Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ And They Thought One Thief Was Enough ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: Hi! This is my first story so be nice! Or at least don't just flame because you have nothing better to do! I like constructive criticism though! I've been toying around with this story for a while, so please tell be what you think!
Author's Note 2: I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh or any of it's characters. I do, however, own all original characters.
 
Chapter One
Time- 10:04 am EST. Location-A Commercial Jet
`Remind me why we decided to move to Am-er-i-ca?'
Ryou Bakura sighed mentally as he watched the clouds out of the window of the
commercial jet. This was the eighth time in the past few hours that his other half had asked this question. Not only that, but the ancient spirit had refused to pronounce America smoothly, always choosing to split it up into the separate syllables.
“Because father decided to marry his co-worker and to move us all to their home.”
Ryou felt the mental equivalency of a pout.
`But I LIKED Domino.'
“No you didn't.”
`Whatever.'
The presence of the spirit diminished in his mind and Ryou knew he had gone back to sulking in the Millennium Ring. Sometimes the spirit refused to act his age. Checking his watch, Ryou gave another sigh. America was still hours away.

Time- 11:24 am EST.
Location- A 3-Bedroom, Single Story House Somewhere in the New Jersey Suburbs
A golden-haired teen paced her bedroom. Really it was a basement, but that is besides the point. Every few minutes she would glance at a small digital clock on a rather cluttered desk. She was watched by a plushy. The seemingly-lifeless doll's golden hair, shoulder length with bangs that swept downwards and back from it's face, and it's greenish-brown eyes mirrored the pacing girl's, though instead of a bright blue shirt and jeans, it was clothed in Egyptian-style skirts with a strange sort of cloak for a top. Slowly, very slowly, it turned its head to watch her pace. Finally the girl spun around and made an exasperated noise at the ceiling.
“WHAT IS TAKING SO LONG!?!”
The doll made a sighing sound and, in a very un-doll-like manner, hopped off the bed it had been sitting on. When it landed it clasped it's hands behind it's back and stood staring at it's larger version.
“You know Vessel, I don't think your modern flying metal things aren't as fast as they would seem. Be patient!”
“Ha! You're one to talk!”
The doll remained silent and, in a moment, was sitting cross-legged where it had stood and the girl had gone back to pacing. This was going to be a while.