Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Age Of The Phoenix ❯ Enter Eclipse Akudo ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Shadowy: Before I start, all thoughts will be between these symbols ~, for example:

~insert something interesting~

Like that X3, and a disclaimer follow this chapter too.

Chapter One: Enter Eclipse Akudo

Eclipse Akudo's stood at the edge of the shadow that her school was casting over her. Her raven black hair was tied up in a pony tail with a white ribbon and her bangs were a deep pink colour that reached down to her chin and framed her white face. Her black eyes had flecks of silver within them and represented the complete epitome of a dark moon. The school uniform made her look more doll like than necessary, the pink outfit with the blue skirt and a blue bow around her neck was something that displeased her certain tastes. Black clothes were more her, with studded belts, spiked collars and bracelets with combat boots. Now that was her fashion choice over this any day. Silver fringed passed by over her head as the wind gently blew them along it's desired course and her eyes followed its movements. That was another thing, she wasn't a 'day' person. Nighttime was the best, it was dark and sky was often decorated with millions of twinkling stars. But this morning was unusually bright with the exception of the occasional cloud projecting a shadow over the school. Nervousness increased inside of her as well as an unwanted anticipation. Things would either be better here at Domino High for her, or a lot worse. She didn't know which one it would be, but hoping for the best, she stepped out of the shadows and into the light of the day.

She calmly fished her schedule out of her black book bag and scanned it as she slowly walked up the steps. The hallways of the school were deserted at the time, she presumed the school bell had already rung while she was daydreamer outside. She walked by the classes that were in session, checking the signs outside the classes for C-4, which was her history class. ~I guess that's better than having science first. Although that thing with the gummy bear last year was cool.~ She recalled how her science teacher set fire to it and it had shot out of the test tube and set aflame to the science buildings. Eclipse chuckled lightly at that memory still firmly intact in her mind as she continued her fruitless search.

As she turned a sharp corner in the hallway she bumped into somebody and fell down on her rear, "Ow…" she mumbled a bit dazed, "My butt hurts."

"Watch where you're going." A chilly voice scoffed icily at her.

She peered up to see a brunette boy with the iciest blue eyes she'd ever seen glaring down at her, making her feel more smaller then necessary. Eclipse got up on her feet to find that she just barely reached his chest, man did she ever feel short right now. "Sorry for being alive." she apologized sarcastically brushing past him. She hated people who thought the universe revolved around them, she loathed them.

He grunted as she went past, but she ignored it. She was on a mission…to find her class anyway…wherever that was.

After about ten more minutes of random searching she finally stopped in front of her sought location and took a deep breath. ~This is it.~ Never had she felt so shy as she twisted the door handle and opened the door quietly. She had no idea what to expect and what her new peers to be like. It was like going into a fight blind for her.

Suddenly, she felt at least twenty or so pairs of eyes upon her as she stepped into the room. The teacher whirled around from the blackboard, at first she looked like she was going to grab a machete and hack Eclipse's head off for interrupting, but a cheery (fake) smile replaced her frown when she saw how shaky Eclipse was. "Ah, you're the new student."

Eclipse nodded, "Yes." her voice was unusually quiet.

"Not need to be frightened," The teacher mused quite happily, "We won't bite your head off. Class," she rapped her knuckles with a ruler that made Eclipse cringe, "Say hello to our new student who transferred here from…"

"Greece." Eclipse finished for her.

"Hello," was the answer from the class. Although it was very half heartedly and it was dispersed all around the classroom.

"Do you have anything to say to the class Akudo?" the teacher prompted her.

"Eh?" She looked from her peers to the teacher, she blinked, "What?"

"Say hello and tell them something about yourself," the teacher pressed.

"Oh." Eclipse cleared her throat, "Well…uh…I'm from Greece and um…" she glanced sideways at the teacher, not sure of what to say. "Eh, and…rock on."

"ROCK AND ROLL LIVES ON!" A boy hollered from the back of the class, standing up in his chair. He then flashed the sign where the middle and ring finger were folded in while his thumb, index and pinky finger were extended. "Rock and roll!" It was a white haired boy with deep brown eyes with a sinister look upon his face.

A boy with blonde hair and tanned skin nudged an identical boy to the one that was currently spazzing out, but who didn't have the evil look on him, "I told you that letting him listen to Tenacious D would be a bad idea." he whispered from the corner of his mouth.

The albino pulled his yami down, "I didn't know it would affect him like this." A British accent was present in his voice as he struggled to get his yami back into his seat.

Several kids laughed at the scene before them.

"Alrighty then..." Eclipse said sweat dropping, not liking have all the students staring at her and kinda weirded out by the whole spaz fest she had just witnessed. Being the center of attention in any sort of circumstance was something she hated tirelessly. "Umm…" she said looking at the teacher, "Shouldn't I sit down, so you could you know, teach?" she asked quietly and indicating with her head to the desks.

"Oh yes. Of course." The teacher replied as though snapping out of some strange daze. "Sit wherever there's an empty seat."

The only empty seat was in the back…next to that evil looking guy who had made the outburst.

She hastily went over to the seat, avoiding eye contact with the boy and his friends.

The class preceded on, but Eclipse wasn't paying any attention. The same word rang in her mind over and over and over and over. ~Boring.~ She rested her elbows on the desk in front of her and placed her chin in her hands, yawning. Why did history have to be so boring? She blew a strand of pink hair out of her face as her eyelids began getting droopy. She didn't that much sleep the night before, and she was getting so sleepy just trying to stay awake in class.

"Akudo?" a synthetic sweet voice chimed which belonged to the teacher, "I'd appreciate it if you didn't doze off in my class."

Eclipse blinked and widened her eyes, "Oh…sorry…"

"Don't blame yourself," a cold voice said next to her, "This class is pretty much useless anyway."

The teacher raised her eyebrow at the albino yami, "If you think it's so useless then go home Bakura."

"Maybe I will." he spat back.

"Fine then!" the teacher sobbed hysterically, "I take it I'm a total failure then." She then reached down and opened a drawer in her desk and pulled out a bottle of pills and took them all quickly. Then she OD and fell over (like this X_x). Several concerned students ran to the front to see if she was alright while chaos erupted in the class.

"A 'right!" A blonde boy yelled with a New Yorker accent, "Time to go home!" He pumped his fists into the air as though he had just won some sort of victory.

Eclipse looked around, "WTF?" (her face was like this, O_O;;) She was sure this wasn't normal.

The boy next to her stood up, "Whenever she OD's we go home. It's really quite simple." He walked out of the classroom followed by his hikari who was worried about the teacher and two other identical boys, blond and tanned skin. Egyptian most likely, she figured in her head.

"So you're new?" A girl with brown hair and big blue eyes appeared next to her with a big scary smile on her face.

She nodded curtly with a worried expression, "Obviously…."

"So do you like it here so far?" she asked, her smile growing bigger every second, if that was even possible.

"Can't say for sure." Eclipse replied thoughtfully, not wanting to brush the girl off even though she really wanted to. "I've only been in Japan for a few days actually. It was kind of a last minute move for my family."

"Eclipse," the girl said, "That's an unusual name." Still resonating of absolute cheerfulness.

"I guess," Eclipse agreed shuffling her feet under the desk and placing her hands in her lap.

"My name is Tea," she chirped, "Tea Gardener." She paused for a moment then continued, "So is it exciting living in Greece?"

"It can be at times," Eclipse said.

A crowd began forming around her desk that consisted of a tricolor hair boy, the New Yorker, a boy with black spikey hair and green eyes and boy with brown hair that was shaped oddly like a shark fin in Eclipse's mind.

Tea beamed and leaned over on Eclipse's desk, "And, these are some friends of mine. Yugi, Joey, Duke and Tristan." she pointed to each one in turn as she said their names.

Eclipse tried to look pleased to met them, anyone was better talking to then Tea at this point.

"So," the one called Joey started, "Can ya tell me where Greece is?"

Everybody fell over and Eclipse gave him a 'you've got to be kidding me' look.

"You don't know?" Eclipse said looking up at him as everybody recovered.

"Well, that's why I'm takin' geography Akudo." He stated, "And failin' it too."

She arched her eyebrows, "Umm, do you know where Europe is?"

"Of course, only an idiot wouldn't know sumthun like dat." He replied as all of his friends, Eclipse included, gave him somewhat critical looks.

"Well, Greece is a country in Europe and I flew from there to here about five days ago." She said simply as though not to confuse him in any way.

He tilted his head to one side then the other, "Aren't your arms tired, then?"

"Neh?" ~Did I manage to confuse even more somehow? What the hell is he talking about?~

"Airplane, Joey." Duke said (with his eyes like this -__-"), "She took an airplane. Please ignore his idiocy, you see, this dog boy was brought up in a kennel."

Joey rolled his eyes and clenched his fist while grabbing Duke by the collar, "You askin' for a fight, pal? Cuz I'll knock your block off!"

Tristan wedged himself between the two, "Come on guys, knock it off."

Yugi dismissed the fighting going on even though t worried him for about a second, "So Eclipse, have you ever heard of a game called Duel Monsters?"

~I wonder how his hair stays up like that? Hair gel probably Heh, gravity defying hair.~

"Eclipse?" ~Can she hear me?~

"Hm? Oh!" She bowed her head a little, "Sorry, I was just thinking Yugi. What did you say?" She asked feeling a little abashed by her zoning out and hoping he didn't take it defensively.

"Have you ever heard about a game called Duel Monsters?" he repeated as Joey and Duke continue their fight with Tristan trying to play peacemaker.

"I don't think so, why?" ~Duel Monsters?~ "Is it popular over here or something?"

Tea was the one who answered, "Is it ever! I can't believe that you don't have it in Greece."

"We probably do, but I've never heard of it." Eclipse said truthfully. "What's it about?"

"It's a card game." Yugi said pulling something out of his pocket and handed her a deck of cards. "This is my deck."

Eclipse looked through the cards. It looked cartoon-ish, childish even, but she couldn't deny that she was intrigued a bit as she handed him his deck back.

"If you want I'll explain the rules to you." Yugi offered.

She considered for a moment, "Alright."

Yugi looked thrilled at the idea of sharing his gaming knowledge with her. "Good. We can go over to my Grandpa's game shop and we'll help you get started." Then his eyes went over to where Joey, Tristan and Duke were. Duke was apparently trying to shove Joey into a dog suit.

"Shouldn't we stop them?" Eclipse asked with a twinge of concern. "And what about the teacher? Will she be alright?"

"Oh don't worry, this happens to her a lot!" Tea claimed. "She'll be as good as new tomorrow morning, she always is."

Eclipse inhaled deeply then exhaled slowly, "Okay then, off to the game shop then!" She said with enthusiasm, pointing her index finger in the air, "Off we go!"

Tea and Yugi sweat dropped, "Be careful you don't poke somebody's eye with that."

*~**~ At Game Shop~**~*

"Yami!" Yugi called out, cupping his hands around his mouth, "We're here."

Another teenager with tricolor (but was quite a bit taller) hair popped out behind Eclipse scaring the living the hell out of her, "They're two of them also!" She exclaimed gasping for breathe and clutching her chest as though she just had a heart attack.

"Did you finish cleaning Yami?" Yugi asked.

"Eh Yugi," Eclipse whispered into his ear, "Why is he in a maid outfit? And how come he isn't at school or something with you."

"It's too keep him out of trouble," Yugi explained.

"Why? What happened?" Eclipse wondered.

"Let's just say somebody get a little too happy drinking some alcohol and leave it at that." Yugi said staring at Yami who was fighting off some dust bunnies in a corner of the shop with a broom.

"Take that you menaces!" He shouted a little to energetically hitting the clumps of dust with the broom with a maniacal glint in his eyes.

"Oh…" was all she managed to say. "Even I've never been that worked up over cleaning."

~**~**~

Neh, I'm sleepy…so sleepy…*falls asleep* Z_z

Tea: *poke*

Joey: *poke*

Yugi: *poke*

Bakura: *kick*

Shadowy: ~.~ I'm sleepy moron, go away.

Bakura: The night is young. *kicks again, but harder this time* Get your lazy ass up and do something productive.

Shadowy: >_<; *sigh, grumbles* Yes master…

DISCLAIMER: Bleh. I own nothing, but my own soul, but even that, I have sold to the devil so I'm really an empty shell that is a slave to manga and anime.

Yami: And don't forget to review or I'll mind crush you.

Shadowy: Yami, it's not nice to threaten the nice readers…