Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A Thousand Words ❯ Pride Makes a Slave of Me and a Victim of You (Prt 3) ( Chapter 10 )

[ A - All Readers ]

~But I won't go down on what I said

I won't retract convictions read

I may perplex, but I'm not blind~

"Ugh!" A hand went up to push back the sandy blond hair from their eyes. "Where on earth am I?" As he started to sit up, a tightening of arms around his waist stopped him dead in his tracks. Looking down at the figure in his arms, his eyes shot wide open, the sleep immediately vanishing from them.

"Anzu!" was the harsh whisper that escaped his full lips. Worried eyes hurriedly glance at the clock hanging from the wall across him.

"What, Marik? It's still early." Anzu commented as she raised her head off of Marik's chest.

"You need to get out of here before Malik wakes up."

At the sound of Marik's hikari's name, Anzu sat straight up. With a frown upon her face, she looked at Marik.

"You afraid you're little hikari's going to find out where you've been getting pleasure from since you ain't getting shit at home?" Anzu sneered.

Marik's eyes flashed guilt before they narrowed dangerously in anger.

"Never, and I mean never, talk about Malik like that! What happened last night was a mistake, as well as all the other nights. They never should have happened. Do you understand?" Marik questioned as he stood to get dressed.

As Anzu walked toward the door. She turned to him and said the few wards that truly broke him down.

"But that `mistake' didn't stop you from coming back every time." With that said, the door closed with a soft click.

Marik sat beck on the plush sofa with a soft thud as his back fell against the sofa itself. Anzu's parting words echoed around his head, each time breaking him even more. `Didn't stop you from coming back every time.'

"She's right. I didn't stop going back to her. It was a mistake the first time, but I… I… went back every other time after that. Oh, Ra!" Marik whispered brokenly.

Taking a hold of himself, Marik dragged himself up the stairs and towards his hikari's room. Their mind link had been blocked for a very long time and Marik didn't bother trying to open it once. As he reached the door, he knew something wasn't right. The room was quiet… to quiet.

Slamming the wooden door open, he was met with the most heart shattering sight of his entire life. Malik's stuff was missing as was the hikari himself. The only thing that truly broke him apart was the Millennium Rod that laid upon a letter on the bed.

Apologies fell from Marik's full lips as he read the letter.

"Come back, love. I'm sorry. Please. Come back to me… I can't live without you. I need you. I never meant to… hurt you… I'm sorry…Malik…"

A/N: I'm truly sorry for the short chapters… they'll be longer but it's going to end soon and I'm working on the sequel at the moment so they mite be a lil longer but not that much… sorry…plz review tho!