Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A Tale of Brown Eyes ❯ A Tale of Brown Eyes ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX:
A Tale of Brown Eyes
 
 
Syrus tried as hard as he could to ignore what had been on his mind for weeks now as he sat in Strategy class, playing a game of chess with Chumley.
 
“I'll take your king's rook with my queen's bishop and that puts you in check, Sy.”
 
Syrus was jerked back to the game after his mind had wandered to that special place in his head.
 
“Huh? Oh, good move, Chumley. But that leaves your bishop open to my king's knight, so I'll take him with it and that puts you in check.” Syrus half-grinned at Chumley.
 
“Darn!” Chumley hit the table, almost knocking the chess pieces over.
 
“Temper, temper, Chumley!” the voice was one Syrus loved to hear. Jaden placed a hand on Chumley's shoulder and grinned. “Don't worry. Behind the curtain of a loss, there's always a win in hiding. You just gotta find it!”
 
Chumley returned Jaden's smile and said, “You're right! I'm not giving up!” As the game continued, Jaden went over to Syrus's side of the board and placed a hand on his shoulder. Sy didn't try to suppress his joy at the touch of whom he loved and wasn't sure if it showed or not. He decided that now was not the time to tell Jaden how he felt, but he'd have to do it later and see if Alexis couldn't help him scrounge up the courage.
 
Syrus and Chumley played on, their skill equally matched and it seemed it would end in a stalemate. At least, until…
 
“Hmm…” Syrus contemplated all the consequences to all his possible moves and found only one that would keep him safe, and luckily, it also put Chumley in check. He moved his remaining bishop to put Chumley's king in check. Only one move was open to Chumley. He moved his king back one space, to which Syrus replied by moving his rook to put the king in checkmate. And he had done it. Syrus had checkmated Chumley! Instead of getting mad, Chumley held out his hand to Sy. Syrus took the much bigger hand in his own and shook it.
 
“Good game, Chumley. It was fun!”
 
“You too, Sy.”
 
Their handshake was broken by Jaden lifting Syrus's hand into the air, shouting “Three cheers for Syrus!” The entire class stood up and shouted with Jaden. “Hip, hip, hooray! Hip, hip, hooray! Hip, hip, HOORAY!” Syrus was overwhelmed. Not only had he won a great chess game, but now his secret love was holding his hand. Even if it was meant platonically.
 
 
 
Later, Syrus was walking with Jaden around campus and stopped him. He had rehearsed it exactly as Alexis had told him to say it.
 
“Jaden, I want to thank you,” he said, looking the other boy's brown eyes.
 
“For what, Sy?” he asked, shoving his hands in his pockets.
 
“For earlier, for leading that cheer. No one's ever cheered for me before…” Syrus smiled a sad smile before continuing. “But…there's one more thing I want.”
 
“What would that be, Sy?”
 
“You, Jaden. For so long, I've felt so great when we've been together. And, I'm just not going to be able to enjoy it if I don't get an answer one way or another. Even if I don't like it, at least I won't-”
 
Syrus stopped when he felt the warm finger against his lips.
 
“I think you'll like this, Syrus,” he whispered, bringing his face closer to Syrus's. Jaden placed his arms around Syrus, puckered and met his lips to Syrus's. He brought their kiss to a climax and pulled away and opened his eyes. He smiled sweetly at Syrus.
 
“I did, Jaden. I did.”
 
 
 
 
 
Well, isn't that special? Tell me what you think: Review!