Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Battle City variation ❯ Let the Tournament Begin! ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This fic I'm writing is a very slight variation on Battle City, where a new character, an O.C., is introduced as well. Otherwise, it's pretty much the same, give or take an event or two. I'll not be paying as much attention to Yugi and his friends, though. And Malik will be using a different alias from in the series. Well, let's go

- Black Fury, the author.

CHP.1: Let the Tournament Begin!

- "Well, then. I see that fool Joey Wheeler's lost his rarest card, and the tournament hasn't even begun yet!" a slim youth whispered, looking at a beat-up young man, with blond hair. The one concerned, a fairly skilled duelist, who had won 2nd place in Duelist Kingdom, was running as fast as he could, unaware of the shadowed figure running above him, jumping effortlessly from rooftop to rooftop.

- "Oh, Well. He's friends with Yugi Motou; he'll get it back. Meanwhile, I'd better register." And the slim young man stopped, moonlight reflecting off his glasses. He jumped, turned a corner, and disappeared into a small shop bearing the KaibaCorp logo. Seto Kaiba had decided to start a new tournament, in which you had to wager your rarest card in each duel. A special Duel Disk had been designed especially for Battle City, making Dueling Arenas obsolete. The figure entered, and removed his jacket.

- "Hello, I'd like to register for Battle City.

- Hmm, let's see…hmmm. I'm afraid that isn't possible, you're not in my database. I'll see if…" the clerk picked up the phone, and made a call. "Sir, I'd like to ask…yes. This duelist wants to register, he's not in our database. I'll ask…" covering the mouthpiece, he said "What cards do you have, rare ones?

- Here's a list. Take your pick.

- "My god…" his eyes widened, as a strange glazed look came into his eyes. He spoke very rapidly, naming off some of the rarest on the phone. Then he said "Very well, sir, I will.

- So…?

- Give me a second, I'll enter you in. hmmm. Name?

- Abd-al-Malik." The guy blinked, confused at what he heard. The kid smiled, under the hood.

- Will. Will Pearson." The kid lowered the hood on his sweater. He was pale, but he had a weather-beaten face, like a sailor, and dark brown eyes exactly the color of his hair. The clerk typed away furiously, still looking puzzled. And then said:

- "Congratulations. You're now officially registered for Battle City. Here's your Duel Disk.

- Thanks." The kid put his sweater hood back up, recovered his jacket, and left. The clerk chuckled. A masterful hack-job, just like with the others "not in his database". His employers would be pleased…

A Duel was underway. Battle City had just begun, and already the throngs of Duelists were getting started. Weevil and Rex, as usual, picked on the weaker, less experienced duelists. Mai had disappeared, and Mako could be seen headed towards Domino City's Aquarium and Water Park. Meanwhile, in the plaza, Yugi Motou was dueling a tall, slim guy, who looked as though he was stoned on every existing illegal drug. The idiot had just set Exodia The Forbidden One on the field, and a Lightforce Sword was active on Yugi's field. Chaining the summon with Chain Destruction, he then destroyed the Monster, and attacking, took his opponent's LifePoints to zero. A kid was watching. He wore glasses, and had brown hair. Rifling through the deck, he took a card, and ripped some others to pieces. Will Pearson slipped away.

He knew the loser as the Rare Hunter who called himself Hunter. Obsessed with rare cards, he always rambled about the thrill of the hunt, and only ever dueled an opponent once. He wore special lenses, and his cards were marked, so that he always knew which he'd draw next. Now that he was defeated, he probably would never hunt again. His master was merciless, and did not tolerate failure.

- "Not for nothing are they known, in Arabic, as Abd-Al-Malik. Servants of The King. They fail, they're history." He walked out, seeing his opponent, and challenged him.

- "Hey, kid!

- Yeah? Lookin' for a fight?" idiot.

- "For a duel, actually. I'll wager my rarest card, Tyrant Dragon, in a duel against you, for your Ring of Destruction." Mildly surprised, he accepted. The challenger introduced himself as Alex Ross.

- "Let's Duel!"

AR: 4000 WP: 4000

- "I'll start," Alex said. "By setting 1 card face-down, and a monster in Defense Mode. End turn.

- I set three cards, and Optiklops in attack mode (atk:1800). End turn.

- I flip Witch of the Black Forest, and sacrifice it for Judge-Man (atk: 2200).

- Chain with Gravity Bind.

- Shit. Set 1 card, and from my witch's effect, I choose 1 monster: Jinzo. Your turn.

- Set 1 card facedown, and a monster in Defense Mode. Your turn.

- Set 1 monster, your turn.

- Sacrifice my facedown Sinister Serpent, for a monster, which I set. Activate Mask of Restrict. You're up.

- Damn. Set 1 monster and 1 card facedown, your turn.

- Sinister Serpent returns to my hand. I set 1 card. Your turn.

- Summon Jinzo #7, equip with Black Pendant, and attack. (WP: 7000)

- Set 1 card facedown. Flip Witch of the Black Forest, equip her with Axe of Despair. Attack Jinzo #7.

- Chain with Ring of Destruction! (WP: 4900 AR: 6900)

- Damn. Now what?"

DISCLAIMER: Kazuki Takahashi owns YGO, and he is probably plenty rich enough to sue the crap outta me.

AN: Yes, the character Will Pearson is based on me. No I don't have a Tyrant Dragon. I do, however have a Ring of Destruction, Magic Cylinder, and many other rares… ;)

AN: Abd-Al-Malik means "Servant of the King".

Malik DOES mean "King" in Arabic.