Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ What Destiny Decides ❯ The Beginning ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

What Destiny Decides

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or Yu-Gi-Oh . Rumiko and Kazuki Takahashi do.

Chapter One: The Beginning

Yugi Moto felt as if he were the happiest person in the world. He was finally twenty years old, and school was over! No more homework, tests, or teachers. He could get on with his life, get a job, and go somewhere. It was all finally over. Every challenge that had presented itself to him had been overcome with the help of his friends and Yami. He had proven himself equal. After college graduation, he had abandoned his usually quiet and reserved self and lifted Tea, his girlfriend, above his head and swung her around (He had grown very tall very fast in the last five years. He was now only a little bit shorter than Tristan and Joey).

He still had some enemies, he knew, from all his past exploits, but they hadn't been up to anything for a while. That made him worried. But for now, he thought as he lay down on his bed in the small bedroom he owned above the Game Shop, I can rest. He had decided that he was probably going to take over the business when his grandfather retired. It made sense, since he had been picking up how to do it after years of helping Grandpa.

He wondered about the events happening around the world. He was worried, since there was a very serious war going between two major countries in Asia, and the U.S. had taken interest. They had sent over troops to help. Very much like Vietnam. Yugi thought. He was also worried, since the war had become so bad that the U.S. was starting to consider temporarily legalizing drafting into the army again, especially since one of the countries had threatened the U.S. That was definitely worrying him. If the law was passed, he and his friends could be trapped and sent to war. He loved peace; war was stupid. If people stopped killing each other and just listened, things could be a lot better. Then again, if he were shoved into boot camp, and then into the war, Yami would be a great leader. There was just this quality of command about him… Yugi fell asleep without realizing it.

Several hours later…

Yugi woke up with a start. He'd had a horrible dream where something terrible was happening, but he didn't know what it was and he couldn't help. He shuddered. It was just a dream.

"Are you so sure?" asked a voice.

"No, not really," he replied to Yami. "It was too much like the dreams I had during the times when people were almost constantly trying to get the Puzzle. I had dreams like that then, prophetic dreams. Do you think it means something?"

"It could," said Yami, "you never know. We've been through too much in the last few years to not be concerned"

"Why do these things always seem to happen to us?" asked Yugi. "Hasn't everybody been put through enough?"

"Nobody gets to choose what happens to them," answered Yami. "They have to do what destiny decides…"