Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A Date Between Unkown Lovers ❯ A Date For Unkown Lovers ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yu-Gi-Oh/ Tea/ Seto Kaiba

A Date For Unknown Lovers

Summary: Tea and Kaiba get set up on a romantic date by Mokuba, who suspects they are in love with each other. One-shot.

Disclaimer: I do not own YuGiOh, no matter what, I don't have enough money…*sniff*

Hello everyone! My name is Star Stalker and this is my first fanfiction on mediaminer. Please review because I would appreciate it if you could tell me how you liked it. Thanks! ^_^

A DATE FOR UNKNOWN LOVERS

Mokuba poked his head around his brother's office door. Seto Kaiba was staring at something. A picture, it looked like. He wondered what it was. "Um, Seto?"

Kaiba look up, startled. "Yes Mokuba? Did you want something?"

"There's a problem downstairs in the schedules that they need your help with."

"Let me guess. Johnson needs my help. I changed one of the meeting times and he is probably in a lot of trouble because his boss thinks that he made a mistake."

Mokuba's eyes widened. "Wow. You're dead on." Just then someone on one of the lower levels screamed in frustration. "You better get down there right now."

Seto nodded his head. "Yeah. I think I should get down there as well. Oh, before I forget, Mokuba, a young girl named Susan called for you. She wanted to know if you could come over next Saturday. I told her you could." Mokuba's cheeks flushed as he nodded and Kaiba swept out of the office.

Mokuba was about to leave when he noticed that the paper Kaiba had been looking at was lying on the desk. `Should I look- Nah. That's Seto's. He'd get mad at me.' He looked at the desk, then down the hall. `Well, maybe just a little peek.' Mokuba crept quietly over to the desk and picked the paper up.

He had been right. It was a photo. It was a picture of Tea Gardner, who was a friend of Kaiba's frequent dueling rival, Yugi Motou. Mokuba looked at the picture more closely. Tea was a very beautiful person. She had shoulder length brown hair, twinkling blue eyes, and long fingered, elegant hands. In the picture, she was wearing a navy bikini and was sitting on a large boulder that was in the middle of a river. She was smiling and waving at the camera. Mokuba didn't know how Seto had gotten the picture, but he suspected it had something to do with Yugi.

Maybe his brother liked Tea. She was certainly a good choice. She was one of the nicest girls in his brother's school. A plan started to form in his mind. `What if I could get them on a date? A romantic date?' Mokuba turned the picture over to put it back in its spot and noticed writing in the corner. Tea Gardner, (510) 530-0000, was written in his brother's narrow, cramped hand-writing.

Mokuba hurried across the hallway to his brother's secretary office. "Sharon?" he asked. "Can you make some phone calls for me?"

"Sure Mokuba. Who do you want me to call?" she said smiling.

"I need you to make reservations at a nice, romantic, restaurant for a corner table for seven-thirty under the name Seto Kaiba on the 31st . Then call and see if you can have Tokyo Tower rented that same night. If you cannot get Tokyo Tower, get something else and make sure that it's romantic, but inform me where it will be. Make sure a table, chairs, and some dessert gets put up there by nine- thirty. I'll need the limo that night and Seto's dress suit will have to be sent to the dry cleaners. Get his shoes polished too. I'll need you to send a formal address note and a dozen red roses to the house of Tea Gardner by tonight. I'll dictate the note. Will you take it down for me?"

Sharon nodded. "Does your brother know about this?"

"No. But this is all for him, so he shouldn't be to mad when he finds out about what I'm doing for him. But Seto must not find out about this till I tell him on the 31st. Okay, here's the note:

Ms. Tea Gardner,

Mr. Seto Kaiba formally requests your company on a formal dinner date

At: seven-fifteen

On: July 31st,

A limo will be sent for you at the above time. Please be ready and waiting at that time. Please note that it will be formal, so you will need to wear something nice. R.S.V.P. at

(510) 123-4567 extention: 5492 Thank you.

Yours Truly,

Seto Kaiba

Okay, that's it."

"Got it. Let me make sure I don't forget anything. A reservation at a romantic restaurant for a corner table at seven-thirty on the 31st, Tokyo Tower needs to be rented for the 31st, desserts and seats need to be up there by nine-thirty, Mr.Kaiba's dress suit needs to be sent to the dry cleaners and then laid out, his shoes need to be polished, you'll need the limo, and a note and a dozen red roses need to be sent to the home of Tea Gardner today. Is that it?"

"Yeah. Thanks a lot Sharon."

"Anytime Mokuba. Anytime."

@@@TEA'S HOUSE@@@

Tea Gardner frowned as she drove into her driveway. She had seen something on her porch.

Tea gasped when she saw the roses. They were beautiful, but who would send her roses? Wait, was that a note? Tea picked up the blood red envelope and the flowers before opening the door. She set her things down and got a vase from a cupboard to put the roses in some water.

Tea breathed deeply as she buried her face in the fragrant bouquet. `These smell wonderful! But there is still the question of who sent them to me. They're probably from Yugi because he forgot my birthday and just found out about it. It's really sweet but I would have preferred a book, or a pretty necklace. Might as well read the card.'

Tea walked into the entrance hall where she had set it. The envelope smelled faintly of roses. She opened the card and was astonished when she saw the beautiful calligraphy that the note was written in.

Ms. Tea Gardner,

Mr. Seto Kaiba formally requests your company on a formal dinner date

At: seven-fifteen

On: July 31st

A limo will be sent for you at the above time. Please be ready and waiting at that time. Please note that it will be formal, so you will need to wear something nice. R.S.V.P. at (510) 123-4567 extention:5492. Thank you.

Yours Truly,

Seto Kaiba

`Wow.' Tea thought. `Never saw that coming. I didn't think that Kaiba has even noticed me. I mean, he's so cute, and I'm not very pretty. Okay, so today is the twenty- ninth. So the date is the day after tomorrow. I don't think that I have any thing planned that night. So, I guess that I'm going. I'll shop for a dress tomorrow. Now I have to R.S.V.P.' Tea reached out, picked up the telephone, and dialed the for-mentioned number.

"Hello. Kaiba Corporations. Sharon speaking."

"Yes, my name is Tea Gardner and I was calling to R.S.V.P."

"Oh. Tea Gardner. Yes, Mr. Kaiba told me about you."

"He told you about me? In my experience with Kaiba, he's not that talkative."

"Well he told me that you'd be calling to R.S.V.P. He didn't really tell me anything else."

"Oh. Well, please tell him that I will be waiting and thank you. Oh, and before I forget, how formal will it be?"

Sharon thought about the restaurant she had reserved. "Very formal. I need to go, but thank you for calling. Good-bye."

`That's odd. What was so important that she had to leave the phone?' Tea thought, bewildered.

@@@SHARON'S OFFICE@@@

"Who called to R.S.V.P Sharon?" Kaiba asked as he entered her office.

She crossed her fingers under her desk. "Huh? Oh, no one sir, it was the wrong number, they wouldn't accept the fact that it wasn't the number they wanted, so I played along with them. I didn't think that it would do any harm." Sharon said.

"Okay, well, next time they call, don't play along. Make sure they understand it is the wrong number."

"Yes Mr. Kaiba."

@@@AT YUGI'S GRANDPA'S SHOP@@@

"Say, Tea, would you like to go to the party with us? It's on the 31st." asked Tristan.

"No. I'm sorry. I can't. I have a date. I wish I could go with you guys though." Tea said, smiling.

"With who?" Mai asked, instantly interested.

"It's a secret. But I do have to go shopping for a dress today. Will you go with me?" Tea asked Mai.

"Do you really have to ask? Of course I'll go. I'll be ready in five minutes, okay?" Mai said. Tea nodded as Mai rushed to the bathroom.

A few minutes later, Mai had Tea by the arm and was dragging her toward the door. "We will be back in a couple of hours! See you! Bye!" Mai called as she reached her car.

@@@THE 31ST , SIX-THIRTY, KAIBA@@@

"Mokuba, what do you mean by `get dressed, you have a date'? I don't have a date." said an exasperated Seto Kaiba.

"Yes you do. I set one up for you." Mokuba said simply.

"Mokuba! With who?"

"Tea Gardener, that's who." Mokuba said, wondering what his brother's reaction would be.

"T-T-Tea Gardner?" Seto asked, his cheeks flushed dark red.

`So he does like her. Good.' Mokuba thought. "Yes," he said, "Tea Gardner. You need to pick her at seven-fifteen. Everything has been arranged, so you have a reservation at the restaurant at seven-thirty. The driver knows where to go. You must be done eating by nine-fifteen. Then, you will go to Toyo Tower where there will be desserts waiting. The driver also knows to go there. Better get dressed, or you will be late picking Tea up." Mokuba said before he walked out the door of his brother's room.

Kaiba looked around frantically for something to wear before he spotted his dress suit layed out on his bed. "Mokuba, you really did think of everything." Seto said aloud as he strode over to his bed.

@@@THE 31ST ,SIX-THIRTY, TEA'S HOUSE@@@

At six-thirty, Tea walked into her bedroom to begin to get dressed. Her hair was in curlers already. She went to take out the dress she had bought with Mai on the 30th.

It was a beautiful dress, and Tea thanked her lucky stars that she had found it as she put it on.

The dress was a deep, midnight blue. There was one strap that would go over her right shoulder. There was black trim on the top of the bodice and on the hem. The dress started spreading out at her knees to pool slightly at her toes of her black strappy heels. She had also bought a silver bracelet and necklace set. Tea took her hair down so that it fell in soft brown waves and curls. The last thing she put on was a black satin rose, the edges of the petals were gilded with silver. Tea put on mascara, silver eye shadow, and lipstick before going to stand outside with her purse at seven-ten.

Five minutes later, a black limo pulled up outside of Tea's house and she walked up to meet it. Kaiba opened the door and stood up. He placed a quick kiss on her temple before taking her hand and helping her into the limo.

"You look beautiful." Kaiba said almost breathily. He was staring at her with an unabashed look. Tea was startled. She had never seen him at this way.

"Thank you. You look very handsome yourself. Tell me, where are we going?" Tea asked.

"T-T-Thank you. You'll see where we are going when we g-get there." Kaiba said. Tea stared at him. She had never heard him stutter before. The rest of the ride was a silent one. Kaiba was still staring at her. It was very disconcerting.

When they got to the restaurant, Kaiba opened the door to the limo and offered his arm to her when she got out. Tea gasped. They were going to the most wanted restaurant in town. How Seto had gotten a reservation so quickly baffled her.

"Your name sir?" the seating hostess asked.

"Seto Kaiba."

"Ah. Yes. You reserved our most romantic corner table. Please come this way."

Tea shot Kaiba a look. `Most romantic corner table?' Why had he done that? Did that mean he really, really, really liked her? She hoped it did.'

The waitress led them to a table in the back of the restaurant. It was indeed very romantic table. Ivy climbed a trellis that was next to the table. Like in the rest of the restaurant, it was lit with candles, but the moonlight also helped with a silvery glow. A red rose sat in a vase on the table and a bottle of red merlot sat in a bucket of ice.

"Please have a seat. Your waitress will be with you shortly."

"Thank you." Said Kaiba.

They began to talk. Both discovered that they had many things in common. They talked, laughed, ate, and drank a little wine. At nine -fifteen, Kaiba got up. "Come on. I have another surprise for you."

So Tea stood up and they went back to the limo that was waiting outside. The driver did not take any instructions on where to go to from Kaiba, which, she thought strange.

When they arrived, Tea gasped I surprise. A table for two was set, and another table was piled high with desserts. There was cakes of all kinds, like New York Cheesecake, which was Tea's favorite, chocolate cake, coconut cake, and vanilla and chocolate swirl cake. There were pies too; apple and peach and berry pies. Ice cream was piled high on a large platter that sat in the center of the table. A bottle of champagne sat in a bucket filled with ice chips while two champagne glasses sat on the table.

"Oh Kaiba, this is, this is absolutely wonderful! Thank you so much for such a wonderful night! Thank You!" Tea cried, and without thinking, she stood on tiptoe and kissed his cheek. Tea gasped softly when she realized what she had done.

Seto Kaiba, had never been kissed on his cheek before. He had never been kissed at all, ever before. Then, he did something that he would have never done in any other circumstance. He took Tea in his arms, looked into her eyes, and whispered, "Your Welcome." And then, he kissed her.

Their lips touching ever so softly at first, but then the kiss deepened. For how long they kissed, neither of them knew.

Breathless, Tea looked at Kaiba for a moment, confusion in her eyes. "Why… Why did you kiss me?" she asked softly.

"Because I love you." He whispered just as softly. "You have such an effect on me, I've never felt this way before." Then, Seto took her hand and led her toward the table of desserts.

Halfway there, Tea glanced at Seto and said, " Seto?"

"Yes?"

"I love you too." They smiled again, each caught in the others eyes, feeling about to drown, before they kissed again. And then, they walked the rest of the way to the table of desserts.

AN-Once again, it would mean a lot to me if you would review because, this is my first fic on this website. So, R and R please!

REVIEW!