Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic Duals ❯ Sonic and the Phantom Beasts! ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 7: Sonic and the Phantom Beasts!
 
(Marines Accent is purely a guess, I'm not sure how to do her accent, so when I figure it out, I will correct it later.)
 
The tournament had already bustled big time since the start, the team had all met up for lunch, except for Hitomi, who was still nowhere to be found.
“So, how is everyone doing?” Sonic asked. “I have 4 rings.”
“You won a match then?” Rouge asked.
“Oh yeah, he was quite easy, though I saw his honour in his cards, though only a beginner. I got 1 ring off of him.”
“My duellist was similar, though he lacked courage in his deck, he played okay. 4 rings are in my possession thanks to him.” Tails said.
“I lost my duel, that fire girl knew what she was doing.” Knuckles said. “2 rings left.”
“Fire girl?” Blaze asked.
“Yeah, me Sonic and Tails split up for about half an hour, during that time I was picked up and defeated by a girl who used only fire monsters.”
“I'm going to have to find this person.” Blaze said.
“I have only 1 ring remaining.” Silver said to everyone. “I was careless.” He said in shame. “But I still have a chance, and I will not blow it again.”
“I lost my duel too.” Blaze said. “But I wasn't careless with my rings, I still have 2.”
“2 for me as well.” Rouge said.
“Well, I got 4, nice enough kid, shame it was his last ring.” Tikal said.
“I got 5 rings.” Hermana said.
“Um, me too.” Cream said. Everyone looked at her, somewhat surprised. Cream took out her rings and placed them on the table.
“Wow, nice one Cream. Enjoying my big sis's deck she made for you?” Hermana asked.
“It's a lovely deck to play with. I like it.” Cream replied.
“I have 5 also.” Shadow said from the side, his arms folded.
“5 for me too.” Amy said happily.
“Well, lets head out and get more, shall we?”
“Yeah!” Everyone but Shadow cheered, before heading off in different directions.
 
~@~
 
“I can't believe it's really you…Why are you here? Why?!” The boy said, fearfully, on his backside. A Squirrel stood before him, dressed in a large blue, black, red, golden coloured robe.
“Just hand over all your rings as promised.” She said, holding her hand out. “And your rarest card.”
“But I…”
“A deal is a deal… Hand them over.” She ordered. The body scampered through his deck and took out the card and all his rings, passing them to her. “Thank you…now get out my sight.”
“Yes ma'am!” the boy said before running away.
Like usual…no competition.
 
~@~
 
Tikal was wondering around, seemingly lost.
“Hmm…I wonder where I am. There aren't many duellists of great worth here.” She muttered to herself. “But I can't seem to find my way back to the outside with all the other duellists.”
“Ey, I hear you're lookin' fer a duellist with some talent, eh?” Said a voice, which got Tikal's attention, she turned around.
“Who are you?” She asked.
“My name is Captain Marine, I was second in the regional championships. I got severely hounded by the Blue Eyes champ.” Marine said sadly. “But, I `eard she's in this tournament, so I wanted to get me revenge.” Marine said. “So `ow about a friendly match, eh? Winner takes 4 rings?” Marine lifted the four rings, and a duel stage came out from the ground in front of her.
“Okay, sure, winner takes 4 rings.” Tikal took her place up on the arena.
“Right, seein' as I am the runner up in the last tournament, I will take me move first.” Marine said, as they drew 5 cards, Marine drew a 6th.
“I'll set this monster, an' then set this card face down. It's now your turn.” Marine said, delightfully.
“Very Well.” Tikal drew her 6th card. “First, I'll use Canyon.” The field changed into a large canyon, before Tikal continued. “then I'll use Magical Mallet and put three cards from my hand into my deck and shuffle it. Drawing another three cards.” Tikal said as she resolved her card. “Now I'll set this card and monster in defence mode and end my turn.” Marine drew her card.
“I'll tribute me face down card for Giga Gagagigo.” And from the rubbles of the discovered Yomi Ship burst Giga, ready to pounce. (2450/1500) “Now, attack `er face down card!” Giga attacked and blew to pieces the Stone Statue of the Aztecs.
“Not a bad card for defence, but ya need ta at least be stronger. I ain't the runner up of the world fer nothin' ya know.” Marine said proudly.
“I see.” Tikal said. “Well, this is far from over.” Tikal drew her card, on the signal that Marine was done.
“I'll set this monster down and end my turn.” Tikal said. Marine picked her next card.
“I'll set this monster and attack yours with Giga! Attack!” Giga then stormed in and destroyed the Guardian Statue. “This is gonna be easier than I thought.”
“Don't count your chickens yet, Captain. I'm just getting started.”
“Well, per'aps you aughta start playin' seriously then, cause if this is all ya got fer me, this won't last very long. Take your move.” Tikal drew again, then sighed.
“I'll set this card and pass it on to you.” She said.
“`Ow many rings do ya `ave?” Marine asked.
“I have 7.” Tikal replied.
“And `ow did ya get `em, your duellin' stinks. You musta cheated, or maybe simply fluked.” Marine said insultingly, putting on a serious face. “Ya said ya wanted a challenge, yet you yerself are a bore.” Tikal gritted her teeth a little.
“Just be quiet and take your move.” She barked.
“Eh, eh…touchy…” Marine said as she took her next card. “I'll set another monster down, and attack yours once again.” And Giga now destroyed Great Spirit “This is a joke, I really `ope you can do better than this, cause this is embarrasin', for you at least.” Tikal drew her card.
“I'll activate Swords of Revealing light, and set another monster in defence mode.” Tikal said, as the swords fell and hit Marine's side of the field.
“Please, this is child's play, so ya delay a few turns, big deal.” Marine shrugged.
“I end my turn.” Marine drew her card and smiled.
“Right, let's heat things up, shall we?” She said. “I'll sacrifice both my face down Maiden's of the Aqua fer one of me favourite creature, a mythical beast not many ocean travellers get ta see. I summon Levia-Dragon - Daedalus!” And her beast rose from the Arena. (2600/1500) “How do you like?”
“She's very beautiful.” Tikal said, in awe.
“I bet ya jealous, eh?”
“Not really, Daedalus is a water creature, I'm not into those.”
“I see.” “Well, since I can't attack, I'll let ya have your go.” Marine said, Tikal drew her card. <SORL = 1>
“Now, I'll set another monster and end my turn.” Tikal said.
“Oh please, this is pathetic.” Marine said, taking her card. “I'll set this card an' summon Hydrogeddon.” (1600/1000) “You may go.” <SORL = 2> Tikal drew her card.
“I'll set this monster and end my turn.” Tikal said.
“How boring, one last turn and I can defeat ya and get outta here.” Marine said. Yeah, keep thinking that, I'll just delay until a special little something comes into my hand, then you'll be begging for mercy before my feet. Tikal said. Marine drew her card. “Now I'll set this card and summon my Mermaid Knight. (1500/700) This is over next turn, as the swords now vanish.” Marine said. The swords disappeared, stating it's Tikal's go. Just a little longer… Tikal thought as she drew. “I'll tribute this face down card, and place a stronger monster face down.” Tikal said. “This is the end of my turn.”
“And the game, I only need 2 more turns and you are done.” Marine said. “I'll set this down and summon my second Mermaid Knight. (1500/700) “5 Monsters, 5 set cards, I'm all set to take you down. Now, first, lets take out those three face down cards with my Giga Gagagigo, Levia-Dragon - Daedalus and Hydrogeddon.” The three monsters charged in to attack. And by pure luck, Giga destroyed Guardian Sphinx, Levia destroyed Sand Moth and Hydrogeddon destroyed Great Spirit. “Wow, how lucky, now my Mermaids, attack `er!” Tikal was struck down and her life damaged. <5000>
“Not good.” Tikal said, standing up.
“Okay, now it's your last go.” Marine said. Tikal drew her card.
“I'll set these two cards and pass.” She said.
“`Ow pathetic a duel, well, at least I can claim I got a perfect win…totally perfect. I `ad complete control throughout the duel. You never `ad a chance.”
“Uh huh.” Tikal said, folding her arms, whilst Marine drew.
“Attack her directly, my sea creatures!” Marine ordered. The monsters went in for the attack.
“You've activated your battle phase, I'll activate Reckless Greed.” Tikal then resolved her card, taking 2 from her deck.
“Big deal.” Marine said, shrugging.
“You've entered the battle phase, so I'll use my second trap. Waboku!!” Tikal said. “No damage to me this turn!” Tikal said. Marine shrugged again.
“Fine, take your go.” Marine said. Tikal drew her card.
“I'll activate Heavy Storm.” Tikal said. “Now all your traps and spells are gone!” Marine finally started paying attention.
“What?!” She said. And she covered her face when the duel arena blew with a mighty gust, taking all the spells and traps to the graveyard. “Oh well, no matter, ya only removed yours as well ya know.”
“Well, yes. That is true, but I have the monster I wanted. Now for my tributes.”
“Tributes? What Tributes, I know ya ain't got one of them emperor gods, cause you ain't got nothin' on the field.” Marine said.
“True, I do not possess a god card, but my tributes have been constant throughout the duel, and you were so blind to it, destroying my monsters one after the other. The monster I am going to call, Marine, is the Megarock Dragon! And my Tributes a ALL of the monster in my graveyard. All Seven Rock monsters will combine their powers into my Dragon, giving him a grand total of 4900 Attack and Defence points.” Tikal explained as the Dragon burst from the rubbles of the graveyard. “Now My Dragon! Attack Mermaid Knight!” Tikal ordered, the Dragon powered up, and blasted toward one of the Mermaids.
“My mermaid knight? Why?” Marine asked.
“Simply, people believe when you get a strong monster on the field, you take out you're opponents strongest with it. Not in my book, if I attack your weakest, look at the damage to your life points.” At this point, the attack struck and Marine covered her face and was blown backwards from the impact. <4600>
“Ouch…painful.” Marine stood up slowly and walked over to the arena.
“Now, it's your turn.” Tikal said. Marine drew her card.
“I'll set this monster and switch all others ta defence mode.” Marine said. “Your turn.” Tikal drew her card.
“Attack the Levia-Dragon.” She said. And the Levia Dragon was gone in an instant. This ain't good, if I don't come up with somethin' fast, she's gonna obliterate me, and I don't wanna lose another match.
“It's your go.” Tikal said. Marine drew her card.
“I'll set this monster and end my turn.” She said.
“Destroy the Giga.” Tikal ordered after drawing her card. And soon it was gone. “Who's pathetic now? The Regional runner up is cowering.” Tikal insulted. “I'll set this monster and end my turn.” Marine picked up.
“I activate A Legendary Ocean, then set this monster and end my turn.” Tikal drew her card. “I'll set this card down, flip summon my Great Spirit and use it's flip effect to switch it's attack with it's defence, and then use Mystical Space Typhoon to be rid of the Legendary ocean. Then I'll use Great Spirit to attack your newly face down card.” Tikal said. And the cards we resolved, the monsters fought. “I thought you'd have a Yomi Ship somewhere, so it's effect kicks in and I lose my Great Spirit, but I'm gonna chain my Compulsory Evacuation Device to it, and send Hydrogeddon back to your hand.” Tikal said. Marine cursed under her breath. She's not half bad, that poor display of duelling earlier completely threw me off. “Now draw!” Marine drew her next card.
“I'll set this and pass.” Marine put another monster on the field. Tikal Drew.
“Attack Mermaid Knight.” And it was then destroyed.
“This stinks!” Marine cursed to herself.
“Things aren't going your way, so you're gonna throw a tantrum?” Tikal mocked. “Draw.” Marine drew her card.
“I'll set this and pass it back.” Tikal drew her card.
“I'll set this down. Attack again.” The Dragon destroyed the legendary fisherman. “Draw.” Marine drew her card.
“Pass.” She said. Tikal drew her card.
“I'm bored, so I'll finish this here. I'll use Lightning Vortex and discard my Ectoplasmer for it.” After the card was place in the graveyard, lightning came crashing down onto Marine's side of the field. She covered her eyes as the light blasted away her remaining monsters. “Now Marine, you were a fine duellist, and a damn good match, but you simply fell into the same situation most of my other opponents do, you never consider what I can do with my graveyard, whilst you summoned your large monsters to do battle, I was carefully planning your demise through raw power, using the monsters you carelessly destroyed. Now, let this teach you more about the game, and I hope that we may duel again sometime. Attack my Megarock Dragon!” and the Dragon pulled one final attack, blasting Marine to her butt and whittling her last life points. <0> “And that's drying out the see with the sands.” Tikal said. Marine stood up and dusted herself off, then sighed.
“Well, fare's fare.” She said, reaching into her pocket to take out the rings. She passed four rings to Tikal, and the bowed. “Ya might `ave beat me this time, but next time I'll be ready fer ya.” Marine then took her leave, running off to challenge more people.
 
~@~
 
“Pegasus sir, we have a report on the duellists ring collection.”
“Good, who are the top 10?” Pegasus asked.
“The Goddess, The Dark Paladin and Overlord are the top three, with 12 rings each, Ancient Guardian and Lord of Phantasm follow with 11 rings each, Eggman, Lord of Searing Flames and The Grave Keeper are next with 10 rings each and Lord of Striking Thunder and Alien Queen are next with 9 each.” The worker replied.
So, the emporer god cards are here, perfect. This tournament will be most entertaining. Pegasus thought.
“Very good, any outs?” Pegasus asked.
“Quite a few actually sir.”
“List me.” The worker printed a list and took it to Pegasus.
Hm, one of the Chaotix detectives I hired are out already. Perhaps I put too much faith in them to take down the one known as Dark Paladin and Inu Card Hunters… “Very good.”
 
~@~
 
Sonic was wondering around with Tails and Knuckles.
“So, what have we got?” Sonic asked the other two.
“I have 8 Rings.” Tails said delightfully.
“4 rings.” Knuckles added.
“Seven here.” Sonic said.
“Seven? Mind if I take them off your hands, hedgehog?” The group turned to face a dog, who was grinning at them.
“Who might you be?” Sonic asked, narrowing his brow.
“My name is Sasuke, and I know all about you, Legendary Sonic the Hedgehog. You might be fast on your feet, but your duelling skill lacks in my opinion, a beast king? Blue Beast is all your title will remain at, Hedgehog.”
“And what do you call yourself then?” Sonic questioned, slightly annoyed.
“I like to title myself the Phantom Beast.” Sasuke replied.
 
From the banister above a certain fox had lent over the side, to watch them.
Let's see you duel, Sonic the hedgehog. I'll need to know what I am up against if I am to take you down.
Sonic smiled.
“Fine, A challenge is a challenge, but why should I risk all seven of my rings?” Sonic asked.
“Simple, because if you win, you'll have 14, just one away from the finals.” Sasuke replied.
“But if I lose…” Sonic started, but was cut off.
“Indeed, you'll lose the tournament. Now duel me!” Sasuke placed seven rings down. A challenge issued, and the duel hit the big screens.
Darn, what a situation. Sonic thought. If I turn away, it's like telling the crowd all over the arena that Sonic the Hedgehog is a coward. Never! Sonic then pointed at his opponent.
“Fine! Seven Rings it is! You duel is accepted.” This was enough to catch the attention of many in the duel dome.
“Woah, Sonic the hedgehog!” Someone said.
“Come on, Mr Sonic. You can do it!” Cream cheered.
“Heh, that fool, he'll risk it all for one duel. Fine, lets check you out.” Shadow said.
 
The two duellists drew five cards.
“Since I am risking it all, I'll take first move.” Sonic said.
“Fine.” Sonic drew a sixth card. “I'll set these two cards down and summon Hyena. Your move.” Sonic said as his Hyena burst from the shadows. (1000/300) Sasuke drew his sixth card.
“I'll set this down and summon Enraged Battle Ox. Attack the Hyena!” Sasuke said. As the Enraged Battle Ox burst out from nowhere and charged the Hyena. (1700/1000)
“So, you destroyed my Hyena.” Sonic said. <7300> “His friends don't like that.” Sonic said, searching his deck, as two more angry Hyena's appeared on the field, growling at Sasuke.
“Meh, how did you do that?” Sasuke asked.
“The effect of Hyena. When this card is sent to the Graveyard as a result of battle, you can Special Summon any "Hyena"(s) from your Deck to the field. Then shuffle your Deck.” Sonic explained. “So get used to his friends.”
“That's my turn over.” Sonic drew his next card.
“I'll sacrifice my new Hyena for the Big Koala.” Sonic said, and the Hyena vanished, a giant koala appearing in their place. (2700/2000)
 
“Nice play, Sonic.” Tails said.
“Yeah, that's how to do it.” Knuckles cheered also.
“Interesting, it's his second turn and he's summoned a powerful monster such as that.” The fox said. “He'll be tricky to beat, but the duel's still early. What have you got, Phantom beast?”
 
“I'll attack your Enraged Battle Ox!” Sonic said. The Big Koala charged over and pounced the Ox, destroying it on instant. Sasuke grunted. <7000> “My turn is over.”
“Don't be so cocky about your draw, that Koala won't be staying long.” Sasuke barked as he drew. “I activate Smashing Ground. This destroys the monster with the least defence on your side of the field, seeing as Big Koala is the only one, I guess it's him.” And a large fist came from the sky and smashed Big Koala.
“No problem.” Sonic said, shrugging.
“Then I'll set this card down and end my turn.” Sasuke said, as his monster was set. Sonic drew his next card.
“I'll set this monster and pass it to you.” Sonic said. Sasuke drew his card.
“Let the pain begin. I'll tribute my face down card for Phantom Beast Rock-Lizard.” Sasuke said, as the monster rose to the field. (2200/2000) “You might wonder about a ruling, but this card states that if I tribute a monster with Phantom Beast in it's name, I only need 1 tribute. I tributed Phantom Beast Thunder-Pegasus.” Sasuke explained. “Now, I'll use Premature Burial and chain Call of the Haunted off of it to bring back Phantom Beast Thunder-Pegasus (700/2000) and Enraged Battle Ox. (1700/1000)” Sasuke's monsters appeared next to the Rock Lizard.
“That's not good.” Sonic said.
“Now, Thunder-Pegasus! Attack his face down.” Sasuke ordered, the Pegasus powered up and blasted the faced down Catnipped Kitty, taking it out completely.
 
“Lucky guess…” Said the fox from the banister.
“That's bad…” Tails said.
“Yeah…” Knuckles added.
“Now my Ox and Lizard! Attack him!” And the two followed orders and charged in to attack. <3400>
“Ah, that smites…” Sonic said, being knocked away a bit.
“It's your move, fraud.” Sasuke said. Sonic drew.
“First I'll activate Lightning Vortex. The Lightning burst down over Sasuke's side of the field and blasted all his monsters away, but the bolt that struck the Rock-Lizard seemed to deflect and struck Sonic who fell down. “Ahh!!” He cried out. <1400> “What happened?”
“By the rule of this card, destroying it by your card effect will inflict 2000 damage to you.” Sasuke explained.
“Heh, not a bad effect, but you're still bare of the field.” Sonic said. “I'll summon Cat's Ear Tribe.” Sonic said as the cats appeared. (200/100) “Attack him.”
“That's the best you can do?” Sasuke asked, insultingly. <6800>
“Your move.” Sasuke Drew.
“This ends now.” He said. “I'll summon Phantom Beast Wild-Horn! Attack those cats!” He ordered. Wild-horn appeared and charge the cats, but as he struck, they both were destroyed. “What? What happened!?” Sasuke asked, half shocked, half annoyed.
“During the Damage Steps of your opponent's turn, the original ATK of his/her monster(s) that attack this monster becomes 200 points. That's the effect of the Cat's Ear Tribe.” Sonic explained.
“Arrrggg…Take your move!” Sasuke said, really irritated. Sonic drew his card.
About time something came that can better defend me. No offence, my beasts.
“I'll summon Chiron the Mage (1800/1000) and attack you directly.” The mage appeared, then fired toward Sasuke. <5000>
“Darn you! You still won't win!”
“Yeah, go Sonic!” Tails cheered.
“You can do this.” Knuckles cheered also.
“Your move.” Sasuke drew his card.
“I'll set this monster and this card, then end my turn.” Sasuke said. Sonic drew his card and smiled.
“I'll summon Enraged Battle Ox. (1700/1000) Now, Battle Ox, attack the face down monster!” The Ox charged the card, lifting his axe high in the air and struck the monster. Gazelle The King of Mythical Beasts was destroyed.
“Now my Mage! Attack!” The Mage then fired magic at Sasuke, knocking him down. <3200>
“No! You won't beat me!” Sasuke yelled, getting to his feet.
“You'll find my deck surprising. I'm no pushover, Sasuke the Dog! I'll figure a way out of the most stupid situations, now draw!” Sasuke drew his next card.
Damn! This hedgehog is better than I anticipated, but he won't beat me! He can't beat me!
“I'll set this monster and end my turn.” Sasuke said. Sonic drew.
“First, I'll use Mystical Space Typhoon to remove the face down card.” Sonic said, the typhoon appeared over the space, knocking it into the graveyard. “Then I'll tribute my Mage for Manticore of Darkness!” (2300/1000) “Now, Attack his monster, Enraged Battle Ox!” The Ox charged and attacked the face down monster, which was Phantom Beast Cross-Wing.
“Darn you!” Sasuke roared.
“Now, you know what to do, Manticore of Darkness!” Sonic said, pointing to his opponent. The Monster powered up and attacked Sasuke with dark power. <900> “Now, it appears you're beaten.” Sonic said.
“You're cheating! There's no WAY you could make a comeback like that!” Sasuke barked.
“I can assure you, my deck is legit.” Sonic said. “And I, Sonic the Hedgehog, would NEVER cheat!” Sonic roared back. “Accept your defeat!”
“I'm not done yet.” Sasuke said, drawing his card.
DARN IT!!! “I'll set this monster!” Sasuke said, setting his card.
“This duel is over.” Sonic said. “Battle Ox! Attack!” Battle Ox attacked the face down monster, it being another Phantom Beast Cross-Wing. “Now, finish him off, Manticore of Darkness!” Sonic said, and the duel ended when the Manticore attacked Sasuke. <0>
“No! No! How could I lose?!” Sasuke roared at himself.
“A deal is a deal.” Sonic said, walking over.
“Never, you cannot have my rings!” Sasuke then stood, turned to run away, but was blocked by a black ferret.
“V-Vincent…!” Sasuke stuttered, backing away a little.
“Now, let me get zis straight, you were beaten by zee blue `edgehog?” Vincent asked.
“I'm sorry, Vincent, he cheated! He must have.” Sasuke said, fearfully.
“Geeve me zee rings, Sasuke.” Vincent said, holding his hand out. Sasuke was hesitant, but followed orders, giving him seven of his eight rings. Vincent walked up to Sonic with the rings. “I `ave just defeated the black `eadgehog, Mr Sonic Zee Hedgehog. He was quiet, how do you say, eerritating.” Vincent said.
“You defeated Shadow?” Sonic questioned, seemingly shocked.
“Shadow…” Tails muttered under her breath.
“Yes, and you are mah next target. Now, take zee rings, and get out of mah sight. Ah've got a dog to punish for his insolence and failure.” Vincent dropped the rings in Sonic's hands and walked off, pushing Sasuke with him.
“What strange people.” Knuckles said. Tails looked up to the banister.
I saw you up there… She thought, looking at the empty banister. So, who will you duel next, hm?
“Yo, Tails. We gotta find Shadow, lets go.” Sonic said, urging her to follow.
“Yeah!” Tails replied following.
 
Back up on the banister, the fox continued walking.
“So…he won after all, he's going to be tougher than I thought.” She said to herself.
“Fiona, did you get the information I requested?” Called a voice.
“Not yet, Dr Robotnik, I will bide my time and duel him when the time is right.” Fiona said, turning to Robotnik.
“Good, do not fail me.” Robotnik then rode of in his eggwalker.
 
~@~
 
Later that day, the group had all met up again and were walking around the duel arena.
“Wow, this tournament is intense, Tails, you rule!” Sonic said to Tails.
“Thanks.” Tails replied.
“Seriously, I wonder how many people are in the finals already.” Rouge wondered.
“Not sure…” Boom! The group saw lightning vortex fall down in the background, it was also on the big screen.
“Who's duelling?” Sonic asked. “Lets check it out.” The group ran over to the duel.
“Now my VWXYZ-Dragon Catapult Cannon! Finish her!” And with that the missiles flew out from the monster and hit someone, but they weren't visible because of the crowd. However, the crowd quickly moved out of the way as Hitomi flew out, rolled on the floor and stopped, completely flat out, looking in severely bad shape, her rings were scattered on the floor where she skidded. The duel was over. Sonic looked at her opponent.
“Eggman! What are you doing here?” he roared.
“Perfect, Perfect! Data calibrated, the use of the chaos emeralds DO make the monsters power real.” Eggman muttered to himself, ignoring Sonic. Eggman then sucked the floor of the rings into his eggwalker, all save for 2. “Now I have fifteen rings in my hands, not to mention three of the chaos emeralds. Sonic, my dear friend. Did you know that your friend here had two of the chaos emeralds?” Eggman asked Sonic.
“What?” Sonic looked at Hitomi who was breathing heavily.
“We made a deal, since I had a chaos emerald, we put them on the line as well as the rings. It was most interesting what monsters she had out, I've never actually seen them all at once before.” Robotnik turned away. “Now, I must take my leave, I have a door to find.” Then he walked off, as Tails and Knuckles helped Hitomi up. Shadow walked over and took Hitomi into his arms, lifting her off her feet and throwing her over his shoulder, and then he wandered off, everyone else followed.
 
The group found themselves outside, Hitomi still recovering from her duel.
“Why is she so injured?” Silver asked.
“Eggman mentioned something about using the chaos energy to make the monsters attacks real, so Hitomi really was blown up.” Tails explained.
“Never…have…I…been…beaten… so…badly…” Hitomi said, still recovering.
“Okay guys, Eggman is in the finals, so we need to get as many of us as we can in there too, who knows what he's up to.
“Hitomi only has 2 rings now.” Rouge said. “I have 5.”
“3 here.” Knuckles said.
“I have 4.” Silver spoke.
“Me too.” Blaze said.
“Me as well.” Shadow added.
“Me too.” Cream said.
“5 for me.” Tikal said. “Even though I beat Marine, I was hit hard the duels after.”
“I have six.” Amy said. “These duellists are wimps, they won't surrender more than a single ring per duel.”
“I have 12.” Hermana said.
“At least one of us is doing well.” Rouge said to herself.
“I got fourteen.” Sonic said.
“I'm in the finals, I have fifteen.” Tails said.
“Wow, nice one Tails.” Amy smiled.
“We need to work harder.” Shadow blurted.
“Yeah.” Cream added. Pegasus then walked up to them all.
“I'd like to mention that there are only 12 spaces left in the finals.” He said.
“Just 12? We need to get working.” Sonic said. “Thanks Pegasus.” And the group set off, Shadow lifting Hitomi onto his back. They continued to hunt for their rings.