trap cards for each one of them on the field. Since he's the only Toy Magician in play, I can destroy one card in the spell and trap zone.... or rather, my mage does. Toy Magician, destroy the Horn of Light." Max's mage destroys the afformentioned spell, altering the defense of Kylia's Dancing Fairy (1000 DEF).
"Well, I tried...." Kylia said.
"Well Hamtaro, this is looking a bit bad for us, isn't it?" asked Boss.
"Yeah, so let's make a good play this move." Hamtaro answered.
"I could use a good offensive monster right about now..."
Boss and Hamtaro draw, and their cards give off a trail of light behind them. The light again, what's with those cards? thought Seifa.
Boss looks at the card he drew. "Well I'll be..." he said to himself. "I wasn't expecting you, but I'm glad you showed up on this side of the council." He addressed the other players. "Okay, it's time to get down to business and it begins with this card. I summon a very good friend of mine, the Silent Magician!" and Boss' monster comes to the field (1000/1000).
"Well, I guess this is what you call an ironic twist." said Hamtaro.
"Don't tell me you have the same thing..."
"Nope, I only have one mage in my deck. However, it's time a pulled out something new to me... not to mention my choice for a deckmaster."
"Finally have one, huh?"
"Yup and you'll like him too. Ladies and gentlehams, welcome the Silent Swordsman."
 
Hamtaro's new monster came to the field (1000/1000) and almost intantly caught the attention of Boss' Silent Magician. Huh, looks like my mage might have a crush on Hamtaro's warrior... thought Boss.
"Now those two monster make quite the nice couple." said Pepper.
"I wish I had a Silent Magician, that's a rare spellcaster." said Kylia.
Seifa and Noretu growled. Of all the monsters in his arsenal, he had to pull that one. Seifa thought.
The Silent Magician's not a good sight to see. thought Noretu. The Summoner used this monster down to a science before.... But he's managed to pull it in this duel.... We better shut that mage down before she levels up.
What are those two grunting about, the Silent Magician can't be that bad. thought Max.
"One card face down and that's it for us." said Hamtaro.
I need to buy some time. thought Max, then he drew. "Good. I play Swords of Revealing Light." he says.
The crowd watched as the swords were played and were even amazed at how it worked in this duel. "Check it out, Swords of Revealing Light works on all the other teams." said Petal.
"That can be a problem." said Cappy.
Back duelside.... "Well, looks like swords have all of my opponents, so this give me time to breathe." said Max, then looks at the field. He then notices the Slient Magician and a star was above her head. "You know, I don't see what's so great about your Silent Magician, so I'll destroy her. Toy Magician, attack the Silent Magician." The Toy Magician launches its attack.
 
As the magical blast drew to Boss' side of the field, chains came after it, dispelling the attack and trapping the Toy Magician. "Whoa, look at those chains." said Pepper.
"Those are no ordinary chains," said said Max as he growled. "It's a trap card known as Shadow Spell."
"Very good, loser." said Boss. "You remember the last time I used this trap against you. And unlike the Spelbinding Circle, Shadow Spell also drains 700 of your Toy Magician's attack points."
"Why do I always fall for that (900 ATK)?"
"Hey, do you happen to have any Shadow Spells for trade, I'd like one?" asked Kylia.
"Ask me later." Boss answered.
"No matter, I still have my Swords in play, so no one will be attacking." said Max. "With that, I end my turn."
Pepper and Kylia draw, and in doing so, two more stars appear around the Silent Magician. "Before anything else goes on, my Dancing Fairy's effect kicks in, giving me 1000 life points." said Kylia <6500>. "Now I'm in the lead again, even though I've got nothing to do for a move this turn..."
"Same here, we're done." said Pepper.
"Great, that doesn't help at all." said Seifa.
"Maybe we'll get something as we draw." said Noretu.
"Let's hope so." and Seifa draws with Noretu. In addition, two more stars appear around the Silent Magician. "I will set this card face down." Seifa said.
"I won't take any chances on being foolish, so I will place Granmarg in defense position." said Noretu.
"I will place a monster on the defense as well." said Seifa, then he began to caucus with Noretu in their minds. Just so you know, my set card is Bottomless Trap Hole. Once the Summoner levels up his Silent Magician, she'll be immune to spells. However, I will remove her from play and he will have lost his monster.
Good, then we won't have to worry about anything... Noretu told Seifa. I just feel bad that I put mu Rock Monarch in defense position.
Perhaps it was your gut instinct, not that I blame you.
Yeah.
"Our turn is over. Your move, Summoner." Seifa announced, especially to Boss.
 
"Ready to do big things, Hamtaro?" asked Boss.
"You bet." Hamtaro answered, then drew with Boss. "I'll go first, it's time for my Silent Swordsman to level up from 3 to 5." Hamtaro pulled his upgraded monster from his deck, special summoned him in attack mode and shuffled his deck (2300/1000).
Beautiful, two birds with one stone. thought Seifa.
"Now, it's my turn." said Boss. "It's time for my Silent Magician to level up and get it on." Boss pulled the upgraded version of his monster from his deck, special summons her in attack mode and shuffles his deck (3500/1000).
Seifa laughs. "Now I reveal my Bottomless Trap Hole." said Seifa. "I like How Pegasus changed the errata of this card to target multiple monsters. And in this case, both of your monsters will be removed from play."
"A nice dream," said Hamtaro, "too bad my Royal Decree says otherwise."
"Shit!" Seifa yelled. "Royal Decree negates all other traps in play."
"Works for me, because my Toy Magician's back at full power." said Max (1600 ATK).
"Boss, attack Granmarg and I'll send Noretu packing." Hamtaro whispered to his partner.
"But I was going to attack High Max..." Boss whispered back.
"We're invincible. Our monsters are immune to spells and Royal Decree shuts down all of their traps. Plus, when my Silent Swordsman levels up, he's a spell version of Jinzo."
"Okay, watch me work." said Boss. "I play the spell card Diffusion Wave-Motion in combination with my Silent Magician, whose now at eight stars <2900>. And for the second time this duel, one of my mages is about to clear the field."
 
"Nice way to waste life points, Summoner." Max said. "Need I remind you that my Swords are still in play for two more turns."
"At this stage in the game, my Silent Magician is immune to all opposing spells. So while you're protected from everyone else, my Mage will get to plow through everyone."
"No way!"
"Man, and I can't stop that with any traps due to Royal Decree." said Kylia.
"And once my partner's done, I'm coming for you next." Hamtaro said as he points at Noretu. "My Silent Swordsman is immune to spells also, so he'll be sending your gravelworks out of town."
"Damn, that's not right." said Noretu.
"I despise these Silent monsters." said Seifa.
"The feeling is mutual." said Boss. "Silent Magician, attack all opposing monsters with Silent Diffusion Wave-Motion!"
The Silent Magician held her want into the air and launched heer attack on all the other player's monsters. Granmarg the Rock Monarch was the first to go, then Seifa's monsters were destroyed, including his face down Renge, Gatekeeper of Dark World <4000>, Max's Toy Magician and the Shadow Spell binging it went next <2400>, Kylia's fairies <4800> and Pepper's Amazoness Chain Master went last <1600>. Boss had a hearty laugh. "As for you, Pepper," he continued, "I'm well aware of the effects reguarding Amazoness Chain Master." Boss reveals his hand to Pepper. "The bad news is that I have no monsters in my hand, so you can't take one."
"Drat..." Pepper said.
Boss turns his cards back around. "Silent Swordsman, attack Noretu and eliminate him from the game!" said Hamtaro and his monster went in for the kill. "This shot's for Bijou!"
 
Seifa watched as Hamtaro's monster slashes Noretu, ending his time in the duel <0>. This was your worst duel, but it serves you right for being cocky. he told his partner via telepathy.
Whatever, it means nothing... especially since it was those women who did most of the work anyway. Noretu told Seifa.
"You lost, so be like the rolling stone that you are." said Hamtaro.
Noretu discards his card and turns off his duel disk. "Whatever, asshole." he retorts. "I'll admit defeat to the girls, they did more damage to me than you did." He begins to walk away. "Luckily for you, you had help wiping out my life points, because you can't do it by yourself."
"It's on you, High Max."
Two more turns left of swords and they can't even protect me from the Summoner or Hamtaro. thought Max, then he drew. "All I can do is place this monster in defense mode." he made his play. "Your move, ladies."
 
"Kylia, if we can get rid of that Royal Decree, we're in business." said Pepper.
"Right." said Kylia, then both girls drew. "Perfect, I play Mystical Space Typhoon to destroy your Royal Decree." Kylia activate her spell and it goes in for Hamtaro's trap and destroyed it...
But Hamtaro had this scouted, "I will activate my second Royal Decree." he said.
"Lovely, that's now what we needed." said Pepper. "He's used another one."
"Yup, but let's thank Pegasus for leaving it that way on the ban list." Hamtaro says happily.
"Well, I can still play a monster in defense mode." said Kylia as she continued her move.
"Well Kylia, this next one is gonna cost me, but at least you'll still have a chance." said Pepper. "I summon Cyber Gymnast (800/1800). This is where I activate her effect to destroy one opposing monster, but I have to give up a card first." and Pepper discards. "Cyber Gymnast, destroy the Silent Magician."
Pepper's monster went in for the kill. And after the hit landed, the Silent Magician was gone. I really wished I could've saved her..... thought Hamtaro.
"I must say, Pepper, that was quite the move." Boss admitted. "Attack strength really doesn't matter in Duel Monsters. I'm glad you've reminded me of that lesson."
"Anytime." Pepper smiled.
"Well, I guess that's it for us." said Kylia.
 
Despite being irritating, that wench helped me find the weakness to the Silent Swordsman. thought Seifa as he drew. "I play Pot of Avarice, and since Royal Decree is in play, no one can stop it." he says as he reaches for his graveyard. "Now I will take five of my Dark World monsters in my grave, shuffle them into my deck and draw two cards. Now hope and pray that the cards I get aren't devistating." Seifa finishes up his card effect and draws the two cards, but they weren't the ones he was looking for. "Oh well," he continues. "I didn't get those cards. However, I did get a Smashing Ground spell, and I will use it to destroy Neo Aqua Madoor." A giant fist comes down and destroyed Boss' monster, resulting in evil laughs coming from Seifa. He continued his turn. "Now, I am one more step closer to taking out one of the strongest of the otherwise pathetic Forbidden Brown. Speaking of Brown.... I summon Broww, Huntsman of Dark World (1400/800). Broww, attack the summoner directly."
"And to think, I would be able to stop this if Royal Decree wasn't on the field." said Boss. He is then struck with Broww's arrow <1500>.
"My turn is over."
Boss and Hamtaro draw. "First thing's first, my Silent Swordsman levels up to his full power at 7." Hamtaro says as he pulls out his monster from his deck and places him in attack mode, followed by a shuffling of his deck (2800/1000). "Just so you know, my Silent Swordsman can now negate spells, so there will be no more saving graces for anyone for the remainder of the duel."
"Meanwhile, I summon another of my mages that levels up. Come on out, Allure Queen!" and Boss summons his monster (500/500). "Now what I like about the Allure Queen is that she can take control of an opponent's monster that equal to or lower than her own level. Since she's at level 3, she can control a three star monster or lower opposing monster. Allure Queen, use your charms and take over Broww, Huntsman of Dark World."
"No!" yelled Seifa.
 
Sadly, there was nothing he could do and the Allure Queen took control over Broww, Huntsman of Dark World. "Moving on, I summon Goblin Attack Force." said Hamtaro (2300/0). "Silent Swordsman, it's time to bid farewell to High Max. Attack!"
"Allure Queen, hit Seifa's life points!" ordered Boss.
Both monsters went in for the direct shots. And as Seifa only got a warning blow <3500>, Max was taken out of the duel. Hamtaro was proud of himself. "You'll probably get me back for taking your thunder, partner, but we're through with Necrophade Black in this duel." said Hamtaro.
"I didn't get to do it, but you still got your ass kicked." said Boss. "Next time, try not to be such a sloopy character, High Max."
"I lost again, but not to you, Summoner." said Max as his Swords of Revealing Light fade away. "You still owe me a one-on-one match of mages."
"When you get better cards, you just might stand a chance."
"Anyway, my Goblin Attack Force will now strike Pepper's Cyber Gymnast. Attack!" Hamtaro continued his move.
Pepper saw her monster destroyed. "Well, at least it wasn't with the Silent Swordsman." she said <100>.
Goblin Attack Force switches into defense mode. "Your turn, ladies." said Boss.
Pepper and Kylia draw. "Well, I can't do anyting this turn." said Kylia.
"I place my monster face down." said Pepper. I would've attacked your monster with my face down Cyber Tutu, Boss, but I can't take another hit. she thought.
"You done, Pepper?" asked Kylia.
"Yeah, it's on 'Red' now." Pepper answered.
Seifa draws. "This card won't help me now, so I will play it face down to protect my life points." he said as he places his monster. "Your move."
 
This game is ours. thought Hamtaro.
"Well, this pretty much will do it." said Boss.
"Not really, we still have to draw." Hamtaro draws.
"True," Boss draws, "now I will level up my Allure Queen to 5. Broww is also destroyed in the process too (1000/1000)."
"I'll place my Goblins on the attack again, then it's time to attack."
"Hold on, I still get a summon."
"Oh, I almost forgot."
"I'm going to have a little fun with Otohime (0/100)."
"Isn't that spirit card banned?"
"The banned card is Tsukuyomi. Otohime has the ability of changing the battle position of one monster on the field, so let's use it on Kylia's monster."
"But... my monster is face down." said Kylia.
"It doesn't matter, your monster will be placed into attack mode. Otohime, do your stuff." Otohime uses her magic to flip up and reveal La Jinn the Mystical Genie of the Lamp (1800/1000). "Now since my Allure Queen was summoned from her previous stage, she will use her charms and take control of your monster." and that's what happened.
Didn't he use this same trick on Penelope last tournament? thought Hamtaro.
"It's not fair, I can't do anything about this." said Kylia as she saw her monster taken away.
"Well, I can't get mad at that strategy." said Pepper.
"Can I attack now?" asked Hamtaro.
"Ladies first, Hamtaro." Boss answered. "Allure Queen, let's go out on a whim and attack Seifa's monster." As the Allure Queen attacked, Boss was shocked to see that monster he just destroyed. "Now that's a bitch, I took out Kahkki, Guerilla of Dark World. I guess your invincible strategy put a dent in Seifa's Dark World Logic after all, Hamtaro."
"Of course it did." said Hamtaro. "Silent Swordsman, attack Seifa directly, then my Goblin Attack Force can hit Kylia directly."
 
Seifa and Kylia took their direct shots <700> <2500>, then the Goblins went back on the defense. "It's now the end of the turn, and that means Otohime returns to my hand." said Boss as he collects his card. "Your turn, ladies."
Pepper and Kylia draw. "Oh well, I'm out of moves." said Kylia. "I tried Pepper, I really tried."
"Don't sweat it, no one's perfect." said Pepper. "We're done, fellas."
Seifa draws, then shook his head as he looks at his card. "There's no point in defending, I'll lose either way it goes." he said. "Your move."
 
Boss and Hamtaro draw. "Now it's time for my Allure Queen to level up to her final stage at 7." said Boss as he takes the card from his deck and places it into attack mode (1500/1500). "I'll summon after I'm done shuffling this deck. Summon away, Hamtaro."
"I'll switch my Goblins back into attack mode, then wait for your summon." said Hamtaro as he moved.
"Well, there's no point in Otohime, so I'll summon the Rapid-Fire Magician (1600/1200). Allure Queen, attack Seifa and remove him from the duel."
"Silent Swordsman, send Kylia on her way."
Both monsters attack and both of them hit, sending each respective opponent to 0 life points. But the wave wasn't done yet. "Rapid-Fire Magician, plow the way for the Goblin Attack Force." said Boss.
"Once it's clear, take the last shot, Goblins." said Hamtaro.
And for a second time, the monsters hit their targets, putting an end to this long ass duel. Everyone watching was proud to see how this one ended up. "That's not a bad style of dueling." said a spectator.
"Let's try it out." said two more.
"Okay, we'll take you on." said a fourth spectator.
Cappy and Petal go on with their walk. "So, what do you think?" asked Cappy.
"That Pepper has a lowsy deck." Petal answered. "However, the effects of her monsters make up for it. So in total, it's decent."
 
Back duelside, Hamtaro was proud at how he and Boss handled things. "Hoo-wee, that was one hell of a strategy you pulled out of your cards, Hamtaro. You locked the game up with that." said Pepper.
"Yeah, I just wish it went that way the first time Boss and the rest of us faced off against those Rexchus." said Hamtaro.
"Either way, you've earned my respect."
"That wasn't so bad, I ended up lasting until the very end." said Kylia.
"That really was something." said Boss.
"That Dark Red Enchanter is awesome, how can I come across one?"
"Pull it from a booster pack."
"If I was only that lucky......"
"Well, you never know..."
Hamtaro and Pepper noticed the blushes on Boss and Kylia's faces while they were trying to make small talk. The two said nothing and let Boss and Kylia chat. "Anyway, about that Shadow Spell..." Kylia mentioned.
"Well, what do you have to trade?" asked Boss.
"Not much... How about Knight's Title?"
"Nah, I'm not looking for that. But don't be afraid to ask again if you get something else."
"I'll keep that in mind."
"By the way, how did you find out the original name of the Dark Magician Girl?"
"I... I looked it up."
"Really, I guess you know about Mahad too?"
"Wait, how did you..."
"Read it from a text that Pegasus let me look at."
"Wow, you're so lucky....."
 
"Okay you two, time to cut this short." said Pepper as she intervened. "We have places to go."
"Oh yeah, that's right." Kylia snapped out of her chat with Boss.
"Where to, if you don't mind me asking?" asked Hamtaro.
"Well, I promised Kylia I would help her find her brother." Pepper answered.
"When did this happen?" asked Boss.
"When we met. I ended up saving Kylia from a tight spot, then she explained the deal about finding her brother afterwards. We've been traveling together ever since."
"I see, that's grand of you, Pepper."
"Of course it is, Boss." Pepper said.
"Well, we better get going to." said Hamtaro. "Catch you girls around." and the four hamsters parted.
"Good ol' Pepper, that farm gal is a real belle." said Boss.
"And what do you think of Kylia?" asked Hamtaro.
"I'll admit, she's a looker."
"Well, you might want to pursue that one, especially since she seemed to like you."
"That was just talk of Dark Magicians, nothing too serious."
"Seriously, you should think about going after her. I doubt that Bijou will want a three-way with you in it."
"Now cut that out, Hamtaro."
"I'm just saying is all..."
 
The girls had a similar talk. "Well look at how Boss got you all buttered up like wheat bread." teased Pepper.
"It's not like that, Pepper." Kylia cleared up.
"Don't lie, you know you like him."
"Stop it, you're embarrassing me."
"Admit it, don't you think he's handsome?"
"Well, his is handsome, but I think I would probably go for Hamtaro."
"Hamtaro's already taken, but Boss is still free."
"Hmm, maybe..."
"Well, let's get back to finding your brother."
"Well, your search is closer to over than you think."
Pepper and Kylia see Max and Rufus approach them. "Come with us, Kylia. We'll take you to your brother." said Rufus.
"Really?" Kylia asked.
Pepper blocks Kylia with her arm. "Hold it, no dice. I don't trust you two like that." she told them.
"That's not for you to decide." said Max.
"Okay then... If you know her brother, than why don't you tell us his name?"
"Fine," said Rufus. "Kylia's twin brother is named Kai."
Pepper was taken aback slightly. He's right, he even knew about the twin thing. she thought.
"Does that mean you'll come with us now?" asked Max.
"Well, I..." pepper was running out of argument.
"It's okay, they know about where I can find him." Kylia told Pepper. "Okay you two, take me to him."
 
Pepper was still reluctant. "Are you sure you wanna do this?" she asked Kylia.
"Yes." Kylia answered. "I just want to be with my brother again."
"And we will take you to him." said Max.
"Twins shouldn't be seperated forever, y'know." added Rufus.
Kylia walked over to Max and Rufus. "I'm ready." she said. "I won't forget your help either, Pepper. Let's meet again soon."
Pepper saw Max and Rufus walk off with Kylia. A part of Pepper was happy, but another part was uneasy. You may know about Kylia's twin brother, but I'm still not convinced. she thought. I will follow them from behind and make sure nothing goes wrong. And with a safe distance, Pepper followed Max, Rufus and Kylia.