Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Be Careful What You Wish For ❯ Revenge and New Feelings ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5

Revenge and New Feelings

Kaiba awoke the next day looking for revenge; his first thought was to go and literally kill Yami and Bakura. Kaiba headed out the door and over to the game shop to find Yami and Bakura when he saw Krista outside and flying two feet in the air. Since her back was turned to him, she didn't see him approach her and he grabbed her around the waist and pulled her down while covering her mouth with his hand. Krista struggled and fought to escape. Kaiba turned her around and removed his hand only to kiss her to prevent her from screaming for help. Krista continued to fight until she contacted Bakura for the first time mentally.

'Bakura, Kaiba's kissing me and he's not letting me escape.'

Bakura in hearing this thought back

< 'He's what?!!!'> < 'I'll kill him!!'>

Bakura rushed out of the game shop and punched Kaiba in the jaw, forcing him to release Krista. Unfortunately, Krista fell to the ground and landed on her left wing causing severe pain. Bakura and Kaiba fought for a long time before Kaiba lost and went home in a rage to figure out how to get Krista back. Bakura leaned down and offered his hand to help Krista up in which she accepted and got up wincing as she moved her wing a little bit.

"What's wrong?" Bakura asked.

"I landed on my left wing when I fell." Krista answered. "It's a little sore." She continued.

"Let's go inside and we'll get that bandaged up." Bakura advised.

"No! I can fly just fine!" Krista said, stronger than she had intended.

Krista tried to fly and only got five feet into the air before falling and being caught by Bakura.

"You can still fly huh?" Bakura said with a smirk.

"Well, maybe not, but I can still walk, put me down!" Krista said wriggling free of his grasp.

They went back into the game shop to be confronted by Yami, Yugi, and Ryou. Bakura explained what had happened and Yami took Krista into the guest room. He went into the bathroom and brought the first aid kit; he started to bandage Krista's wing.

Krista was able to fly again in a couple of days and she didn't hesitate to go out and fly around the city. Kaiba saw her in the air and she landed not far from him.

"Kaiba! What the hell were you thinking two days ago?!" Krista yelled.

"Like I said, I think I'm falling in love with you." Kaiba answered.

Krista blushed bright red and stepped closer to him as he stepped back; she got close enough to kiss him on the cheek and then as he stared at her in shock, she flew off smiling to herself.

'Does she like me, or was I dreaming just now?' Seto thought to himself smiling.

Krista returned to the game shop to find everyone in the living room and Bakura noticed that she seemed unusually happy.

"Krista, what are you so happy about?" he questioned

"Oh, nothing." Krista said with a sigh as she sat on the couch.

Bakura looked at her suspiciously, knowing she was lying.

"Don't look at me that way tomb robber!" Krista said defensively as she snapped out of her daze.

"Why shouldn't I? You seem happier than usual, and that could be a bad thing considering you just got back from flying around the city." Bakura said with his eyes narrowed.

Krista blushed before she snapped,

"So what if I'm happy, I have a right to be happy!"

Yami, in wanting to break the argument between Bakura and Krista said in a teasing manner,

"You know, she does look like she is in love with someone."

Krista blushed even brighter thinking,

'Damn, I've been found out!'

Yami decided to peer into her mind so that he could find out her little secret and was surprised to discover that Kaiba was in love with her and SHE KISSED HIM!!!

After discovering that she kissed Kaiba, Yami fell over getting everyone's attention.

"Yami, are you okay?" Yugi asked.

"I'm fine Yugi." Yami replied getting up.

Bakura knew something was up and dragged Yami into the kitchen to question him.

"What the hell was that pharaoh?!" Bakura yelled.

"Give me one good reason to tell you." Yami said sarcastically.

"Because I will cause you serious pain if you don't!" Bakura snapped.

"Bakura, that might scare a mortal, but it doesn't scare me." Yami said coolly.

"Just tell me already!" Bakura yelled impatiently.

"I looked into Krista's mind." Yami said, giving in.

"And…?" Bakura urged him.

"Kaiba loves her and SHE KISSED HIM!" Yami said in a surprised tone.

"SHE WHAT?!!" Bakura shouted. "I'll kill her!" He continued as he tried to leave the kitchen.

Yami grabbed Bakura's arm and dragged him back saying,

"No, what if she loves him back? Even if he is our mortal enemy, we can't kill Krista or him for the simple fact that they may be in love."

Bakura growled before he said,

"Fine." In a pouting tone.

Just then, they heard a knock on the kitchen door and Yugi asked,

"Are you two alright in there?"

Bakura and Yami looked at the door and said at the same time,

"Yeah, we're fine."

"Well, okay then, you want to come out so we can talk some more with Krista?" Yugi asked.

"We'll be right out." Yami said, before giving Bakura a warning look and dragging him out of the kitchen with him to join the others.

They entered the living room to hear Yugi say,

"What do you mean you want to go home?!"

"I'm sure that my mother is worried about me and I need to let her know that I'm ok." Krista replied calmly.

"What about us? And You're wings; you obviously can't hide them." Yugi continued shocked and starting to go hysterical.

"Yugi, calm down." Yami said, trying to comfort him.

"I know I haven't mastered concealing them within my back yet, but I still have time to learn." Krista said sadly as she thought of leaving her friends.

Krista then left and went to her room.

'I'm sorry guys, but I can't stay, I'm nothing but trouble.'

Krista thought after she closed the door and sat on her bed.

Meanwhile, in the living room.

<<We've got to find a way to keep her here. >> Bakura thought to Ryou.

<Yami! Why would you want to keep her here?! Unless…> Ryou thought back, getting the idea that his Yami liked Krista.

<<Uh, I just uh, don't want Kaiba to be upset. >> Bakura stuttered out.

<Why would you care if Kaiba would be upset?!> Ryou asked surprised.

<<Damn! Slipped. >> Bakura thought before continuing. <<Kaiba is in love with Krista. >>

<What?!!> Ryou thought, stunned.

<<And I think Krista is in love with him too. >> Bakura continued sadly.

Ryou was speechless. Then he thought,

<You really care for her, don't you? >

Bakura was shocked at first and then he replied,

<<Yes. >>

Ryou smiled and gave his Yami a reassuring pat on the back before heading up the stairs to where Yami and Yugi had retreated moments before. Bakura followed after looking at the door to Krista's room. Later that night, Krista walked out of her room and worked on pulling her wings back into her body. She quickly realized that it wasn't that hard if she concentrated her mind and relaxed her back muscles. Krista then walked back into her room and went to bed.