Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Wish Fan Fiction ❯ A Yami's Guardian Angel ❯ Chapter One: Earth Contact ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Iko my Disclaimer: my master nor I don't own yugioh, all I own is a few yugioh cards and some pictures and she owns an imaginary Bakura doll. * Sesiani squeezes imaginary Bakura doll * she nor I don't own anything of Wish either. This disclaimer goes for the other pages too…if there is going to be other pages.

This is another yugioh story that I made; it just popped into my head. This could be a one shot but if you'd like I could go on. I combined several of my characters that I draw and created. They are, Sayaru, Kyusho, Emi, and Yukiko. And this does not have any characters from Wish, it's just the style I'm using. Thanks for taking a look at it.

It was a cold windy afternoon. The streets were covered in sleet and mud…. mostly mud. Bakura was walking down the sidewalk, deep in thought about something. He loved his life… a little, and he loved being with Ryou… a lot! But there was something he felt he was missing in his life. He put his hands in his jacket pockets and looked up. He was at a streetlight. It turned red and he crossed it, heck he could've walked across it when it turned green. There were no cars on the street that day which made Bakura think Marik finally took over the world. Marik hated cars because they poisoned the air, though he very much would like the insignificant humans to curl up and die. He always told Bakura that when he ruled he would banish cars and make chariots in style again, just like in Egypt. But Malik, now not as insane and not wanting to take over the world, had Marik wrapped around his finger, or more like Isis's finger. That girl knew how to take care of her brothers. He reached the other side of the street and was walking down the sidewalk again. He was walking by this huge house when something caught Bakura's eye. He looked at the house but all he could see now was the roof because there was a wall separating the street from the yard of the house. Bakura climbed the wall and sat on it at the top. The yard seemed well kept, if it was green, and the pool seemed nice and clean, if it had water in it.

Bakura: Duh Bakura you Baka! It's winter.

Bakura adjusted him self on the wall and then, when comfortable, searched around for what caught his eye. He looked everywhere but could not find it. He looked up at the house's balcony and saw a huge window that touched the deck. Actually it was a sliding door with its blinds open but Ryou hasn't gotten that far with Bakura in teaching him stuff about the 21st century. Bakura leaned forward a little and saw what was inside. It was a family sitting down together and eating dinner. By the looks of it they were very happy because they smiled a lot. Bakura stared at them for a long time. Was this what Bakura wanted? A family? He never had one back in Egypt and he doesn't have one now. True Ryou was like family to him but he wanted a real family, people who were always there for you, people who comforted you and loved you. Ryou couldn't do that no matter how hard he tried. Bakura sighed and jumped off the wall.

Bakura: Family just gets in the way. Always sticking their noses in place they shouldn't. I'm better off with Ryou and my friends.

He walked down the sidewalk again, watching trees shudder in the cold wind. Bakura erased all thoughts of what just happened and what he was thinking about earlier. All he had to think about was how he was going to get rid of Tea and Mai at Yugi's Christmas Party. He came to another streetlight. He crossed the street, not waiting for the light to turn green. Bakura got across when a car zoomed past him, splashing water on him and a running through the red light. Echoes of drunken teens yelling and cheering faded away. Bakura scowled and looked at the car. His millennium ring glowed and the car reared of the road and crashed into a deep pile of snow.

Bakura: Damn. Just barely missed the lamppost!

/BAKURA!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?/

Bakura clutched his head as his lights voice rang through the hallways of his mind.

//GOD RYOU!! Do you have to yell so loud?!//

/Well considering that you left your link open for me to hear what you were doing and I left you alone to cause mischief, I have every right to yell at you!/

//I didn't hurt anyone!//

/Promise?/

//Promise! And, um, how much did you hear in the link?//

/Only the part where something or some one missed the lamppost, why?/

//Nothing. Just didn't want you to hear about the guy I tortured on the street cause he looked at me//

/WHAT?!?!?!?!/

Ryou's voice echoed again and this time Bakura hurt so much he had to lean on the streetlight pole to keep his balance.

//I WAS KIDDING!!!! //

/You are so dead when you get here/

//Fine! As long as you don't scream again I'll be fine//

Bakura closed the link and locked it, tight and good. He stood there in the quietness to soothe his mind. The thing he hated the most, other than Yami, was when Ryou yelled in his mind. He couldn't turn Ryou of because the stupid Pharaoh had taught him how to break into Bakura's mind when he doesn't have a strong seal on it. When Bakura's mind finally relaxed, he got up and started to walk again. He only walked a few blocks when he came the city's local park. Bakura stopped and looked at it. It was covered in a white blanket of snow; the fountain was not spouting any water because the mayor had turned it for winter. The snow had no footprints in it so it looked like a sea of white. Bakura turned to face toward to the park. He remembered he dueled here for the first time in this era. It was a battle against this snot nosed rich kid who had an attitude. He had no dueling skills at all, just a big mouth and pocket money for a brain. Bakura took a step into the white sea and glided along it to the fountain.

(Bakura: translation: I walked into the park and walked over to the fountain.

Sesiani: Shut up! Your ruining my poetry!)

He looked into it and saw more snow. Bakura looked up. He looked at the trees and they too were white. Bakura sighed. For once he would like to see some other color than white. Bakura turned to get back to the sidewalk when he saw that his wish came true. There was a tree that was not white, but green, like it usually looked like in the spring. The leaves had no white on it and the flowers that grew on it bloomed so well, it made Bakura feel a little warmer.

(Bakura: that did not make any sense at all.

Sesiani: Fine! I'll do a AN.)

(An: the tree is known as a sakura tree. It's flowers bloom in the warm weather. It made Bakura feel like it was spring already, which made Bakura feel warmer. It's good logic.)

Bakura walked over to the tree. He reached out and touched one of the leaves. Yup. It was real. Bakura backed away a little and shook his head.

Bakura: Ryou messed up my mind. Now I'm seeing things.

Bakura turned to the entrance of the park and was going toward it when he started to hear crying. Bakura turned back to the tree and stared at it.

Bakura: Oh great! The tree is crying. Now I know I've been hanging around Marik and Malik too long. I'll just close my eyes and the crying will stop.

Bakura closed his eyes but the crying didn't stop. He opened his eyes and moved toward the tree. He started to move branches and leaves to see if some kid threw one of those freaky talking dolls up in the tree. He moved the last branch he could reach and he saw what was making that noise. It was a kid, about three or so to Bakura and she was wearing some sort of dress. She had her head buried in her knees and was shivering. Bakura looked around to see if this was some kind of joke but no one else was there. Bakura looked back at the kid and saw that she had lifted her head from her knees. She was staring at Bakura with the most beautiful light blue eyes Bakura had ever seen. One eye was covered by a lock of wavy black hair while the other had tearstains streaking down her cheek. Bakura stared awhile then came back to earth with a crash landing, literally. He had lost his footing and fell into the snow. He opened his eyes and looked up into the sky.

"No Bakura. You are not dead."

Bakura looked down at his stomach and saw that the kid was sitting on top of him. He got up a little and she tumbled down into the snow. She squeaked and ran very fast up to Bakura's chest. She clutched to Bakura's shirt and started to shiver.

"I never thought earth could be this cold. I also never thought falling from a tree could hurt too. Thank you kind sir."

`Okay' Bakura thought, `this is getting very weird. She knows my name and she can talk very well for a three year old.'

Bakura: Um, kid. Where's your mom?

The little girl looked up at him in confusion.

"I don't have a mom"

Bakura: Then where's your dad?

"I don't have a dad."

Bakura: Then do you have anyone who looks after you?

The little girl put a finger to her mouth and sat there thinking, while Bakura's butt was getting wet because the snow was melting. Bakura waited for her to answer by looking around for some one to come out and say that since he was so kind hearted he was going to get a million dollars or he would get a year supply of chocolate ice cream (Bakura's favorite). But what he found was the tree that was once pink and green was now white like the others.

"All I have right now is my master. He sent me down here on a mission. I can't go back home until I'm done."

She started to cry again. Bakura took all what she said. How could she have a master when she is only three? Bakura didn't want to be a parent to a three-year-old kid but at the same time he couldn't leave her out here in the cold. He scooped her up and started to walk to the gate. She looked up at him with her eyes full of water and ice.

"Where are we going?"

Bakura: To my friends house. When we get there we are going to look in the phone book for your master.

"What's a phone book?"

Bakura looked down at her in shock.

Bakura: Your master doesn't teach you anything does he?

"Because he is busy answering peoples prayers. I don't want to bother him with such nonsense."

Bakura: `Kay now I really confused.'

Bakura looked up and started to walk again. They were both silent until they got to Yugi's house. Bakura knocked on the door and waited. Yami opened the door and Bakura stormed in. He plopped himself on the couch and sat the little girl on the other side. She looked around curiously at everything. Yami closed the door and went over to Bakura.

Yami: Well it's nice to see you too.

Bakura: Shut up Pharaoh! Where are Ryou and everyone else?

Yami: No one else has come yet because it's still very early. Ryou and Yugi are helping with the food.

Yami turned to the girl who was still examining everything around her.

Yami: Who is your friend?

Bakura: It's a little girl I found in a Sakura tree, a very strange Sakura tree. It was blooming this afternoon.

Yami: But Sakura trees don't bloom in the winter. And why was she in the tree in the first place?

Bakura: How the heck should I know? She says that she has no parents but a master. And she knows nothing about earth.

Yami: Like you do either.

Bakura: HEY! That time with the microwave, the plunger, and the monkey was an accident!

Yami ignored him and walked over to her. He bent down so he was face to face with the little girl. Her eyes stopped wandering about the room and focused on Yami's face. Yami was surprised at how light blue her eyes were.

Yami: What's your name?

"My name is Sayaru. And I'm an angel."

Yami looked at her in shock and then chuckled.

Yami: Does your master say you are?

Sayaru frowned.

Sayaru: Do you think I am joking about being an angel?

Yami's smile went away. Could she be serious?

Sayaru: I will show you.

She sat up and closed her eyes. Yami backed away when she started to glow. Sayaru muttered a couple of words under her breath and wings spread out from behind her back. Bakura sat up from the position he was in and stared wide-eyed at Sayaru. Sayaru stood up on the couch and jumped.

Bakura and Yami: ()_()

She was floating in mid air. Her tiny little wings flapped and her dress could be seen clearly now. It was a white robe with a blue cloth wrapping around her neck and coming down her front. She opened her eyes to see two very wide-eyed Yami's. She giggled and floated toward Yami. He backed away just a little but she reached him and floated up to his ear.

Sayaru: I told ya I was an Angel.

Sayaru backed away and floated to Bakura, who did not move one inch. She flew over to his knee and plopped her self on it. She looked up at him and smiled. Bakura, taking his time for his brain to accept the info on what just happened, smiled a little.

"No one is going to believe us Bakura," said Yami, who eased a little cause his brain took in the info faster than Bakura.

Just then they heard foot steps come from the kitchen to the room they were in. No sooner than Ryou and Yugi stepped into the room then they started to roll on the floor with laughter at the sight of Bakura and, to Ryou and Yugi, a doll sitting on his knee.

Ryou: Bakura, what did you get a doll for?

Bakura smiled and nodded his head toward Ryou and Yugi. Sayaru got up and floated up to the top of Yugi's head and nestled herself right into Yugi's tri-colored hair.

Bakura: O_O

Yugi: @_@

Yugi: What's it doing Ryou?

Ryou: I… I think it's sleeping…

Sayaru looked up at Ryou and smiled. Ryou stammered back and came into contact with a wall. Sayaru laughed a little and lay on her stomach so that her elbows rest lightly on Yugi's head and her head rested on her palms. She watched Ryou in fascination.

Bakura: Boy Ryou, I think you got a girlfriend. Finally!

Ryou: Shut up Bakura! Ow!

Bakura raised his hand and saw that it was bleeding. His hand came down on a splinter and it got jammed into his palm. Sayaru snapped out of her gaze and floated over to Ryou, allowing Yugi to see what she was doing. Ryou stared at Sayaru while she lifted his hand. She closed her eyes and put her hand onto his and muttered a few words under her breath. A light appeared between their hands and then went away. She lifted her hand and floated back to Bakura's knee. Ryou looked at his hand and saw that it was not bleeding any more. Yugi stared at it while Yami got up to get a closer look at it. Bakura got a look at it and was now staring at Sayaru.

Bakura: I guess the phone book idea is out of the question.

Just then the doorbell rang. Everybody jumped at least 3 inches off the ground.

Yami: Great! I forgot about everyone else. Bakura! If she is an angel then we can't let anyone else know.

Bakura: Why?

Yami: cuz then they are going to bug here to death about talking to God about answering their prayers or someone is gonna report the FBI or something like that and they are going to want to do experiments or something. Plus I don't want to have to deal with a bunch of shocked people who think I am a weirdo.

Bakura: You? Why just you?

Yami: Cuz I have a reputation that doesn't include the shadow realm.

Bakura: why you little!

Yugi: Someone just answer the door while we do something about Sayaru!

Yami went to the door with Ryou while Yugi and Bakura tried to think of what to do with Sayaru.

Yugi: we could keep her in my room.

Bakura: we could replace her with the little Christmas angel at the top of the tree

Yugi: Bakura!

Sayaru: Why can't I stay little?

Yugi: because you look like a three year old with an IQ of a thousand. Maybe we could…

Bakura: Do you have another form?

Yugi: What?

Bakura usually angels have another form.

Yugi: Lemme guess, you saw this at the movies?

Bakura: NO!

Yugi: Kay then we could…

Bakura: I saw it on a marathon of Angel Wings. (Couldn't think of a show that had angels)

Yugi: -_-0

Sayaru: Yeah I do have another form.

Sayaru clapped her hands together and said "Powers combine, true form before sunrise!" Her wings grew big and wrapped around her entire little body. A bright light came from inside and her wings spread apart. She was now almost as tall as Bakura but an inch or two shorter. Yugi stared in amazement but then quickly snapped back to earth when Ryou came stomping in.

Ryou: What was that bright light? Marik and Malik saw it and I don't think Yami can hold them off any longer.

Ryou saw Sayaru in her bigger form and he stared too in amazement.

Ryou: How did she…?

Yugi: No time! She needs to change into something girls would normally wear during winter so she doesn't look like a weirdo. Let's see. Look under the couch for Yami's magazines or something. We could find something there.

Bakura looked under the sofa and found what Bakura never thought Yami would read.

Bakura: Beach Babes? Why didn't the Pharaoh tell me about this?

Yugi: Cuz their mine.

Ryou and Bakura: O_o

Bakura: * shows Sayaru the picture of a woman in a red bikini * How bout this?

Ryou: Bakura!

Just then they heard a bang and some foots steps heading in their direction. Yugi scrambled around the sofas until he found what he wanted.

Yugi: Here! Change into this and fast!

Sayaru glowed really bright but this time for a short moment. When it was good to see they saw her wearing a blue sweater and cacky colored cargo pants and brown hiking boots. Bakura stared in amazement (is this amazement day or somethin'?).

Bakura: Hide your wings!

Sayaru: Oh okay.

Marik and Malik stormed in along with a cowering Yami. Yami's hair was smoking a little and one spike had gone limp.

Marik: What the hell was Yami holding us back at the door?!?

Yugi: Cuz…cuz…we didn't want you to see the tree yet.

Malik: well that was a stupid idea. We didn't come here to see a tree. Where is everyone else?

Bakura: You're early.

Marik sat down with the two Yami's while the hikari's went to the kitchen. Marik, who was holding a glowing millennium rod, put it away and nodded toward Sayaru. She was just standing there, not know what to do.

Marik: Who is she?

Bakura: This is Sayaru.

Marik: Sayaru…doesn't that mean small lily in Japanese?

Sayaru: Yes.

Marik: Small lily… where ya from?

Sayaru looked at him and then gave him an answer that Yami and Bakura would've died laughing at before she gave them evidence.

Sayaru: From hea…

Bakura: * covered Sayaru's mouth * Hampshire, New Hampshire in America. She is a transfer student who is buddy up with Ryou.

Marik: Malik never told me about transfer students at his school.

Yami: * at this time he pulled out a pocket bottle of hair gel and was straightening out the limp spike * Well only certain students are chosen for that.

Bakura: you got gel on your forehead.

Yami: what? Oh thanks. * Wipes forehead but feels nothing * Very funny.

Marik: He didn't want your little glowing eye to get stung by hair gel.

Bakura and Marik started to roll on the floor laughing. Sayaru looked at them and then at Yami.

Yami: you might want to go to the kitchen.

Sayaru: Right. Don't hurt them too much.

Sayaru went to the kitchen with a trail of yelps and cries following her. She was surprised in herself that she found the kitchen. When she entered it she found it to be quite fascinating.

Sayaru: * anime search * (you know, where they move from place to place really fast)

Ryou Malik and Yugi: ()_()

Malik: what planet is she from?

Yugi: Dunno. Bakura just brought her home.

Malik: Well I can already tell Marik has his eyes set on her. * shudders * You don't know what images he already has in his mind right now.

Ryou: You use to be that way.

Malik: * folds arms and leans against the kitchen table * I still am but not as bad a Marik. He'll take any girl off the street. I actually wait and date the girl.

Ryou: * turns to the stove and stirs a pot of something * Yeah. Whatever.

Malik: * wraps arms around Ryou's waist * Awww. Come on. You can believe me.

Ryou: MALIK!!!!

Malik: Just joking! HAHAHAHA!!!!

Yugi: -_-0 Can't you two ever behave?

Well there it is. Please review. When I get a total of five reviews then I will write another chapter. Thanks.