Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Afraid of the Dark ❯ Shattered ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

*~ Afraid of the Dark~*

'Thought'

"Spoken"

\ Bakura's voice in his head \

\\ Yami Bakura's voice in Bakura's head \\

~*~*~ Scene Change ~*~*~

/Yugi's voice in his head/

//Yami's voice in Yugi's head//

Disclaimer: I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh.

Warning: VIOLENCE ALERT ^_^

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------

Part 4 - Shattered

Joey frowned as he looked up, his honey blonde hair wavering in his face as his eyes caught sight of the fast approaching figure. He jumped to his feet and walked forward, signalling to Yugi and Bakura to stay back, "he's coming," he growled, clenching his fists.

Both the smaller ones looked up.

There, coming towards them casually, with a demonic smirk etched onto his shadowy face and one arm fallen limply by his side, was Yami Bakura.

"…But…" Yugi shot to his feet as his lip quivered, "…Yami!"

Both Joey and Bakura watched in horror as the petit duellist shot past them, avoiding Yami Bakura and running back to the house.

"YUGI! NO, COME BACK!"

But Joey's plea had fallen on deaf ears, and Yugi was now out of their sight.

"Like killing two birds with one stone," the dark snowy-haired figure sneered, "the pharaoh and pipsqueak won't last a second, and that leaves only you," he glanced at the shaking figure of his host, "I'll deal with you later,"

Joey stood in the dark yami's path, in a ready stance. 'This should be a piece of cake; looks like Yami busted his arm up good,'

"What do we have here? The mangy mutt wants to play? You're way out of your league!"

Joey sighed, 'why is it always dogs?!' before launching at the snowy demon, psyched up on his anger. "Mangy mutt?! I'll show you who the mangy mutt around here is!"

Bakura quickly brought his knees up to his chest and clutched them for dear life, frightened of the spirit and worried for Yugi, Yami and Joey's safety. He snivelled, burying his head into his knees. This was all happening because of him.

Yami Bakura stumbled back, rubbing his jaw, before widening his smirk, much to the blonde's confusion. "Is that all you've got? "

He jumped forward, sending out a fist, which Joey blocked, unfortunately, he didn't notice the knee until it gutted him, and he doubled over momentarily, just recovering in time to raise an arm to block a heel drop and knock the snowy Yami tumbling to the floor.

But Yami Bakura just sprung back up, laughing manically.

Bakura's eyes widened as he caught sight of just what his Yami was so confident…

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~

"Goddamn tomb robbing scum…" the pharaoh muttered, as he managed a leap out of the way in time to avoid the huge bug's attack. He had to think of something to do, and quickly. But what he wasn't planning on was a new arrival on the scene.

"Yami!"

Yami frowned and began to panic, "Yugi! Get out of here, now!"

Yugi yelped as the Man-Eater Bug spun round and leapt towards him ferociously.

He was cornered.

Yami leapt forward, his third eye appearing on his forehead as he vaulted over the Man-Eater Bug and landed in front of Yugi, facing his light. He then spun on his heels, and extended out an arm at the creature as his third eye's glow intensified.

"Mind crush!" the pharaoh cried, and Yugi flinched back a little from behind Yami as the creature disintegrated in front of his eyes.

After a momentary silence, Yami's eyelids fluttered shut and the extra eye disappeared, before he turned to face Yugi and looked at him, "Why did you come here when I asked you not to?"

Yugi protested, looking at his other sadly, "Because Yami Bakura was coming towards us and you weren't there; I thought you might be in trouble,"

Yami sighed, "Don't worry about it," he then glanced around, "we had better hurry back out there,"

Yugi nodded, and both hurried after the evil spirit.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~

Bakura stared in horror, knowing his yami's intentions. 'I have to do something! I can't just sit here and do nothing!' He took a deep breath. He was going to have to overcome his fear; this was no longer just about himself, his friends were in the firing line too.

He jumped to his feet and ran over, right behind Yami Bakura, and leapt onto his back, tightening his arms round his neck and choking him before the demon could get to his deck.

Joey blinked in surprise at the snowy youth's actions, but soon snapped out as Yami Bakura threw Bakura off and grasped a card in his hand.

"You're through!" Yami Bakura hissed; the Millennium Ring glowing as his monster was ready to emerge…

Bakura had pulled himself off of the floor, and in desperation, launched at his yami's arm which held the card and sank his teeth deep into it. Yami Bakura dropped the card in shock and kicked his light off of him, snarling as he caught sight of the blood that had been drawn. Bakura yelped in pain as he slammed against the hard floor, but for once, he didn't feel shattered, and rose up, helping Joey launch a kick into his gut.

Yami Bakura growled as he stumbled back, and into something.

Or rather, someone.

When he spun round, he saw Yugi's large eyes blink at him as the pharaoh's smirk grew and all five of them plunged into the dismal depths of the Shadow Realm.

Yami Bakura's eyes widened as Yami stepped forward, "Let's finish this game, shall we?"

He sent a nod in Yugi's direction, who pulled out a card in response.

"Two can play at your game here," Yami smirked, as Yugi began to summon his monster.

"I call upon you, Dark Magician!"

Yami Bakura stared in horror as the tall purple clad mage materialised from out of the card and spun to face him, penetrating him with a cold blue stare as he raised his staff.

Yami stepped forward, throwing out a hand, "Dark Magic Attack, now!"

Yugi and Bakura both turned away as a shrill cry echoed before being cut off as a blast of magic sent the snowy demon to the Graveyard.

When all the commotion died down, the mage once again turned to face his masters, and knelt to them before returning to the card. Yami walked towards Bakura, knowing there was one more thing left to do.

"The Ring. As long as you wear it, he will be able to find his way back to you, if he survived,"

Bakura blinked, and raised a slender hand to it, sliding his fingers over its cool surface. He then tightened his grip round it, and yanked it from round his neck, "what shall I do with it?" he meekly questioned.

"Throw it."

Bakura smiled as he looked at all three of his friends whom had rid him of the demon overhanging him., before stretching back his arm and lobbing the Ring off, into the never-ending darkness they were submerged in.

Yami then sighed, and with a glow of the Millennium Puzzle, all four found themselves back on the streets.

Just as they were turning round to head back indoors, a cry greeted them.

"Guys!"

Téa came running over as Tristan stood leant against a wall, his arms folded.

"What were you doing?" she questioned, eyeing them suspiciously, "Are you okay? You look kind of beaten, especially you, Bakura."

All four looked at each other and rolled their eyes. This was going to be a long night…

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~

First, his right slender hand twitched.

'…Ugh…'

Then he moved his arm back slowly, before his eyelids fluttered open revealing his small, livid, dark chocolate eyes.

'Thought…they could… rid of me… so… easily…?'

His chest moved as he inhaled sharply, forcing his battered body to a sitting position as he tried to gain perspective of the dank dreariness surrounding him.

The Graveyard.

It took his mind a moment to register it, before he understood fully.

He sighed, raising a hand to his head. At least it was peaceful here… and there was nothing to haunt him anymore…he lay back against a tombstone and stared around.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~

Bakura couldn't sleep any longer, and yawned as he pulled himself up and walked towards the window of the room in Yugi's they had all crashed at, carefully hopping over a number of sprawled bodies lying about here and there.

The sun was just rising, and its warm rays fell upon his pale face, adding a warm tint to his colour. As he stood there, staring out at the rare beauty of dawn and listening to the quiet morning sounds, it hit him.

He was free.

And there was no catch.

"Free…" he muttered as a smile spread across his face, and he turned around, trotting back to where he had come from, in such a happy mood that he stumbled over a snoring Joey on his way.

To Be Continued…