Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ "Duels in the Sands of Time!!!!" ❯ Duels in the Sands of Time!!!! ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Yu-Gi-Oh! is a registered trademark of ©Kazuki Takahashi, Jump Comics, Konami and 4Kids Entertainment. My characters don't mean any harm to the show or to other's ideas. The characters of


"Duels in the Sands of Time!!!!"

Rod, Ring and the Puzzle. Part-2

Okay the author here. JJ ::Waves:: I decided on Seto's past name as Setau. I decided on Bakura's past name as Bakenmut. This is my idea on these names so if you wish to use it for your fic please ask me first, Thank you.


At first Yugi couldn't sleep. He wiggled and moved around. Then an arm wrapped around him. "Shhh!!! Yugi it's okay, we are here with you." Lisa's voice was soothing to listen too. "I need him Lisa...I" Joey had moved to Yugi's other side. "We'll get back Yugi and find out who did this to us, okay?" He hugged Joey. Lisa rub Yugi's head. "Joey is right we'll get back and it'll be soon but now let's get some sleep." Yugi nodded. Lisa looked over to Joey. She didn't want Yugi to worry. Joey could see what she was trying to and just nodded back to her. "Just be strong Yugi. We'll be with you all the way."

"Thank you both." Soon the group fell into a deep sleep.

The boy had listened to the teens. He wished he had someone that cared that much about him. His Master did things he didn't like at all but it was better than living on the streets. He didn't know why Bakenmut choose him. He had to endure beatings and things he didn't yet understand but he knew it was better than trying to find a place to sleep or a mouthful of food. He fell asleep as well.


At another camp a few miles away.

Bakenmut waited in a tent to meet with his co-conspirator. "You are late Bakenmut." He turn to look at Egyptian Priest, Hor.

"Well you might not have heard but there are some new guests in the camp. They showed up at sunset. Do you know anything about this?" Hor looked at Bakenmut. "No, I do not. I have no idea what you are talking about."

"Here I thought you sent me help. Mmmm..." Bakenmut rubbed his chest. The cold metal of the ring felt good on his skin. Its power was growing stronger every day. He grinned.

"Well maybe we can still use them. No one knows them at all." Hor showed his disapproval in this. "What if they get in the way of our plans?"

"Then we make sure they don't and if by any chance they do..." An evil grin appear a cross his face. "Very well Bakenmut. Now have you gotten the item yet?" Bakenmut placed a bag on the little wooden table. "It wasn't easy but I got it and soon our little Pharaoh will have no more power." They both laughed.


Yami woke up in a sweat. He didn't know how he lost his puzzle. He wanted it back. He needed it more that life itself. He felt hands wrap around his chest. "Yami are you okay?"

"Setau...I"

"What's wrong?"

"My puzzle is missing I don't know where it is." Setau turned the pharaoh around to look at him. "When did this happen?"

"During the journey. I took it off one night and when I woke up in the morning it was gone. I didn't want to worry you Setau."

"But if you lose your power."

"I will not back down from this duel Setau. I will find my puzzle."

"And if you don't what will you do then." Those Blood ruby eyes didn't show any fear. "I will still duel. I will not back off from any one."

"Please think about this Yami. If you lose..." He held Yami close. Yami returned the hug. "I will not Setau, but I will be careful. I promise."

"Good. Now get some sleep, you'll need all your strength." Yami nodded as Setau went back to his bed. Slowly the Pharaoh went to sleep.


Lisa was having trouble sleeping. It wasn't the sand that bothered her, but a dream. ~Two armies, two priests, a Pharaoh and the Millennium Ring dripping in blood.~ Yugi was also dreaming a similar scene but he saw the Millennium Ring destroying the Millennium Puzzle. Both of them woke up. "Lisa!!!"

Yugi was starting to cry. "I know Yugi. It seems we are here to save Yami from the Ring." Joey had woke up. "What's wrong?"

"I think we have solved one thing."

"And that is?" Joey rub his eyes. "We are here to save Yami's life from the Ring, Joey." His eyes snap open. "What!?!"

"Yugi and I had a dream Joey and it seems Yami's going to be killed before his soul enters the Puzzle. Maybe the Puzzle brought us here to help. Anyways we still have to be careful. We still don't know what is really going on." Lisa was holding Yugi in her arms.

Yugi had fallen asleep again. "Poor Yugi. This might be too much for him." Joey moved closer to his friends. "At least we are here to help him."

"Ya right about that Joey. We will stand beside him forever." Joey nodded and hugged both Lisa and Yugi. Once again they lay down and fell asleep in each other's arms.


Bakenmut had return from his meeting with Hor. If the plan went right soon he would be Pharaoh and Hor would be his High Priest. And it was all thanks for stealing the Millennium Ring. He had stolen it three years ago. Of course Yami and Setau had turned the kingdom upside down looking for it. An evil grin crossed his face. They never knew he had hidden it right under their noses.

When at last it seemed they had given up, he put it on. The power filled him fully and he loved it even more. He wanted even more power and decided to kill his Pharaoh and remove Setau and put Hor in his place. Little did Hor know he was also a pawn in his little game. He wanted all the Millennium items as his own and then the world would be his.

Bakenmut entered his tent and then remember that he sent his servant to watch the strangers that had shown up. No one to play with tonight but then it was a small price to pay for ultimate power. The ring glowed red and filled Bakenmut with its power. All to soon he was on the ground panting. He still couldn't take all the Ring's power. He wanted so badly. "Soon my Pharaoh all your kingdom and your Shadow Realm will be mine."


The sun rose into the blue sky.

Joey woke up first. His stomach growled and a frown formed on his face. He looked at his friends. Lisa was still holding Yugi. His best friend had a worried look on his face. Joey didn't like that at all. Yugi all ways had a happy look on his face. He decided he would get that happy look back on his friend's face. "Lisa? Yugi? Time to get up."

Eyes flickered open to the greeting face of Joey. "Morning to ya both."

"Morning Joey." Yugi's face brightened a bit. "Morning love."

"Lisa!!!" That got Yugi giggling and Joey to blush. "Well let's see what the morning brings to us." Yugi stretched. "You did promise Bakenmut a talk this morning Lisa." Lisa shook out the sand from her coat. "That I did. Well let's see if he's up and about then." The group exited the tent to find a small boy sleeping against it. "Do ya think it's the same boy from last night."

Lisa knelt down to the boy and gently shook him. The boy blinked his eyes and looked into Lisa's ice blue/grey eyes. "Morning little one. Are you the one to take me to chat with your master Bakenmut?" The boy gasp at her. "Are you a Goddess?"

Lisa broke out into a loud laugh. "No little one but it's not the first time I've been mistaken for one. Now where is your master's tent?" The boy jump up and then saw Yugi and Joey. "My master only wants to see you Lady Lisa." Lisa gave the boy a stern look. "Well your master has no choice in the matter. My friends are always with me. Safety in numbers, I say." The boy sighed and then led the way to his master's tent.

As they approached the tent Setau showed up. "There you are, the Pharaoh wants to see you all now!" Lisa sighed. She could tell by the sound of Setau's voice he wasn't going to take a no for answer. "Morning to you too, Setau. I'm just about to talk to Bakenmut. He wanted to talk to me last night but it was late so I gave my word to him that I would do so in the morning."

She watched him roll the Millenium Rod in his hand. "Why would he wish to speak to you?"

"We don't know Setau. That why we are going over there now." Yugi had moved in front of Lisa. He wished he had the Puzzle on right now but he knew that Lisa was right about not showing it around here now.

Setau wondered why would a small boy stand up to him for a woman. Lisa had to be important for some reason but who was she and these others with her? "If you wish Setau you can come as well. Bakenmut just wants to talk to me but I don't want to face him alone. I have a bad feeling about this and I can't shake it." Lisa looked down at the boy. "Setau is coming with us but he doesn't have to enter the tent like my friends do. Is this okay with you?"

"You are asking me Lady Lisa?"

"And it's just Lisa. I don't like this Lady stuff. I'm into action and fun these days. Not a woman that stands around waiting for a man to rule my life for me." Setau was impressed with Lisa's tone. He grinned. He knew Bakenmut for his control of others. He would no doubt will find Lisa someone that would not bow down easily to his will. "Let's go then. I don't want an unhappy Bakenmut to greet us." Lisa turned to follow the boy. Setau fell into line to watch how Lisa would react to meeting Bakenmut the Royal Guard to the Pharaoh.


What will happen at the meeting of Lisa and Bakenmut and what is Bakenmut's plans for Lisa, Yugi and Joey? Thanks for the spell check Jumper Prime.