Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ "Duels in the Sands of Time!!!!" ❯ Duels in the Sands of Time!!! ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Yu-Gi-Oh! is a registered trademark of ©Kazuki Takahashi, Jump Comics, Konami and 4Kids Entertainment. My characters don't mean any harm to the show or to other's ideas. The characters of


"Duels in the Sands of Time!!!!"

Lost Puzzle. Part-4

Okay the author here. JJ ::Waves:: I decided on Seto's past name as Setau. I decided on Bakura's past name as Bakenmut. This is my idea on these names so if you wish to use it for your fic please ask me first, Thank you.


The boy limped over to the Pharaoh's tent. The two guards saw the condition of the boy. "Are you alright?"

"I need to talk to the Pharaoh right now."

"He's talking to the strangers now. You must wait."

"I can't wait. I need to talk to him now." There was a bit of shouting coming from the tent when that happen the boy bolted for the flap of the tent. "My Pharaoh!" One of the guards grab the boy as Setau open the flap. "Please I have to..."

"Let him go!" Setau said sterly. The guard did so. "What's happening Setau?"

"It's the boy that serves Bakenmut." Lisa came out behind Setau. "Lisa you should remain..."

"Lady Lisa! He's gone... He's gone to get his ally to kill the Pharaoh."

The Guard was about to grab the boy again when Lisa stepped in front of him. "Do you dare?" Lisa held her ground. "Leave the boy alone." It was Yami who spoke. The guards backed off from Lisa and the boy. The boy collapsed into Lisa's arms. "Hor..." was the last word the boy spoke. "No..." Lisa quickly laid the boy on the ground and listened to his heart. "Is he alright Lisa?" She looked up at Yugi. "Yes but just barely."

"He risked his life to warn us about Bakenmut." Lisa rose with the boy in her arms. "Who is Hor?" Yugi was standing beside Yami. Lisa could see the similarity between the boys. -Let's hope no one else realizes what I'm seeing. Or Yugi might be killed instead of Yami.- Setau held open the tent's door as everyone re-entered. "Let the boy rest in my bed."

Setau pointed out his bed to Lisa. "Who is Hor?" Yugi asked again. "A priest that doesn't share my views." Setau started up a chant to heal the boy. He frowned. "My Pharaoh. It seems Bakenmut has more that betrayed you in wanting your thorne. He has the Ring." Yugi watched as Yami's anger grew. He wanted to go and hug him. Tell him everything will be alright. Yugi felt a hand on his shoulder. He looked up into Joey's brown eyes.

"He has lied all these years to me. His punishment will be death, when I catch him." Yugi then realized something that had to be done. "I have a better idea." Yami turned and looked at Yugi. "What do you have in mind little one?"

Yugi took a deep breath. "Trap his soul in the the Ring." Joey and Lisa looked at one another and then at Yugi. Joey pulled Yugi over to Lisa. "One moment. We need to chat." Lisa then looked at Yugi and whiper into Yugi's ear. "What are you thinking about?"

"It's the right thing Lisa please trust me on this." She looked into those purple eyes and sighed.

They then faced Setau and Yami. "Well Yugi has a good idea. Putting Bakenmut's soul in the Ring and then saying it's cursed would keep others away from it." A grin came to Yami's face. "Yes it is a good idea. Having Bakenmut trapped in the Ring. It would tell others to keep away from the other Millenium items that aren't in use. Do you think you can cast that spell Setau?"

He looked over at his friend. He was gripping the Millenium Rod. "I don't know if I have enough power. But I know the spell to trap him." Lisa thought for a moment. "What is needed to pull this off then?" Setau felt the pull of power coming from all three teens.

He needed help but he didn't want to leave the Pharaoh without protection. "Two things. We have to get the Puzzle back from Bakenmut. Then let's see if we still have the Gods' favor." Joey made a sour face. "Joey let's not be judges at the moment. Let's hope we can come up with a plan to get the Puzzle back." Lisa looked into Joey's eyes. "So what's the plan?" They sat down and started to talk quickly about what to do about the problems ahead of them.


Bakenmut's anger had grown since he left the oasis. Most of his plan had gone in a blast of wind. That woman and her companions. It was partly his fault. He had reached out for the boy Yugi. He wanted to tasted that power, that innocence coming from Yugi. He was bored with the boy he had. He wanted something new for one night. It was the draw of Yugi's soul that made him want him badly.

Then Lisa hit him and he felt the power coming from her. The Ring itself wanted her. It wanted to leave him after all he did for it. It was trying to leave him. Lucky for him. Lisa turned and left the area.

It took time to make the Ring realize he was the one it needed. He reached Hor's camp. "Hor!!! Hor!!!" He sank down to the ground. Hor came running out of his tent. "What happened?" The Ring glowed and Bakenmut stood up. His eyes glowed red with power. "The woman Lisa. She has put a staff into the plan. The only thing going for us now is we have the Puzzle. We must attack the camp tonight or everything would be for nothing." Hor wasn't happy with it but he knew Bakenmut was right. "I have to get some of my men ready. We will attack at midnight."

"Good but I need one of them to help me get everything. A young one will be best." Hor was disgusted with that request. "I'll see what I can do for you but don't hold your breath. You may rest in my tent." Bakenmut grunted and walked into Hor's tent. Then he went to talk to his men about the changes in the plans.


The boy was sleeping soundly on Setau's bed. Lisa was sitting on one of the stools. She was thinking about what to do about Bakenmut and the dangers of what was about to happen. Was it the Puzzle that brought them here or was it something else that was more dangerous to name? She noted that Yugi had fallen asleep again. She was worried about him. Joey was worried about him too. He was sitting beside him.

Yami was pacing the room. Setau was looking though some scrolls. "Ah here is the spell we need to trap Bakenmut's soul into the Ring." He held it up for all to see. "So what do we need to do this right?"

Lisa stood up and walked up to Setau. He read the scroll and his face darkened. "The Puzzle is needed." Lisa looked at Joey and Yugi. Joey held Yugi tighter now.

"Setau. Pharaoh. We need to talk about something alone. Can you step out for a moment please." Lisa looked at them with consern in her face.

"First let me say one thing." Yami took a step towards Lisa. "My name is Yami. You and your friends don't have to call me Pharaoh any more." With that Yami left the tent with Setau in tole.

"Joey I didn't want to wake Yugi but we all have to talk about this." Joey shook Yugi. "Yugi, Yugi wake up." Eyes flicker open. "Are you alright Yugi?" A groggy Yugi nodded. "The rest of us have been talking about how to stop Bakenmut."

"There's a problem isn't there." Yugi was waking up. Joey help him stand up. "We need the Puzzle to make the spell work." Yugi looked over to his backpack. "We don't know what the reaction will be if we use the future Puzzle. Then there is also what would happen if we tell Yami and Setau the truth about us."

Yugi blinked his eyes. "You just said Yami's name out loud Lisa." Lisa gave a silly grin. "Well we just moved up in the Pharaoh's eyes. He told us to call him Yami." Yugi's face brighten up. "Really? He told you that?" Joey rubbed Yugi's head. "Yup he did buddy." Yugi hugged Joey and then Lisa.

"So what are we going to do?" Joey looked over at the boy on Setau's bed. "Do you think Bakenmut might still trust the boy?" Lisa didn't like the idea of involving the boy, but then he may be the only one that could get the Puzzle back. "In the end it's up to the boy if he wants to do it. We can't force him back to the one person that could kill him in a flash."

"You are right about that Lisa but then we need the Puzzle back and we can't really tell anyone about the future." Yugi hugged his backpack. "Then there are two choices left to us. First let the boy try to get the Puzzle back. Second use our Puzzle instead." Lisa looked again at the boy. "Let's hope the boy comes through. I don't want to be the one to explain how we got this Puzzle."

Yugi was still holding his backpack. "I'll get Yami and Setau so we can tell them the idea of using the boy." Joey opened the tent flap to ask Setau and Yami back in. Lisa went over to where the boy was sleeping. She touched the boy's shoulder. "Are you awake little one?" She rubbed his back.

A moan came from the small body. Setau looked at Lisa waking the boy. "He should sleep some more. To let him heal his body."

"I wish we could let him sleep but we need his help."

"His help?" Yami was once again pacing the tent floor. "To get the Puzzle. Bakenmut would still trust the boy right?" The boy's eyes flickered open. "What do you wish me to do?" He looked into her eyes. "I know this is asking much of you, but can you get the Puzzle back for the Pharaoh?" The boy jumped up and looked at the group before him.

"Yes I can and I will die trying to." Lisa gripped the boy's shoulder. "Now don't you do something foolish. Find the Puzzle and get back here as fast as you can." The boy nodded and then hugged Lisa. "I just want to thank you." Lisa blinked. "For what?"

"For giving me courage to do the right thing." He then ran out of the tent.


Will the boy get the Puzzle back or will Yugi, Lisa and Joey have to tell Yami and Setau about the future? Thanks for the spell check Jumper Prime.