Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Dread of my Heart ❯ My other self? What dread and anger can create. ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

My head stung, I was in pain, but something went threw my head, something clearly visible. I had dreamt about it again, dreaming about Spark. In front of me lay pure desert sand as I opened my eyes fully, my clothes looked torn and used, but were they my clothes? Looking at them franticly I noticed that I wore a long Egyptian dress, it covered my entire body from head to toe. I searched around for any sign of life before turning my head. Behind me lay a large City, but it looked so…Ancient and unreal. I stared in confusion before I searched for one of my Pokeball's, luckily; they had not disappeared like my actual clothes had.
 
Releasing one of my Pokemon I patted him, letting his hot body move and shudder in delight. “Flame are you alright, has everything been okay,” I asked him, his brown eyes responding with a happy touch. My Flame was actually a Flareon, but I had decided to give them all names of their Elements. Flareon was Flame, Vaporeon was Rain, Jolteon was Thunder, Umbreon was Night and Espeon was Light, only Eevee had an actual name, Silph. Skarmory received the name Swift for a reason; he was more accurate and fast then any other of his kind I had ever encountered.
 
I walked towards the large buildings, Flame walking beside me, curious about the new surroundings. “Flame you should be careful this might be an illusion of some sort,” I told him, he nodded in agreement. A sudden pain floated threw my soul as I tripped over a stone and kneeled beside my Pokemon. I suddenly clung to my Flareon; the sudden images of Spark floating threw my memory. “Flareon, FLAREON!” I snapped back to reality, I was sitting in the hot sand, my eyes in tears; Flame had called me back to reality. “Thank…you Flame,” I spoke softly, my voice sounded cracked once again, even if the pain of Spark's death had left me, the images of the man who had actually killed him never left.
 
Flame was worried again, his feet carried him in circles for a while, his light taps in the hot sand smoothed my thoughts and I took him into my arms, cuddling him lightly. “Eon, flare,” he said shortly before I let him go. “Sorry Flame, but the past doesn't go that easy,” I told him, he nodded in agreement. Flame was docile and had a brave nature, just like all the other Pokemon I had trained, they all looked up to me, were worried about me when I was sick or down. They acted just like humans in more then one way.
 
I smiled once again, earning a loud jape of joy from him. “Come on Flame, let us proceed with our walking or we will never make it to the City,” and with that we left…
 
*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'* '*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'
 
Inside of the City walls we encountered numerous of dark skinned people, no light skinned ones. It was rather weird, but at the same time so fascinating. The stores outside of the houses were loaded with fruit and vegetables, even bread, no meat, just fish in all kinds of shapes, were they called fish here? Flame was as amazed as I was about the behaviour and culture we now looked at, his brown eyes scanning the area with care and confusion. My heart raced as I encountered two young boys, their eyes fixed on me and Flame. “What is that,” one of them asked me, his eyes shining with fear?! “It is a Flareon,” I stated, “His name is Flame.” The two looked at me before proceeding with their game. “Probably another Shadow creature,” the second boy stated.
 
A Shadow creature, what was that? My Flareon blinked a couple of times before japing at me that we should continue. I smiled at him before gaining the courage to walk further; this place we were caught in frightened me. Searching for any signs of my world and Yugi's world, we spotted nothing, no technology and no Pokemon. I sighed in disbelief, why was this happening? My thoughts drifted to the card I had received from Lugia and I searched my pockets with care. As I failed to find it I frowned loud, Flame noticing my anger. “Flare, flar, eon,” he spoke to me, smoothing me once again with his soft voice. I patted him on the head and walked further, my eyes never leaving reality.
 
Flame ran beside me, following my steps, he too was wary about this place. The people didn't seem normal, but somehow dangerous. They seemed ready for anything, killing if needed. My heart raced more, skipping beats as people stared at me or Flareon, my face luckily covered with a hood. My steps became faster and bigger, so did Flame's and we rushed threw the rest of the crowd. As we finally stopped, we looked up at a large building, resembling a palace. “What is that,” I asked my Pokemon, receiving a small replay in his language. We looked at it with big eyes and I soon realised that we were not only staring at a building, but at people who rushed out of the palace gates and threw them.
 
We did the same, out of pure nosiness. We entered threw a gate, landing in a pile of people who were paying off taxes. “Reon, flare, flare,” Flame spoke to me, worried. “I know, just stay calm and nothing will happen.” “You,” a dull sounding voice echoed threw the palace front yard! I turned my face to see somebody pointing at me and Flame. “Come with me,” he yelled! Everybody stared at us and I gulped, Flame gaining the courage to move before me. We stepped threw another pair of large gates and landed in an area I thought never existed. “This one is for execution,” the guard yelled, was he a guard? At the word execution, Flame hopped in front of me, protectively.
 
I gulped once again, looking around frantically, a large group of people stood at a wooden desk, one dressed in the most finest clothing around, a Pharaoh. “Let the execution prevail,” he said, his voice reminding me of someone. “Yugi,” I asked, “no Yami,” I added to my thoughts. His eyes shone the most perfect shade of purple, but his height was not overly big, he was about my size. Flame barked loud, walking backwards and forwards warningly, his eyes inflaming a fierce red / brown. “First the girl, then the dog, it's the quickest way and gets rid of the screams faster,” the guard announced!
 
“Why are you killing me,” I asked? “Because you are a witch,” a simple respond with an amazing effect. “And how do you come to that conclusion,” I questioned? “Your creature,” he pointed at Flareon. “That is a Pokemon, not a creature,” I stated plainly to him. He shrugged before ripping at my arm and tearing me to the floor, where a friend of his hovered with a sword. “Do not move peasant, witch, and then it will be less painful,” he told me as he let go of me. Flame was staring at me, shocked and anger rising in his body. I looked at him, then on the people over at the wooden desk, it was Yami, and there was this Seto Kaiba as well and there was Mr. Motou, but was it?
 
I blinked a couple of times before I heard the guard yell a word. “Ready!” His words filled me with fear. “Set,” he added, as if it was a normal sports game. My heart raced and something burst from me before he said the final words. “FLAME, PLEASE, HELP ME!” My words got stuck in my throat as a memory passed my mind, Spark, then light, then a bush and then darkness. Flame came bursting towards the sword, which was an inch away from my throat. He tackled the swordsman, letting the shiny object fly threw the air and landing far away. His flames burned the guard who had given the permission, leaving him twisting in agony on the sand. My face was a mixture of shock and relief, but the words stung, these three simple words not including the name.
 
Flame twisted in the air as the swordsman tried to stab him with a dagger, a mighty roar erupting from his throat. The swordsman cowered in fear before he let go of the small object. The Pharaoh and his bystanders gazed at me and Flame, shock and disbelief crossing their thoughts. A small light caught my eyes and something inside of me started to gain life, it was painful. “FLAREON,” Flame shouted next to me as I held my entire body. My heart raced too fast, my mind twisted and I felt dizzy. I recalled my Pokemon threw all this, earning a loud bark of displeasure as he left this world to return into his Pokeball.
 
I tried to get up, but my body was burning to shreds inside. I felt a wave of darkness over-flood my mind; as if it was poison creeping threw my veins. My blood boiled like lava as something erupted out of my body, a dark light twisting in the air. Its large wings spreading in the sky and for the first time I had seen what had gathered up inside of me, from my dread and grief, from my hate and anger. The creature didn't resemble a Pokemon, neither a Dual Monster in my opinion. The creature looked more real then a simple soul creature, but too blurry for a real Pokemon. “What are you,” I thought?
 
The enormous wings covered half of the grounds I sat in, my mind triggering something. Its eyes shone a dusty purple, his two fangs larger then the spiky rest. His body resembled a dark Phoenix bird. His long dark feathers looked like the long whips of a Tauros. In number his feathers shone, once black, once purple and once blood red. His head crown was a numerous numbers of feathers and scales, his claws as sharp as a metal razor made out of titan. My eyes widened in shock, this creature rested inside of me! I shock in fear and before I could react, arms embraced me into a light hug. “It is okay, no need to fear your creature,” the voice echoed threw my mind.
 
“Yugi,” I questioned? His eyes blinked before I felt sleep overcome me, this was one strange feeling I will never forget…
 
*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'* '*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'
 
I woke up, my eyes looking at a round table, a man standing beside it. “Who…are you,” I asked lightly, his head twisted. “You have awoken from your trip,” he told me, his golden and turquoise eyes scanning my expression. “Then…it was a dream?” “Oh no, it was sure reality, but before the Pharaoh could kill you, I sent for you and you returned safely,” he explained. “I am Dartz,” he started, his turquoise bangs falling into his face, his hair longer then I thought. “You…you are the one who captured my friend Yugi,” I called to him, anger razing in my voice! “Oh no, I did not capture him, I took him, his soul was too dirty to exist,” he told me. “Yugi, never did anything wrong,” I spoke, my heart aching, how could he talk about my friend like that?!
 
“Then why did the Seal catch him, it only captures evil and selfish souls,” he plainly stated towards me, his smile never leaving his face. “What have you done to Joey,” my question rang threw the large hall we were in as I saw the small engraved picture on the large stone tablets around us? “He was defeated by Mai, his friend, but she as well has to face the danger that lies in the depths of my monster,” he said to me, watching my expression change to fear. “Then, what do you want with me,” I asked? “Your grief and twist of feelings makes you the best target in getting what I want, your marvellous creature will feed my beast to become the greatest of them all, then, not even the three Warriors will be able to defeat me,” his words sounded harsh and brutal.
 
“Why…,” I stared before being cut off. “You ask me why first now? Because my beast needed time to regain life, not everything comes without a price, your very life was in stake at the palace of the Pharaoh, his cruel siblings were trying to kill you and the creature you had created during the death of your Pokemon, I must admit, never ever had I seen anybody as sad and desperate as you.” His words and sentence stung into my chest like a sting from a Beedrill. “I can see you still grief, even if it is not as bad as before, your Pokemon made sure of that by stepping over the eternal line,” he explained to me, but I did not catch on.
 
Silence filled the room. “Where are my friends,” I asked? “Where you soon will be,” he told me and the room flooded with darkness before we arrived in a different part of the world. “You dear friend soon will come to help you, even if he does not know where you are, but he does think that I have something to do with it, oh, he is so right,” he smirked, his face falling into his own memories. I sat and stared at him, who was the insane man, Dartz, a man without a real past, or with hate marked into his soul? My eyes and thoughts shifted to my Pokeballs, should I ask them for help? Was it right doing that? I sat and thought for a long time before coming to the conclusion that this man might be able to hurt them a great deal more then they had experienced.
 
“You are absolutely right, your precious creatures come before you,” he stated sarcastically. “Why are you the only person with this attitude, why cant others see your dread, why do you care about others more then your own life, let me understand,” Dartz words didn't make any sense, why was he talking like this, of course, it could be possible that he was not the one talking, but the beast that resident inside of him. What was that creature? “Leviatan,” Dartz called aloud. I blinked confused. “What?” His smile became more gruesome as I felt my life shred. “You will soon find out,” he announced as a small green light in-circled me. “What…what are you doing?!”
 
“I am doing what I should have done weeks ago!” His words stuck in my memory and my sight faded. “Am I…am I…loosing…myself…
 
*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'* '*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'
 
I woke up; lying on the floor, voices echoing threw my blurred vision. “Nika, Nikashi, are you okay, speak to me, say something,” was that Tea? “Tea, is that you,” I asked before something embraced me. “I thought you were dead, your soul nearly shredded if it hadn't been for Kaiba, Joey and Yugi, I was so worried!” “My soul…would have… shredded?” I looked up, Yugi standing in front of me. “Hey Nika, long time no see,” he said in his usual bright self. I blinked rapidly before hugging him nearly to death. “Yugi, you are okay!!” I slammed myself into him, hugging him tightly. “Nika you are strangling me!” The others laughed and I felt relived. He was back and healthy, everything would be okay now…
 
*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'* '*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'
 
I fell silent as I stared at my new friends. “Are you going to be okay Nika, we might never see each other again,” Yugi asked me? “No problem Yugi, I have my Pokemon and Silph will always look after me,” I told him, my Eevee sparkling with agreement. My face was not an expression of grief, but I had found out that it was not too bad to do so. Feeling pain is something normal, but to over do it was bad, I had to beat my own monster to survive the future and I was willing to give my best for my Pokemon and friends. “So Nikashi, see ya around when you return home,” Joey said to me, shaking my hand.
 
I nodded, a slight feel of guilt rising inside of me, leaving them alone again and still in America. “Hope you can beat the new Hoenn League, I wish you good luck and don't forget to text us, do you hear,” Tristan stated to me! I again only smiled and nodded. “Take care Nika, and don't forget, if you feel alone you can always return to us,” Tea's voice gave me more courage and I embraced her, she was a true friend. “And be careful that you don't get hurt like last time,” Rebecca announced and stuck out her tongue. “Don't worry, this time I will fight him off,” I said quietly, my face turning a slight red colour.
 
“Hey Nika, I hope you can fight off everything that they put in front of you, I bet you will become the best Pokemon Trainer ever, I am sure of that, just believe in yourself and in the Heart of your Monsters,” he told me, replacing the Pokemon with the Cards. I laughed at his attempt to say goodbye, but something else overpowered my urge to fight; I had to go and search for him. “Kick his ass when you do find him,” Joey told me, my worried and angry face told them who I was thinking of, I had after all, been here for several weeks. The GP Tournament was funny to watch, but now I had to return, leaving Yugi and Tea alone again.
 
“Take care Nikashi, you are welcome to return to my Game Store any time,” Mr. Motou told me, with a happy expression. “Thanks, I will probably do so Mr. Motou, it was nice seeing you all again, I hope we meet again somebody soon, when I am…the Champion,” I smiled; I really wanted to full fill my dreams. Another warm smile emerged threw the rounds and a shining light caught my attention, the gate had opened, but only I could see that. “I…will have to go now, be careful all of you and I hope you have a great future, I surely will follow mine destiny and help obtain whatever my Pokemon need, I will miss all of you…deeply,” the light emerged brighter and I turned round to leave.
 
“And Pharaoh, may you find your true past, I am sure you were a great and loyal Pharaoh to your country,” I shouted back before going threw the large portal like window and vanishing back to my dimension.
 
I looked around before Silph and I looked at each other. “Come on Silph,” I said, determination shining in my eyes once more, “let us find him; I want him to see how much better I have become since he killed Spark….