Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Duel Hams: Duelists of the Clubhouse ❯ duel monsters moment 6 ( Chapter 45 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Here we go again, duelists. It's time for another Duel Monsters Moment for the time being.
 
This moment's Duel Monster is Fog King. Now don't confuse this monster with an already existing monster called King Fog, Fog King is in the current Light of Destruction set. He's entry #098 and a secret rare (I managed to pull this guy out of a booster pack I got from the set's pre-release). This seven star water-based spellcaster stands at 0/0... not all that impressive at first glance, right? Well, Relinquished users said the same thing about him. Anyway, his effect reads that "You can normal summon this card with 1 tribute, or without a tribute. The ATK of this card is equal to the combined original ATK of the monster tributed to tribute summon this card. Neither player can tribute monsters."
 
The good news is that you can summon this guy at anytime... but you will want to give something up for the best results. Something strong in a pinch like Goblin Elite Attack Force for example. Now the tricky part is the latter effect reguarding tributing the monsters. Of course the effect means "as long as Fog King remains face up on the field", however the obvious reson is to keep your opponents from pulling something with five stars or higher out on you. Fog King can keep your opponent (and yourself) from bringing out stronger monsters, but it also works for other effects, like Panther Warrior's attack cost of a monster tribute, or tribute monsters for certain spells and traps. Now it this case prones true as far as tributes for spells like the Mystik Wok used by Howdy, it may also mean tributes for ritual spells.
 
Boss will use this monster later since it is part of the second side of his council, but you can also use this monster in a beatdown deck. Think about it, you have ass-kicker monsters on the field and this guy keeps your opponent from summoning them. Umiiruka is a natural spell to work with Fog King and I can only imagine is someone plans to add it to a water deck. I mean it does work well in a water deck since you can Salvage it. I'm sure you duelists can find other uses for this card than I can think of, but at least you have some ideas. And that's all for this moment, duelists. The next moment will be the final moment of this story, so I hope to give out a good Duel Monster at that time. Well, back to the story.