Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic Duals ❯ Let the Finals Begin ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 11: Let the final's commence.
 
The finals were here and everyone was perked. Sonic, Amy, Tails, Hermana, Hitomi and Shadow were all waiting around, looking around the room.
“Hmm…so, who do you think will be tough opponents?” Sonic asked.
“I want a piece of that Vincent guy for taking me down.” Shadow replied.
“I'm interested in that kid with the white shroud.” Amy added her two cents.
“Hey, guys! Glad to see you're here.” Said a familiar voice, the group turned around to see three people.
“Jenny? You here to cheer us on?” Sonic asked, it was indeed Jenny.
“Nah, I'm your rival today.” Jenny smiled.
“Getting in the finals is tricky business, you must be a good duellist.” Amy said. The golden hedgehog who was with her huffed.
“She'll beat you easily enough, runt.” He said.
“Now, now… No need for that.” Sonic said.
“Who are you anyway?” Amy asked.
“Vax.” The Hedgehog said, then he walked on past.
“Geez, what a jerk.” Sonic said.
“Well, moving on; lets enjoy some final goodness.” Jenny said. “See you down on the platforms.” And her and the blue Echidna walked off.
 
“Hello and welcome to the tournament fiiiiinnnnaaaaaalllls!!!!” Called the announcer from the stage. “Before we begin, look and be amazed at the contraption I am standing in the centre of, this is the latest device created for duel monsters and was created by none other than special guest and finalist, Tails Prower!!!!” Cheers were heard as a spotlight hit Tails, who blushed violently and shyly waved, giving a nervous laugh. “Now, to continue this fantastic tournament, I would like to announce the first two finalist, who will come down and do battle with each other to determine who stays and who goes! Please give a hand to The Goddess and Jenny!” Applause was heard as the two came out of their respective sides of the room and made their way to the duel arena.
“So, Jenny is going first huh? Against who?” Sonic asked.
“That girl!” Knuckles barked.
“Knuckles? What are you doing here?” Tails asked.
“As special guests, we get to see the matches from here, even if we didn't make it to the finals.” Rouge answered. “Where's Cream?”
“We don't know, haven't seen her since yesterday.” Tails answered.
“Well, that's reassuring.” Rouge said sarcastically.
“Shh, the match is beginning.” Silver said.
 
Back on the arena, the two duellists shook hands and took their sides of the duels.
“Duellists, insert your finals card into the small slots next to the deck area of your field!” The announcer called. The two did as such and the deck box opened. The two shuffled their decks and placed them into the slots. “The tournament will use 8000 Life points, the first person to run out of life points or cards to draw will lose. The ban list is enforced, so we will disqualify any use of banned or overuse of limited cards. Let's begin.”
“Time to duel.” Jenny said aloud. Kirika said nothing. The Needle span and landed on Jenny, as the two drew five cards. “Isn't that lucky?” Jenny took a sixth card. “Okay, let me see… Ah, I know. I'll summon Volcanic Rocket.” Jenny's monster appeared. (1900/1400) “Now, I'll set this down and activate Molten Destruction.” The whole room then seemed to shake violently, as if a meteor hit or a volcano exploded, and soon following, the field around the girls changed to a molten wasteland. “Wow…how intense…”
“Mmmhhmmm…” Kirika replied, looking around.
“Anyhow, my turn is over. Oh, the field increases fire monsters attacks by 500. (2400 ATK)” Jenny said.
“It also reduces their defence by 400…ask yourself, was it worth it?” Kirika asked. (1000 DEF) Jenny pouted. Kirika drew her card.
“I'll set these three down and summon Radiant Jeral.” Kirika was then covered in light, seemingly blinding everything, when the light faded, the Radiant Jeral was floating in place. (1000/2000)
 
Sonic's eyes widened.
“She goofed.” He said.
“How do you mean?” Amy asked.
“Yeah, explain Sonic.” Blaze added her two cents.
“That card would have been better in defence mode.” Sonic said.
“Hmmm…” Amy pondered to herself.
 
Meanwhile on the field.
“That ends my turn.” Kirika said. Jenny drew her card.
“I'll set this down and attack your Jeral.” She said. The Volcanic Rocket prepared to attack and flew towards it's target, but exploded before getting to the Radiant Jeral. “Huuuh?!”
“I used Widespread Ruin, sorry.” Kirika said. Jenny pouted again.
“No big deal… I'll activate Xing Zhen Hu and choose the other two spell or traps on your side of the field.” Jenny said as the Xing came out and bound the two cards.”
“What did that do?” Kirika asked.
“So long as my Xing is on the field, those cards cannot be activated.” Jenny said, smiling.
“I see…”
“Now I'll hit reload and chain Jar of Greed from it.” Jenny then placed her two cards into the deck and shuffled it, then drawing 3 cards. “I'll set this monster and end my turn.”
Kirika drew her card.
“Hmm…I'll tribute my Radiant Jeral for Airknight Parshath.” And another blinding light accrued, this time Airknight Parshath appeared, ready for battle. (1900/1400) “Attack her face down.” Airknight charged and jabbed the face down card on the field, Charcoal Inpachi caught the blade but was destroyed. (1900-1700) Jenny felt the burn. <7800>
“What the…? My life points!” Jenny was confused.
 
“What was that? She lost life points? But the monster was in defence.” Silver questioned.
“Airknight Parshath can inflict battle damage from the difference between it's attack and it's victims defence, 200 in this case.” Hitomi said. “I should know, I gave Cream that card.” It was also explained by the announcer.
 
Back on the field.
“Because I inflicted battle damage with Parshath, I get to draw a card.” Kirika added, taking another card. “I'll now activate The Sanctuary in the Sky.” The field then “healed” from it's molten state and everyone was seemingly lifted into the sky as they were surrounded by clouds, standing on a large sanctuary island floating in the sky. “With that I end my turn. Jenny drew her next card.
“This isn't good, I'll set this down and end my turn.” Jenny set another monster. I'd use card destruction but…not with this in my hand, I'll never see it again, and I do like to make a show. Kirika drew her card.
“I'll summon Zeradias, Herald of Heaven.” As Kirika put the card in place, Zeradias flew down from the sky and floated next to Parshath. (2100/800) “Airknight Parshath, destroy the face down card.” Airknight Parshath charged and struck. This time it was Raging Flame Sprite that was destroyed. Kirika again felt the burn. <6100> “Now, attack her, Zeradias!” Zeradias charged in and struck Jenny. <4000>
 
“Seems that Vax guy overestimated Jenny.” Shadow said insultingly.
“That's not nice Shadow.” Hermana said to him.
“Bah, Jenny's a joke.”
 
“Is this all the competition you'll give me? I know, I want to see what you have, so I'll give mercy for a while.” Kirika said.
“Giving me time will be a mistake.” Jenny said, in a light threatening way.
“We will see.” Kirika countered. “With your current progress, you're a joke, and here I thought you were a great duellist, you're as bad as Tau, all talk no action, it's a shame I didn't get what I wanted from him, but he proved all to easy anyway. I'm sure Vax is no different; he's probably a pathetic duellist as well.” Kirika insulted.
 
“I doubt you'll get far enough to know…” Vax said to himself. “You're a waist of time if this is there best you have against Jenny.”
 
“Now, take your move.” Kirika ordered. Jenny drew her card.
“I'll set this down and pass my turn over.” She said.
“Bah…” Kirika said as she drew her card. “This is pathetic, I changed my mind, I'll attack you, and since both my monsters total attack is 4000, I guess you're out of luck.” Kirika said. Jenny lowered her head a little.
 
“Joke…” Shadow walked off a little.
“Now, Parshath attack!” Airknight Parshath went in and attacked Jenny. <2100> “Finish her, Zeradias!” As Zeradias went in for the attack Jenny shot her head up.
“Activate Firewall!” As she said it, a large wall of fire appeared blocking Zeradias. “To complete my negate, I'll remove my Raging Flame Sprite from my graveyard.” Jenny said. The firewall then knocked Zeradias back to his side of the field, the wall of fire was then absorbed into the card now active on the field.
“Fine, take your next move since you wish to delay.” Kirika said. Jenny drew her card, then was hit by a flame from the Firewall. <1600> “What the?”
“Firewall needs to be kept alight, so I keep it burning with my life points.” Jenny said.
“I see…not something you can afford.”
“If my cards come as I want them to, it will work out just fine.” Jenny said. “I'll set this down and end my turn.” Jenny said, setting her monster.
“That delay won't help you.” Kirika yawned. She then drew her card. “I feel I should give you a break this time around, this duel is worse than my duel with that Knucklehead. Boy was he stupid.”
 
“Hey!” Knuckles shouted down to her lifting a fist. Kirika looked up at him and smiled.
“Do you know what he did? He helped me beat him. Throughout the whole duel he used magic after magic, bringing my Cerberus up to a stunning 8400 attack points.” Kirika said. “I cleared the field of his monsters and spells and traps, then blasted him away to nothing with the first attack I took.” Jenny frowned. “Anyway, skipping my turn, take your damage.” Kirika said. And after Jenny drew her card, she was sapped of another 500 life points. <1100>
 
“I don't get why she's still tributing to that card when it's hindering her.” Blaze pondered.
“It's weird.” Silver added.
 
“I'll set this down and end my turn.” Kirika drew her card.
“I grow tired of this, I thought you would bring out something decent, I've spared you enough, so now it's time to end this.” She said. “I summon The Agent of Creation - Venus. (1600/0) And then pay 500 life points to special summon Mystical Shine Ball. (500/500)” Kirika's monsters then appeared. <7500> “Attack her face down, Zeradias, Herald of Heaven!” Zeradias then fired a blast toward the monster.
“I'll activate Fairy Box.” Jenny said.
“What's that?” Kirika asked.
“Basically, when you attack I flip a coin and call it. If I call it correctly, you're attack means zilch, literally.” A coin flew into the air and span. “Tails!” Jenny called. Tails it was. The monster appeared and deflected the reduced attack, sending it's own shockwave at Kirika. Boom! <5400>
“Painful.” Kirika spoke. “So you have some fight in you after all.” Kirika looked up to Knuckles. “Hey, Knuckles! This duel is now officially better than yours.”
 
“Shut up, Kirika!!!” Knuckles roared at her from his stand.
“Knuckles, calm down.” Sonic said to him.
 
“Now, Jenny, you know that I will give you one more turn to turn this around, then I destroy you, got it?!” Kirika said.
“You've no choice anyway. You should have ended me when you had the chance.” Jenny said, drawing her card. She was then drained by both the Fairy Box and the Firewall. <100> “You see, my plan was to get this situation all along, not only is it great for the fan service, but it also brings awe and brilliance to the arena.” Jenny smirked, and her eyes narrowed, her red fur turned a darker red as she pulled a card from her hand.
 
“This is it, Tau…she's risking it again.” Vax said to the blue echidna.
“She's not lost before, so I have faith in her.” Tau replied.
 
“By tributing the Firewall, the Fairy box and Xing Zhen Hu. I call forth a powerful entity, one known…as Uria, Lord of Searing Flame!” And then it happened, the whole place seemed to darken, flames crashed from everywhere around the sky field, the sky itself turned a deep red. And from the newly forming dark clouds in the sky appeared the Lord of Searing flame, it flew down and everyone looked at it's long large body, watching with awe.
 
“WOAH!” Everyone in the box yelled, even Shadow.
“She has the Lord of Searing Flame!” Blaze was absolutely stunned.
“She's not just some store merchant, woah!” Amy was equally shocked.
“I didn't see this coming.” Silver said.
 
Meanwhile from the top of the stadium at the back.
“She has the Emporer god, Lien-Da…you are my last member still available, I want you to capture each of the Emporer gods, with one here, the others surely must be around.”
“Yes, Robotnik.”
 
On the other side of the arena, the shrouded team were there as well.
“Tyrone, it seems we've found your target.” Hiei said.
“Perhaps, but the target might not be Jenny.” Another member said.
“Indeed, though Kirika is faced against that god, she shows no fear, more like she's happy to see it.” Hiei said.
“The target might just become Kirika.” Aqua said.
“That won't be good.” Hiei mentioned. “If she gets her hands on it, she'll surely go after the rest, and if that wasn't bad enough, she's after the Egyptian God's and the Light Ruler.”
“Poor girl, she's doing all this for her daughter, is she not?” Said another unknown member.
“Yes…” Hiei answered. “Keep watching them. I have to go visit our old friends.”
“Shall I come, Brother Hiei?” Said the short one.
“No, Young Petal, remain with the fellow Shadows, Kirika works for her daughters safety, I do not wish to follow that path…not to say it would come to it, but risks are not necessary in war.” Hiei then departed.
 
Meanwhile, back on the field.
“So, what do you say, Kirika? Do I scare you now?” Jenny asked, then laughed. Though her laugh was quickly halted with Kirika's reply.
“With 100 life points, No.” Kirika laughed. “This is exciting, I knew you had this card and I wanted you to bring it out.”
“Why's that?”
“So that I could take it from you upon winning this duel!”
“Not going to happen, even if I lose!” Jenny barked.
“I beg to differ, the god chooses it's master upon being summoned and defeated. If I beat you now, the God will be mine…as a god will never EVER choose a loser over the winner, even if the Winner is badass.”
“Moving on, Uria gets 1000 attack for each continuous trap in my graveyard. (3000/0) I'll use it's ability to destroy a spell or trap of yours. That one.” Jenny pointed at a card. Kirika's card was discarded.
“Darn, I liked that card.” Kirika said, unaffected.
“Uria, Attack the Mystical Shine Ball.” Uria powered up and belched the most massive flame in all of Duel Monsters, the Mystical Shine Ball was completely obliterated, and the flames flooded over Kirika. <2900> Kirika had blocked, but was still burning on the outside.
“I wanted to know the pain of Uria, now I do.” Kirika lowered her arms from her head. “And I am not impressed.” Jenny growled a little in anger.
“My turn is over.” Jenny said. Kirika drew her card.
“Well, the great god ends so soon after rising. I must admit, you have no idea how to control a god, that's for sure. Sure, you managed to gain favour of the crowd with Uria, but you failed to realise that opening yourself to such an attack is pathetic.” Kirika said. “I summon Meltiel, Sage of the Sky!” And with that, Meltiel arrived. (1600/1200) “Since The Sanctuary in the Sky is on the field, that means I can activate his effect. You're Uria goes bye-bye. The effect is that whilst The Sanctuary in the Sky, once per turn, I can destroy a card in your control, so I choose Uria!” And with that, the great god was ending. From it's body, light beams appeared everywhere and it's great roar was horrific as it exploded into a giant flame, covering the roof. “With that, the duel ends. Attack her Meltiel!” And then it was over with one swift attack, knocking Jenny from the field. <0> Kirika walked over to her side of the field.
 
“And the winner is Kirika the Goddess!!!” The announcer roared, though it took a while, the cheers boomed around the room as the effects died out. Kirika took Uria from Jennys Graveyard and lifted it into the air. The card flew and glowed.
“Lord of Searing Flame! I have thwarted not only your master, but you in battle! Choose a new master, that master being me!” Kirika said. And with that, the card disappeared and Kirika walked off, checking her deck, there sat the Emporer god card, which she removed. As great as the god is, I don't need it. I would rather keep it safe than risk it in a duel. Kirika then walked out of the Arena, leaving Jenny to collect her cards and cry.
 
Vax sighed.
“Jenny has failed us, she belongs with us no longer.” He walked off, Tau following.
I will retrieve Uria back from you, Kirika the Goddess! Vax thought.