Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ In Your Eyes ❯ Never Got Your Name ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I own neither Sailor Moon nor Yu-Gi-Oh

Sharem: Oh! I did not mention in the prologue when this story takes place. It takes place about two years after the end of the Stars season. I really don't know about Yu-Gi-Oh because all I've seen are the episodes that are shown on WB. But I do read Shonen Jump and they have the manga of Yu-Gi-Oh in it…^_^

In Your Eyes

Chapter One - Never Got Your Name

Makoto yawned slightly as she waited for her bus to arrive. She had been using Domino's public transportation for about a month now and really did not mind it. She grinned as she remembered her first meeting with her 'Bus Buddy'…

Flashback…

Makoto smiled at the man who accidentally hit her on the head and told him that it was okay. She studied the man who sat next to her and got lost in his honey brown eyes. There was something compelling within their depths that called out to her soul. The man noticed her staring at him and he chuckled as the brunette blushed.

"Like what you see?" he asked with a twinkle of amusement in his eyes. He laughed as Makoto's blush deepened. "Sorry…I just had ta tease ya there. I've never seen ya on the bus before…new in town?"

Makoto nodded, her eyes roaming over the man's physique and golden blonde hair. "Yeah…I moved to this city just last week."

The blonde man tilted his head to one side and smiled. "Where did ya move from?"

"Oh, I come from the Juuban district in Tokyo. A friend of mine moved here six months ago and she got me the job," the tall woman answered, smiling.

The man nodded as he leaned back into the seat. "That's really nice…it's great to have friends like that. Take me for example. I didn't know what to do after I graduated from high school, but a friend of mine got me a good job and I've been there for nearly two years now."

They talked that way for about forty-five minutes until Makoto's stop came up. She thanked the man for the conversation and they said good-bye. As soon as she was walking and the bus pulled away, she realized that they never told each other their names…

End Flashback…

Makoto was about to sit down on the bench when the bus showed up. She got on the bus, paid the fare and found a seat towards the front. She made sure that no one would sit next to her until her 'Buddy' shows up. She then smoothed out the wrinkles in her tan shorts and smiled proudly at her shirt. It was a polo shirt with short sleeves, it was khaki colored and had the logo of the Domino Wildlife Rescue Center on it with the word "Staff" above the logo.

She sighed as she rehearsed what she wanted to say to 'Buddy' when he shows up. She got some news at work that was going to affect her riding the bus everyday for work. Just as Makoto was going through her words a second time, 'Buddy' got on the bus, paid his fare and grinned as he saw his friend.

"Hey there," 'Buddy' replied cheerfully as he sat next to the senshi. "How are ya this morning?"

"I'm doing great," Makoto replied, smiling back. "They finally gave me some shirts at work last Friday."

'Buddy' examined the shirt and nodded. "So ya work at the wildlife center?" he asked. "That's cool."

The brunette nodded as she rummaged through the backpack she always carried to work. She pulled out a small lunchbox and handed it to her friend. "Here's the lunch I promised you, bud," she replied, giggling to herself as her friend's eyes went wide and he practically drooled at the sight of the box.

"Thanks!" he exclaimed as he grabbed the box and hugged it. "Ya make the best food!"

Makoto laughed more. "You're welcome. When you told me that you don't have time to eat, I just thought I'd do this for you."

"Oh, you are the best," 'Buddy' grinned as he stowed the lunchbox in his own bag.

The two friends were quiet for the next few minutes, both of them just enjoying each other's presence. Makoto then turned her head and found that 'Buddy' was staring at her with his beautiful honey brown eyes. He seemed like he was hesitant about something and did not know what to do or say.

"I…I'll be gettin' my driver's license tomorrow," he admitted. "I'll be able to drive to work from now on."

Makoto felt her heart drop for a moment. She did not know what to say to that but then she remembered what she was going to say to her friend. "Really?" she asked, the tone in her voice a little flat.

'Buddy' nodded as he looked down at his tan slacks. "Yeah…"

The tall brunette tentatively put her hand on his hand and squeezed it lightly. "You know that I'll miss our talks…" she trailed off as her friend nodded absently. "And…I wanted to tell you that one of my co-workers will be picking me up and taking me to work."

The blonde man's head popped up and put his other hand over Makoto's. "An' I'll miss our talks too…"

Before Makoto could tell the man her name, the bus stopped at her stop. "I…I guess this is my stop," she replied lamely, her heart fluttering. She stood up and gathered her backpack as she turned to look at 'Buddy'. "I…"

"Hey, you're getting off or not?" the bus driver called out, the look on his face was stern and was apparently getting mad.

Makoto nodded as she made her way to the door. She turned her head and waved sadly at her friend as she left the vehicle. She watched it pull away as she started to walk the few blocks to her job.

She opened up the employees' only gate when she arrived and walked into the courtyard that was shaded with large oak trees. She put her bag down on one of the picnic tables and sighed as she sat down. She stared up at the morning sky, watching the wispy clouds float by.

A few minutes later, a petite young woman with short blue hair exited the building closest to the courtyard and made her way over to the brunette. She was wearing a pair of blue jeans and a shirt exactly the same as Makoto's. She detected the depression that the young woman was in.

"Makoto, you don't seem happy," the blue haired woman remarked as she sat next to the brunette.

The senshi of Jupiter glanced at the young woman and closed her eyes. "My bus buddy will be getting his license tomorrow…"

"And you still don't know his name?" the woman asked.

Makoto shook her head. "No…I was about to ask him his name when the bus driver got mad and I had to leave. Oh Ami, why does this always happen to me?"

Ami gave her friend a hug. "Makoto, things like this happen for a reason. Maybe you will see him again someday."

The tall brunette shrugged as she stood up from the table and made her way to the building Ami came out of. "Maybe, Ami…but I don't know. All I know is that I'm going to be dreaming about this guy for quite some time. He…has the most amazing eyes, Ami. It was almost as if he could see into my heart and I his."

The senshi of Mercury sighed and nodded as she followed her friend back inside the building.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The bus stopped in front of an office building and the blonde haired man got off. He gathered his bag close and opened the glass doors of the building. Just as he entered, a young man with black hair in a long ponytail came up. He noticed his friend's gloomy expression.

"Hey, Jounouchi, what's wrong?" the man asked as they both headed for an elevator.

Jou looked up at his friend and sighed. "I told the girl of my dreams that I'll be getting my driver's license tomorrow, Otogi."

Otogi looked at the blonde with confusion on his face. "Then what's the matter?"

"She will be getting rides to work starting tomorrow from someone she works with…" Jou took in a deep breath.

Otogi shrugged as they got on an elevator. He pressed the button for the top floor and then turned to face his friend. "Jou, is there anything special about her that makes her your dream girl?"

The blonde got a dreamy look on his face as he thought of the girl on the bus. "It's…her eyes, Otogi. They are an amazing shade of emerald green. I feel as if she could see into my soul. Our lives met, Otogi…and I wished that we could never be apart."

Just as the bell rang, signaling that they were at the top floor, Jou sighed, "And I still never got her name…"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

AN: Not a very long chapter, but I think it sets up the tone for the rest of the story. Who would have thought that Otogi would be the one to give Jou a job? ^_^ heh heh…