Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic Duals ❯ The Games ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

So-Ni-Coh!
Daniel Sargeant
Chapter 1: The game
(First, this is only being posted on the permission of Kattx, who created the Duel Ham Series. This is an inspiration to that fanfic. The Sonic Cast does not belong to me, nor does any of the Yugioh cast or cards. I'm not making any profit off this fanfic. Any other characters are © to me.)
 
The funny thing about a project is it's demanding all the time. Tails current project for Pegasus J Crawford was a new enhanced state of the art projection device for his card game. This project is particularly challenging for our young fox. Tails sighed as a code wouldn't input into the device… again.
 
Tails had spent several weeks on this one project, surprisingly enough; she had sent a message to all her friends telling them of this project. They all took it too well as they forced themselves to not see her, to let her concentrate. Unfortunately, she had recently sent them another message informing them of soon to be completion, despite the inability to foresee this predicament. She knew that they would arrive so… the doorbell rang. Tails instantly knowing who is it. She lifted her hand to a small button above her head, on a shelf, which clicks the door open for her guests.
 
Sonic, Knuckles, Amy, Rouge, Tikal, Cream, Shadow and Blaze all walk in. Tails looked down upon the group, from her elevated seat, allowing her to work on this huge machine in the room.
“Woah Tails… that thing is huge.” Sonic called out as a way to break the sudden silence. “Is that it?”
“This is the more powerful version of some smaller portable ones I plan to make in the future.” Tails spoke. “It basically reads all cards through a precise scanner built into two different area's and create a holographic image right where the card is placed, in the large area provided.” Tails sighed however. “But I've been having trouble entering all the codes… Pegasus has provided me with a complete monster list and a data disk of the artwork, created in a 3D modelling program for my use. I have several of the monsters already inserted; however these gods are being a pain. I don't see why he wanted them put in, because it's illegal to use them in a duel.” Shadow, out of nowhere, walked forward to the computer, which was in the process of downloading all the data. He looked at the data processing.
“It appears you have everything else already input correctly into the computer, why not test it out.” He suggested.
“I take it you have already practiced the game…” Tails spoke.
“I have.” Shadow spoke.
“Me too.” Tikal added.
“All of you have your own created decks right?” Tails questioned. Everyone nodded.
“Right, Well… um…” Tails clicked a switch on her seat, allowing herself to be lowered to the floor level. “Tikal… I'll duel you with my supped up effects, as requested by Pegasus, they are as powerful and realistic as the descriptions of each card.”
“Sure.” Tikal agreed. Tails led her to her area and began showing her what to do. Everyone crowded around.
“It's fairly simple, as you can see, the setup is much like that of the typical deck. However, some things are different. Each area has a slot, leading to this little bit here, known as the graveyard, I've made it so you do not need to touch your cards when they are destroyed or tribute. Everything is voice activated, so speech is all that is needed as well as setting and summoning your cards… um… maybe it's easier to show… so, place your shuffled deck here and we can begin.” Tails wondered off to her side of the field. The others found available locations to watch and waited. “Don't forget about fusion cards and things, they go into their own slot too. That one has a special function. You'll see later.” Tikal and Tails quickly sorted out what was going where. The girls placed their decks down and drew five cards from their deck. A small needle span quickly and froze in a direction, pointing at Tikal.
“You're first.” Tails said. Tikal drew a card and looked at her hand.
“Right…” Tikal took some cards into her other hand. “I'll set this monster on the field, and these three cards.” She placed the cards down on the field, and in the simulation zone, the boxes flash to show they are active. “You're turn.” Tails took her card.
“In accordance to the effect of this card, I summon Cyber Dragon.” Tails said, as her dragon appears on the field in all its glory. Everyone looks up on the monster in awe at the brilliant effects. Tikal then questioned her.
“But I don't understand. How can you possibly summon it, it requires tributes.” She said.
“The card state's as so… `If there is a monster on your opponent's side of the field and there are no monsters on your side of the field, you can Special Summon this card from your hand.' Since you have a monster, Cyber Dragon rises to defend me from any possible threat. Isn't she sweet?” Tails smiled. (2100/1600)
“That's troublesome…” Tikal muttered under her breath.
“Now, I set these three cards and summon Infernal Dragon,” (2000/0) “and attack your monster with Cyber Dragon.” And as she said that Cyber Dragon blasted towards Tikal's face down card. It arrives and digs into a field, where a monster is soon revealed, and quickly destroyed. “What was that?” Tails questioned.
“Maharaghi.” Tikal replied. “Please, continue.” Tails smiled.
“I'll end my turn here.” She spoke.
“Why? Infernal Dragon is still available to attack me.”
“And have him be destroyed? No thanks. I'd rather keep hold of him for now. Besides, you have enough to deal with on just the second turn.” Tails passed the game on.
“Fine, due to my monster Maharaghi's effect, I get to look at the card on top of my deck before drawing and place it either at the bottom or top of my deck.” Tikal looks at her card on her deck. She places it back on the top… then draw's it. “I'll keep hold of it.” She spoke. “Now, I'll set this card down on the field…” Tikal places the same card down. “Now, I'll activate the Swords of Revealing Light, to stop you in you're tracks for a good three turns.” Tails frowned.
“Oh well.”
 
“Good play.” Cream spoke.
“Well, Tikal is in a little bit of trouble.” Amy replied.
“It's only just started, she's at a down, but she's not in trouble yet.” Knuckles corrected.
 
“Tails… I wonder to myself, this machine… it's going to be used for big tournaments and stuff, right?” Tikal asked.
“Indeed it will, and as a reward, I've been given an invite to the next tournament as a special guest and I can take one extra person. We get to participate for free. However, I'm not picking favourites. So we can have a tournament of our own.” Tails said. “Anyone is welcome.” Everyone, except Shadow, cheered.
“Please continue your turn.” Tails asked. Tikal continued.
“Hmm… that's all I will do for now.” Tikal said. “You're turn.” Tails drew her card and smiled.
“I tribute my Infernal Dragon and summon Cyber Dragon, my second one.” She said as another Cyber Dragon replaces the Infernal Dragon. (2100/1600) “Now, I'll activate Photon Generator Unit, and tribute my Cyber Dragons to special summon Cyber Laser Dragon.” And the two dragons seemed to merge and form into a stronger variation of them. (2400/1800) “Since I can't attack. I'll end my turn.” Tails said. (SORL: 1)
Tikal drew her card.
“I tribute my face down card to summon Hieracosphinx.” Tikal said as her monster appeared. (2400/1200) This is troublesome… I'm not sure what to do… guess I'll take the gamble. “I activate Brain Control and take control of Cyber Laser Dragon. And I use them both to attack you, Tails.” And Tails felt the full pelt of both monsters as they struck her. (3200) Tails was actually thrown over the side of the room by the effects. Everyone looked over with concern.
“Damn… gotta lower the strength on the power of Cyber Laser…” Tails muttered. She stood and walked over to her spot. “Continue.” Tikal looked at her hand and field.
“No more for me, please go on.” Tikal said. Tails dragon returned to her. Tails drew her card. She smiled.
“Time for me to turn this back around. I activate Mystical Space Typhoon and destroy the Swords of Revealing Light.” And the swords were gone. “I activate Cyber Laser Dragon and destroy Hieracosphinx.” And the dragon powered up and destroyed Hieracosphinx.
 
“I don't understand, Amy… why did Cyber Laser Dragon destroy Hieracosphinx?” Cream asked.
“Because it's his effect… He can destroy a monster on the field with the same or more attack points as itself.” Amy explained.
“And, since it's still the main phase, Tails gets a free shot, unless Tikal can comeback with a trap card.” Shadow spoke up.
 
“I activate my battle phase and attack you, Tikal.” Tikal felt the pelt of Cyber Laser Dragon. (5600) “Now you can go.” Tikal drew her card and sighs.
“Skip…” She said sadly. Tails drew her card.
“This is a little disappointing, though I will admit I was worried for a little while.” Tails said to Tikal. “Don't worry, it'll be over soon.” Tails started her move. “I summon Cyber Phoenix,” (1200) “and activate Call of the Haunted to bring back Cyber Dragon.” (2100/1600) “And now we come to a conclusion. Attack my beautiful cyber beasts.” And the monsters charged Tikal. All attacking her, ending the duel and knocking Tikal away. Tails ejected the cards from the machine, allowing them to pick them up and shuffle them into their decks.
“That duel was short, but awesome.” Knuckles said aloud.
“I'll say, Fox-girl really knows how to hold her own in a duel.” Rouge replied.
“So, Tails runs a cyber deck, interesting.” Shadow said. “I'll test it out later.” Sonic walked over and pet Tails on the head.
“She's a good duellist, come a long way. We all have. But I was most impressed by that duel. Your Cyber Laser Dragon is awesome.” He said.
“I didn't even get to pull out the big guns. I was looking forward to bringing out a couple of fusions.” Tails moaned.
“Next time, Tails, next time.”
“So, what would you like to do?”
“Well, taking a break sounds good for me.” Tails said. “Let's go to town and see if there are any good duels on.” Tails then smiled. “I've already calibrated the data into a prototype portable dual disk.” Tails said as she walked over to her desk. She pulled out a machine and showed it to everyone. “Let's go find some people to test it on.” And the group left the house.
 
~@~
 
It had been a few hours, Sonic, Knuckles, Amy, Rouge, Tikal, Cream, Shadow, Tails and Blaze has met up with Silver and had taken on many of the people in the park they went to, using the new impressive device. Cream had just finished a duel with someone, everyone impressed at her skilful use of the type she chose.
 
Everyone had stopped to rest at a small café. They spoke about the duels they had, all of them having at least one.
“Well, I guess the competition here isn't up to standard.” Knuckles spoke first.
“Yeah, tell me about it. Most, if not all of these people were total washout tournament wannabes.” Rouge added her two cents. This caught the attention of a hooded character just sat in the corner. The hooded person looked over to them.
“So, Tails. When does you tournament start?” Cream asked sweetly, as she and Cheese at a banana split.
“Hmm… Well, we have the entrants. Remember I decided earlier you could only take part if you could defeat a person here, and then you're in.” Tails replied.
“That's all of us then, isn't it?” Rouge asked.
“Not me, I haven't even had time to fight yet. When it is my turn, I will show you all how great my spellcaster deck can be.” Silver spoke. Everyone caught the sound of a person laughing and they looked over to the hooded person. Shadow narrowed his eyes. Hmm… Female. He thought.
“Indeed I am, Shadow.” Said the figure. Everyone's eyes widened. The figure stood and walked over to them, her skin was clearly a golden colour, but they couldn't make out much more about her from this observation. Shadow burst up from his seat.
“How do you know my name?” He barked at her. She casually looked at him.
“It's easy to search the minds of someone else. I heard you were bitching about lack of competition here. Perhaps I might be able to entertain you.” The figure spoke. Her voice was sweet, yet somewhat creepy.
“All right! Yes! It is finally my turn to duel.” Silver said. He turned to Tails. “Tails, please may I borrow your device to thwart my foe.” Silver asked. Tails looked up at him and smiled.
“Sure.” She said as she handed him the duel disk. The figure walked outside.
“Where are you going?” Silver said as he used his mind to hold the figure still. The figure paused, and then continued walking. “What the? No one can break my psychic hold…” Silver gasped. The figure turned her head.
“I'm not duelling in a café, it will cause a ruckus.” Everyone took their food and walked out, having already paid.
 
After the relocation, everyone got ready for this duel. Silver took his deck and slotted it into his deck slot. He then pushed the button to launch the projectors. Everyone was shocked and surprised to see the figure do the same with her own duel disk.
“My name is Silver the Hedgehog! I will be your defeater today.” Silver introduced himself, with a slight cockiness.
“Call me Gate Guardian.” The girl spoke.
“Give me your real name.” Silver demanded. Gate Guardian simply giggled.
“No.” Silver got a little frustrated.
“Fine! It does not matter what you call yourself, you're going down.”
“Don't take it personally, but I'm not the one to lose today.” The duel started. (8000/8000) “Take your move, you won't get many.”
“As you wish! You are a fool.” Silver drew 5 cards and then a sixth. “To begin, I activate Mystic Plasma Zone.” And the zone changed, a force field of plasma appearing over everyone in the park, getting awes. A crowd beginning to form around the duel. “I now set this monster down and set this card down. It is your turn.” Gate Guardian drew her card.
“I'll set this monster down and two of these set down.” She spoke. “Next turn.”
“This will not last long.” Silver spoke. He drew his card. “Watch as I defeat you. I flip Gravekeeper's Guard face up, (1000/1900) and send your monster back to your hand as an effect.” Gate Guardian gets her card back, she shrugs it off. “Now, I tribute my monster for Chaos Command Magician. (2400/1900) Then I activate Premature Burial (7200) and bring back my Gravekeeper's Guard. I will now attack your defences, go my monsters.” And Gate Guardian felt the force of Silver's attack. (4600) “I hope you are a good as you think you are, cause I'm going to beat you sooner than expected otherwise.” Silver bragged.
“Well, I would have pulled you down to begin with, if I wasn't worried about flipping your Gravekeeper's Guard and losing my strong monster on the first move.” Gate Guardian spoke. “And you're Negate Attack would have proved annoying too.” Silver's eyes widened.
“I do not know what you are talking about. Make your move.”
“As you wish.” Gate Guardian pulled her card out. “I activate Hammershot, taking your CCM away.” And Silver's monster was smashed by a giant hammer.
“Aww man, no big deal.”
“I summon The Six Samurai - Zanji.” (1800/1300) “And I think I'll test how brave you are. Attack!” Zanji appears from a random mist and charges Silver's monster.
“I activate Negate Attack!” Silver spoke.
 
“Oh my…” Amy spoke suddenly.
“What is it?” Cream asked.
“That girl said he had Negate Attack, and he did… weird.”
“Oh yeah.” Cream said, remembering.
 
“Now it's your go, try harder.” Gate Guardian said.
“You are the one who is losing, remember?” Silver spoke as he drew his card.
“That will change.” Gate Guardian replied.
“I set my card into defence mode.” Silver spoke.
 
“That's good, his defence is enough to withstand the attack of that samurai.” Knuckles said.
“…” Shadow smirked and let out a small laugh. He forgot the zone removes 400 defences in exchange for 500 attacks.
 
“I summon my Kycoo The Ghost Destroyer to battle.” (1800/1600) “Due to my Plasma Zone, he gets 500 points on the attack. (2300)” That card must be a trap, maybe mirror force or something. With my monsters this strong, I best not risk it. “It's your go.”
 
“Why didn't he attack?” Knuckles asked.
“I don't know.” Sonic replied.
“He's lost it already.” Shadow spoke.
“I guess he doesn't trust the face down card on the field.”
 
Gate Guardian drew her card.
“I activate Tribute doll and tribute my Samurai for Sanga of the Thunder.” (2600/2300) “Attack, my lovely Sanga. Destroy the Kycoo” And Silver watched his monster fall. “You're expecting to win like this? Make your move. I'm ending you soon.”