Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Can You Keep A Secret? ❯ Red Light - Stop ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Can You Keep A Secret?
By Starsaa DeLecroix

Chapter 2: Fire and Ice
Seto opened his eyes slowly. He always did lately. They’d flutter open as delicately as a child’s, and then he’d sigh. He wanted so badly to have Atemu still be laying there with him, but he knew that day would never come. He knew they would never be anything but secret lovers, because no matter how strong their love for one another was, they cared too much about the other’s opinions to just openly be together. Without rising, he reached for the vase. He felt the tips of the roses gently until he found the one whose petals were still soft, and he gripped it by the stem and removed it from the jar. He took it to his face and inhaled its aroma, closing his eyes and imagining Atemu as he did so. With another sigh, he sat up and placed the vase back in the–

“You made a typo.”
Atemu jumped again. “Aibou, you have got to stop doing that.”
Yuugi grinned. “Come on, we’re gonna be late for school.”

“So why are you only at that point in the story?” Yuugi asked as he and Atemu left Kame and headed towards Domino High.
“Hm?” Atemu had been off in his own little world.
“Your story,” Yuugi said, “Seto’s only waking up. Were you up all night perfecting that scene? Or did you actually sleep?”
“Actually,” Atemu smiled, “I left.”
“You what?!”
“Yeah, I went for a walk. I’ve been doing it quite often lately, honestly, I’m surprised you haven’t noticed. Walking at night inspires me and I wanted to be in the right mood before I finished the scene.”
“I’ll wake up occasionally and see that you aren’t there,” Yuugi admitted, “But I always assumed you just went to get a midnight snack or something.”
“Incase you haven’t noticed, I don’t eat much.”
“I have noticed, hence why I thought perhaps you eat at night..”
“Makes sense, I suppose,” Atemu shrugged, “However, on my walks I don’t usually go far, but last night I zoned off and when I came to I found myself at his door.”
“Seto’s?”
“Yes...”
& #8220;Did you...” Yuugi laughed softly, “No, you wouldn’t have returned home in one piece if you’d done anything, I suppose.”
“Way to have confidence in me,” Atemu rolled his eyes. “Jounouchi’s approaching us now, I prefer we end his conversation.”
“You should know better than that,” Yuugi smiled. Atemu smiled back, then the two of them stopped at Jounouchi’s call and waited for him to catch up.

“Atemu, where are you going?” Jounouchi asked. “School’s this way, remember?”
“Huh?”Atemu had zoned out again and walked past one of the crosswalks they had to use. Yuugi smiled sadly, sure that their beloved pharaoh had been on his way to the Kaiba mansion again. Atemu sighed. “Sorry, Jounouchi. I didn’t get any sleep last night so I keep zoning out today.”
“S’ok,” Jounouchi grinned, “We’ve all been there.”
“Some of us more than others,” Yuugi teased. Atemu laughed softly and crossed the street with his friends.
Well, he tried.
No sooner did Yuugi and Jounouchi make it to the other side than they spun around in response to the loud screeching of tires. As Atemu had fallen a few steps behind, the boys’ natural reaction was to call out to him. Luckily, Atemu had jumped away from the crosswalk enough so that, while the vehicle had stopped on the yellow paint, it had near-missed the pharaoh. What made the situation worse, however, was that the vehicle was none other than one of Seto Kaiba’s small, white, limousine-like cars. In truth, all three of them were surprised that Seto hadn’t commanded his driver to run over the supposed teenager. Atemu tried hard not to blush, and quickly ran to Yuugi’s side. They didn’t know whether to expect Seto to get out, but he didn’t. The car slowly started up again and continued on it’s way. What the boys didn’t know was that the entire incident has quite tickled the rich teen’s amusement. They couldn’t see him staring at Atemu the entire time, because the tinted windows were those that could not be seen in to from the outside, but could be seen out of from the inside.
Atemu sighed and the boys continued on their way.













< br>