Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Duel Hams: Duelists of the Clubhouse ❯ unleash the beasts ( Chapter 48 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hiei managed to get where he was going, but he was currently alone. Great, I missed him. he thought.
"Well, at least I don't have to radio for you." said Pegasus as he showed up.
"So what's the problem?" asked Hiei.
Pegasus approached Hiei's side. "Keep this information on a need to know basis, Hiei. the last thing we need is to let this leak out too much."
"So this is a big problem..."
"In a sense. I have heard from some of the guests that there is a duelist with an illegally modified duel disk in the fun park. I didn't pay too much attention to it at first, then I heard that this duelist's duel disk allows him or her to play the Egyptian God cards."
"But that's impossible. Duel disks automitically deactivate when one of those three monsters are played."
"Well apparently, this duelist is an exception. When you find this duelist, approach with caution. I want that duel disk confiscated, and information on where these duel disks are being sold."
"No problem, this fool will be easy to find." and Hiei brought his Sword of Dragon's Soul to bare.

Pegasus was confused. "Why do you think he will be easy to find?"
"Because I already know how this fool thinks. I just have to find him."
"Find the duelist, you mean?"
"No, find the Dragonlord." and off he went.
Pegasus folded his arms. Excellent choice in starting your search, Hiei. I only hope that you will be able to find Jam before this illegal duelist can. Suddenly, Pegasus heard a rustling sound and looked in its direction. All that was seen was a shaking tree branch and leaves falling from it. That's not a good sign.
Luckily for Pegasus, that was only Jam as he was jumping from tree to tree. This duelist must be the disturbance that Mariko was talking about. he thought. It is definitely a fitting test in of one's skill as a duelist to face the Egyptian Gods. And if this illegal duelist can weild them, he or she will be looking for the Five God Dragon. I better go and find Stan before he runs into this duelist.

Cappy and Kerin were having their stroll, looking like a cute couple as they walked along. Kerin clung to Cappy's right arm as they walked. Kerin is really enjoying herself by my side. thought Cappy. Which is great, because I'm enjoying her by my side too.
"Hey, Cappy..." Kerin trailed off.
"What's up, Kerin?" Cappy asked her.
"How would you rate your time with me?"
"That was priceless, utterly priceless."
"Not then, I mean now?"
"Pleasurable."
"Yeah." and Kerin clung tighter to Cappy.
"You're a real gem, Kerin."
"If she's a gem, then I'm a treausure chest."
And just like that, Cappy and Kerin's tender moment was over as Jewel stood in front of them. Cappy rolled his eyes. "Consider yourself however your want, but don't try to rain on a parade." he said.
"I don't plan on raining down on you, but I plan on storming a beatdown into you. No more running away, little man."

It was at that moment where the crowd began to surround Jewel, Cappy and Kerin, anxious for the upcoming duel. "What the hell..." Cappy trailed off.
"Like I said, no more running away." said Jewel. You're going to face me now, regardless of your current disposition."
"You know Jewel-"
"No more excuses... unless you plan on getting on all fours and announcing to everyone here that I am the true Beastmaster. But that's against your house's claim, so free up your arm and let's get this duel going."
"Great..."
Kerin let go of Cappy. "It's time, Cappy." she told him. Jewel needs to be stood up to, so tread back and stand tall." Kerin moved a few feet away, standing inbetween them, like a judge would do.
"You know, I was really enjoying this moment." said Cappy.
"Well lemme enjoy a moment of my own." said Jewel. "Show me what you're made of, little man."
"Enough! I am not 'little man', Jewel. My name is Cappy, and you will show me the respect I deserve."
"You are getting the respect you deserve, none. And since you're busy running mouth, I will make the opening move."
"Lemme shuffle that deck of yours before you go off and play."

Cappy approached Jewel, presented his deck, and the two began shuffling each other's cards. Once the shuffling was done, the decks were returned to their owners and both duelists took opposite queues. "Ready to get beat yet?" asked Jewel.
Cappy looked at Jewel, then at Kerin and back at Jewel. "One moment." he finally answered, then removed his green cap. This was soon replaced by Hiei's beast hood.
"That's a nice bit of headgear."
Upon donning this hat, Cappy began an odd change... one that made him seem feral. "Now, It's time you answer for your cheap monsters, Jewel." he said. But Cappy's voice was altered a bit...
"I will open things up."
"Diaha!"

Both duelists drew their hand and Jewel made the opening move. "I will open the floor with Gladiator Proving Ground. This lets me add a low level Gladiator Beast from my deck to my hand, Darius will do." and Jewel takes Gladiator Beast Darius from his deck and adds it to his hand. "I will set this card face down and summon Gladiator Beast Andal." Jewel's monster appears on the field (1900/1500). "That's it for my move."
Cappy draws. "I'll begin with my Rampaging Rhynos." said Cappy (1500/1500). "Rhynos, attack with Axe Rush. Destroy that Gladiator Beast and and deal some damage." and Cappy's monster attacks.
Smart move, especially since the effect of that Rhynos comes into play during the damage step of the turn. thought Jewel.
"And just as a reminder to the crowd, the Rampaging Rhynos gains 500 ATK during the damage step when it battles a monster in the same column as itself." Cappy explains as his Rampaging Rhynos destroys Gladiator Beast Andal.
"Not a bad start." <7900>.
"I will set one card and end my turn." and Cappy wraps up.
Jewel draws. "Let's how you like this. I'll start by summoning Gladiator Beast Bestiari (1500/800), then I'll power him up with Gladiator Beast's Battle Archfiend Shield. Bestiari, attack Rampaging Rhynos!" and Jewel's monster goes in for an attack."
"Attack, Rhynos!" and Cappy's monster goes in for another round.
I don't get it, both of those monsters have the same strength. thought Kerin. Why would Jewel do a battle that would turn out as a draw? Then Kerin got it. Maybe that shield does something....

Both monsters collide, but only the Rampaging Rhynos is destroyed. And the battle's result stunned the crowd. "Hey, why is your monster still standing?" asked Cappy.
"That's the power of the Battle Archfiend Shield." Jewel answered. "Normally, Bestiari would be destroyed alongside of your Rhynos, but the Battle Archfiend Shield is destroyed instead, keeping Bestiari on the field."
"Another cheap trick, huh Jewel?"
"That's not cheap, it's strategy. Sonething you need to learn about, little man."
"Some strategy..."
"Now the fun begins. Since Bestiari survived an attack, his ability returns him to my deck and I can take another Gladiator Beast from my deck to take his place." Jewel returns his monster to his deck and begins searching it. "This one will work... so how about a welcome Gladiator Beast Dimacari." and Jewel's substitute appears on the field (1600/1200). "And since Dimacari is summoned due to the effect of a Gladiator Beast, he can attack twice next turn." Jewel then shuffles his deck.
"Does it get any worse than that?"
"Yes, it does. Now I will reveal my Double Tag Team trap card and add to your troubles."
"How so?" asked Kerin.
"Pay attention, little lady. When I special summon a Gladiator Beast, this trap let's me Special summon another on to the field from my hand or deck. But I'm playing from the hand this time and attacking you with a new Gladiator. Give a fighting welcome to Gladiator Beast Darius."

Jewel's new monster appeared on the field (1700/300). "Wow, Daruis is a horse that has an electromagnetic whip for a weapon." Cappy commented. "Irony..."
"It's a lash, not a whip." Jewel corrected. "And don't worry, you'll taste it soon enough. Your move."
Cappy draws. "You wanna bring out new monsters, so allow me to introduce one of the monsters I liked from back in the day. I play Nin-Ken Dog (1800/1000). Nin-Ken Dog, attack Dimacari."
You're lucky I can't stop this... and Jewel saw his monster destroyed <7700>.
"I'll place another card face down and end my turn."
I better start taking control of this duel. Jew thought, then drew. "I'll place Darius in defense mode and set another monster on the defense as well to end my turn."
Cappy draws. "I will place a monster face down myself, then attack Darius with the Nin-Ken Dog."
Jewel saw another of his monster destroyed. Oh well, at least he'll get his moment.
Something is wrong with this duel.
thought Kerin. I witnessed Jewel battle with the Gladiator Beast monsters before and he's never this sloppy. I wonder if it's just a bad deck.
"That's if for now, your move." said Cappy.
Jewel draws. "I play Gladiator's Return. This lets met take three Gladiator Beasts in my graveyard and shuffle them into my deck, then I draw a card." he explains.
"Lucky you, especially since you have exactly three GBs in your grave anyway."

Jewel resolves this effect. "I'll place this card face down and summon Gladiator Beast Laquari (1800/400). Your move."
Cappy draws. "I'll flip my Desertapir (900/300), then activates its effect of flipping one of your face up monsters face down."
"Crap." and Jewel flips his Gladiator Beast face down.
"Nin-Ken Dog, attack his face down Gladiator Beast."
"So much for mounting an offense..." and Jewel saw his Gladiator Beast destroyed.
"This move is risky, but I'm gonna go for it. Desertapir, attack Jewel's face down monster."
"Are you sure you wanna do tha, little man?"
"Yes, attack!"
As the attack goes through, Jewel's monster is revealed for a moment. Then it is destroy in the very next instant (700/300). "What was that?" asked Kerin.
"That was my Test Ape." answered Jewel. "Thanks for taking it out, because I can now pull a low level Gladiator Beast monster from my deck and special summon it to the field." and Jewel searches again. "Now I'll special summon Gladiator Beast Hoplomus in defense mode (700/2100)."
Jewel shuffles his deck. "When you are done shuffling, take your turn." said Cappy.
I would attack his Desertapir with Hoplomus, but that weak monster has 200 more hits than my Gladiator... Jewel draws. "Oops, my mistake. I'll give Hoplomus the Gladiator Beast's Battle Gladius, boosting his ATK slightly (1000 ATK), then switch him into attack mode. Hoplomus, destroy that Desertapir." and Jewel's monster goes in for the attack.
"Not this time, Jewel. I activate my Spellbinding Circle, stopping your monster in it's magical barrier." and Gladiator Beast Hoplomus was trapped.
Jewel laughed. "What a waste of trap."
"It saved my Desertapir, so it wasn't a waste."

"You may have trapped my monster, but Hoplomus still attacked. And therefore, He still gets to swap from my deck."
Cappy wasn't too happy with this. "But your trapped, you can't move."
"Spellbinding Cirlce only prevents me from attacking and switching positions, its power don't block the switching purposes of the Gladiator Beasts." said Kerin. "Sorry Cappy, but I'm allowing Hoplomus' effect to carry on."
"And the good thing about Gladiator battle gear is that it returns to the hand when they switch into the deck." said Jewel.
"Boo, those cards are cheap!" someone whined from the crowd.
"It's not cheap, it's strategy." Jewel's Battle Gladius returns to his hand. "And when Hoplomus returns to the deck, he triggers the summoning of one powerful Gladiator. So now it's time to attack with Gladiator Beast Sparticus."
"Lovely." said Cappy.
It was at this time that Jewel's stronger Gladiator Beast appeared on the field (2200/1600). "When Sparticus enters combat, he brings equipment from my deck to my hand. But I will give this one to him... it's the Gladiator Beast's Battle Halberd." Jewel searches his deck for the mentioned equip spell, gives it to his monster, then shuffles his deck afterwards. "Your move, little man."
Cappy draws. "I'll switch Desertapir into defense mode and end my turn."

Jewel draws. "Sparticus, put that Nin-Ken Dog down with your Battle Halberd!" and Jewel's monster goes in for the attack.
"Reveal my trap card Rising Energy. I simply give up one card in my hand and my Nin-Ken Dog gains 1500 ATK this turn."
"Pretty good, but not good enough. I play Parry, and by sending the Gladiator beast Dimacari in my hand to my deck, my counter trap negates and destroys your trap card."
"Damn!" Cappy not only lost his monster, but also some life points <7600>.
"But that's not all, now my Battle Halberd kicks in, allowing Sparticus to destroy on spell or trap card at the end of the damage step." and Jewel's monster destroyed Cappy's Spellbingind Circle. "But look on the bright side, Sparticus is gonna stick around for a while, because he like to cut things... mainly, life points. So I will place this card face down and end my turn."
Cappy draws. "Sweet, I just drew the Skill Drain card that I got from Hiei. But I won't be able to use it if that Battle Halberd destroys it before I can play it. I need to think of another strategy.... I have an idea, but it needs another card to play. One card face down and that ends my turn. This should buy me time."
Jewel draws. "Perfect. I'll set this monster face down and now it's on Sparticus. Attack!"
Here we go again.... and Cappy's Desertapir was destroyed.
"Now for the destruction of your face down card. Cut it, Sparticus." and the Battle Halberd was laid to bare, but four little lambs appeared from the cut up card. "Huh, so you chained a Scapegoat..."
"Why not? these guys will protect my life points from your gladiators. Cappy answered."
"Not likely."
"You're free to switch out if your Gladiator can't handle them."
"Nope, but thanks for giving away your plans. Not too smart on your behalf, little man. Move."
Cappy draws. "I play one card face down and summon Sonic Duck (1700/700). Sonic deck, attack his face down monster."

Jewel's monster is attacked, but survives the battle. "Good idea, but not strong enough to take ou my Witch Doctor of Sparta (400/2000)." and Jewel laughed.
Cappy took the recoil to his life <7300>. "I end my turn."
Jewel draws. "Sparticus, carve up one of those Scapegoats, would ya?" and a Scapegoat is destroyed. "One down, and now for your face down card."
"I'll chain it, reveal Icarus Attack. And with the cost of my Sonic Duck, I'll destroyyour Gladiator Beast and your face down card."
Lightning fell from the sky, striking both monsters and Jewel's face down card. Jewel wasn't happy with this play as he saw his monster destroyed. "Well, I guess that ends my turn." he said.
"Now for that Witch Doctor." said Cappy as he drew. "It's time I summoned something new to the field, my Genetic Warwolf (20000/100). One card goes face down and that's all for me."
Jewel draws. "One card face down for me, then I summon Gladiator Beast Bestiari. Attack another Scapegoat."
"Great..." and Cappy loses a second Scapegoat.
"Once again, it's swapping time." and Jewel searches his deck. "Here's a good idea, now I will special summon Gladiator Beast Murmillo in defense mode (800/400). But wait, effects will now kick in."
"Oh no, not this time. I'm putting an end to your swapping days."
"Is that right, well let's see what you got."
"Reveal my trap card Skill Drain." and Cappy plays another trap.

Way to go, Cappy. thought Cappy. With Skill Drain active, effect monsters don't get to use their effects. It's the Achilles of Jewel's deck.
"This may cost me 1000 life <6300>, but it's well worth putting a damper on your cowardly monsters." and Cappy move got applause from the crowd.
Jewel simply laughed at Cappy's move. "Sorry to rain on your parade, but I'm about to counter that with Parry."
Everyone stopped applauding. "Damn, another one?"
"That's right, another one. And I'll return Gladiator Bease Laquari in my hand to my deck to activate it. But at least you woke up the crowd, because it seemed like they were getting restless."
Cappy saw his trap destroyed. Man, that's not fair.... my ace card for beating Jewel was played in vain after all.
Cappy....
thought Kerin.
Jewel laughed some more as he shuffled his deck. "Now as I was saying, effects kick in. First is the Witch Doctor of Sparta, who damages your life points by 500 since a monster was special summoned from the deck."
Cappy took the shot. "Ouch." <5800>
"Now for Murmillo, who can destroy one monster when he's called into battle from another Gladiator Beast. Murmillo, destroy his Genetic Warwolf.
"I didn't even get to play him yet."
"Too bad." and the Genetic Warwolf was destroyed. "Your move."

Cappy wasn't feeling as confident now that his Skill Drain was destroyed. This isn't fair, that was a key to winning this duel against Jewel. he thought. I guess this wasn't easy to do after all. Shake it off, Cappy. You have a game to play and there's no time to sulk. After regaining his composure, Cappy drew his next card. "Perfect, this will help too. The only problem is that this card isn't going to last long, but I can still damper his swap job. I just have to hold out long enough to play a monster. I play the spell Deck Lockdown and end my turn."
"Deck Lockdown?" at that moment, both player's decks got chains wrapped around them. Jewel drew afterwards. "Time to get rid of your Scapegoats, little man. Welcome back, Gladiator Beast Hoplomus."
That's right, Jewel, get ready for another swap....
"I'll switch Murmillo into attack mode and now for my battle phase. Gladiator Beasts, destroy those Scapegoats."
"So much for my defenses...." and Cappy's Scapegoats are gone.
Capy's left wide open now. Kerin mentally panicked.
"Now it's time to switch my Gladiator Beasts." said Jewel as his monster return to his deck. But this time.... Jewel's attempts to search his deck were denied by the chains. "Hey, what gives?"

"There's a reason this card is called Deck Lockdown, Jewel." Cappy began to explain. "This spell is one of the flawmakers in your GB strategy. While it's active, Deck Lockdown prevents players from special summoning monsters from our decks. Think of it as the roach motel for your GB monsters... Gladiators check in, but checkout is another story. Now who's wide open?"
"You still are. I still have my Witch Dosctor of Sparta on the field while you have nothing. Your move, little man."
"You will refer to me as the Beastmaster, Jewel." and Cappy drew. "Time to change your way of thinking. Come forth, Enraged Battle Ox (1700/1000)."
"Still not strong enough to take down my Witch Doctor."
"I disagree... but here's where my spell Gaia Power kicks in." At that moment, the playing field turned into a huge forest with a colossal tree on Cappy's side of the field. "The power of Gaia alters all Earth based monsters, giving them 500 ATK and taking away 400 DEF (2200/600)." It was at this moment when Cappy saw that Jewel's Witch Doctor of Sparta was also affected by the field (900/1600). "Aw, someone lost endurance... Enraged Battle Ox, avenge the Rampaging Rhynos and dive the Witch Dorctor his walking papers. Axe Crusher!"
Jewel saw his monster destroyed. "Man that sucked." he said <7100>. "Hey, I was defending..."
"And remember duelists, the Enraged Battle Ox gives all of his beast, winged beast and beast-warrior allies the power of piercing damage while he's on the field. Your move."

Cappy's play got applause from the crowd and Jewel was taken aback as well. I'll give you credit for that move, little man. thought Jewel. Instead of stopping the effects of my Gladiator Beasts, you trap them instead. And as long as Deck Lockdown is in play, I can't switch out my Gladiators.
Cappy just might win against Jewel.
thought Kerin. Too bad Papa isn't around to see this duel....
Jewel draws. "Yes. I summon Gladiator Beast Dimacari, who is also affected by the power of Gaia (2100/800). And before you go on, allow me to remind you of the card in my hand, Gladiator Beast's Battle Gladius."
"Crap, I forgot about that."
"Yup, and Dimacari has a bit more muscle than your Enraged Battle Ox now (2400ATK v 2200ATK). Dimacari, attack with Battle Gladius!"
Cappy saw his monster destroyed, I'm glad you helped out for a little while. he thought <5600>.
"No switching out this time, so it's your move."
"At least you've learned." Cappy draws, then Deck Lockdown is destroyed.
"Sweet, no more chains around my cards."
"Oh well, no turn arounds this time. One monster on the defense and that ends my turn."
Hmm, he's defending with a monster... wait, maybe it's Soul Tiger. No, that can't be it, Soul Tiger would be weakened by Gaia. Jewel draws. "Dimacari, attack his face down monster."

Jewel's monster attacked, and after it landed, Cappy's monster was revealed (900/0). "What the..." Kerin trailed off.
"Ha! I can't believe it, it's the Blade Rabbit." said Jewel.
"Yeah, you dropped my Blade Rabbit." Cappy admits.
"Good, I just totaled one of your best cards."
"Who told you that?"
"The artical on Pegasus' website. You were profiled and the profile read that the Blade Rabbit is one of your best cards. Meanwhile, back in the dueling arena, Dimacari goes back into the deck and the Battle Gladius returns to my hand. And now I can bring out another powerful monster from my deck. Dimacari can tag in this guy... Behold, Gladiator Beast Alexander." and Jewel's new monster appeared on the field as he shuffles his deck (2400/600). "Now since Alexander was special summoned, he's immune to spell cards. I can gladly say this to you, little man. whatever hopes you have of winning are pretty much gone now. And soon, all will know me as the new Beastmaster."
"I'm not done yet, Jewel. And quit calling me, 'little man' already."
"We'll see, your move."
The two cards in my hand can't help me and I'm almost out of options. I really wish I knew what to do...
Let us help you, Beastmaster.
Cappy managed to hear some voices say.
Help me... I don't know who you are, but I'll take whatever help I can get. and Cappy drew. Sure enough, he pulled his help.
We're here to help you, Beastmaster. said the voices, which came from the card Cappy just drew.
Cappy saw the card that he just pulled and smiled. "Okay Jewel, let's see you deal with my Cat's Ear Tribe, who also gain power thanks to Gaia." and Cappy's card is played revealing three small cats standing ready for battle (700/0).

Upon seeing Cappy play this monster card, commotion came amongst the crowd. Clearly, everyone was confused, including Kerin. His secret weapon is those kitens? Kerin was clearly confused.
Jewel just laughed. "You must be joking." he said through his laughter. "What kind of a fool do you take me for?"
"A stubborn one, to be honest. The last card I will play is the Heart of Clear Water, to give my Cat's Ear Tribe a drink. Ready your glasses, crew and drink up."
Cappy's equip spell ended up being a drip into three mugs. The Cat's Ear Tribe each take a mug and chug down the drink. I don't know what Cappy's thinking by putting these guys in attack mode, but I hope he knows what he's doing. Kerin thought, a bit worried.
"I'm about to beat a few pussies." said Jewel as he drew. "Alexander, take out those mangy cats." and Jewel's monster attacks the Cat's Ear Tribe.
Hah, the joke's on you, Jewel. thought Cappy.
The attack collides, kicking up a lot of smoke in the process. So much for those critters. thought Jewel. But when the smoke cleared, only the Cat's Ear Tribe was left standing. The result also left the spectators with hanging jaws, confusion was truly in effect here. No way, Cappy's monster beat Jewel's monster. Kerin thought as she had a big sweatdrop on the back of her head.
"My Gladiator Beast lost to those little pussies?!" Jewel was pissed. "How the fuck did that happen?"
"There's an old saying, Jewel." Cappy said. "You see, 'It's not about the size of the cat in a fight, but the size of the fight in a cat.' Jewel."
"That quote denotes dogs, but I want a ruling check here."
"Don't look at me, I'm as confused as you are." said Kerin.

"Don't worry, I'll bring you up to speed." Cappy began. "The Cat's Ear Tribe are a special breed of feline. A breed that has the ability to alter the ATK strength of those who fight them. During the damage step, all opponents who battle the Cat's Ear Tribe get their original ATk changed to 200 points."
"So, Jewel's gladiator Beast was weakened?" asked Kerin.
"That's right, Kerin. As soon as the Damage step took place, Alexander's ATK dropped from 2400 to 200. And since my Cat's Ear Tribe currently has 700 ATK points, Alexander was destroyed."
"And that means I take damage." said Jewel <6600>.
"Aw, you're breakin' my heart."
"That move was so gay...."
"That's not gay, that's strategy. Alexander isn't immune to monster effects, so you can't challenge anything."
"Just move already."
"It's time to take the lead back." and Cappy Drew. "I summon my Giant Rat."
"Great, that's earth based too."
"That's right (1900/1050). Now my monsters, attack Jewel directly!" and off Cappy's monsters went.
"This is gonna sting." Jewel took both shots, which made him drop to a knee <4000>.
"Your move."
Jewel draws. "I play gladiator's Return."
"You can't do that, can you?"

"Yes I can, because Gladiator Beasts Alexander, Sparticus, and Laquari are in my graveyard. Well, were in my graveyard, but they are now back into my deck." Jewel shuffles the three monsters back into his deck, then draws a card. "Hell yeah, just what I wanted to see. I can't play you yet, because I still need one more card. You're move."
Open chest, baby. thought Cappy, then he drew. "Good ol' Soul Tiger. I'd play you, but I will hold onto you in case I need you to defend my life points. Monsters, attack directly again!"
"Here we go again...." and Jewel gets dropped to his knee a second time <1400>.
The crowd was happy to see Cappy so close to victory. "And to think that I was almost about to give up on you. I'm glad my beasts wouldn't let me forfeit." said Cappy. "All I have to do now is land one more blow with my Giant Rat and this duel is mine. Who's the little man now, Jewel?"
"You still are."
"Well hope and pray your next move gives you something to defend yourself with."
Jewel draws. "I play Gladiator Beast's Respite."
"What does that do?"
"Simple. First I take Gladiator Beasts Andal and Sparticus in my hand and return them to my deck. I shuffle, then drew three cards." and Jewel resolves this effect. "Now, I play Swords of Revealing Light."
Swords fall from the sky ald land on Cappy's side of the field. Crap, the Heart of Clear Water doesn't give my Cat's Ear Tribe immunity to Swords, they're stuck. thought Cappy.
"Now it's your turn to be locked down by me. My last card is Gladiator Beast Secutor (400/300) and this ends my turn."

"At least the GB is too weak to damage my life points." and Cappy drew. "My turn is over."
Jewel draws. "I summon Gladiator Beast Torax (1400/400)."
"That's a new GB."
"Not really, I just don't tag him too much. Your move."
Cappy draws. "I only have to wait one more turn to wipe you out, Jewel."
"That's true." and Jewel draws. "I summon Skull Red Bird and end my turn (1550/1200)."
Cappy draws. "With the end of this turn, your Swords are gone and I'll be free to attack you. And since I can't play anything, I'm done."
Jewel's spell is destroyed, then he draws. "Now for a change of plans, little man."
"Enough with the 'little man' cracks, Jewel."
"Sorry, can't do that. It's time I played one very nasty monster, one that's even worse than my previous ones played. But why tell you about it when I can show you? Now I sacrifice Skull Red Bird, and my two Gladiator Beasts and bring out the real killer. I summon God Beastking Barbaros!"

With the offering of Jewel's three monsters, his most powerful creature was summoned to his field (3000/1200). The crowd was in awe at the sight of this monster, including Kerin. "Whoa, that's pretty strong." said Cappy.
"Strong and deadly, little man." said Jewel. "And when Barbaros is summoned by sacrificing three monsters, he destroys all cards on the opposing side of the field."
Cappy was shocked. "No way!"
"Barbaros, destroy his cards!"
"That's not good."
With one swing of his club, God Beastking Barbaros made a shockwave that wiped all of Cappy's cards off of the field, returning the field to normal in the process. Everyone, including Cappy and Kerin, had a stunned look on their faces. My cards... gone in one swing. thought Cappy.
Jewel laughed. "Barbaros, direct attack!" he ordered.
"Oh crap...." Cappy soon tok a blow that knocked him flat on his back <2600>.
"Cappy, are you okay?!" cried Kerin.
Cappy got up, but he took to his feet slowly. Ow... that was a real knockout blow right there. he thought. I can barely keep conscious...
"Not so mighty anymore, are you?" asked Jewel. "One thing I've learned about your deck is that the strongest monster you have can't touch Barbaros. Even that prized Sengenjin of yours is only 2750, 250 points weaker than this guy. And the other cards that can save you are already in your graveyard: Blade Rabbit; Cat's Ear Tribe; Rampaging Rhynos; all in your graveyard.

"There's nothing left in your deck that can stop the Beastking that's ready to finish you off. But I will admit this, Pegasus was wise in telling me that your deck is formidable at full strength. My turn is over, but you might as well give it up. Nothing will save you from this monster, not even your strongest cards."
"Cappy..." Kerin trailed off.
"Don't cry for him, everybody. He played one hell of a duel, it just wasn't meant to be his victory."
"That doesn't matter to us." someone said in the crowd. This someone was a young girl. "Even if Cappy does lose his title, he'll still be our Beastmaster." and the crowd agreed with her.
"He won't have the title, so there's no point."
"You know..." Cappy managed to say, "a strong duelist that I admire once said, 'My title is one thing, but I would gladly lose it if it meant standing up for the ones that I care about and the ones who care about me.' You may know him as the True Dragon Lord. Jam would give his title up, put it on the line without fear of losing it, just to show love to everyone who gave love to him. And I will do the exact same thing here, thought I'm still fighting the fact that I'm about to faint." and Cappy drew. "This was a great duel, Jewel. But the cards are in my favor today, so victory is mine and not yours. I play Double Summon..."
"Two monster this turn, huh... too bad they won't save you."
"On the contrary, these monster will do the trick. So first, I will summon The Trojan HOrse (1600/1200)."
"Next."
"And finally, my other secret weapon. Say hello to my new monster, the Sea Koala." and Cappy's new monster appeared on the field (100/1600).

"Some trick, those monster can't touch Barbaros." Jewel smirked.
"Wrong, these monsters will bring your Beastking down. Since you wanna talk about my cards, lemme ask you if you are familiar with my Catnipped Kitty?"
"I saw your duel with Roc Solid, so what?"
"Well, Sea Koala is the opposite of Catnipped Kitty. Catnipped Kitty lets me lower the DEF points of one opposing monster to 0, well, my Sea Koala lets me lower the ATK points of one opposing monster to 0."
"Well that sounds pretty--No!"
"Yes. Sea Koala, lower the Beastking's ATK power to 0." and that's just what happened. Using the seashell in its paws, the sound weakened Jewel's monster and shocked all spectators.
Barbaros has no ATK points.... Cappy, you did it. Kerin cheered mentally as her eyes began to glow.
The crowd was all smiles. "Trojan Horse, destroy his Beastking." Cappy gave his order and his horse charged towards Jewel's monster.
"And since The Trojan Horse has 1600 ATK to your 1400 life points, you lose the duel." Kerin added.
"I can't believe it... I was thwarted after all." said Jewel and he saw his God Beastking Barbaros fall in battle. "I can't believe that I lost <0>..."

Cappy was applauded and even took a few shakes on a job well done. "Good job, Beastmaster." said someone in the crowd.
"Thanks, it wasn't easy." said Cappy.
"You reall are a strong duelist." said Kerin.
"Anyone can be a strong duelist, Kerin."
"I have to admit that I was bested this duel." said Jewel. "You truly showed how much you live up to your title."
"Did you expect any less?"
"Not really, little man."
"Enough with the 'little man' cracks already."
"Sorry, but that what you'll always be to me. But anyway, this card is yours." and Jewel hands Cappy the God Beastking Barbaros card.
Cappy takes, then looks at the card. "You're really giving me this card?"
"Yup, you deserve it. Just don't tell Pegasus that I gave it to you."
"Sure."
"And remember, don't let anything get taken from you... not even your name." and off Jewel went.
Cappy and Kerin watched him go, the Cappy adds the card to his deck. "I'm glad that's over." he said.
"Me too."
"That was way too rough." and Cappy finally fell over.
"Hey!" Kerin manages to catch Cappy. "I guess you fell out after all. No matter, you've earned the rest." She then takes Cappy under her arm and heads off with a worn out Beastmaster in tote.