Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Castle in the Sky ❯ Castle in the Sky ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Okay this is a songfic people- " The song is Castles in the Sky" By: Ian Van Dahl

I do not own Yugi or anything related to him.

Read and Review please……..

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

Do you ever question your life?

Do you ever wonder why?

Why me, why was I the one chosen to be the reincarnation of Yami. I know that he noticed that I have not been eating much lately; well not lately for the past months I have not been eating much, just a few bites a day. However, the past few weeks I have not been eating a bite each day. I have just been depressed, feeling lonelier, I knew that I should not keep blocking my feelings from Yami, but if I stop blocking them from him, he will immediately start treating me like a child again. I am I just a vessel for him to save the world. Should he be the people cheer on, instead of me? I held the puzzle in my hands like it was an infant or more specifically ancient vase. I was getting ready for bed, now a days Yami was more often the one that was with our friends.


Do you ever see in your dreams,

all the castles in the sky..

I was in bed soon enough, knowing that my Yami will not be home until late. I nodded of into my deep slumber and my dreams came again. The dreams of the castle, where I am in a ridge overlooking the castle with its gleaming white walls. My cloak swaying in rhythm with the wind, my skin prickled from the cold. My armor felt light this time; it usually felt heavy and weighted me down.


Oh tell me why...

do we build castles in the sky...

oh tell me why...

are the castles way up high...

I looked down for the first time and saw that I was standing on a cloud, a perfect silver lining cloud, going in slow motion over to the castle of gleaming white walls. The cloud was over a brightly lit city that nearly blinded me. I guessed that I was a few hundred in the air. I smirked, unfolded my arms, and dropped them to my side. My right arm bumped something, I felt around the object and perceived that my hand could fit on it. I clasped my fist around the rough cylinder and tugged hard. I pulled the weapon out and stared at it, a sword, and I raised the shining blade of steel high above my head where it gleamed from the moonlight. The blade reflected the lights from the city on its steel blade, making it gleam even more.


Please tell me why...

do we build castles in the sky...

oh tell me why...

are the castles way up high..

I smiled as I felt some sort of power radiate inside me and than outshine my aura, making a visible to the mortal eye aura of purple. I sheathed the steel blade as I neared the gleaming white castle, wondering where its height ended. The white washed stone gleamed brighter, almost making me blind. I walked up to the bronze doors, which were exquisitely engraved with signs that seemed to tell a story. There was one symbol that I recognized, the Eye of Horus.


Do ever question your life?

Do you ever wonder why?

The doors opened at my footstep ten feet from them. I entered the castle of the white washed stone and proceeded down the gleaming halls, my footfalls echoing in the corridors.

" WHY?????" A voice screamed through the corridors.

" WHY?????" It screamed again.

" WHY?????, YUGI MOTOU WHY?????" It knew my name but how and it was coming closer, it was screaming with rage and sadness in its voice at once. I stopped my march down the hall because of the uncanny thing and glanced back at the doors through which I came. They were closed. I unsheathed my sword and held it poised for the person that was coming.


Do you ever see in your dreams...

all the castles in the sky..

I continued my march and strode on, the blade in front of me always, prepared to strike. I turned around when I heard someone crying calling out my name. It could not be, Yami, was Yami crying? Why was Yami crying? I began to run, I sprinted when the crying increased, and I panted and felt the pain of the sprinting take affect.

Oh tell me why...

do we build castles in the sky...

oh tell me why...

are the castle way up high..

I ran hard out trying to find my Yami.

" YAMI….." I screamed. I began to run back to the direction towards the exit of the dreadful castle of where my Yami was hiding in. I wanted to wake up and hug my Yami until I could hug him no more. I smiled broadly, because the doors were slowly opening. I kept running not caring if I rammed into the bronze doors. Than they suddenly stopped and began to close, cutting me off from Yami. I sprinted harder and I felt my legs begin to weaken knowing that I might not make it out of here and see my Yami. I stared at my sword than sheathed it in its scabbard.


Please tell me why...

do we build castles in the sky...

oh tell me why...

are the castles way up high...

I sprinted harder; each heart beat a pain, and each plant of my foot a jolt of pain but that only made me go faster. I leaped through the doors, and was lucky that only a part of my cloak ripped. I heard the crying above and I stared up into the face of my Yami. My Yami was crying, I looked over and I saw my grandfather crying, Tea, Joey, Tristan, and Serenity were crying, mourning the death of someone.

" It is my fault that Yugi is dead, I noticed that he was not eating much, I should have started to force him during these past few weeks. If I had not that it was just a fluke I would have forced him and he would still be with us." I heard my Yami say. Than I heard a bang as two fists hit the edge of something.

" NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" I could not be dead. I am not dead. Than I felt the oddest thing happen to my shoulders, I felt them, expanding, than with a loud POP I turned my head and looked at two gleaming golden wings. An Angel's wings ran through my mind.

With the fury of my Yami when he is mad at Yami Bakura, I flew off towards his crying face that was being pulled away by Tristan and Joey. I shoot off like a bullet into the sky, crying out as unharnessed rage swept through me. My wings were strengthening, as if knowingly that I had to see my Yami.

I looked up at the image of my Yami be pulled away. Than I cringed as the puzzle began to glow, it made a huge flash before my eyes. They puzzle was than move from my Yami's neck with his hands. He held it out in front of him and stopped crying. He stood up and strode nearer to the image as though he knew I was watching from right there.

" Yugi, I never did get to tell you that, I love you, with all my heart and now I know that you are an angle rising to the castle of the heavens and through it's bronze doors to my father Ra and my mother Isis (the Goddess, not the character). Say Hello to them for me." He said with a broad smile as he disappeared into the puzzle as it began to lose its golden sparkle. It fell to the floor where Joey picked it up. He looked at it quizzically and placed it on the bookshelf that was near him.

I flew droopily back to wards the castle, crying all the way, in pain and in rage for me being such and idiot for doing this to my Yami. I landed on the cobble stone area around the castle. I bent down and cried, my hands over my eyes. I stopped when I heard the bronze doors opening loudly. I stood up and wiped my face as two gleaming figures stepped out of the shadow in the castle into the light where I could see them.

" Welcome home little Yugi, Hikari to our son Yami." They said with a broad smile that I had just seen on Yami. I walked unwillingly into the castle, which was now filled with people, who all had wings like mine.