Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic Duals ❯ The Attack of Phantasms ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 14: The Attack of the Phantasms
 
With the finals kicking off, and Hermana's condition slowly recovering, the crowd was heating up and were excited for the next duel. Meanwhile, Sonic and crew were in the box.
“Well, So far it's me, Cream and Hitomi who are surviving. Tails, Blaze…you two have your work cut out for you, but I have faith that you'll make it.” Sonic said, confidently.
“I'll do my best, Sonic.” Tails said.
“That you will, little buddy, that you will.” Sonic said, patting Tails on the head.
“I might not survive…but I won't go down without dealing a fare amount of damage.” Blaze commented.
“Not what I like to here, but I guess you could be worse.” Sonic said. “You'll be fine.”
“I'm worried about Robotnik.” Tails said.
“Ah, he's no real trouble, I'll deal with him in due time.” Sonic said.
“I wonder to myself…if Jenny held the Emporer god card Uria…we know that the other two gods are here, but who has them? Do you think Robotnik has one?” Tails seemed worried.
“I doubt it Tails.” Sonic said. “But whatever he has, we will be ready.”
“He uses the VWXYZ set.” Hitomi said as she walked in.
“How's Hermana?” Cream asked.
“Better.” Hitomi replied. “Dr Robotnik uses the VWXYZ set, but he harnesses the power of a chaos emerald to…”
“We know, Kirika explained it to us earlier.” Silver cut in. Hitomi's eyes narrowed.
“I see…” she said.
“Ladies and Gentlemen! The Next duel will commence shortly, will Cyberfox Tails and Tau please make your way to the duel arena!” The announcer yelled out.
“I guess I'm up, wish me luck.” Tails said, heading for the door.
“Good luck, little buddy!” Sonic said.
“You'll need it.” Kirika said, standing at the door, blocking the path.
“What do you mean?” Tails asked.
“Jenny was my opponent, she was a piece of cake. Tau however outmatches her ten fold. He is a far greater duellist than she is, and you're going to have trouble with him. Watch your back, he has a way of sneaking up on you.” Kirika then began to walk out.
“How do you know?” Knuckles barked his question.
“Because I've personally beaten him.” Kirika took her leave. Tails sighed.
“Don't worry about it, Tails, you'll be fine.” Sonic said, reassuringly.
“Yeah…” Tails then left, she headed down the corridor slowly. Is he really that bad? Will he beat me? No! I mustn't think like that! He's just another duellist, like the rest of them! I can do this, everyone is counting on me! She mentally thought. As she arrived, Tau was already in position.
“Ready to be beat down?” He asked, harshly.
“I doubt I will lose to the likes of you.” Tails replied, getting in position. The two shuffled their decks and placed them in the deck slot, both drawing 5 cards. The needles span and landed on Tau, who drew a sixth card.
“I'll set this down and summon Giant Orc!” The Giant Orc appeared from a shroud of darkness. (2200/0) “That ends my turn.”
Tails drew her card. “According to this cards effect, if there is a monster on your opponents side of the field, but none on mine, then I can special summon it.” Tails started explaining. “So say hello to Cyber Dragon.” (2100/1600) “I'll set these down and end my turn.” Tails placed her cards.
Tau drew. “I'll tribute my Giant Orc for Inferno Hammer.” The Gigantic pink monster appeared, it's skeletal head peering down on Tails. It clutches it's large hammer in both it's hands. (2400/0) “Attack the Cyber Dragon, Inferno Hammer!” Tau ordered.
“Activate Negate attack.” Tails said, a colourful vortex appeared and blocked the hammers attack. The Battle phase ended, Tau shrugged.
“My turn ends.” He said.
Tails drew her card. “First, I'll activate Fusion Gate! This field trap allows fusion monsters to be fused without polymerisation, though the monsters used to fuse will be removed from play.” Tails explained. “I'll remove my Cyber Dragon from my hand and on the field to fusion summon my Cyber Twin Dragon.” Tails said. Cyber Dragon then took off into the air, and another Cyber dragon flew from Tails hand and the two began to mechanically merge, becoming a larger Cyber Dragon with two heads. (2800/2100) “Now, my Twin Dragon! Attack the Inferno Hammer!” The Twin Dragon powered up with the left head and then fired upon the Inferno Hammer, wiping it out completely, the Debris striking Tau. <7600> “Now, attack again my Cyber Twin Dragon!”
“What?!” Tau wasn't pleased. This time the right head powered up and blasted Tau, knocking him backwards. <4800> Tau recovered and retook his position. “That had to be against the rules!” he barked.
“On the contrary, Cyber Twin Dragon can attack twice in the same battle phase, so prepare to lose quickly.” Tails threatened. “My turn is over.”
Tau picked his next card. “I'll set this card and this monster. My turn is over.” Tau placed a card.
Tails drew hers. “I'll summon Cyber Kirin (300/800) and have Cyber Twin attack your face down.” Tails said. Tau smirked.
“You've flipped my Night Assailant (200/500) and his flip effect allows me to destroy one of your monsters, goodbye Cyber Twin!” And with that, the Cyber Twin Dragon exploded.
“Darn…I'll end my turn here then.” Tails said.
Tau drew his next card. “I'll switch my Night Assailant to attack mode and summon Dark Jeral (1200/1500). Because I have successfully normal summoned him, I can select a monster to decrease the attack by 800, so I'll choose your Kirin. With that, I'll have my Night Assiliant attack him. Since you have no attack points, it's like a direct blow.” Tails felt the attack. <7800> “And then I'll attack you with Dark Jeral.” Tails was knocked on her back by the Dark Jeral. <6600> “And that ends my turn.”
Tails recovered and drew her card.
 
“Come on, Tails, you can do this.” Sonic said to himself.
“She'll be fine, Sonic.” Knuckles said reassuringly.
“I hope so.” Sonic seemed worried.
 
“I'll summon Infernal Dragon and end my turn.” Tails said, as the Infernal Dragon appeared. <2000/0>
Tau drew his card and smiled. “It was a shame that this duel did not take very long, it's also a shame that I must bring this out so soon, but this duel bores me and I want to end it shortly.” Tau said.
“What do you mean?” Tails got worried. He has it, doesn't he…? She thought. I can't combat that…I'm not strong enough.
“I mean this. First I'll set this down and summon Archfiend Soldier.” Tau said as the Archfiend Soldier appeared and readied himself. (1900/1500) “And you probably have figured it out by now. Yes, the card in my hand is the great Lord of Phantasms himself! And by tributing the fiends on my side of the field, I will summon him forth! Come forth! Raviel! Lord of Phantasms!” The arena began shaking, and everyone around began to look around, the whole place seemed to be shaking. A large dark void appeared under the fiends, who were instantly swallowed up, though they tried to escape. Then a giant purple claw appeared from the void, gripping onto the side of the field, it then pulled itself up and slowly, Raviel rose from the void, using it's other claw. Once it was out enough, it spread its wings and took to the sky, slowly descending to the floor, glaring down on a terrified Tails. <4000/4000>
“I…I…I…I…” Tails was at a loss for words…or just about anything. Tau simply laughed.
“The reaction I wanted, the fear, the hopelessness. Raviel! Obey me and destroy the Infernal Dragon!” With one swift swing of it's tail, Infernal Dragon was knocked back and destroyed. <4600> Tails still hadn't moved, she was just staring at Raviel, too terrified to move.
 
“She's losing it…” Sonic said, getting even more worried.
“The fear on her face…I can't believe she's ever been so scared, even Eggman couldn't scare her this much.” Amy said.
“What do we do?” Silver asked.
“He usually waits a long time before summoning Raviel, he must really fear Tails.” Jenny said.
“Why's that?” Sonic asked.
“Tau doesn't usually summon Raviel, and if he does, it's only because he's already won. The match has barely started, but there he is.” Jenny explained. “Obviously there's something about Tails he doesn't like.”
 
“I watched you, Tails, throughout this tournament. Your inane way of being able to summon those Cyber Dragons and fusion, no matter what the circumstance.” Tau started. Tails snapped back to reality and looked at him. “I watched you, that kid with the insect deck, he had you on the ropes, and what did you do? You summoned the Cyber dragon from your hand, with no tributes thanks to having no monsters, you then fused the Cyber Dragon with the Cyber Dragon in your hand using the Fusion Gate, removing them from play, bringing forth the Cyber Twin Dragon, like you did earlier.” Tau explained.
 
“Is this true?” Jenny asked.
“It is…” Sonic answered, “but it got better.”
 
“But that wasn't all, you then gave up 100 of the 200 life points you had left, by using Return from Different Dimension and brought back the two discarded Cyber Dragons. Then you activated Lightning Vortex, removing the field of the enemy's monsters. Finally, you finished him off by fusing the two Cyber Dragons again using the Fusion Gate. With 4 strikes from the Cyber Twin Dragon, directly, that totalled to 11200, you toppled that kids 11000 life points with one fell swoop, whilst you were left with only 100, you should have lost that duel! But you didn't!” Tau seemed angry. “I am different, I will not allow such a defeat! You will not last long enough to over power me!” Tails sighed. “I will mercifully end my turn, but you won't get many more, I won't allow it.”
Tails shakily took her card. “I'll activate Call of the Haunted, bringing back my Cyber Twin Dragon.” The Dragon reappeared. (2800/2100) “With that, I end my turn.”
“Hm…wasn't normal summoned, oh well.” Tau said, drawing his card. “I'll activate Pot of Avarice, returning the 5 monsters from my grave to my deck. And drawing two.” Tau resolved his cards. “Now I'll torment you and activate Mask of the Accursed.” Tau said, the mask then appeared on his side of the field. “Attack to the Twin Dragon.” The Mask flew in and attached itself to the left head of the Cyber Twin. Tails didn't show much concern. “Now it cannot attack. With this I end my turn.”
Tails drew her card. “I'll activate Different Dimension Capsule, putting my last Cyber Dragon inside.” The Cyber Dragon flew into the capsule. Which then landed on Tails side of the field. “I end my turn.”
Tau drew his card. “Now that I know I have you beat, I'm going to wait for you to wittle down, then I'll strike when I get the right sacrifice.” He said, as his standby phase started. The make on Tails dragon glowed, and Tails felt odd, like being drained.
“What?” She questioned. <4100>
“My mask makes you suffer 500 life point lose each of my standby phases.” He said. “I'll pass.”
Tails drew her card. <Different Dimension Capsule = 1> If I am going to beat him, I need to take him out in one fell swoop, but with that God…I don't know if I can. Tails thought. Why won't he attack, I guess he's got me beat, so he's taking his time and taunting me… “I'll pass also.” Tails said.
Tau drew his card, and once he did, Tails was drained again. <3600> “Pass again.” He said.
 
“Come on Tails, you can beat him!” Sonic said.
“She's going to lose.” Rouge said, sadly. “She can't stand up to that god. He can wipe her out whenever he wants.”
“But he's not…why?” Tikal questioned.
“Maybe he fears something she has set.” Cream made her theory.
“No, he likes to torment people.” Jenny said. “He feels that he's defeated the girl with the unorthodox strategy, so he's going to taunt her, wither her away, hoping she'll surrender.”
 
Tails drew her card. When she looked, she was so surprised. I have something working on here…yeah, but I fear the traps he has. I wonder…I'll try to wait it out. The different dimension capsule blew up and Cyber Dragon went into Tails hand. My plan is almost complete…just a little longer. Tails thought to herself. “Pass again also.”
Tau drew his card, Tails was drained. “Good, time to end you.” He said. “I summon Dark Jeroid, then I'll tribute him to my Raviel, increasing his attack by 1200.” Raviel then grabbed the Jerold and absorbed it into his claws. (5200 ATK) Now my god of darkness! Destroy the Cyber Twin Dragon!!!” With one fell swoop, the Cyber Twin Dragon was taken out again. Tails was pushed back from sheer impact. <700>
“Ouuuch!” She complained, rubbing her backside and standing up. “At least the mask is gone.”
“My turn is over, the next turn is your last and the end of the duel.” Tau smirked evilly.
Tails drew her card and a large smile spread across her face. “You're right, it is the end of the duel.” She said. “I hope this works. First, I'll use my Cyber Dragons effect and bring her to the field.” The Cyber Dragon appeared. (2100/1600) “Then I'll use Mystical Space Typhoon on the 2nd from the left of your cards.” The trap was destroyed.
“No, my mirror force!” Tau yelped.
“You had a mirror force and never used it?” Tails questioned.
“I was expecting one of your inane comebacks and prepared myself. Only when in serious danger would it be used.” Tau explained.
“Well, I guess I thwarted that.” Tails said.
Should have made more traps… Tau thought.
 
From the box, Hitomi had read Tau's thoughts.
You're lack in strategy is your downfall, Tau…now you will face hells wrath. She thought to herself.
“I'll activate Future Fusion…” As a final resort… “…to remove from my deck, Cyberdark Horn, Cyberdark Keel and Cyberdark Edge and chain my trap, Return from the Different Dimension to bring back my two Cyber Dragons earlier removed. <325> Wait…if I do this…and it fails, I lose this turn…oh well, I've used Future Fusion now so… “I'll use my face down Power Bond to fuse my three Cyber Dragons…” As the three Cyber Dragons flew up to merge, Tau questioned Tails.
“Why use that to fuse them with Fusion Gate on the field?”
“Simple, you'll find out.” As Tails finished, the Cyber End Dragon landed on her side of the field, it's enormous size outmatching that of the god.
 
“Wow Tails…that's awesome!” Sonic said aloud.
“You think she can win?” Cream asked.
“Not this turn.” Silver replied.
“Why not?” Amy asked.
“Because Cyber End has the same attack as Raviel.” Silver explained.
 
However, back on the field, Tails wasn't finished.
“Because I fused my dragons with Power Bond, it increases it's attack equal to it's original attack, in this case it was 4000, so her attack is 8000.” She explained.
“What?! No! That's enough to knock me down to 800 lifepoints!” Tau wasn't happy.
“It doesn't end there, I'll now activate my favourite equip card, though it will destroy my monsters at the end of my turn…my turn will not end. I will defeat you before that. Say hello to Limiter Removal!”
“Noooooooooo!” Tau yelled.
 
“You failure, Tau! How dare you lose after Jenny's disgrace!” Yelled Vax from the crowd.
 
“I can't lose, I can't lose!!! I have a God!” Tau was going crazy.
“Limiter removal increases all machines attacks double themselves. In Cyber End Dragon's case, Her attack…is an incredible 16000. That is overkill for you. I've calculated it, I'll defeat you and another duel, as the final score would leave you with minus 11200 life points.” Cyber End Dragon! Destroy Raviel!!!” The Cyber End Dragon then began to charge the most enormous attack ever.
“No! My Raviel is not strong enough; I have no traps to stop her! I'm finished! There must be a mistake! I never loooossseee!!!” hen the Dragon fired on the Lord of Phantasm and with one giant crash, the duel was over, the god was destroyed and Tau's live points were depleted. <0> Tails fell to her hands and knees and sighed in relief, then began shaking.
 
“She did it…” Cream was stunned at that sudden move.
“I don't know what happened, but I watch it all.” Knuckles was lost and confused, but equally as stunned as everyone else.
“She slaughtered him.” Rouge spoke.
“That was incredible.” Blaze added her two cents.
“Remind me never to duel Tails.” Silver said. Sonic smiled.
“That'a girl, Tails…you did good.” He said. “I'm proud of you.”
 
Tails collected herself and stood up, she walked to her deck and collected it all up.
“The winner of the duel is Tails!!!!” The announcer roared. A sudden burst of cheers was heard, Tails looked around and blushed.
“Wow…I put on quite the show, huh?” She thought. She turned to leave and walked off, but before she got anywhere she heard a voice.
“Young Duellist.” The voice was deep, loud and seemed to echo. Tails turned around and was scared out of her mind. There before her stood the giant Raviel.
“Wait! Don't hurt me!” Tails said backing up. She checked behind him, and the machine had already shut down, so this couldn't be some hologram.
“I do not wish to harm you, young warrior. You have trounced the one who wielded me, as well as myself in combat, I wish to now serve you in any way I can.” Raviel spoke. Tails tried to relax.
“You…you want to come with me?” She asked.
“Indeed.” Raviel replied.
“Well, I guess it would keep you from landing in the wrong hands, yes, okay. I accept your offer.” Tails said. With that, Raviel vanished in a ball of darkness, the card floating in front of her. Tails was hesitant, but reached out and took the card into her hand. Staring at it for a moment, she slotted it away in her field deck slot on the duel disk she had on her back. I'll keep you in here for now, Raviel. I'll not let you be lost to another duellist…ever. With that Tails walked off into the halls.