Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A Beautiful Love ❯ Opening ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: If I owned any of these characters or stories this is what it would be like, but I don't so that's why this story's on this website.

Warnings: Mostly Yaoi. There is no course language, no sexual language, barely anything suggestive, just good, clean, wholesome love and compassion. They're just two boys. I guess if you have something against that you wouldn't like this story, but I truly believe this is pairings at their best.

ÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐ 8;ÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐ& #208;ÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐ 8;ÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐ& #208;ÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐ 8;ÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐ& #208;Ð

I am not a great writer. I am not even a good writer, and mediocer is a high title for one such as me. But I'd like to think of myself as a passionate writer. In fact, everything that I do write and have written, long or short, conveys an emotion, or opinion that has moved me to write about what has sturred me. Today I would like to express in these pages an emotion so common, and yet so needed. I'd like to write about love. I like to think that love has shades and colours, and that each indevidual pigment represents some form of discovered or forgotten love unique to the individuals who share it. Growing up in a Western society, we often use roses to distinguish love and its many tangents. Red roses are significant to pure, wholesome, undying love forever and always. Yellow roses are friendship, unbreakable and clean.

Yugi is a relatively young man. He works hard and loves hard, and is loyal to the end. He loves his family and everything that they do for him. He loves his extended family, his friends, and even his enemies, and shows them compassion. Yugi never forgets where he came from, his humility is unmatchable. He is a human deserving of love, of life and laughter. And despite his odd exterior, most would call him adorable.

'…adorable.' Is what his other half thought, and continues to think after their time together. For all intents and purposes we will tag the spirit of the nameless Pharoah, with the name Yami, because that was all he was and all he knew, before his new found partner unearthed him and pulled from the unquenshing lightlessness. Yami often thought about that moment in time when he was rescued, as he watched Yugi sleep at night. He was so peaceful, especially now that he knew that Yami was there to watch over him and to protect him. Yami would await the rise and fall of Yugi's pale chest, only partly covered by his sleepwear. Yugi always slept with the oddest and most fascinating expression on his face. Between the soft breaths of uncontiousness, his perked up nose or his fair skin, Yami could never draw his eyes away from his sleeping partner for long. And so, night after sleepless night he would watch, undesturbed by the world. All was right in the world in these moments.

At times Yugi would stir when dreaming. Yami couldn't always see his dreams, nor did he want to invade his partner's private fantasies, but he could always sense them, and the feelings and emotions that would wrap around his partner as he slept. And whether or not Yugi willed it to be, Yami always knew that he had some influence in Yugi's dreams, he was glad that he could guard his partner's dreams as well as his realities.

Tonight was no different. Hours earlier, Yugi had dressed and made ready for his rest and Yami, perched on the edge of his bed, watched him with love. Things in life might go wrong, they might be in terrible danger, or unserpassing happiness, but it was always the same before bed. Yami was glad of the peace. As always Yugi had crawled into bed with something on his mind, something to talk about, no matter of importance, that he would discuss with his other self before he drifted off. Yugi cherished those moments before bed when he and his other self would just talk as if nothing mattered at all. He felt so close and loved by his other self, they made each other feel special.

That particular night the topic of vague conversation was the meaning of life. Both took the topic very lightly and voiced their opinions without much care. Yugi had said that life must be purposeful, or else what was the point. Yugi asked his other self what he thought his life meant. Yami had responded in a curious way.

"I think you are an example of light in its purest form." He told Yugi. "I would be amazed if you could do any harm in your life, my partner. I don't know what life means, but I know that whatever direction you take…will be blissful and full of love." Yami shifted his voice to be even the more soft and gentle.

Yugi, whose eyes were in the direction of the moonlight shining outside his window, smiled serenely and yawned.

"Because you will always be part of my life." He answered, closing his eyes. Yami smiled.

"Goodnight, my partner. I will watch over your dreams." He said warmly.

Yugi sighed happily in response as his breathing fell into a deep, slow rythmn and drifted into sleep.

Yami sighed contently. He slipped up next to Yugi, lying on his back and turning his head to face his partner. He would always cherish this boy, he thought. Always protect him and be with him, because he could not imagine being anywhere else. Anywhere else than with his partner, his purpose, his love.

'I am truly blessed.' He thought.

ÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐ 8;ÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐ

Days would always go as they would. School or not, friends or not, homework or housework or playing or not. Yugi would always end up where he started, right where he wanted to be most. In the privacy of his room, with his other self.

Tonight was a free night. It was a cool Tuesday evening with no homework and no plans. Yugi thought he would spend the free time with his other self. Sometimes, when they spent the evening together they would talk. They would talk about more than what they said to each other before Yugi drifted to sleep. They would hold deep conversations about everything that happened around them and inside them. There were so many mysteries and questions to be discussed, and the two talked well into the night sometimes using words, sometimes drifting into thought which was more convenient. Yami would hold his partner in his arms as they talked and would nuzzle his hair. Yugi loved being in his tender embrace. At times they wouldn't speak at all and just sit there in each other's warm hold and smile to themselves. Just enjoying being peaceful and together. Their unspoken bond was strongest when they were silent.

Of course Yugi and his other self were never really apart. Nomatter what time of day it was Yami was always conciously with him. Looking through his partners eyes at the world around them and uttering unspoken seeds of advice and encouragement now and again. Yugi had never felt so complete. But during the day others always surrounded them. Their friends and family, duelists and rivals and strangers alike, so yes they were together, but not alone.

"Are you content, my partner." Yami asked that night, after a long silence, pulling Yugi in a little closer.

"Why do you ask questions you already know the answer to, other me?" Yugi responded earnestly.

"I am very content to be here alone with you." Yami said. He layed his forehead down atop Yugi's locks, breathing in the warmth.

"Something that doesn't happen as much as I'd like, I'm afraid." Yugi added.

"Indeed, but when it does I am greatful, my partner." Yami smiled playfully. He tickled his partner lightly. Yugi giggled and pulled away a little.

"Haha, I'm glad." Yugi layed his head down apon Yami's shoulder.

"How is it that we are so lucky to have each other, other me?" Yugi asked.

"One must assume that it was meant to be that we are so blissful together." Yami raised his hand to Yugi's shoulder and pulled him back to their original closeness.

"Heh, someone up there likes me." Yugi joked and looked up into Yami's eyes. They smiled at each other.

"Maybe." Yami said after a moment. "And someone down here loves you."

Yugi smiled broader. "I love you to."

"I know." Yami said. He kissed Yugi's forehead.

"Remember when you kissed me, I mean, really kissed me?" Yugi asked, returning his head to Yami's shoulder. "I liked that."

"You dream about that moment often, don't you."

"Are you spying on my dreams?" Yugi chuckled.

"No. But I feel the same feeling from you as I remember when I kissed you."

"They're very nice dreams. How come you haven't kissed me again?"

"I don't know. We were happy for the moment, I remember."

"Do you think about it too?" Yugi asked, who had less skill in perseiving his other self's mind.

"As much as I think about you, partner." Yami tickled him again. Yugi attempted a counter attack with his right hand, but failed as Yami grabbed hold of his wrists and held them firmly between them. Yugi was now sitting up and facing his other self.

"Would you like me to kiss you again?" Yami asked, holding Yugi's gaze.

"Always with the silly questions, other me." Yugi smiled.

Yami pulled Yugi in at the wrists and their lips settled together. Yami felt that familiar loving feeling from Yugi and reciprocated. Closed eyes, they nestled their hands in each other's and continued to hold each other in their chaste kiss.

'I like this.' Yugi thought, and Yami, hearing him quite clearly, smiled a little against him.

After a remarkably long period of time passed for such an innocent kiss, the two reluctantly broke apart at the sound of Yugi's mother coming up the stairs. Yugi layed back against the bed post where he and Yami had been lying, feeling the loss of his contact with Yami's lips.

His door opened slowly, his mother poked her head in.

"It's time for bed now." She told him, looking around the toy endowed room.

"What were you doing in here?" She asked, just seeing him siting on his bed alone. Of course she couldn't see Yami.

"Nothing much, I was just about to get ready for bed anyways. G'night mum." She smiled and closed the door softly behind her.

"Are you going to bed now?" Yami asked, also at a loss for that affectionate contact.

"Yes. And you'll be in my dreams tonight. Feel free to listend in." Yami smiled as Yugi said this.

"Maybe I will." Yami answered as Yugi jumped from the bed and to his chest of drawers where he drew out his favourite blue pyjamas.

Yugi had never felt self contious when he changed or bathed in front of Yami, not even when he first acknoledged him. It wasn't even ever thought about. Even though Yami always watched relentlessly. He was facinated by this boy's body, but he never coveted it. He loved him too much.

Yami moved over on the bed as Yugi crawled in under the covers and shut off the light. He lay down next to his other self who was propped up on an elbow.

"It feels really nice to kiss you." Yugi said.

"Likewise, my partner." Yugi was facing away from him.

"Do you think we will ever go beyond kisses, other me?" Yugi asked sleepily, turning over on to his other shoulder to face his other self.

"Is that what you want?" Yami asked.

'You know you're in my dreams, other me.' Yugi thought to him, he smirked.

'I suspected as much, partner.' Yami thought back, returning the smirk.

'Don't you think about me?'

Yami thought silently for a moment about how he should answer. It was true that he had had the fantasies, especially earlier on, but now he was just content to be with Yugi, and he loved him so much that it was beyond fantasy and desire. He had almost supressed those other feelings.

'I would like it.' Was his answer.

Yugi smiled again, and yawned. Yami took his free hand and pulled his fingers gently over Yugi's eyes, closing them softly, then he brushed away Yugi's bangs from his face.

'We will talk more later. For now, you must sleep. I'll watch over your dreams, my partner.'

"Goodnight, other me." Yami watched the usual pattern of his partner's drifting into sleep. He felt so content. More than usual.

Yami watched the sleeping Yugi and a soft melody escaped his lips. A song he had heard once and the notes drifted threw his soft voice as easily as water. He didn't feel any significance in the song, but the music spoke for itself as he began with the words.

There'll be blue birds over,

The white cliffs of Dover,

Tomorrow,

Just you wait and see.

There'll be joy and laughter,

And peace ever after,

Tomorrow,

When the world is free.

The shepherd will count his sheep,

The valleys will bloom again,

And Jimmy will go to sleep,

In his own little room again.

There'll be blue birds over,

The white cliffs of Dover,

Tomorrow,

Just you wait and see.

His voice died down slightly as the song fell into a soft hum. Yami really liked this song, a song of hope and happiness. Tomorrow, just you wait and see. He would wait. Until tomorrow.

ÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐ 8;ÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐ& #208;ÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐ 8;ÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐ& #208;ÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐ 8;ÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐ& #208;

Well…I did my best. I really wanted to write a story about Yami and Yugi's love for each other. I wanted it to be yellow love and red love, not lustful (I really do tire of the "I love you" "I love you too, let's get it on" fics. Yes, I know, I've written one). And I want to keep it as beautiful as possible whether I add a lemon or not. About the lemon, I'm going to ask another author to help me with that. I don't remember their name, but they wrote "Morning" another very lovey-dovey yaoi fic, only Seto/Jou. They'll hopefully help me out. I recommend their fic, if you're into this kinda fluff. Another note: The song "The White Cliffs of Dover" is a beautiful song about the rebirth after a war. If you want to music, just send word, it's a really really beautiful song, which is why I thought of it when I wondered what Yami should sing. Speaking of Yami…notice how neither he or Yugi called each other by those names…I hope all you purists out there appreciate that. Not that it matters, but I didn't feel that Yami and Hakari are very appropriete names anyway. I didn't want to use any Japanese "Aibou"'s either. I'm Canadian Damnit and I can translate if I want. Great. Now I'm getting defensive. Sorry 'bout that. Also notice that Yami is in spirit form the whole time. I know I know that you can't feel ghosts, but after all the anime evidence that Yugi and Yami can indeed feel each other in spirit form, I'm just going with it. If you're not convinced, check out the caps for ep. 184. Yugi in spirit form is hanging on to Yami's arm, plus they hang on to each other for the rest of the episode, getting all touchy feely (mind out of the gutter).

I'll say my farewells now. Please give me a little encouragement, I tend to drop stories if there's no interest(maybe not this one because I love it so much already) You don't have to say much, unless you need to, but a little note is always nice. Last thing: If you know you're farely good at pretty, loving and passionate lemon writing, give me a buzz, I'd love to read your stories.