Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ "Loveless" ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

"Loveless"

By: Enkidu

My attept at a Yami Malik/ Malik fic. There's also Bakura/Ryou and hints of Malik/Bakura. Mention of Yami/Yugi.

Notes: Yami Malik=Yami Malik (But, only Malik calls him Yami, so don't get confused) ; Yami Bakura=Bakura; Bakura=Ryou; Malik=Malik. Oh, and it's set after Battle City, assuming that Yami Malik is sent to the Shadow Realm.

Warning: Possible OOC. Lots of Angst. Not a happy fic. Possible death. Suicide. Yaoi.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 1

"I don't understand him."

"He's so dark. He's so evil. He's so sinister."

"He doesn't care about anybody else."

"He doesn't care about who he hurts."

Malik sighed heavily as he leaned over the bathroom sink, staring at his blank reflection. Nothing there but two hollow eyes. The mere product of his Yami's mission to cover the world in darkness. He didn't understand. He didn't understand at all. His mind blinked back to that conversation he had with Bakura earlier.

*Flashback*

"I don't get him," Malik said as he leaned on the railing of the bridge letting the wind whip his hair all around his face.

Malik and Bakura had decided to meet each other and talk for reasons unknown to either of them. They just enjoyed each other's company. They had met up on a small empty bridge overlooking a peaceful park. Bakura brought along his aibou who was currently reclined on a blanket next to a lake.

"What do you mean?" Bakura asked leaning over the railing also, a few feet away from the Egyptian.

"My Yami. I don't get him," Malik explained again.

The tomb robber just stared silently at the clear blue pond that was under them, watching the tiny waves drift as the fish swam around. "There isn't much to get," he said at last.

Malik brushed away the bleached strands that fell into his eyes. "You two were partners back in Ancient Egypt, weren't you?"

Bakura nodded slightly. "We were. But, he wasn't always like that."

"Like what?" Malik asked curiously.

"He wasn't always out to destroy everything. He was actually a lot like you," Bakura explained keeping his eyes trained on his hikari.

"A lot like me.." Malik wondered. His eyes drifted off to whatever it was that fascinated Bakura so much. He looked at the other's hikari peacefully feeding the pigeons. He then looked back at Bakura's face and could've sworn the other was trying to hold back a smile.

"You love him, don't you?" Malik asked studying Bakura's face intently.

Bakura remained silent a few seconds. He turned to face the Egyptian with a foreign expression in his eyes. He lifted one of his hands to lightly brush Malik's cheek, making the taller boy blush slightly.

"It doesn't bother you, does it?" Bakura asked letting his hand rest on Malik's cheek.

"What?" Malik asked in confusion.

"That I love him and not you."

Malik shook his head softly. "No," he whispered silently. "I don't care as long as you're happy." He bowed his head down a bit letting a tear fall freely to the ground.

"He makes me happy," Bakura said, removing his hand, leaning on the rail again, and turning to look at Ryou. Ryou saw him staring and smiled joyfully while waving his hand. Bakura surrendered to the small smile that planted itself on his lips.

Malik wiped away any other tears that might have slipped past his defenses. "I better go," he said softly, wanting to leave the two lovers alone. He turned to leave and started to walk down the bridge.

"Wait," Bakura said softly.

"What?" Malik asked, craning his head to look at the former tomb robber.

"People do a lot of crazy things for love," was all Bakura said before turning back to look at Ryou.

*End Flashback*

He promised himself he wouldn't cry. He held back the tears that threatened to slip free. His only friend, and the boy he thought he loved just told him he didn't love him. He felt empty. Alone. He cursed Yugi and Ryou for their luck in finding Yamis that loved them and would do anything for them. Meanwhile, he had to suffer by himself.

He only wished his Yami wasn't some insane demon trying to destroy the world. He never understood him.

"Are you in pain? What are you feeling?" Malik asked his reflection.

His mind flew back to the first day he met his Yami.

*Flashback*

Malik was only ten. He had just received the painful carvings on his back, and so he was forced to sleep on his stomach. His tears were running down his cheeks in rivulets as he cursed his father for all the pain and torture he felt. It was all too much to bare.

Suddenly, he felt his body convulse. His eyes slid shut, and he welcomed whatever darkness that was threatening to sustain him. He nearly cried out as he felt his body being burned down the middle. Just as it came, the pain was quickly gone. His eyes snapped open, and in front of him stood a boy that resembled him. The boy was slightly taller with spiky hair, more narrow eyes, and his pupils were extremely dilated making his eyes seem like two lavender balls of flame.

The boy smiled darkly at him as he walked towards the bed-ridden Malik. He gently ran his hand over Malik's cheek, caressing it lovingly. "Don't worry. You are not alone in your pain. I shall free you from all of this," the darked version of himself whispered.

Malik felt himself be entranced. The boy's voice spoke more wisdom than his appearance. It seemed strangely exciting, and Malik couldn't help but enjoy the way the other touched him so tenderly. Then, the darker fascimile seemed to merge into him, dissappearing.

Malik didn't see his Yami again until years later...

*End Flashback*

"You said you'd free from my pain!" Malik scram at his reflection. "You said you would!!!!"

Tears began to run down from his eyes again as he gripped the sink tightly. "Why does it still hurt? Why has everything gotten worse since you appeared?" Malik knew it was insane to be yelling at a dark spirit that had been sent to the Shadow Realm and couldn't hear him, but he was in too much pain to care.

"I only wanted to be loved," the Egyptian whispered brokenly as he sank to his knees. He couldn't bear the weight of his suffering anymore. He had only wanted to avenge the death of his father. He never meant for his Yami to get out of control. He had only wanted to live a normal, happy life. Fate had dealt him a different card.

"Who will save your soul?" Malik muttered as he pitifully crawled to where he had left his Millenium Rod earlier. "Who will save your soul?" he continued to mutter. "Who will save your soul?" He repeated as he grabbed the Millenium Rod with a death grip.

He extended the blade, looking at it intently. "Who will save your soul?" His eyes narrowed as he pricked his finger lightly, watching in fascination as a drop of blood cascaded to his floor.

"Who will save your soul, Yami?" He asked louder, not expecting an answer.

"Certainly, I will not be there to pick up the pieces. Your soul is damned." He unclasped his bracelets from his arms, running the tip of the dagger along his veins. "Just like mines," he whispered sadly before cutting a straight line deeply into his arm.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*

Well, this wasn't supposed to be a multi-part fic, but oh well...Things didn't exactly go to plan. So, I changed it. But anywho, do you think I should continue? Huh? Huh?