Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Saria Paige's Story ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I only own Saria Paige. Persian Cadna belongs to Jacqueline Jolly (my best friend!) and Maxie Clover belongs to Carolanne West (my former friend)

Saria Paige's Story:

Chapter 1

I still don't know exactly why it happened. I've regained most of my memories now, with the help of Sonic and his friends. Wait, you're probably wondering what the heck am I talking about, right? Well, I guess I oughta start at the beginning…

It was a nice day in the Village of Sacred Stones. I was just a little kid, no older than 4 or 5 years old. I remember me and my friends were playing. We studied under the village Sensei known as Karu Iranu. He was a good man, who held much strength. His grandson, Takao, was a good friend of mine. I still don't know where he went. Anyway, there were a lot of boys in the village. All families required a boy to fight and protect the village at age 14. If there wasn't a boy, or the boy was unable to learn, a girl would take their place. For my family, I was the fighter. It suited me, too. I was a rough `n' tough tomboy with a thirst for adventure and a love for sacred things. POWERFUL things. Now, don't think that made me a baddie, oh no. It actually helped me understand things in later life. Takao and I were also friendly rivals. You could say our personalities clashed. I was laid-back and didn't worry about anything. Takao was a sensible person, who liked to fight and spar, but also read books and wrote short stories. He and I were almost the same strength. I was stronger, and no one knew why. Also, I wasn't afraid to bend the rules a little bit. Actually, I was the `little troublemaker' of the kids in Sensei's class. My parents were proud of me. My father made swords. Children were only allowed to use wooden swords, AKA a bokuto. Sensei taught us how to use physical moves and swordsmanship. Takao and I were in an accelerated class, because of our strength. I still remember that fateful day. Now, I told you that I wasn't afraid to break or bend the rules? Well, the rules said that children were not allowed to venture into the Forest of Sacred Stones. Well, being the foolish little kid I was, I wasn't afraid. The other children my age had heard rumors that the forest was guarded by spirits, and didn't care who entered. They would supposedly kill a child on sight if they were to enter. Well, the other kids were scared shitless of the `spirits'. I wasn't. And I would prove that, with a band of kids. "Hey, Saria! Come here!" Takao called. "Yeah?" "You know the rumors? The ones about the spirits? No one but the Sensei knows what's in those woods. You too scared to see?" Takao asked. "No way! I'm curious!" I answered boldly. So, Takao, Me, and his friends headed into the Forest of Sacred Stones. "Scared yet?" Nuke, one of Takao's pals, asked me. "No way! Not ever!" I said. We got through easily. "Hah. I knew those spirits were fake." I said. Suddenly, my breath caught in my throat. There, in front of our eyes, was the most beautiful sight. It was a shrine, with 9 stones. They were different colors. "Oh WOW!" Mana, a girl I knew, said in awe. "You said it…" I said. We ran over to the shrine. Now, if you're thinking I'm talkin' Chaos Emeralds here, you're way off. These were known as the Sacred Stones, the things my village had been created to protect. I saw them, seven of them were the colors of the rainbow. Two, however, were not. One was pure white, the other was black and dark purple. "Woah…" I went over and touched the black and purple Stone. "This one's cool…" I said as I felt the rough texture. "Th-that's the Dark Stone. It's said to take over the Chosen One's body and destroy everything. So far, the Chosen One hasn't been born yet. However, it's said that the Chosen One will be a girl. So, it could be anyone." Takao explained. "Yikes!" I dropped it. "Come on, let's go back before our moms and dads find out. Or worse, the Sensei!" Mana said. "Yeah, okay." We left the shrine. However, the Dark Stone began to glow. I was the only one who noticed. Late that night, I was practicing my swordsmanship. It was probably midnight. Suddenly, I noticed a dark glow in the Forest of Sacred Stones. "Huh? What's up?" I asked aloud. I pulled on my clothes, my shoes, and my headband, and ran to the shrine. I noticed the Dark Stone glowing much more. "Wha…!" That's all I can remember. I had blacked out. When I awakened, I saw my entire village, slaughtered. "What?!" I heard someone crying. `Takao?!' I ran in the direction of the voice. My suspicions were right. "T-Takao? A-are you o-okay?!" I ran to his side. "S-Saria…" Takao stuttered weakly. I realized he was bleeding. "Takao! D-don't move, I'll get some bandages." I said. He probably realized it wasn't my fault. I had been possessed by the Dark Stone. I had bandaged him up well. "Saria…You know we can't stay here, right?" Takao asked. "Where can we go?" I asked him. "…I've heard of a village called Knothole." He said. "We could go there. It'll take us about a week to get there if we run." He said. All warriors in my village could run super-fast. Not as fast as the famous Sonic the Hedgehog, but still pretty darn fast. "Do you think we can make it? You know what's happening outside our village…Well, what WAS our village." I said. "I know, but what other choice do we h-have?" He asked. I had no answer. "…Okay, let's go." I said. Takao stood. I realized we didn't have to walk at all. A sort-of helicopter came down. "Huh? Is that one of Robotnik's?!" I asked. "No, it's one of King Acorn's! We're saved!" Takao shouted happily. "Yay!" I said. Suddenly my breath caught again. Out stepped Sonic the Hedgehog, Princess Sally Acorn, and a party of Freedom Fighters. "Oh!" Takao bowed. I was too happy. "You're here to save us, aren't you? I knew it!" I launched at Sonic and hugged him. "Heh heh. Yup." He smiled and ruffled my quills (or spines, whatever you wanna call `em). "Oh my. What on Earth happened?" Sally said. "Eep!" Tails said. He was obviously scared of all the corpses. "S-someone attacked our village. I-I don't kn-know who it w-was." Takao stuttered weakly. "Wait! Mommy and Daddy!" I shouted. I was young, and didn't know the concept of death. When I found their bodies, I couldn't help myself. I fell to my knees and sobbed. My friends. My family. All of them but Takao were gone. Even the Sensei was gone. I knew Takao was in worse condition than I was. Both his parents died in battle when he was only a child. Sensei and the village were all he had left. I went into my house and took out the swords. I looked at the steel swords my father and mother used in that same battle against Robotnik's (now known as Eggman) army. Our village won. My parents had named the swords Suvii Lei (father's) and Mala Luha (mother's). I held them in my hands for a moment. "Hey, kid. You okay?" I turned to see Sonic standing beside me. "Listen, my parents were taken too. By Ro-Butt-Nik. Along with my Uncle Chuck. They were roboticized. But…to never see your parents again…man…" He placed a hand on my shoulder. "Those are nice swords, you know." I sniffled. "Th-they…M-my m-mommy a-and d-d-daddy made them th-themselves…*sniffle* D-Daddy told me th-that I would u-use them when I was o-old e-eno-enough…" I sobbed. "There, there. It'll be okay." Sonic said. He helped me pack my belongings, including the swords, and led me and Takao to the helicopter. I thought it was all over. I figured I didn't have to worry. But as fate had planned, this was only the beginning…