Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Battle City variation ❯ strange encounters ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Note: This chapter is told almost entirely from 1st person POV.

CHP.5: Strange encounters

I slowly walked up to the museum, to rendezvous with the sender of the mysterious letter. Looking around, I saw the same tall muscular guy I'd seen yesterday afternoon. It was 9:40 PM. I was late, and so was the one I was supposed to meet. Looking back, I was able to inspect the guy at my leisure. He wore the dark garb of a Rare Hunter, and looked about 6'8", more or less. Though it was night, and his face was in shadows, I could see his hands, which were large and deeply tanned. Then, hidden in the shadows behind his massive friend, was another Rare Hunter. Rather than a cloak, that one wore a dark robe, and he had his arms crossed. He was not as tall, about 6'1" or so, and slim. I could see nothing else about him. I heard a noise, and the museum door opened. I turned back again, and both my watchers had gone, and the roar of a powerful motorbike interrupted the silence of night.

- "You. Come in. Leave the vest and sunglasses here. The cane?" I had with me a long, red and silver cane, loaned me by a friend, who was blind. (AN: ref. To a movie, here…)

- Mine. I needed a pretext for walking around, at night, with sunglasses.

- Ingenious." My interlocutor was a small, wide little man, in an expensive-looking suit. He didn't have a necktie, but he seemed uptight, nervous. He had very little hair, though what he had was a dark gray color, which had once been black. "Follow me.

- So where are we going?

- You'll see." He kept referring to a crudely drawn map. He led us to the new exhibit, then through a door, which was opened. The lock had recently been replaced, I could tell.

- "Hold on, lemme guess. You guys forced the lock, and replaced it with an identical one, right?

- Yeah, why?

- I return the question.

- We needed to get in. We're here.

- Holy Shit! That looks like Yugi!" I stared at a tablet, in the center of the room. It displayed a man in robes, with a headband, and spiked hair. Opposite him, was a taller man, with a headdress and staff. Above them, respectively, were a Dark Magician, and a Blue-Eyes White Dragon. Then, looking around, I saw, centered around a crude rendering of an upside-down pyramid, emblazoned with the Eye of Horus, three Monsters: A Dragon which had something of a Hyozanryu, another, with an eagle-like head, and a gargoyle-like one which vaguely reminded me of a Summoned Skull. "What the hell are those?

- They are the Egyptian Gods." Spoke the same tall, muscular guy from before. Up close, I could see he had strange, amber eyes, and even stranger symbols carved all over the right side of his face. "They are the three most powerful creatures in Existence. The Sky Dragon God, the Winged Sun God, and the Dark Divine warrior.

- And you are?

- My name is Rashid. I serve Master Malik.

- Malik Ishtar?

- The very same." Said the fat guy in the suit. His voice had a weird resonance to it now, and (AN: Drumroll, please.) his eyes had glazed over, and the Eye glowed on his forehead.

- "How the hell do you do that?

- You said you would be willing to get me what I want, the Millennium Puzzle.

- Yeah.

- Very well. Help me get it and the God Cards, and I will let you keep one.

- Wow. No bullshit?" Rashid advanced suddenly.

- "Ok, Ok. I'm gone. You'll get your God Cards soon enough.

- Very well. I am on my way here as we speak. You are to acquire them before I get to Battle City. My Rare Hunters are everywhere. I will know.

- Right, you creep me out, man. I'll get your God Cards. And I get my pick of which I keep? Ok, then, we have a deal. Seeya." Rashid was blocking the door. "What now?"

Without a word, he handed me a package. Then, he slid noiselessly away, and disappeared through a back door. I walked out, picked up the vest, shades, and cane, and walked out.

As I arrived home, I opened the package. Inside was a dark purple cloak, a dark green shirt, a fairly thick belt, and navy blue pants. As I tried them on, I noticed that there were in fact two of each. As I thought about it, I realized that Malik had been lying…

-------------------- Yuna's POV--------------------

- Hey, Yuna!" I turned around, and I saw Yugi, Joey, Tristan and Tea.

- Hey guys! Have you seen Will?

- We were just about to ask you the same question. Hey, you entered Battle City after all?" they asked as they noticed I wore a Duel Disk.

- Yeah, just after I met you guys. I asked at the Registration place, and they let me in. They charged me extra, though. Late Registration fee.

- Oh, ok. So, you haven't seen Will?

- No, not since the other day. I'm really worried." Will had told me, a few days ago, that he had been going to see someone, late that night. He'd not said who or where. Of course, I kept this to myself, he'd said it was a secret.

- "Ok. We'll try to find him. Do you have a cell phone?

- Yeah, do you?

- I do. We'll call you, ok?

- Ok, here's my number. If I find him, I'll call you, okay?

- Ok. Here's my number, too." We all split up. No sooner had they disappeared that I saw, in a corner, someone in dark clothing, with a violet cloak. His hood was down, so I recognized Will immediately. I walked over, and slipped into the alley.

- "Where have you been? What's this? I asked, indicating his clothing. Then, I saw the golden clasp, on the cloak. An equilateral triangle, with an eye on it.

- "This is the garb of a Rare Hunter. I saw him the other night.

- Malik Ishtar?

- Well, not him personally, but…here." He showed me a small package. Inside, was a clever reproduction of a Blue-Eyes White Dragon. It was a copy of the "Second print" (AN: the LOB-series Blue-Eyes), which had only just been printed by Industrial Illusions. The exact number of them was unknown. Then, I saw there were two. He gave me one, and told me to meet him at his house, that night. I slipped it in my pocket, and walked out, puzzled.

DISCLAIMER: I AM GETTING SO SICK OF WRITING THIS. I do not own YGO, or FFX-2, or any other anime. Wish I did, tho…