Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Bound ❯ From the Shadows ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I own nothing!!!!! Esp. not Yugioh….*sigh*

Warnings: hmmm….violence, some blood, sharp knife-like objects, boyxboy luvin'

Summary: AU-Marik's after the millennium items, Yugi's destined to stop him, but what he doesn't know is that one of his friends is actually working for Marik. Now I'm sure your all thinking-how's it an AU? Well u'll just have to read to find out…

~Bound~

Fire. Pain. Burn. Scream. Searing flesh. Bruise. Cut. Glint. Metal. SCREAM!!!!

Brown eyes flew open, panting gasps emitted from their owner. Sweat coated their forehead, a hand reaching up to run hands through pale hair. The sheet felt cool and comforting in comparison to their body. Slowly the boy got his breathing under control, panting gasps turning to shallow breaths.

"You always were a wimp when it came to nightmares" the voice came quietly yet powerfully from the shadows

"Bakura" brown eyes met darker crueler brown. A soft chuckle followed from the shadows as the figure sat on the bed.

"Nice to see you still remember me" a weight pressed down on the bed in the dark

"Huh, how could I forget you, it's only been a year" even though it wasn't visible the figure in the bed could tell his companion was smirking.

"Yes, you were one of my more difficult students, hanging onto your damn morals" he spit out the last word as if it were poison

"What do you want Bakura?" he wasn't in the mood for the white haired boy's crap. The other boy leaned backwards onto the bed stretching lazily.

"Marik wants to know what's taking so long." He rolled over "Honestly you should be done by now, just kill the Puzzlebearer and be done with it"

"Did it ever occur to you that I don't know who the Puzzlebearer is?" the boy in bed seethed "that's why they call it going undercover Bakura." The white haired boy yawned tiredly

"So kill everyone in the school, you know one of them is the Puzzlebearer" he couldn't understand why his charge insisted on finding one person when he could just as easily kill them all. Lighter brown eyes narrowed.

"You know I can't do that" it was barely above a whisper but Bakura caught it. He snorted.

"Don't tell me you're still clinging to those damn morals, I thought I taught you better than that" this earned a snort from the boy in the bed

"You mean manipulated me better" he muttered. Bakura arched one of his pale eyebrows, what the hell was going on with his pupil tonight.

"What do you mean by that?" another snort

"What does it sound like?" this was really starting to piss Bakura off. Angrily he sat up and straddled the other boy, pinning both his wrists when he tried to hit him.

"What the hell is the matter with you?" he demanded glaring down at the other boy whose face was tilted to the side. The other boy grit his teeth and spat back an answer.

"Nothing!" growling Bakura placed both wrists in one hand, fisting a fair amount of the other's hair he pulled him up to look at him. Once their eyes met Bakura had to bite back a gasp. While the other's boys eyes were normally cold and deadly now there was a fire flickering in them that Bakura hadn't seen directed at him in many years-defiance. While he and Marik had never actually broken the boy, just reshaped him into something much more useful, Bakura had never thought he'd see that fire directed at him again. The boy only displayed such fierce fire when someone he was loyal too was threatened and thus far he had been fiercely loyal to Marik. Growling he dropped the boy's head back onto his pillow. If the boy's loyalties were wavering he and Marik were going to have a bit of a problem on their hands.

The other teen took this opportunity to wiggle one hand free; pulling back he aimed a punch at the white haired boy sitting on top of him only to have it caught midair.

"That wasn't very smart" the teen on top of him remarked dryly as he pinned the hand back onto the mattress, squeezing both wrists sharply. The other teen just glared at him. Bakura's eyes narrowed; this could be more than a bit of a problem. Pulling back he roughly backhanded the other boy sending him into unconsciousness. Climbing off he walked to the window, opened it and jumped out. He and Marik needed to talk.

*******************************************

Marik sat at his desk, violet eyes intent on the ancient documents below him. He barely glanced up when he heard the door open; he was so close to finding the final piece that would give him ultimate power. He did however glance up in annoyance when he saw a dagger protruding from the line he had just finished.

"Bakura, what are you doing?" the white haired thief made himself comfortable on Marik's desk

"Your golden boy is switching sides" Marik raised an eyebrow in amusement.

"Really?" Bakura growled low in his throat

"His loyalty to you is wavering, you need to do something about it" Marik still looked on in amusement, his golden boy would never switch sides, what was Bakura so worried about.

"Alright, if his loyalty is wavering, which I doubt; what do you suggest I do about it?" Bakura ran a hand through his pale white hair.

"I don't know…send the peacock"

*****************************************

"It has begun" a woman's voice spoke, lost in a golden glow

"The Golden Warrior is questioning" a man's deeper voice accompanied her

"It will be a difficult choice"

"The Shadows have his soul…"

"But the Light has his heart…"

"Will it be enough?"

"That remains to be seen, but it is certain whoever posses the Golden Warrior shall be victorious."

"Should the Light posses him?"

"The crises will be averted and the shadows driven back"

"And should the Shadows?"

"The light will be extinguished and the world lost"

"It all rests with the Golden Warrior then?"

"Yes"

"Then let us hope that the Light can find his heart, before the Shadows consume his soul"

ok 2nd chapter done! Um, my schedule is becoming really crowded and I'm not sure if anyone is actually reading this-so I'm gonna have to be mean and say no chapter 3 till I get 5 reviews…sorry. Another thing, I'll give you a present (nothing big) if you can tell me A) who Bakura and Marik are sending and/or B) who the two people at the end are…I think I left you guys some clues and I'm pretty sure you've figured out who's workings for Marik^_^ Anyway, I'll post next chapter soon, depends how many people want me to continue…later-*Ice*