Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ chase for the cure ❯ The journey ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chase For the Cure

Chap. 1. The dream part

We join Yugi, Tea, Christina, and Evil Bakura on a medium sized motorboat that is being driven by an old man. Evil Bakura is sitting near the front of the boat with a `pout' look on his face and his arms crossed. Yugi is sitting diagonally behind him, and looks to be thinking about something. Christina is sitting across from and facing Evil Bakura and in front of Yugi. Tea looks like she's `sleeping' a cross from Yugi and behind Bakura.

It's nearly dead silent when out of the blue, Christina, trying to lighten things up says to Bakura "It's a good thing you're the evil Bakura or we wouldn't have let you come with us." Bakura, along with Yugi, just look at her like she's crazy, Christina then nervously clears her throat and then she notices that the boat had started to frost over and that her hand was going numb. Christina's hand then froze into a thin iced Popsicle and she then asked the old man "Is it ok if we freeze into Popsicle's?" The old man replies "Of curse it's ok, unless you want a hand in a few years, ha ha!"

Then they hear Yugi yell, they had found what they were looking for, in a thin worn entrance to the forest next to the river, was a `house' with 3 rooms, and in that `house' a strange pig-like creature was living inside, but little did 2 of our heroes know that they would little by little bond.

The boat lands on the opposite bank than the `house', were there's a field. They lay Tea, who is actually very sick and is unconscious. Yugi kneels beside Tea and holds her head. "Bakura and Christina, you are going to go on a shark hunt," Yugi exclaims. "It's just like it sounds, we have to catch that pig, it's the only way to wake Tea up and cure her. Remember you only need to hold it for 10 seconds then let it go, got it?" "Yes of curse, 10 seconds" Christina answers, and Bakura just nodes his head yes. Christina jumps back into the boat, and just as evil Bakura turns around to walk to the boat and join Christina, Yugi quietly says to Bakura, "And no funny business, ok?" Evil Bakura evilly chuckles then comments "For what reason do I have to deceive you on this trip?" then he scuffs and walks to the boat and gets in.

Once they are across they get out and walk into the house, after a moment Christina spots something, "There it goes!" she exclaims. They run in to the next room and just catch a glimpse of its pig-like tail. Christina runs into the last room, it's very quiet…too quiet, Christina says to her self "lets see, usually in moves like this, it comes from behind…" Then in an instant, the creature leaps out from the shadows behind her. The pig just misses Christina when she bands down and it just goes over her shoulder and she turns around and catches it by the base of its tail, the pig squeals loudly then slips through her grip.

Chap. 2. My part

The pig-like creature then ran in to the previous room were evil Bakura seemed to be looking around for something. Then suddenly he flue to the floor, flat on his face, and were Bakura had formerly been standing was the creature they had been chasing after. It then ran into the first room, but instead of running after the pig, Christina kneeled in front of Bakura and offered an out starched hand and said, "We've got to work together, we've got to cooperate in order to catch this thing." Evil Bakura looks up and slaps her hand away in rejection then says trying to get up "I need no help from a mortal." Then Christina smiles and asks "Are you sure you don't?" Then Evil Bakura looks angry seeing that he can't get up on his own then reluctantly agreeing says, "Perhaps, you are right." Then Christina helps him up then Bakura asks, "Why are you being so nice to me? I've done so many terrible things." Christina smiles again and calmly answers, "As I see it, everyone disserves to be greeted with a smile and everyone needs at lest one good friend." Evil Bakura looks slightly shocked then closes his eyes and a small smile appears on his face for a quick moment. "Well what do you say? Are we going to catch that hog or what?" Christina says enthusiastically, Evil Bakura then answers "Yes, lets."

Evil Bakura and Christina stand in the doorway between the first and second rooms waiting for movement. Then a slight movement in the shadows, then the creature leaps toward Bakura to try and injure him even more, and Christina catches the pig in its mid-flight. The pig struggles and squeals and Christina endures as best she can as the pig's sharp hooves scratched and cut her skin. 1 seconds, 2 seconds, the pig struggles and struggles scratching Christina's arms up. 3 seconds, 4 seconds, 5 seconds, the pigs struggles even more cutting Christina's arms and making them bleed even more. But mean wail Bakura is not in the same room he's in the room were the pig previously knocked him down. He then looks around and then says in his mind `now wail she's distracted I can get what I came for, now were is it time is nearly up…ah there it is.' Christina is now down to 2 seconds left and she is bleeding from her cuts, and at last, the 10 seconds are up! Christina then lets the pig go and then drops to the ground. Bakura walks in and asks in a casual voice "Are you ok?" "Well other than my cuts, I'm ok," Christina replied.

The two of them helped each other back to the bout to see if Tea' was ok. Once they climbed back out they were greeted by a happy and awake Tea' and a very relived Yugi. "You did it! Good job" Yugi exclaimed. "Ya thanks, I could have died if it weren't for you Christina. I bet Bakura didn't help at all." Tea says. "Oh, Bakura was a big help, I don't think I could have done it with out him" Christina claims. Evil Bakura is leaning against a tree in its shadow and something in his hand glitters in the sunlight. `If only you knew the real reason I came.' Evil Bakura thinks.

TheEnd