Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Betrayel of a different kind ❯ Reason ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Authors POV

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

Sprinket: You know what….. I just realized something…..

 

Bakura: What…. You can't write?

 

Sprinket: NO…… I said that Yugi and Jou have the same power in the last chappie it was meant to be that Yugi can sense and Jou can see…. SORRY!

 

Yugi: Wow…. You spelt my name right

 

Sprinket: Yeah well….. I got a lot of people telling me that so I thought "Why not"

 

Seto: You do know that you haven't updated in ages so the people who reviewed and said they liked it are probably not coming back….

 

Sprinket: Yeah I know T_T but its worth a try……

 

Normal POV

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Bakura I have something to tell you…"

 

"Ryou, look out behind you!" Bakura yelled he pushed him out of the way as a dagger came flying out of no where, it made a loud clang as it hit the stone wall behind them and dropped to concrete floor.

 

His eyes scanned the area to see who had thrown it. A movement to his right caught his eye, quickly he whirled around. A loud thud echoed around the street as he got thrown against the brick wall next to the apposing dagger.

 

"Basterd…." He muttered under his breath.

 

"Bakura!" Ryou started to run forward but before he even got close he was violently pushed into a tree trunk on the other side

 

"Leave him alone you basterd!" The silver haired hunter spat, he leaned against the brick wall, for support, and started to stand up.

 

"Bakura….. You should know better than to speak to an old friend like that."

 

Bakura looked up for the owner of the voice and met two stone cold eyes of a vampire leader.

 

Bakura's POV

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

"Vash!"

 

"I see you remember me... I don't blame you if you don't… The last time we met was so very long ago."

 

"Don't hurt him" I heard Ryou yell...

 

`He has to get out of here…. I will not let someone get hurt again because of me'

 

"Ryou run! Don't worry about me just get your self out of here" I yelled back, I could feel the hatred building up inside of me as I stood up.

 

"Same predictable Bakura… I see you've not changed in 200 years, pity"

 

"I see you haven't either… You're still the same basterd I left behind 200 years ago." Bakura smirked as a snarl crossed Vash's face. In a flash the vampire had both of his swords out, held against his chest.

 

"Let's finish what we started... Traitor"

 

Ryou's POV

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I couldn't really hear what they were saying. My head was killing me. I felt some thing trickling down the side of my head. I could taste the distinct tang of fresh blood on my lips. I tried to sit up and I slowly opened one eye


"Let's finish what we started... Traitor!"

 

My head snapped up, pain shot through me, nausea swept over my body

 

'My stomach.....it.....hurts so much…'

The pain was unbearable but I kept my eyes open just a little. Bakura was standing there with the creature holding a sword to his heart.

 

I tried to call out to him but nothing came out. I watched in despair as the vampire slowly cut into Bakura's chest.

 

 

 

Else Where

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

Yami sped down the highway; the dim streetlights glistened brilliantly over the brilliant silver of the Porsche. A quick sideways glance told him that the teen next to him was quite edgy about this current situation.

 

"So, how long have you been in Domino?" Yami asked.

 

Yugi turned to look at him with a look of confusion on his face but Yami just smiled.

 

"Well… my grandpa and I moved here when I was 10. He thought they wouldn't follow us here… you know the vampires… but as you can see it only got worse" he said quietly looking down at his hands.

 

"It's not all bad though, I mean if I hadn't come here I never would have met Ryou and Jou. Next to my grandpa their the closest thing I have to family." He gave a small sigh and looked out the window, the pale moonlight lit up his delicate complexion.

 

"If only those vampires would leave us alone. I hate them so much." His voice hardened and Yami saw his fists visibly clench up.

 

"Tell me little Yugi why do you hate them so much? Doesn't u find it even slightly unfair to condemn all vampires on the bases of meeting but a few?"

 

"When you've met one you've met them all." Yugi spat. Yami slowly pulled to the side of the road, sighing he turned to look at Yuuji but Yuuji refused to take his eyes off the window.

 

"Have you ever talked to or gotten to know one before? Given them even the smallest chance to redeem themselves."

 

 

"I don't have to talk or get to know those disgusting creatures; they are the sole reason why I have to hide all the time. Why I can't be like anyone else. They feed off the living just because they can't stand being dead. They don't know the meaning of love or forgiveness. They show no compassion when peeling the flesh off their victim's bodies, instead they indulge on peoples fear and pain they carry out each day with the same motive… To kill."

 

"Little Yugi whilst what you say about them maybe true for some is not true for all. Some of these creatures of the night are victims of the vile creatures before them. They did not choose to live this way it just happened."

 

"Then they should let us put them out of their misery" An uneasy silence filled the air. Yami's face contorted with frustration as he tried to think of a way to convince Yugi

 

"Why do you defend them….?" Yugi asked suddenly

 

"What?"

 

Yugi turned to look at Yami with an unusual blankness written on his face.

 

"Why do you defend them? You are a hunter… It's your job to kill and slaughter them you should despise them, hate them but instead you chose to defend them! Why?" Yami gave a small chuckle and took his hands into his own.

 

"I won't lie to you, I was like you once I hated vampires and everything to do with them but then one night something happened and it made me realize the truth behind the lies."

 

"What happened" Yugi asked quietly turning slightly red since Yami was still holding his hand.

 

"That I will tell you some other night." With that he pulled back onto the street and sped down the highway.

 

"So little Yugi tell me a bit more about you and your friends. I'm curious to know bout these powers you hold" Yami said attempting to change the subject.

 

"Well I don't everything about them but my grandpa has told me things but I'm sure just stories….." he replied hesitantly

"Well we have a long way to go so go ahead, I'm curious to know what these stories are."

 

"Well, Grandpa told me stories of a time where people didn't have to live in fear, I wouldn't say it was perfect but it was certainly worth living in. This was because the gods watched over us and made sure no harm would bestow upon anyone, they came willingly when called upon to fight off the creatures of darkness and so we all lived quite peaceful lives with little or nothing to worry about.

 

However this was all cut short as we humans started to take advantage of this situation and started to call them on the Gods for the smallest things and got them to do things that we ourselves were just too lazy to do and curse the gods if things didn't go our way and eventually drove them away. At first nothing seemed any different but then slowly the creatures of darkness started to come out, the leader of this mass of the undead was and still is Rashid the most feared being to ever walk on this earth and the terror he unleashed is unspeakable."

 

"So what happened?"

 

"The God Ra felt pity on us as he watched the destruction of humanity from above, so he blessed us with three gifts that would either help redeem the human race but if it was to fall into Rashid's hands it would destroy us. These three gifts were to lie dormant inside human vessels until the time was right. The gift of sense was given to my ancestor who passed it down to his son who then gave it to his son and eventually me."

 

Yugi sensed worry in Yami and reassured him that it was probably merely a story, but he then noticed that the worry wasn't from what he said but rather for what was in front of them.

 

"Vash" Yami sneered and slammed his foot down on the brake.

 

Authors POV

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

Sprinket: Well that's it….

 

Bakura: That didn't help with the storyline one bit

 

Sprinket: Yeah…. I gave all that background information

 

Seto: No you were just stalling

 

Sprinket: Yeah well I'm half way through the next one so you'll see how valuable it is!!!